A Hero Rises. Who should we vote for?

Midnox

FREE HERO  

169 members have voted

1. 1. WHO'LL BE THE FREE HERO?

• Vanguard Ike, the legendary earth hero
    • Hector, the heavy DC nightmare

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

. Don't know why they pulled a stunt like this, should have just given him out for free, it would have been fine as a gift.

So they can get some cash first on a banner for a unit they planned to give away for free, perhaps.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I'm shocked, truly.

Ugh, even if they do a banner with those (which I don't think they will, but it's not impossible), my chances of getting Hector would be destroyed by Axura, who I do not need anymore (already have two for training purposes and with practical natures).... just like Lilina did with Vector.... twice.

Can't wait for this farce to be over and have two of the four elements bloating up arena scores.

@Zangetsu Does it surprise you? The entire thing is really just funneling the masses towards Ike. Shiniest/newest unit (who happens to be #1 male character) right before the event started, new mode requiring legendaries and blessings and making Ike an optimal pick (I'd pick another Fjorm then for her bonus, but everyone has her already, so Ike is way more prominent as a rare reward), mid results proudly presenting Ike at the top spot further pushing competition aside, being dependent on whatever other people want, etc. - I can't help but feel jaded.

Actually, yes! I am genuinely surprise on people's reaction to this.

I know why I'm jaded but I didn't think that response would be share with so many others. Even if someone's would be indifferent, I figure people would be happy overall about getting a powerful unit. Granted I do think this entire voting event went on far longer than it really should have & seeing the mid-term results twice didn't exactly help with enthusiasm, but I just figure getting a free Radiant Ike would make people overall happy or satisfy.

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Actually, yes! I am genuinely surprise on people's reaction to this.

I know why I'm jaded but I didn't think that response would be share with so many others. Even if someone's would be indifferent, I figure people would be happy overall about getting a powerful unit. Granted I do think this entire voting event went on far longer than it really should have & seeing the mid-term results twice didn't exactly help with enthusiasm, but I just figure getting a free Radiant Ike would make people overall happy or satisfy.

I can understand that, after all, your expectations hold true for the majority of the player base. Personally, I even appreciate that people who genuinely like and want the new Ike will get him. A happy clientele means greater longevity and I do not want people to get whatever I ask for, but on an individual level, the entire thing fails spectacularly if Ike isn't what you want/need at all. I find him overrated, he doesn't fit any needs of mine or benefits any of my teams, I'll be forced to use him during Earth season for the foreseeable future (bloating up arena scores) and I can't fodder him off (I always keep one copy for any upcoming needs), not that his skills were that great either. In result, I'll get a 5* for free, no need to be upset about that, but rather about a big event, normally a great gift for the anniversary, that basically does nothing for me, a big letdown. I guess that feeling is shared with others, even if we are a minority, when the event could have pleased everyone.

In the end, I just ask myself: Why even bother with this voting, besides giving an illusion of choice (maybe determining a 4-unit banner)? @Vince777 raises a possibility that could increase profits, but who knows what IS was thinking.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

Not all that surprised by the top 4. I feel like Ike and Hector were a given. I also figured either Spring Camilla or Winter Tharja would be up there as well as an iteration of Azura. But PA Azura is a little more surprising than NY Azura. The former has those amazing buffs, but the latter has only been on one banner so far and has a unique movement type.

Ike's going to win. If he doesn't I'll be incredibly shocked. I'm lucky enough to have 3/4 of these units (and I don't have any strong desire for Tharja even though she'd make fabulous fodder). I think I'll throw all my votes at Hector since I want DC more than anything else. Ike doesn't make fabulous fodder... I guess there's Warding Breath, but I don't know how many units actually want it. Maybe my Adult Tiki would want it since I'm going for a more balanced build. There's also Joshua who might run a really neat Warding Breath+Close Counter seal build. But I have so many units that want DC...

We'll just have to see.

I'm thrilled by these results. Three units I don't have or a spare Hector. If I had to pick one, it'd be PA!Azura, since Guunthra, one of my four Summer Xanders, and two Inigos have appeared in the instances I tried to get her. Winter Tharja I'm not as concerned about, because the other red units that she'll be with in a legendary banner will also be incredible units that I don't have, including L!Ike. 

I'm voting Ike, of course. I want a merge for my RD Ike and an RD Ike that isn't -Spd. I hope Tharja does NOT win. I despise her and would just get rid of her, either as fodder or for feathers.

Edited by Anacybele

"So who's our victor, Vector?"

It's almost as if they don't realise that their method of RNG unit distribution is inevitably going to screw over people based purely on their past luck if they decide on giving away the one same unit to the entire playerbase. It's a particular shame because they've seemingly regressed on a solid system they already had in place for CYL1. I'm not angry, just a little disappointed, and that's despite me likely ending up with the unit I want. No, I'm disappointed at the thought process behind this (or lack thereof).

