Possible Legendary Heroes in the Franchise

Jingle Jangle

With the introduction of Vanguard Ike as an legendary hero, the floodgates are open for others to have the same treatment. For me, I would consider some being a legendary hero if they have a massive influence over the plots of their game or have a high authority in game. Some of the ideas for future candidates I had are,

• Hero King Marth: by the end of Mystery, he had become the  leader of the United Kingdom of Archanea, quite a feat.
  • Knight Lord Seliph: He had avenged his father death, stopped the Grannvale empire, and put an end of the Loptyr Cult.
  • Athos: He is one of the Eight Legends in Elibe, and has the stats to back it up
  • Dheginsea:  King of Goldoa, and one of Ashera's Three Heroes.
  • Sephiran/Lehran: Bird Jesus that caused majority of events in Tellius. 
  • Light Priestess Micaiah: Where she is empowed by Yune
  • The main trio of the Blazing Blade
  • Great Lord Chrom
  •  Hero/Conqueror Alm
  • Master Lord Roy

Athos packing Forblaze as the Fire Hero? I dig it. There seems to be a shortage of candidates for colorless units. So I'd propose flying staff wielder Elincia and Archer Alm.

Also Captain Fargus packing a Water Blessing. And his special activation quote is "What Moonclaves!"

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Athos packing Forblaze as the Fire Hero? I dig it. There seems to be a shortage of candidates for colorless units. So I'd propose flying staff wielder Elincia and Archer Alm.

Also Captain Fargus packing a Water Blessing. And his special activation quote is "What Moonclaves!"

If we go full-on legends, Elimine and Rausten(?) would make good ones, as well as Hannon or any other legendary bow users.

-Pretty much almost every Lord(including Lucina)

-Queen Lilina

-Radiant Dawn Elincia

-Athos and Gotoh would be neat

-Mila, Nagi, Idunn, another Tiki but stronger (basically any story important Dragon unit)

-Dheginsea

-Sephiran/Lehran

-Camilla (lets bet real)

-Takumi (I can see)

-Ryoma and Xander (possible)

Pretty much any important and popular character is a candidate now.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Hasha spoilers:

Spoiler

Origin Dragon Alle as a green breath user.

Also Hasha Zephiel dual wielding Eckesachs and the Binding Blade with his personal special skill Vasileus Dine.

And Tiki with her proper Mist Breath.

12 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

If we go full-on legends, Elimine and Rausten(?) would make good ones, as well as Hannon or any other legendary bow users.

Finally, someone else suggests a member of the Eight Legends not named Athos! I mean, yeah, I know why Athos is the most commonly mentioned one, but still, some days I wonder if anyone else even remembers there were eight.

23 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

With the introduction of Vanguard Ike as an legendary hero, the floodgates are open for others to have the same treatment. For me, I would consider some being a legendary hero if they have a massive influence over the plots of their game or have a high authority in game. Some of the ideas for future candidates I had are,

• Hero King Marth: by the end of Mystery, he had become the  leader of the United Kingdom of Archanea, quite a feat.
  • Knight Lord Seliph: He had avenged his father death, stopped the Grannvale empire, and put an end of the Loptyr Cult.
  • Athos: He is one of the Eight Legends in Elibe, and has the stats to back it up
  • Dheginsea:  King of Goldoa, and one of Ashera's Three Heroes.
  • Sephiran/Lehran: Bird Jesus that caused majority of events in Tellius. 
  • Light Priestess Micaiah: Where she is empowed by Yune
  • The main trio of the Blazing Blade
  • Great Lord Chrom
  •  Hero/Conqueror Alm
  • Master Lord Roy

While I'd totally blow all kinds of Orbs(and possible cash) on Master Lord Roy, I'm afraid there is one Legendary Hero who - at least in my book, chances are you'll all tell me I'm an idiot or unrealistic for any number of reasons - deserves a spot as a Legendary Hero more than literally every other character in all of Fire Emblem, and deserves a spot in Heroes long before quite a few other characters people are clamoring for just looking at the fact that people(players, to clarify, nobody remembers him in-game now) still remember his name despite him only being mentioned by name in what are(WARNING: Personal opinion approaching) probably the two least-popular Fire Emblem games of all(though that's not really the games' fault). I think most of you know who I'm talking about.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

…Ok seriously IS, give me his (self-censored) game already, I don't give a crap about how many other ideas you have for Fire Emblem, GIVE ME FREAKING ANRI ALREADY

Do we really have any idea what classifies as a Legendary Hero? While I'd like Anri-Cartas-Ordwin-Iote, the Twelve Crusaders, and Eight Legends/Divine Generals, The Three Heroes + Lehran, and... whatever Magvel has, I don't think we'll be getting them, save Athos eventually.

