• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my reasons why we should all vote for VIke

1) Warding Breath fodder

2) Very strong unit, around BIke's level of utility

3) Legendary Hero with atk blessing

4) He's Ike, hands down the most loved of the whole franchise (CYL1 proves it)

5) High BST is always welcome

6) ONLY obtainable in legendary heroes summoning events along with other 2 units, thus it's very unlikely we'll be getting VIke as a focus unit in some banners, which hector is 100% gonna be

Edited by Yexin

Gotta go with Hector... Free DC is something that literally everyone can use. 

@Yexin But we know that Ike WILL be showing up again in future Legendary focus banners, the same as Fjorm and Gunnthra have :0 the announcements even say that Vike will be back at the end of the month for the next Legendary banner. So there WILL be chances to get him again. 

Edited by BANRYU

I forgot about ToD Nowi. So many units; so many of them being red mages I've never summoned before. Aversa's going to be introduced (eventually) and hopefully as a GHB unit, but I still want more red mages. I swear to Naga if they make her regular self a summonable unit. So, mage knight Eirika, ToD Nowi, and the "Normal Girl" will be my nine votes and vanguard Ike and Hector my last two votes.

20 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Gotta go with Hector... Free DC is something that literally everyone can use. 

@Yexin But we know that Ike WILL be showing up again in future Legendary focus banners, the same as Fjorm and Gunnthra have :0 the announcements even say that Vike will be back at the end of the month for the next Legendary banner. So there WILL be chances to get him again. 

tell me

which is the easiest one to get, between hector as a focus unit or vike in a legendary hero banner?

come on, legendary hero banners suck if you want a single unit in particular, that's why we should vote for vike

Edited by Yexin

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

tell me

which is the easiest one to get, between hector as a focus unit or vike in a legendary hero banner?

come on, legendary hero banners suck if you want a single unit in particular, that's why we should vote for vike

Based on the fact that I haven't got Hector despite trying for him on every focus banner and green being my most-pulled color? I'd say not him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

Based on the fact that I haven't got Hector despite trying for him on every focus banner and green being my most-pulled color? I'd say not him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i guess that's just bad luck

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

Besides, even if V!Ike won, I’d still fodder him off for because I despise him for the same reasons a lot of people despise the new Erika, but partly because he took the spot of a new hero

Radiant Dawn Ike is quite unlike a random uncanon Eirika with a dark tome right in the middle of a normal banner, I feel. I am biter about Eirika but not about Ike. 

Radiant Dawn Ike and Path of Radiance Ike are significantly different enough that it warrants a version of both. 

Still voted for Hector.

Edited by Vince777

Eirika being a mage, and coming out in a normal banner was strange for sure, but I don't really mind it, however V!Ike is just simply disappointing... I mean, Fjorm and Gunnthra were new and original characters never seen before, while V!Ike is just another sword infantry Ike... When I saw the video I was so hyped about a new character, and then I was like "must be a joke, right?" My problem is not that it's the third Ike (I would actually like to see more versions of the same unit than just one), but the fact that he is kind of unoriginal. So basically that's why I won't vote for him at all (I don't really know what I would do with him if he wins, maybe give his warding breath to one of my other units) Hector's situation is a bit different, he has only one version (yet), and he has DC which is one of the most wanted skill for a lot of players. If he would win, I wouldn't mind it because unlike V!Ike's skills, I actually do need DC. I still won't vote for him, because I think this hero rises stuff is the best opportunity to receive seasonal units who rarely appear otherwise. (I hope we will see the seasonal banners reappear each year, but one year between said banners is still more than the legendary banners which so far happened almost monthly)

Edited by coldhand25

We could have gotten the best of two worlds and had Legendary Hero RD Ike on a horse wielding Gleipnir. :P

Incidentally, I just finished my Sacred Stones run yesterday. I didn't use Garm or Gleipnir, I didn't use Audhulma, I didn't use I didn't use Ivaldi or Latona, etcetera, etcetera. Granted in most cases it was because I had no one capable of wielding them, but still, I'm amazed at how many of you remember all of these so well that years later you can still not just remember all their names, but associate them with the appropriate hero in an entirely different game. I suspect I will forget most of these names a month or two from now.

The game itself, eh, it was decent. I enjoyed it more than Echoes, but would struggle to rank it much higher. Some decent quality-of-life improvements like shop access, and I'm glad Marcus isn't there judging me for how slow I play. However the writing was a step down from FE7 in every way, and I struggled to sympathise with any characters really. Except Moulder, he kept surprising me right to the end.

