Serenes Forest 5★ Lv.40+10 Compendium Thread

Raven

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been forever since I had this project going on, but after throwing a few orbs at no particular banner I finally finished my Norne! She's been stuck at +7 for almost a whole year, but luckily the last 3 copies came pretty quickly. 

As for some builds I had going for her with small explanations:

Spoiler

QSDXSC9.jpg

First is the budget build which focuses mostly on her base kit. It's a little outdated nowadays, but it does work for SP grinding on the ranged maps.

H1sq1Ho.jpg

Second build is something memey, yet effective. It's mostly geared towards AR-D where Norne has Infantry Pulse support for an instant Ignis nuke while also crippling the rest of the opponent's team with all the debuffs she inflicts. Incredibly weak to Pulse Smoke. 

NMdqBe6.jpg

Third we have a Player Phase build, the goal is to spam Deadeye as often as Norne can. With DB3 and the Lull, Norne's Atk is at an effective 59 before buffs, which isn't all that much but is more than serviceable. Atk Smoke is to enable Heavy Blade 4 to proc easier after Norne gets danced. This build is mostly for PvE content as it has issues with Guard and Follow up denial which is pretty common in PvP

szSIPQg.jpg

The arena build. Arena is full of units with guaranteed follow-ups and thanks to Ninja Hana dmg reduction on defense teams is getting more common too. This build focuses on countering that by stacking both bulk and Spd to get rid of almost everything during the Enemy Phase while still being threatening enough during the Player Phase.

TTpcGVV.jpg

Defensive variant of the arena build. This one is geared towards AR-O, where constant healing is a pretty good boon. The focus this time is on bulk rather than speed as Norne needs to hold her ground to fill the job of omni tank. This build's main weakness is a lack of killing power, which can be extremely detrimental on AR, hence I don't use it very much. 

Tagging @daisy jane as I remember I once said I'd show you my Norne after she was maxed out. 

On 1/27/2021 at 4:24 AM, Alexmender said:

It's been forever since I had this project going on, but after throwing a few orbs at no particular banner I finally finished my Norne! She's been stuck at +7 for almost a whole year, but luckily the last 3 copies came pretty quickly. 

As for some builds I had going for her with small explanations:

Hide contents

QSDXSC9.jpg

First is the budget build which focuses mostly on her base kit. It's a little outdated nowadays, but it does work for SP grinding on the ranged maps.

H1sq1Ho.jpg

Second build is something memey, yet effective. It's mostly geared towards AR-D where Norne has Infantry Pulse support for an instant Ignis nuke while also crippling the rest of the opponent's team with all the debuffs she inflicts. Incredibly weak to Pulse Smoke. 

NMdqBe6.jpg

Third we have a Player Phase build, the goal is to spam Deadeye as often as Norne can. With DB3 and the Lull, Norne's Atk is at an effective 59 before buffs, which isn't all that much but is more than serviceable. Atk Smoke is to enable Heavy Blade 4 to proc easier after Norne gets danced. This build is mostly for PvE content as it has issues with Guard and Follow up denial which is pretty common in PvP

szSIPQg.jpg

The arena build. Arena is full of units with guaranteed follow-ups and thanks to Ninja Hana dmg reduction on defense teams is getting more common too. This build focuses on countering that by stacking both bulk and Spd to get rid of almost everything during the Enemy Phase while still being threatening enough during the Player Phase.

TTpcGVV.jpg

Defensive variant of the arena build. This one is geared towards AR-O, where constant healing is a pretty good boon. The focus this time is on bulk rather than speed as Norne needs to hold her ground to fill the job of omni tank. This build's main weakness is a lack of killing power, which can be extremely detrimental on AR, hence I don't use it very much. 

Tagging @daisy jane as I remember I once said I'd show you my Norne after she was maxed out. 

ohoooo she's so pretty! well done!!!

My 29th 5*+10 and 3rd 5* exclusive +10 is L!Alm. I have been working on him for quite a long time now and finally got my last copy today, so my earth arena core is complete. Next up is L!Lilina for my fire core and I will be done hunting legendaries until the powercreep becomes too much again.

Well.

I hesitated +10ing Cormag for a really long time in hopes of procuring the last copy from an event. An event never came along its way.

Then I heard the news... )-: I felt like I just wanted to finish him once and for all. And he's amazing. He was able to solo 6/8 of the Abyssal LHB maps with support. I debated about giving him Distant Counter, but I felt a lot better with Atk/Def Solo 4. Getting more defense to get more defense is really silly. I would have preferred Atk/Spd Rein but Claude came around after I yeeted Jill. Anyways, I think it's my first time posting here.

