Your Personal Tempest Trial Play Style

jameslove001

All manual Lunatic 7 because I'm crazy. I usually try to put together teams of units with non-capped HM, but I don't really mind if there's a capped unit or two in the mix. In the most recent TTs, I've rushed the seal rewards within a day or so and then cruised to the finish line afterward.

I tried out L5 auto-battle a little yesterday; I didn't really like it. I won't deny that Lunatic 7 all the time can get tedious, though.

i do spicy lvl 35 for the first two of the day with my big boys because i'm just not spicy enough for the top level

then either level up some friends who need leveling or just autobattle 30 and greedily consume orbs

I always do lunatic 7, and I don't trust autobattle to not be stupid.

I don't have a fixed playstyle. Sometimes I nuke stuff on player phase with Ephraim and bladetomes, while other times I drop a DC unit in enemy range and press end turn. It mostly depends on the bonus unit selection.

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I don't know if I will ever reach top 5k again, because I can't compete with the growing number of people who burn all their pots on auto-mode without actually playing the game. 

That's so lame.

I've discovered the wonders of Auto-Battle recently, but then I've found that the SP doesn't increase, which sucks because Marthipan needs SP for some stuff. But no, it gets me through TT, which is normally a drag because it's so boring, and I think I might actually reach 50,000 for once.

I do two manual Lunatic 6 runs with my main team with 1 TT bonus unit, then have another team with a bonus unit (usually horse emblem, though I have enough bonus heroes for this TT to just make a bonus hero lineup) and just autobattle Hard 5. I have so many stamina potions that it doesn't matter how inefficient it is, I'll get it done quickly.

The two bonus runs I use a team I know I can win with. Usually this team includes my +6 Amelia with DC and another armor with all range counter(Tharja these days). Add in a bonus unit and a unit capable of HP recovery for everyone and there you go. Aether greatly increases Amelia's and Tharja's ability to selfsustain but they still like some healing backup from time to time. For this one my main is Amelia/W!Tharja/Fjorm/Bridal Lyn.

Then a I do a mix of auto and manual Lunatic 5 and 7. Basically I want SP and HM for many units. I don't usually use it to level units unless they are already 30+. The two lunatics can be harsh on undeveloped units, yet alone ones that aren't fully leveled yet.

I tend to use a staff in my parties. Which gets annoying since for each auto battle I have to unequip and then reequip their staves when I want to control. Really which we had some AI toggles to tell the AI what we want it to prioritize. That said forgetting to unequip Candlelight and watching Bridal Lyn destroy everything on the maps was kinda fun. Seriously Lyn I put you there to heal the little one's boo-boos not nuke anything that even dared to look in their direction. Besides you got so busy nuking everything the little ones died anyways!

But yeah a lot of auto-battling occurs. I dislike grinding and doing it dozens of times in a row would just make my eyes glaze over.

Edited by Usana

Generally use my newest 5* units and those in need of SPs, along with the units that receive boosts. I play nearly only on days with double SP and I don't use those that have maxed Hero Merit.

I beat the hardest map normally and then just chain the lv35 map on autobattle until I hit enough to points to collect all the prizes. Then I stop. 

I build my team around the bonus units. The more I have, the better. Excess slots are filled in with the missing roles. My enjoyment of the Tempest Trials directly correlates with whether or not I have bonus units, especially a 40% one.

As for the playstyle, if I am tryharding I'll do Lunatic 7 manually (which I no longer really do these days), or play Lunatic 5 casually on manual mode. If I'm in a rush or don't feel like playing, I'll just autobattle Hard 5.

Comes down to the bonus units available - I tend to change up my playstyle somewhat during different TT events.

Like on the New Year TT mini, my main team was NY Azura and 3 player phase flying glass cannons (Corrin, Elincia, Cherche). Didn't use a healer or a pseudo-healer for that team!

Christmas TT had me pretty much run Armor Emblem + healer since I do have Winter Tharja along with Amelia and Effie.

The Less than Heroic TT featuring the CYL units was the first one in which I actually used pseudo-healers since in previous TTs, I used staff units.

For the current TT mini, PA Azura and Fjorm are the obvious units for me to use since I actually have them. Fjorm does a pretty good job of tanking stuff especially since I often try to make sure that somebody is next to her for her Atk/Def Bond skill and have Azura nearby for her Drive Res skill. I swapped between healers due to them maxing out HM (maxed out Clarine and Priscilla) on top of Azura singing for her if possible because of her Urdr's effect. Initially used Brave Lyn (initially budget build; but after finishing the Firesweep build, I now understand why people hate it so much after using the build myself) before later switching for Marisa so that I'd have a red bonus unit on the team.

I 90% always have a dancer, better for the speed score.

First 2 bonus runs, I do with bonus unit, dancer, and usually 2 cavalry. (This time was Reinhardt and Brave Lyn because mini-TT means you have less time to rank well/get points)

Then 3rd run on I Lunatic 5 autobattle with any bonus units (for their bonus stats and to give them HM) + healer + dancer. If I need to train them, like the TT rewards, I manually do it until they're ready to take Lunatic 5. If I have the relevant Valour skill, then I take them too, although this was the first time I'd replace the Healer with the Valour unit (who I gave Renewal and Reciprocal Aid for healing support)

I always auto-battle Lunatic 5 now.  I don't even bother to do the bonus rounds myself anymore.  I don't enjoy repeating the same maps over and over again, but I do enjoy the rewards and ranking feathers.  I always make sure to get into the top 5k for the 8000 feathers. :):

I use my Arena team with a Bonus unit. I sometimes swap Reinhardt or BH!Lyn out with BB!Lyn or Lucina if I need healing.

I play manual on Lunatic 7 Battles.

I generally stop at around 50,000 points.

I may do Auto Battle on Lunatic 7 Battles if I get around to building several healers with this skill set up (YouTube).