A Hero Rises. Who should we vote for?

Midnox

FREE HERO  

169 members have voted

1. 1. WHO'LL BE THE FREE HERO?

• Vanguard Ike, the legendary earth hero
    • Hector, the heavy DC nightmare

Definitely putting all votes in the Legendary RD Ike, I think mainly he or Hector have the pull over the entire population to be chosen. Recency bias and Ike being Ike (for Ike) or a powerful armor/popular lord that is also top-tier skill fodder (for Hector).
Chose Ike since I already have a Hector, don't need anymore DC fodder for the arena team, and I got a Sanaki on the legendary banner instead of RD Ike.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike is the most popular lord in the series. The unit is amazing, he's a legendary hero with an ATK Boost to whoever he gives his blessing to, and he only appears on a 4 day banner while sharing a color with 2 other units. V!Ike is the most likely and reasonable choice.

He never won't be rare. He's a gem for vets who didn't pull him, good fodder for those who did, and an easy mode button for newer players that still lack strong reds.

Hector is an amazing and somewhat elusive unit. But he's going to keep popping up on banners and potentially could share Distant Counter with another unit that eventually gets released (also Distant Counter seal might end up being a thing). Objectively, Ike is a better economical choice.

That being said, I'm probably going to use most of my remaining votes on Ike. Nevermind my bias and that I have 2 Hectors already.

Edited by Zeo

Cast my 3rd votes for Shigure and Inigo for popularity. Probably going to vote for H! Sakura because I spent so much to get her and didn't... ( sigh ) I'm annoyed how people are selecting units that appear regularly ( Camilla, Robin, looking at you. ) Seasonal units should be the ones to choose because they are limited. 

You know it's perfect timing to have the poll now, to take advantage of people's salt against the Legendary banners.

Ah well, I don't really have to vote for him then and just try and to get more seasonals in the running. I wish they'd release a top ten like CYL

So it's safe to say that L!Ike will win this. That's good, I suppose, I didn't pull him.

Still voting for Bride Caeda on the off-chance that she'll score high enough to do another run around.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

You know it's perfect timing to have the poll now, to take advantage of people's salt against the Legendary banners.

Ah well, I don't really have to vote for him then and just try and to get more seasonals in the running. I wish they'd release a top ten like CYL

I think it would be top 4 to be in a banner from final round. As we get the the winner for free unit, we may pull another 3 from final if we want them too.

I didn't look at any list of who's in the lead yet, but I predict Vanguard Ike, Brave Ike, Hector and Winter Tharja to be the top 4 in the final round.

Edited by Raven

14 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Watch L!Ike, B!Ike, and Ike be in the top 4. XD I'm still expecting at least the first two. 

So far I've cast votes for Ayra, Halloween Henry, Hector, and now Ayra again. I'll probably just keep up that pattern.

I mean, more Steady Breath B!Ike fodder is always great

I've cast votes for Halloween Henry, Halloween jakob, Spring Camilla, Inigo and Hector so far. But leaning more towards seasonals.

I wouldn't mind if we get Skyzura as well, she's great utility. Even if I already have her, I can always user her for Hone Fliers.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

I mean, more Steady Breath B!Ike fodder is always great

I've cast votes for Halloween Henry, Halloween jakob, Spring Camilla, Inigo and Hector so far. But leaning more towards seasonals.

I wouldn't mind if we get Skyzura as well, she's great utility. Even if I already have her, I can always user her for Hone Fliers.

Any of the dancers would be really good, especially the limited ones since everyone could probably find a use for another dancer. I guess they don't really make for amazing fodder however. I'd probably prefer Steady Breath fodder to Warding Breath fodder, but I at least understand the appeal for Vanguard Ike since he's a bit rarer. Maybe I'd be able to give Warding Breath to Joshua...or my +RES Myrrh. XD

4 hours ago, Raven said:

I didn't look at any list of who's in the lead yet, but I predict Vanguard Ike, Brave Ike, Hector and Winter Tharja to be the top 4 in the final round.

Why Brave Ike? He's been available for the CYL free pick anyway, and even out of the people who don't have him one way or another, I doubt many of the people who really want an Ike wouldn't vote for Vanguard Ike.

Hector and Winter Tharja do seem like likely runner-ups, though. For a fourth, I'm guessing Summer Corrin.

I decided to dump all my votes except one which went to Eldigan, in to H!Jakob because dang it I spent a lot of orbs trying for him with no luck and he is my most want unit that is in the game.  He probably won't make it to the finals so I will see who I go for after that.

Ooh, if RD Ike wins, I'll get a +1 of him! And an RD Ike that isn't -Spd. Neutral is better than +HP, -Spd lol. I saw the tweet that said he's in the lead too, so that's cool. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

I forgot to vote the last days. 
Since my hope that I can get a Christmas Tharja is leaving me I'm not that motivated anymore. But I could life with one more Hector or Legendary Ike. They are still units who are useful. I wished they would make it like this that we get one hero from every color and have to choose one of them. This would at least give some players a way to decide who to choose and maybe a bit less salt. 

I'm kind of thinking I might just stop voting for now since it does rather seem like a foregone conclusion. Don't get me wrong, I'll be totally happy when buff Ike wins, but the next week of voting doesn't really carry any value. We already got an idea of relative popularity of units through CYL so there's no incentive to do it even for informational purposes. Frankly it should have been one vote in round one (four at a push), and one vote in round two.

I don't care what people vote for but I really wish they would've just given him out instead of pretending the players had any choice in the matter.  Of course people would vote for Ike immediately after failing to get them.  It's Ike.

It's like they can't give a free unit without waving these other possibilities in front of my face.

Tossed a vote to Brave Roy and Ryoma. At this point, it's for the wallpapers since it seems pretty obvious who's going to win.

The cynical side of me wants to say that it's just a way of giving Ike out for free but making it look better by letting people "choose" even if they were effectively led by the nose to that choice; Feh even made a point of mentioning Ike could be voted for in the annohncement. The non-cynical side does have to admit that it they didn't have to do this and it is nice to give everyone a pretty rare 5*.

52 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I'm kind of thinking I might just stop voting for now since it does rather seem like a foregone conclusion. Don't get me wrong, I'll be totally happy when buff Ike wins, but the next week of voting doesn't really carry any value. We already got an idea of relative popularity of units through CYL so there's no incentive to do it even for informational purposes. Frankly it should have been one vote in round one (four at a push), and one vote in round two.

Vote for wallpapers!