Mario Kart Tour+The movie confirmed

Armagon

Yep, a Mario Kart mobile game is in development. The real question is, will it be free to play or will Nintendo charge $10 like they did with Super Mario Run?

The movie is real.

Edited by Armagon

Well this sounds promising.

Didn't SMR not sell very well? Yet Nintendo also said they preferred SMR to FTP in spite of this from what I remember.

If it was FTP, the question is then how will Ninty get its revenue? I'm not at all familiar with FTP games so I don't quite know the means for profits.

Regardless, I await the fun to come. Just remember people, shouting in frustration because you were Blue Shelled just before the finish line may attract unwanted attention at work/school/another public setting. 

31 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Hopeful it'll be as good as the last Super Mario Bros. movie.

From the people who made Despicable Me? I'm not even going to attempt to set the bar that low. The lowest I'm willing to go on quality is Angry Birds, and that was at least an enjoyable cynical cash grab.

10 minutes ago, ThatOneWeakArcher said:

The FTP mechanics could already be used with karts like in MK7 and 8. All they would have to do just put it into a lootbox or something.

Instead of parts being unlocked normally, they're put in lootcrates. This could easily be used to expand the amount of karts, wheels, and gliders available. That sounds pretty neat.

Just now, Hylian Air Force said:

Instead of parts being unlocked normally, they're put in lootcrates. This could easily be used to expand the amount of karts, wheels, and gliders available. That sounds pretty neat.

Yeah and also the gameplay unlike SMR, don't really need to be simplified to much. The controls could be: two buttons in the bottom right,  the left would be brakes and the right would be acceleration. On the bottom left, would be drifting/tricks and items. Turning would be done by tilting. Please tell me if I forgot something.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

We don't deserve this. That's not a compliment, Illumination have only given less of a crap over the years.

Could be worse, we might have gotten Brinquedo or something. :P

Based on the hype for a mobile Mario Kart, I'm guessing I'm the only one who has emulated Super Circuit on his phone.

Oh well, this is neat nonetheless. Probably won't play it much, might check it out if it's F2P. Can't say I'm hyped for the movie, I don't really watch movies to begin with, but Miyamoto as a movie producer? neat.

I kinda wondered what Illumination will handle the Super Mario movie? I did saw Disciple Me, I didn't get a chance to see 2, 3, and the Minions movie as well yet.

18 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well this sounds promising.

Didn't SMR not sell very well? Yet Nintendo also said they preferred SMR to FTP in spite of this from what I remember.

If it was FTP, the question is then how will Ninty get its revenue? I'm not at all familiar with FTP games so I don't quite know the means for profits.

Regardless, I await the fun to come. Just remember people, shouting in frustration because you were Blue Shelled just before the finish line may attract unwanted attention at work/school/another public setting. 

Super Mario Run did won along with Fire Emblem Heroes and Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp in the Google Play Best of 2017 Game Awards outside of Japan. I'm pretty sure Super Mario Run did sold well.

Edited by King Marth 64

7 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

A Super Mario movie you say?  But we already have the masterpiece Bob Hoskins blessed us with.

p14798_p_v8_aa.jpg

And in the one above, Peach has a fucking brain, and Luigi has a fucking spine unlike the retarded jokes they usually are.

26 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I did saw Disciple Me, I didn't get a chance to see 2, 3, and the Minions movie as well yet.

1 is alright, 2 is a bit worse, I haven't been able to convince myself to see Minions because the Minions getting pushed more and more before then made me very concerned and I hadn't gotten round to 3.

As much as I like Despicable Me 1 and 2, I'm not particularly fond of the huge push of the minions. 

This makes me feel like the over abundance of Toads will be played up in this film too just like the recent Mario games of the past 10 years.

Mario Kart Tour is an interesting title. Mario Kart never played with any open world aspects like some other kart racers and I'd doubt they try something so ambitious for a mobile title. So I'm curious what the Tour might be referring to. Could it be an AR game like Pokemon Go where you play the game while being driven in a car? They're saying the game requires a constant connection. However, there's nothing that can stop players from playing the game as they drive themselves around, so that sounds like a PR disaster waiting to happen. It would also dwindle the intended audience to (mostly) children as adults are not driven around all too much by other people except in the case of public transport or carpooling.

It could be some companion app for a Switch Mario Kart game, but If it's coming out within a year, I doubt we'd get a Mario Kart 9 within that time when 8 Deluxe already exists. And if it's a companion app to Deluxe, where was this earlier? If it really is a straight Mario Kart game, they'll probably focus on some new way to play in order to avoid comparisons to the main series. Like if the game was played from a top down view rather than from behind the Kart in a 3D environment.

On 1/31/2018 at 8:41 PM, Armagon said:
Yep, a Mario Kart mobile game is in development.

On 1/31/2018 at 9:39 PM, Captain Karnage said:

I'm hyped, I'll pay whatever to get a mobile MK

On 1/31/2018 at 10:10 PM, Baron the Shining Blade said:

A mobile Mario Kart app, huh? Sounds good.

I don't get why a "moblie" Mario Kart is news. Nintendo's already made several...

Spoiler

270px-MKSC.jpg
270px-Mario_Kart_DS_Box_(North_America).
250px-Mario-Kart-7-Box-Art.jpg
250px-MK8_Deluxe_-_Box_NA.png

Given how limited phones are, I can't imagine how a phone-based MK wouldn't be worse than MK8D in every possible way.

2 minutes ago, Zera said:

I don't get why a "moblie" Mario Kart is news. Nintendo's already made several...

Reveal hidden contents

270px-MKSC.jpg
270px-Mario_Kart_DS_Box_(North_America).
250px-Mario-Kart-7-Box-Art.jpg
250px-MK8_Deluxe_-_Box_NA.png

Given how limited phones are, I can't imagine how a phone-based MK wouldn't be worse than MK8D in every possible way.

I don't know, maybe because a good phone can cost less than a Switch, have much greater storage space, and do a lot more than just play a game that is somewhere between the previous 2 original installments in terms of quality? It also has the potential to reach people who don't have the disposable income to spend on video games. Inferior? Maybe, but if I got a free car of mediocre quality, I still wouldn't complain because it beats having to drop 20 grand on a new car plus interest.

On 2/1/2018 at 10:15 AM, henrymidfields said:

And in the one above, Peach has a fucking brain, and Luigi has a fucking spine unlike the retarded jokes they usually are.

Explain this.

As in, unless I see a good reason why you had to post this, it's coming with a heavy warning.

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

Explain this.

As in, unless I see a good reason why you had to post this, it's coming with a heavy warning.

Fine, whatever, Josephine Stalin. As if people have hangups with the first amendment.