A Hero Rises. Who should we vote for?

Midnox

FREE HERO  

169 members have voted

1. 1. WHO'LL BE THE FREE HERO?

• Vanguard Ike, the legendary earth hero
    • Hector, the heavy DC nightmare

8 hours ago, Coolmanio said:

Legendary Hero Ike is currently in the lead!!

Let's keep voting!

Unless some Veronica happens again, VIke has pretty much won. I'm happy, and good thing, since I didn't bother to invest in his bannerĀ 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasted one vote for Sigurd and Gunnthra and thought that Gunnthra could win, but now it seems that V!Ike will win, he had got already the rest of my votes and the next ones are save for him.

First day I voted for V!Ike since I want to avoid Legendary Banners as much as possible (looking at you, febreary's LHB with Brave Ike). But I really don't care who wins, since I won't get a unit I really want (Leo, Alm, Bridal Charlotte, Summer Corrin...) so I skipped day 2 and now I've voted Bridal Charoltte and Bridal Caeda just for the wallpapers.Ā 

Hah ... if RD!Ike wins then not having pulled him on this recent legendary banner wouldn't be a terrible thing. Getting new characters is always great.

If RD!Ike (or any legendary hero) wins this, I wonder if we'll get a free blessing too.

Only managed to pull Sanaki and Siegbert on the Legendary bannerĀ so I'm glad to see Ike winning this so far. I'll give him all my votes unless Ayra somehow gets in the final round but I highly doubt that will happen.

So far Iā€™ve voted for Summer Elise every single day as that is the only unit in the game right now that IĀ really want. Sure, she doesnā€™t really have a chance of winning, I havenā€™t seen anyone else say theyā€™re voting for her,Ā but Iā€™m doing so regardless as I never liked the idea of this event in the first place.Ā Of course letting everyone pick their own free unit would be too generous.

If VL!Ike reaches the final round and Summer Elise does not, I will go for VL!Ike as once I pull Summer Elise with my orb savings (and spendings, if I have to), she would really appreciate an Earth Blessing. I have a bunch of fodder on standby for her as it is!

23 hours ago, Johann said:

I don't blame you, it's reasonable for everyone to vote in their best interests here. Arena can be a huge pain even if your favorite units are prepared for the most obnoxious threats. At a certain point, I even switched from using Blade tomes to Wolf tomes (which has made horse emblem a joke). Would you wanna discuss Arena strategy? I 100% support people using the units they want to use and exploring strategies with them.

If you could have any unit for free as a 5*, who would you pick?

If I could have any free 5* it would be Christmas Chrom with Christmas Robin being a close second. It would feel like a waste to go after anyone that wasn't seasonal, and I really like those two haha.

Thanks for the offer, but I kind of already know my problem with arena. I have a main team of Alfonse, Reinhardt, Klein, and PInigo and there aren't many other units besides them that I put any serious investment into. This is why arena seasons like the current one mess with me so badly. If I can't replace one of these four with someone whose base kit is good enough to stand on their own in that season (which is becoming harder with some of the new units they are releasing), then I'm going to lose repeatedly and it is going to feel like a grind to do arena. I just like using these four to clear everything in the game, and it works the majority of the time. I have started investing in other units, but I don't follow the meta. I just go for whoever I like which is the reason I kitted out POlivia and PShigure, but still have PAzura at level 1. If I don't like the character I won't use them. Obviously you can make any character super good with enough investment, but some take a lot more then others (like Alfonse). I find I enjoy playing the game more like this and have just come to accept the 3 - 4 orbs I won't get during these seasons.

Ike is in the lead and I'm 100% alright with that.Ā 

I will probably toss a single vote over to Ephraim though as he is the only favorite character of mine that I don't have yet. Raven is up there, but I'll eventually pull a *4 of him... some day.

Didnā€™t take long for me to throw that ā€œalternate between Hector and L!Ikeā€ plan out the window. Decided to vote for seasonals instead, notably Witch Nowi and New Years Takumi because they have that sweet atk/res bond that Niles desires.

I wonder if they'll tell us how many votes the finalists got? I feel like that information would take the fun out of choosing who you'd personally want out of the top 4. I've been voting Hector so that he shows up as an option but, full disclosure, I will defect to the character I want most of the four finalists. And the only characters I want more than Ike are seasonals with valor skills.

4 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I wonder if they'll tell us how many votes the finalists got? I feel like that information would take the fun out of choosing who you'd personally want out of the top 4. I've been voting Hector so that he shows up as an option but, full disclosure, I will defect to the character I want most of the four finalists. And the only characters I want more than Ike are seasonals with valor skills.

Seasonals with valor skills, you say?

Vote for Summer Elise! Sheā€™ll helpĀ train your Ninos, Julias and Cecilias (and any other green tome user haha),Ā and sheā€™s also super strong! And super adorable too!Ā Bonus!

Nah,Ā vote for whoever you wantĀ haha! If Hector wins someoneā€™s getting Distant Counter. My current Hector is -Atk but Iā€™ve invested in him too much to fodder him off and DC fodder is way too good to pass up (I regretted merging two Takumis a while back)!

I'm voting for Hector, RD Ike seems overrated.Ā  He's not that much better, if at all, over the other two Ikes, which have been banner fixtures the past couple months.Ā  RD Ike might give me a slightly higher Arena score, but a Distant Counter for Effie would be more appreciated.

4 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I'm voting for Hector, RD Ike seems overrated.Ā  He's not that much better, if at all, over the other two Ikes, which have been banner fixtures the past couple months.Ā  RD Ike might give me a slightly higher Arena score, but a Distant Counter for Effie would be more appreciated.

RD Ike does have theĀ advantage of DC andĀ a guaranteed aether with QR, which is pretty sweet. But yeah, after having both B!Ike and V!Ike, I'm almost actually inclined to say B!Ike is slightly better since he can tank better and actually handle B!Lyn and Reinhardt while V!Ike dies just like regular Ike. That said both are great characters and I'd need to actually use V!Ike more to really say.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Vanguard Ike is just a cool unit and we like Ike. It's not all about the skills for fodder, who's better, etc. for everyone - people just want Vanguad Ike. Indisputably the best variant of Ike.

The number of people voting for Ike because they either want Ike after a failed Legendary Banner or because they simply like Ike, weighs heavier than those who are voting for other units for any other reason. Understandable, really.