What we won't be getting- Setsuna, to name a complete random with no sense to it. Anyone with some plot relevance? Yes. Nino? Maybe

7 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

-Camilla (lets bet real)

Agreed! 

Despite me having heard no hero in the grand scheme of Fates's plot mattering beyond Corrin, Azura, and the brothers. She just has the leverage. And on a note of cynicism, Eirika.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also Hasha Zephiel dual wielding Eckesachs and the Binding Blade with his personal special skill Vasileus Dine.

Sounds awesome. Doesn't Tiena also blow up things with Aureola?

And that reminds me I heard Lewyn destroyed a castle with Elwind in a Jugdral manga. Good Naga she'd be the only one to know what he could do with Forseti.

8 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

…Ok seriously IS, give me his (self-censored) game already, I don't give a crap about how many other ideas you have for Fire Emblem, GIVE ME FREAKING ANRI ALREADY

And then Henry shows up wearing a beret, striped shirt, carrying a baguette lance and putting on a suspicious accent.

Edited by Humanoid

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds awesome. Doesn't Tiena also blow up things with Aureola?

Tiena vaporizes three fire dragons and probably a few hundred soldiers with a single cast.

If only you could do that at the end of FE7. Just nuke all of Nergal's hideout and not have to deal with everything in there.

12 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Finally, someone else suggests a member of the Eight Legends not named Athos! I mean, yeah, I know why Athos is the most commonly mentioned one, but still, some days I wonder if anyone else even remembers there were eight.

Well the trouble with those guys is we know nothing about them besides their names and the names of their weapons. With athos, the designers have a look, a weapon, and plenty of text dialogue to base his personality, battle, and castle quotes on. Bramimond makes an in-game appearance too, but the trouble with him is that his personality and appearance are subjective, everybody sees and hears a different person. So getting Durban or Roland would be functionally no different than getting an original character.

Anri is a good idea tho. Better than Marth to be tbh.

I've thought of another good Legendary Hero. Hardcore Henry

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Well the trouble with those guys is we know nothing about them besides their names and the names of their weapons. With athos, the designers have a look, a weapon, and plenty of text dialogue to base his personality, battle, and castle quotes on. Bramimond makes an in-game appearance too, but the trouble with him is that his personality and appearance are subjective, everybody sees and hears a different person. So getting Durban or Roland would be functionally no different than getting an original character.

In terms of physical appearance, we have Athos, Bramimond, Roland, Durban, Elimine (from the bonus disk), and Hartmut (from Hasha). We're only missing Barigan and Hanon, though they have silhouettes in Hasha.

We also have personalities, or at least enough material to base one off of, for all of ones with a physical appearance except Elimine, I believe.

I'd love to have Altina dual wielding Ragnell and Alondite, though.

It's been so long, yet it's still weird saying "Alondite" and not "Ettard".

10 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

So getting Durban or Roland would be functionally no different than getting an original character.

Spoiler

Roland.png

Beats nothing. I'm sure his design would be more or less a variation of this, and he did pop up in a single chapter of FE7 in a way.

More interested in Hartmut though as Roland would probably just have Blazing Durandal and then we'd have 3 users of that weapon.

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Bramimond makes an in-game appearance too, but the trouble with him is that his personality and appearance are subjective, everybody sees and hears a different person. So getting Durban or Roland would be functionally no different than getting an original character.

Roland seems generically idealistic young hero. Durban is a bit distinct in his blunt treatment of himself as a weapon of war and basically living for it.

Bramimond's appearance is always the same, nothing in the dialogue suggests that changes:

Spoiler

(Athos teleports the group underground)

Eliwood:
“It’s so dark…”

Hector:
“It’s creepy… Can’t see a thing.”

Lyn:
“Shh! …Someone’s here.”

Eliwood:
“You’re Bramimond…”

Bramimond:
“… Yes, I…suppose that is me. What do you want of me, you who live above ground?”

Lyn:
“We have a favor to ask. We seek something to help us defeat Nergal…”

Bramimond:
“That is unfortunate, for I cannot grant that which you seek. Humanity would suffer were I to remove the seals.”

Hector:
“What do you mean!? The entire world is on the brink of destruction as it is!!”

Bramimond:
“The entire world!? Why would I care about that!? The whole world can burn for all I care!!”

Hector:
“By Father Sky… Your voice… The way you talk. It keeps changing. How many…”

Athos:
“Bramimond has no self. He… She… It… Yes, it is a mirror that reflects the person addressing it. It projects no personality of its own. There are as many Bramimonds as there are people facing him. …Bramimond, do you remember me?”

