A spam message from. . .

Sånıc Bÿm

You know all those stories about people claiming to be Somali or Ethiopian princes sending emails offering to wire millions of dollars to your bank account? Well, I recently got a somewhat similar message from (some Japanese server) (with (some gmail address) as the reply-to address). Although the sender claims to be a mere "TRANSFER INSPECTION OFFICER," he gave off the aura of an Ethiopian prince. Anyway, without further ado,

Bank of America
From Desktop of Mr. Jeff Anderson
Our Ref: BOF-0XX2/987/20
E-mail: (some gmail address)

It is my modest obligation to write you this letter as regards the Authorization of your owed payment through our most respected financial institution (Bank of America). I am Mr. Jeff Anderson, TRANSFER INSPECTION OFFICER, foreign operations Department Bank of America, the British Government in Conjunction with us government, World Bank, united Nations Organization on foreign Payment matters has empowered my bank after much consultation and consideration to handle all foreign payments and release them to their appropriate beneficiaries with the help of a Representative from Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

As the newly Appointed/Accredited International Paying Bank, We have been instructed by the world governing body together with the committee on international debt reconciliation department to release your overdue funds with immediate effect; with this exclusive vide transaction no.: wha/eur/202,password: 339331, pin code: 78569, having received these vital payment numbers, you are instantly qualified to receive and confirm your payment with us within the next 96hrs.

Be informed that we have verified your payment file as directed to us and your name is next on the list of our outstanding fund beneficiaries to receive their payment. Be advised that because of too many funds beneficiaries, you are entitled to receive the sum of $14.5M,(Fourteen Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars only), as to enable us pay other eligible beneficiaries.

To facilitate with the process of this transaction, please kindly re-confirm the following information below:

1) Your Full Name:
2) Your Full Address:
3) Your Contact Telephone and Fax No:
4) Your Profession, Age and Marital Status:
5) Any Valid Form of Your Identification/Driver's License:
6) Bank Name:
7) Bank Address:
8) Account Name:
9) Account Number:
10) Swift Code:
11) Routing Number:

As soon as we receive the above mentioned information, your payment will be processed and released to you without any further delay. This notification email should be your confidential property to avoid impersonators claiming your fund. You are required to provide the above information for your transfer to take place through Bank to Bank Transfer directly from Bank of America

We Look Forward To Serving You Better.

Mr. Jeff Anderson,
TRANSFER INSPECTION OFFICER
Bank of America
Edited by eclipse
Let's NOT put e-mail addresses here, 'k?

14 minutes ago, Motendra said:

What exactly is this aura of an "Ethiopian prince" that you speak of? You realize that neither Somalia nor Ethiopia have royalty.... right?

I imagine he must be thinking "Nigerian".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_scam#History

While the name is most likely fake, there's no telling if the e-mail address is.  Perhaps some poor soul had his e-mail hacked.  Hence why I removed them.