EtA_FQsU0AQMfgP?format=jpg&name=large

I really want to build Rhys next if I get Plumeria tomorrow... I'll see.

Edited by May

My 30th 5*+10 is Gangrel. He is a key member of my infantry pulse AR defense teams. He really tears through things and can survive quite a bit thanks to his high hp. Wasn't expecting to get a copy from the anniversary, even though I should have, so it looks like I'll have an extra copy later on since he still has his rerun left.

My first 5* +10 of a unit who is a 4* unit from a seasonal banner, one of my favoriter units from Three Houses.

kUH49hml.jpg?1

I might outfit him with a Brave Bow set one day since he clearly has the power to decimate with it (51 Atk without a weapon equipped? Some units wish they had that much Atk with their weapon!), but for the sake of keeping his default bow on him I outfitted him accordingly.
Hm... +Res with a Res refine on his bow would help bring his mixed bulk up... nah, +Atk is just too good to pass up.

On 2/3/2021 at 12:10 PM, Maaka said:

My 30th 5*+10 is Gangrel. He is a key member of my infantry pulse AR defense teams. He really tears through things and can survive quite a bit thanks to his high hp. Wasn't expecting to get a copy from the anniversary, even though I should have, so it looks like I'll have an extra copy later on since he still has his rerun left.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm stealing this build lol!

Took me 1100 orbs to get the seven copies I needed but I managed to do this thanks to the Hero Fest banner.

DiDBIML.png

Probably the only time I am ever going to have a +10 Legendary/Mythic Hero but since I had ton of orbs saved up and I figured I would have a better chance on a Hero Fest banner instead of the normal Mythic banners I decided to go for it especially since Sothis is one of my favorite characters from Three Houses. Wasn't sure what her skills should be so I decided to fodder a FM!Corrin off to her and run double solo skills.

Been a few days with the two Nins, and boy do they... well, one of them certainly doesn't disappoint. Not quite sure what I wanna do with the other Nin...

7PCZ1ORl.jpg?1rBLnIpql.jpg?1
yDyWPjSb.jpg?1

Nina technically could have been +10 for a loooooong time if it weren't for Dancer Nephenee wanting Bow Valor, but Nino was in a bit of a merge stalemate, kinda just getting whatever merges she could get and never necessarily being a target of mine.
Then they both got refines. And then the change to Book 1 and 2 units made it unintentionally easier to finish them, funnily enough since one of the last two merges I needed for Nino was actually a 4* Special summon instead of an on-focus 5* summon.

That 4* Special summon... I really hope that little change makes it easier to +10 some of my units.

2CTbOiD - Imgur.jpg

ERJYMyK - Imgur.jpg

Two more for the merge compedium. Berkut is done. Leif is merged, but I'm going to change his IV to Spd and fully invest his dragonflowers and supports.

The final Leif was the new 4* Special paying dividends already. But I do wonder whether the change will result in me doing more retro 5 star exclusive projects or fewer in the future. Maybe it'll just mean being able to save my orbs for better fodder on all of my projects.

In progress:

Spoiler

Eliwood +5

Altena +1

Sothe +1

Seteth + 1

Hoping For Resplendents:

Spoiler

Klein +9

Catria +9

Laslow +9

Odin +9

Wendy +9

Saizo +6

Seliph +5

Ephraim +5

Micaiah +0

Raven +0

Grails (Mostly hoping for additional free copies):

Spoiler

Naesala +9

Astram +9

Ashnard +8

Arvis +8

Jorge +8

Petrine +3

Maybes:

Spoiler

Alm +4

Marth +4

Eirika +4

Niles +1

Roderick +1

Tailtiu +1

Nino +0

Completed:

Spoiler

Chrom

Lon'qu

Ares

ATiki

Lukas

Reinhardt

Hawkeye

Reyson

Soren

Virion

Robin

Roy

Caeda

Michalis

Black Knight

Aversa

Berkut

Julia

Brave Ike

Brave Lucina

Sigurd

Hector

Leif

Since last post:

Spoiler

Wendy went from +0 to +9 (yes, really)

Seliph went from +1 to +5 (which still wasn't enough to get me a crown)

Ephraim went from +4 to +5

Jorge went from +7 to +8

Petrine went from +2 to +3

Leif went from +9 to +10

Berkut went from +9 to +10.

Spurn tank Raven has been added to the list.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Obligatory Brunnya I guess. I have a lot of Heroic Grails and they have not been used since that one time to complete one of the second Heroes' Paths objectives; I summoned an Aversa for that. She is my sixth +10 unit and the first +10 Grail unit.