Ahem, apologies for the digression. I voted for buff Ike today because I'm boring like that, and because I've settled that I won't spend any more orbs on his current banner. Yesterday was Horse Eirika for exactly the same reason. My second account is just mirroring the votes this time around.

I'm voting for RDIke even though I don't actually want or like him. Legendary banners suck to pull for, and a lot of people do seem to want him so might as well. Nobody else has a shot except Hector (who I don't want to see because Arena is bad enough without everyone having DC fodder), and WTharja (who I really dislike).

3 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

I'm voting for RDIke even though I don't actually want or like him. Legendary banners suck to pull for, and a lot of people do seem to want him so might as well. Nobody else has a shot except Hector (who I don't want to see because Arena is bad enough without everyone having DC fodder), and WTharja (who I really dislike).

I agree that it stinks having to go against teams where every unit has DC, but I think DC generally favors people spending money over people who don't, so a free Hector for all would help everybody, but even more so for casual players who have little to no luck with Hector.

Given that the voting is done in two stages, voting for Vanguard Ike is a good thing since it focuses Ike's votes into one version, which arguably is his best, or certainly his rarest.

9 minutes ago, Johann said:

I agree that it stinks having to go against teams where every unit has DC, but I think DC generally favors people spending money over people who don't, so a free Hector for all would help everybody, but even more so for casual players who have little to no luck with Hector.

Given that the voting is done in two stages, voting for Vanguard Ike is a good thing since it focuses Ike's votes into one version, which arguably is his best, or certainly his rarest.

I'll be honest I'm being selfish here. I already hate going to arena and have already decided I just won't bother this week because I don't have a good unit to use that is in rotation right now, and Anna just isn't cutting it anymore on Tier 19 without serious investment...that I don't want to give her. Thinking about having to deal with more units with DC would probably put me off doing arena more that it already does. The worst part is I don't even know how to solve this issue. Tier 19 is the only one I don't see horse emblem at (have never gotten to tier 20), and it is very difficult to stay here unless you have a well built team going in. I'm trying to balance this out by voting for RDIke (who I just don't care about) since I have noticed that a lot of people seem to be gunning for him, but are unable to pull for him, but yeah I'm being selfish and I apologize in advance to everyone hoping for Hectors if he doesn't end up winning.

Gonna toss a vote towards NY!Azura cause flying Dancer is never a bad thing and I don't have her. Probably going to funnel votes back towards RD Ike though. I have no plans on voting for WE!Tharja or any of those units though. Might even throw a vote towards a variant of Lyn. Maybe one for Myrrh but nah cause I doubt she has the popularity to win even if she's a meta unit.

Edited by Zeo

Just now, YingofDarkness said:

I'll be honest I'm being selfish here. I already hate going to arena and have already decided I just won't bother this week because I don't have a good unit to use that is in rotation right now, and Anna just isn't cutting it anymore on Tier 19 without serious investment...that I don't want to give her. Thinking about having to deal with more units with DC would probably put me off doing arena more that it already does. The worst part is I don't even know how to solve this issue. Tier 19 is the only one I don't see horse emblem at (have never gotten to tier 20), and it is very difficult to stay here unless you have a well built team going in. I'm trying to balance this out by voting for RDIke (who I just don't care about) since I have noticed that a lot of people seem to be gunning for him, but are unable to pull for him, but yeah I'm being selfish and I apologize in advance to everyone hoping for Hectors if he doesn't end up winning.

I don't blame you, it's reasonable for everyone to vote in their best interests here. Arena can be a huge pain even if your favorite units are prepared for the most obnoxious threats. At a certain point, I even switched from using Blade tomes to Wolf tomes (which has made horse emblem a joke). Would you wanna discuss Arena strategy? I 100% support people using the units they want to use and exploring strategies with them.

If you could have any unit for free as a 5*, who would you pick?

Today I voted for Bride Cordelia after voting for Hector the last couple of days. I remember that I was going to split my votes between Hector and Ayra but I ended up getting the latter as a spook so I had to go for someone else.

Halloween Jakob today, despite the knowledge it's all but certain to be a wasted vote. But whoever it is, I will only vote for characters I will keep and use; I just can't imagine myself using a nice gift just for fodder. It's like if someone brings a nice dish to your party and you just take it and immediately feed it to your dog, it just feels kinda wrong.