Bramimond:
“…Athos. Hmm, it’s been many ages. I cannot fathom why you brought these people here. Why I sealed everything away… Do you forget why? The legendary items are not meant for human hands.”

Eliwood:
“But…we can’t stop Nergal like this! We need your power to help us save the world!”

Bramimond:
“……”

Athos:
“Bramimond, remember… We, too, are human. These people, they will not be seduced by power. They came here without my aid, using their own abilities. You observed them, did you not?”

Bramimond:
“… It’s true… They seem better, stronger than most humans. And yet, humans are frail. What guarantee do I have… that they will not succumb to that frailty, Athos?!”

Eliwood:
“A guarantee? There is none. We simply ask that you believe in us.”

Bramimond:
“…… …Once… There was a man much like you. His gaze never wandered. It was ever fixed straight ahead… …… ………”

(A bright light flashes over Elibe)

Bramimond:
“… The seals have been released. You may now do as you please. I’m tired. You will let me rest.”

His personality does change, but his will remains the same. Just because Hector yells for the seal on the Divine Weapons to be released, doesn't mean Bramimond agrees to it. He still has free will and a distinct identity, its just that superficial out layer has been peeled away in a lack of control over his mannerisms. I think thats a perfectly fine price to pay for the ultimate powers of darkness. Clairvoyance, immortality of age, dragon killing, seal making, resurrection? All so worth it. Which is why I love Bramimond, he made a serious sacrifice in the name of mastery of the darkness, but did not succumb to corruption in the process.

His personality could be left as the serious scholarly one Athos projects on him.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Bramimond's appearance is always the same, nothing in the dialogue suggests that changes:

I think you are mistaken. Remember, FE7's conversations are in first person. And Bramimond is wearing Mark's clothes but with the hood up. It's the tactician's perception of the "mirror". 

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And on a note of cynicism, Eirika.

Geez, it wasn't that bad. Although I am saying that as someone who hasn't play Sacred Stone.

2 hours ago, PB&J said:

Marth especially deserves it. We need pantsless Marth in heroes folks. (I want his old costume from melee and brawl in heroes with his girly look) 

I feel like what started as a joke will inevitably become a reality. Pantsless Marth is surprisingly a highly requested character.

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

In addition to the lords, we might see a Robin.

Grima! Robin please, if not Levin Sword.

4 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Great Lord Chrom

Why not Exalt Chrom instead?

I'd say Sirius makes a lot of sense considering all he's been through. I'd love a post-darksphere possession Hardin simply named Coyote, but that's probably not happening for obvious reasons.

For Jugdral, Forseti possessed Lewyn, King Trabant, Emperor Arvis, definitely post-FE5 Evayle, maybe Ishtar and Galzus... a lot to choose from there. Not really up for any of the crusaders because of how little we know about them individually. Master Knight Leif is also an interesting case. He doesn't really have the feats, but the implications of him reaching that class are pretty big.

Elibe feels like it's on a smaller scale somehow, so it's a bit more difficult. Niime and FE6!Karel would make a lot of sense. I'm iffy on King/Master Lord Roy(even though I'd love it), but he did win a continent-scale war, so it could work.

Nothing much to say about Magvel, mostly because it's been a while. I think King Ephraim makes sense.

Tellius has the Laguz kings, possibly Renning and Tauroneo, Greil, maybe Volke. Altina would be really neat. Also if she and Deghinsea can get a spot, and even though I had to look up his name, Soan qualifies as well. Ashnard is a difficult case. As for Micaiah, another case where I'd love that, but in terms of feats I think she comes short.

Awakening could have Future Past!Lucina. Maybe. Priam is obvious and as a result so is Walhart, who was a strong candidate anyway. Post-credit Robin could be fun. RNG-Goddess Anna is logical.

Fates has, er... pre-possession Garon, the usual suspects Xander and Ryoma, probably Queen Corrin.

Edited by Cysx

I feel like pretty much every main lord has a shot either in their promoted form, or post-game form after peace has been achieved. I'm not really a fan of alts, but Ike's already shown it's going to happen.

I do think it would be cool to get characters from FE lore as Legendary Heroes, though. So long as they have enough to go on for their appearance and character, of course (R.I.P. the Five Heroes of Magvel). Most of these have already been brought up by others, either in this thread or the Feh Channel thread, with notable inclusions being Anri, the Eight Legends, and Altina.

And since he's technically a character in the franchise now and no one has brought him up yet; King Gustav, a.k.a. Big Daddy Askr. I might have been wrong about him being the next Legendary Hero specifically, but I still think it'd be pretty neat to have him as a Legend and not have him fall victim to the dreaded "father of main character syndrome" and pass away.