9m23Y6U.png

I figured Marisa might have been the first +10 Grail unit, but it's been waiting and waiting for her to be part of a weapon update and to see what her newly given sword -- probably Shamshir -- would do. Otherwise, Aversa, Brunnya, or Kronya were at the top of the list for Aether Raids to make it easier or Linus since he was the highest merged Grail unit before I decided to +10 Brunnya on impulse today. Since Plumeria's introduction where thankfully she did show up on her debut banner, Reginn's introduction, and the changes to new mythics that came with Reginn allowing for an additional unit on a team, Astra/Anima season has been less frustrating when it was just Altina and Naga for scoring and hoping that Brunnya and Kronya can do things along with whoever the fifth unit was. CYL Claude's introduction and giving him an Astra Blessing helped as well for a sustain, speed tank and a ranged flier.

Why Brunnya over Kronya, especially since I don't have a +10 colorless project? I don't really know and as I noted, this was a +10 on impulse. If I have to come up with things, then Fimbulvetr's penalty neutralization is useful and I like Julia McIlvaine's voice if Echidna was not any indication of that.

I can change her Traits, specifically to have her be +Spd, and give her 10 Dragonflowers, but I'm going to hold off for now. For skill inheritance, I don't have spare sources, either enough or at all, of things like Close Foil, Steady Posture 3, Lull Atk/Spd, Lull Atk/Res, Lull Spd/Res, Null C-Disrupt, or Pulse Smoke. The best I can give her would probably be Close Counter, but I only have a spare Takumi who is not the neutral one that I don't recall being used much at all. I think giving Close Counter to Kronya, Nino, or Tharja for a Close Counter, Vantage unit might be a better option over or a higher priority than Brunnya. I'd rather get Close Foil and Lull Atk/Spd 3 from a spare Julian for her since she can use those skills very well while an archer like Norne would be able to get Spendthrift Bow+ and Close Foil from Midori. And CYL Ike has a higher priority for Pulse Smoke over her, but I digress. Probably should at least replace Renewal for Dull Ranged, but that's going to cost 20k feathers and I'm down to 60k as a result of this impulsive +10... Swordbreaker would be fine too against sword units without Null Follow-Up.

Anyway, Brunnya at the moment is going to be a stat ball unit for Astra/Anima which is fine for me since I just want to maintain tier +21.

The next +10 project is going to take a while; going to need to wait or grind HM for feathers. Who is a good question. For 5* exclusives including the special 4* units, Meisterhardt is the closest followed by Elincia and then Duma, Gunnthra, and Linde. If a +10 Duma happens, he would quadruple as the first +10 armor, first +10 colorless, first +10 dragon, and first +10 mythic if any of those categories aren't fulfilled by someone else. For a non-5* exclusive merge project, aside from the four I mentioned, Aversa, Kronya, Linus, and Marisa, I don't really know. At this point, I should +10 Reinhardt. It feels like such an obligatory thing, but I have yet to do so.

TL;DR: Probably should +10 Reinhardt as my seventh +10 unit.

Spoiler

Of the six +10 units I have:

1. Soren, green infantry mage: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/80987-serenes-forest-5★-lv4010-compendium-thread/&do=findComment&comment=5306617.
    Jack-of-all trades who was done so a friend could use a +10 Soren for Rival Domains and such. Decent support unit if I could get a Chill for his B passive. Has actually caught some people off guard as a Dark defense team member.
  2. Eliwood, sword cavalry: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/80987-serenes-forest-5★-lv4010-compendium-thread/&do=findComment&comment=5313340.
    Good resistance and good speed and defense through the ridiculousness that is unique refined Blazing Durandal allowing him to be a great Galeforce unit and giving him a deceptive mixed defenses on initiation. My first lord of Fire Emblem along with Hector and Lyn as The Blazing Blade was my first Fire Emblem game.
  3. Odin, blue infantry mage: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/80987-serenes-forest-5★-lv4010-compendium-thread/page/20/&tab=comments#comment-5326185.
    Very low attack, decent speed, and decent mixed defenses back in the day. One of the weirdest units in the game stat-wise. This man was only built because he could take hits from the Black Knight way back during the Tempest Trials. And then he was merged because reasons that did involve his Grimoire.
  4. Clair, lance flier: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/80987-serenes-forest-5★-lv4010-compendium-thread/page/22/&tab=comments#comment-5355493.
    One of the old guard of very low base attack units where Clair makes it up for having good speed and resistance and unique refined Rhomphaia granting her effective damage against armor and cavalry and Flashing Blade to help charge specials. Clair and Eliwood tie as the most useful +10 units I have and in general as well. Giving her Galeforce really made her shine. She is struggling a bit nowadays since unique refined Rhomphaia is not as crazy as unique refined Blazing Durandal, but she still pulls her weight in spite of having the same skills she had since I +10'd her in 2018. Helps that she has summoner support. The one unit who would make me want to break F2P to get her resplendent.
  5. Echidna, axe infantry: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/80987-serenes-forest-5★-lv4010-compendium-thread/page/68/&tab=comments#comment-5657404.
    Well-rounded stats allowing her to be a very flexible unit. Offensively and defensively, there are better options like kunoichi Hana is significantly faster with less HP and defense in return, but I really like Echidna where she somehow drew my attention despite never having played The Binding Blade or knowing much about her in that game other than she looks like a badass. Out of pure favoritism that I decided she would be a merge project upon her introduction. Even more so than Eliwood I would say.
  6. Brunnya, blue infantry mage: this post.
    Mainly geared towards having high attack and resistance with decent speed to at least avoid doubles and low defense. Penalty neutralization that comes with in-combat boosts can make her deceptively fast and have good defense.