I mean, I personally would take any of the units except Hector. But that's no slight on Hector, I simply already have him, and none of the other three. People who vote for Hector because they don't have him yet are being fully rational. People who vote for Hector because they have everyone else that they want and just want the most useful fodder are being fully rational. In a vote where some people have played since launch and have spent tens of thousands of dollars, and others have played barely a month and haven't put in a single cent, the one-size-fits-all approach is grossly inadequate.

Still, there's the thing about gift horses and what you shouldn't do with them. I'll contentedly take my free unit and either use them or fodder them off to Myrrh. I just hope they're smarter about it next time.

Ugh, I'm definitely going to be disappointed if Tharja wins. I don't have her, I don't want her, but her terrible design and just being a character that... doesn't resonate with me is churning.   

They should've ended it at the first round of voting as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I'm voting Ike, of course. I want a merge for my RD Ike and an RD Ike that isn't -Spd. I hope Tharja does NOT win. I despise her and would just get rid of her, either as fodder or for feathers.

Out of curiosity, what is your Ike? Having one that's neutral speed, he still gets doubled a lot and is still reliant on QR to double. I personally am leaning toward saying he should either shoot for a speed boon to avoid some additional doubles or take a speed bane since he's getting doubled anyway and that's 3 points toward a more useful stat. Granted this is PE.

Anyway, I'd like Tharja the most since she's the best unit I don't have, although I wouldn't mind Azura. But of the others I'd like Hector the most so I can give someone DC. Ike I'm actually not sure on. Part of me wants to give warding breath to Nowi or a +res Ryoma I just pulled, but part of me wants to merge him since 56 attack just seems fun.

Edited by bottlegnomes

4 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Out of curiosity, what is your Ike? Having one that's neutral speed, he still gets doubled a lot and is still reliant on QR to double. I personally am leaning toward saying he should either shoot for a speed boon to avoid some additional doubles or take a speed bane since he's getting doubled anyway and that's 3 points toward a more useful stat. Granted this is PE.

He's -Spd, but I actually forget his boon... I believe it was either +Def or +HP. And yeah, I gave him the QR3 seal.

You bet your salty head I voted for Ike. No I don't have Tharja and I don't want her either. I'll take her if I get her, she's a good unit, but I don't care about her in the slightest and I literally pulled every color but red on the WE banner and red was the color that appeared the most (I probably would have gotten her if I'd been pulling them).

Voted for the "Normal Girl" and I was tempted to vote for PA Azura because I have yet to summon any Azuras. I'd love to have any of the units, but vanguard Ike might be the most important one for me considering the new mode where only legendary heroes and blessed heroes can participate and the only legendary hero I have is Fjorm, the one everyone got for free and if you don't have her yet, complete Chapter 1 of Book II to receive a free Fjorm. :p

Well given that I already have all four of the finalists, and with good IVs at that, I’m hoping that Hector or Tharja win because they each bring great fodder along with them.  

I can find a use for Warding Breath, but I could use 20+ Distant Counters and still want more.

Edited by kcirrot

I really hope W!Tharja wins, due to her weapon movement being useful for me. I didn’t realize I wanted her till it was to late. If L!Ike wins, I won’t be mad, I’ll just be disappointed, as I don’t really have a use for him. I’ll probably just get him to lv 40, and then either fodder him off for warding Breath, or bench him.

9 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I really hope W!Tharja wins, due to her weapon movement being useful for me. I didn’t realize I wanted her till it was to late. If L!Ike wins, I won’t be mad, I’ll just be disappointed, as I don’t really have a use for him. I’ll probably just get him to lv 40, and then either fodder him off for warding Breath, or bench him.

If you're running a Manakete team, Warding Breath is great, even more valuable than DC outside of Myrrh. 

The new mode you'll probably need Ike unless you have Gunnthra/Fjorm. I'd actually prefer if they made it difficult, but people would be fuming as "p2p" or the like.

I voted for the Normal Girl, because I don't have her (unlike Hector), I want her (unlike Azura, and to a lesser extent Ike), and I don't think I'll manage to pull her ever (unlike Ike, who's gonna be on multiple 8% banners so I have some confidence that he'll be mine eventually, though even if he isn't I only really want him to teach Warding Breath to other units). Plus I want another Armor mage, and I don't like my odds of pulling LA Lyn.

I hope Tharja wins, but really as long as it isn't Azura (I just don't care for her) I'll be happy with any of the top 4. Tharja is someone I want, Hector I could use another one of for Distant Counter fodder, and Ike would be leveled to 40 and then used as Warding Breath fodder because I don't really want him.

2 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

If you're running a Manakete team, Warding Breath is great, even more valuable than DC outside of Myrrh. 

The new mode you'll probably need Ike unless you have Gunnthra/Fjorm. I'd actually prefer if they made it difficult, but people would be fuming as "p2p" or the like.

I thought you just needed to have units who've been given Blessings for that new mode?

54 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I might give just keep L!Ike, just for AA reasons and that new mode

I pulled an extra Fjorm as well as Gunnthra plus I have an good amount of blessings, so I’m fine there