An armor, colorless, beast, or dragon would be good to round things out more. Not so keen on armors, though, and I don't really have much interest in the 3* to 4* summonable or grail armors. Similarly, dragons. Beasts at least have Naesala and Panne, especially Naesala given his ability to have 3 movement when transformed. That said, a high defense melee flier of any color would fill in a more different role that is not accounted for and Naesala's main distinctions to Clair from a Galeforce perspective is 3 movement and being able to deal damage at the cost of not having Flashing Blade which would work out better for him than Heavy Blade as his seal. Colorless would be a great option even if I'm that keen on merging healers. For archers, I would have merged Norne if she would show up more frequently. Daggers aside from Kronya not so sure. I guess Saizo for a 3* to 4* summonable since he's on my Anima defense team.

A ranged cavalry or flier would be a good idea. Two easy candidates for those unit types: Reinhardt and Aversa. I like L'Arachel, but from what happened to mage knight Eirika, I'm not that hopeful at all about what will happen to Ivaldi.

Edited by Kaden

I think it's been a while since I've posted in this topic, but I can assure you that my usual laziness is entirely to blame for that.

With that said, I've just now finished a project. Spoilers, it's not Forrest, he's still stuck in +8 purgatory not a very original unit choice:

Spoiler

KGDT1Op.png

And thus from this day forward, my +10 Sakura will never be harmed again....because her BFF here will beat the ever loving shit out of anyone who tries.

Now, work can truly begin on my first Three Houses +10 (winter Felix). But, he won't be the next project to reach completion as Tana is due for her final merge on the 25th.

So, I guess I'll be back with my first 5* exclusive +10 in nine days.

• 2 weeks later...

A few weeks back I lived the nightmare of wanting to get the last copy of Dimitri I needed and wound up getting freaking 12 of Julia and one of Seiros. I was a bit desperate since it looked like Dimitri would be gone until July. They really need to avoid having recent units be gone for half a year after just one rerun.

ZMTHqt0.png

XzIfcoX.png

Huh... I forgot I +10ed Sanaki during her weekly revival. Oops.

To be fair... it's really not like she's doing much of anything. I pretty much just gave her something in case I needed to nuke a Green Tome and wanted Drive Atk stacked twice.

QU7I80Ql.jpg?1

Edited by Xenomata

Final batch for me. Tethys has been +10 for months but I never got around to posting here I think.

VAAQFpV.png

nuwVHFr.png

9wFIscA.png

I probably should have done this way earlier since I lost my only Blade horse in Cecilia - powercreep meant it was too hard for her to double things even with a Spd boon and Darting Blow so I relented and switched to her Prf instead (but I'm too attached to my original copy to merge her into a +Atk version). I actually do have some premium fodder available too, but no point doing it now.

So then, my final +10 tally is a neat 20 units. I actually have 360k feathers still in the bank but I really have no reason to use them so I won't bother. If I was going to play on one would certainly be Plegian Kris. Who knows, I might come back in a year or three and find a use for the feathers, so I'll just leave it there.

86bG3Mg.png

I finally did it. I made a 5*+10 unit. And while I had plenty of good options available to me at the moment: Laslow, Seth, Adult Tiki, Oboro, Roderick, Oscar, Florina, Raven, Titania, and Python. I almost gave it to Tiki, but in the end, I knew there was only one unit who could be my first +10. In other news, I am now on a quest for the world's best Stahl build alongside those of Brave Lucina and Scattered Fangs Nino.

image.thumb.png.6b216201541d22077072f2713ec962ce.png

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster