CYL 2 Unit Type/ Skills Prediction Thread

DefyingFates

We don't have a specific thread for this yet and since we got the first Brave Heroes' unit types almost spot on (the only thing we missed was Lyn and Roy being on horseback, which is a FEH-original addition), I thought it would be interesting to speculate what our new Overlords will end up being.

Discuss away!

Sword Celica or Sword Hector or Lance Celica

Spoiler

(If she gets inspired by her brother) 

Axe Ephraim? Green Veronica? 
Stave Veronica or Dagger Hector (Ostia Spy Network) 

I'm thinking a Sword-based, Armor Knight Hector, but what about his weapon? Plus the skills will have 3 older skills and one newer skill because I noticed this pattern.

Sword Celica is great, but I doubt that CYL had no double color-type Heroes (Ike has Urvan {Green}, Lyn has Murgleis {Colorless}, Roy has Blazing Durandal{Red} and Lucina had Geirskogul{Blue}) I'm thinking a staff-based one.

Ephraim and Veronica will still have their colors (Veronica has Green, Ephraim has Lance), and Ephraim would promote to his Great Lord self, I think. Veronica will just be a playable, antagonistic character for the most part.

Edited by Will O'Donnell

I'm going to be boring, 
Beloved Zofia Celica (Sword)
Wolf Beil Hector (infantry) (Axe) 
Reigncliefe Eriphram (cavalry) (Lance)
and give Veronica some bow or staff or dagger 

Alternatively Hector gets the Uberspear
Eriphram gets a Garm 

Wolf Beil is terribly underwhelming both narratively and practically. Horse mages would cripple him even if it cancelled buffs because poor resistance. It's hard to believe Hector would became speedster in this alliteration either so he will get doubled a lot...

yeah WB infantry Hector would be worse then vanilla Hector.

Edited by Tenzen12

Here's a fun Veronica build I did

"Xander" (Veronica)- Brave Enigma (Red Mage, Cavalry)
HP/38
Atk/34
Spd/20
Def/36
Res/16
Weapon: Hvergelmi (14 Might)- Grants Atk+3. Adds total bonuses on unit to Res during combat. (Skill cannot be inherited.)
Special: Iceberg
A: Close Counter
B: Quick Riposte 3

Edited by silveraura25

For Hector I could see something like

Brave General [Hector]

Armored

Weapon: Maltet (to reference Florina but that's unlikely) or Rex Hasta (To reference Darin as his enemy which is a little bit more likely)

A: Distant Counter 

B: Ostia's Blessing ( Not sure what they would make it like)

C: Armor March? or Def smoke

Celica: Beloved Zofia with Ragnarok Omega as a unique Special OR Ragnarok Omega as a red Tome that regular Celica can get via refinement (OR perhaps Seraphim as a Blue Tome unit. It wouldn't make as much sense, but may be a necessary evil for color balance here). I'm mindful that we could get random class changes so maybe she could be cavalry instead of infantry, but I'm sure she'll feel the warmth of Mila's Blessing as a B Skill (which is either defensive like Crusader's Ward or nullifies opponents like Beorc's Blessing).

Hector: Sword Armors are pretty common now and the ones we already have are quite strong, so he may be a Lance unit instead. He'll have Ostia's Blessing to mirror Lyn and it'll be offensive (leaving the door open for Eliwood to get Pherae's Blessing if he ever wins).

Ephraim: Cavalry Unit with a Lance OR Sacred Sieglinde which Eirika also gets via refinery (i.e. he's the Brave Roy of the set). He can canonically use a bow so he could be our second bow cavalier for color balance.

Veronica: is in a weird spot because she needs to be strong without completely rendering her base form obsolete you maniacs ruined us with your impatience!, so maybe she'll be a legendary Staff unit instead (I imagine that would also kill a little of Loki's support next year). Either that or she has a buffed Elivagar that OG!Veronica can get via refinery. I'm also going to be contrary and predict she WON'T be on Xander's horse :P

Marth: Assuming he shows up with everyone else because he'll be a TT reward, I think he'll come with a lance or yet another upgrade for Falchion. I haven't played either of his games so I can't be very specific for this one.

These are my hopes and not necessarily my predictions.

Hector - Bow Infantry
Ephraim - Axe Infantry

Celica - Sword cavalry
Veronica - B Tome cavalry?

Really hoping veronica is blue because if she isn't then Ephraim will be and I don't want him to be blue again.

@DefyingFatesI don't think its cannon that Ephraim can use a bow is it?  Or is it just in dialogue he mentions it somewhere?  Technically I think he can use all the weapon types since he taught Eirika how to fight probably using training swords and Dussel taught him to fight and he used axes.

Edited by Lushen

Interesting Observations about the last CYL

- #1 slots got a BST boost, #2 slots did not get any BST boost
- #1 slots got a unique B slot, #2 did not
- Both #1 and #2 got the same quality weapons.  Both had two effects (Lyn technically has 3 because she had a bow).  Urvan was the only weapon that didn't have a stat+3 effect but it had something else in its place which is why it was the best

Considering BIke's B slot isn't very special, the biggest benefit first place winners have over second place is their BST boost.  I still think that's BS but I guess that's how its going to be.  My guess this time is that both first and second place winners will get BST boosts but first place winners will get a larger BST boost.

I don't think it'll be each color because last one made sense since they were secondary weapons to the previous winners (excluding Roy since be had no secondary so they gave him a horse and Durandal like his father as a homage)  Mulagir to Lyn because she can't wield S-Rank bows normally so they gave her a mount which also ties to her Sacae heritage.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Well, this is a peculiar topic: My almost 100% certainly are:

-Ephraim axe cavalier, with Garn. He's been trained by Duessel, so he may pass Garn to Ephraim. Doesn't make sense gameplay-wise, as he doesn't wield axes in his game, but lore-wise does. Plus we got Eirika using Gleipnir in the game, so your argument is invalid XD

-Celica sword infantry, with Veloved Zofia. I don't think this is a brainer

-Hector is peculiar, as I don't know much of lore about him using non axes. At least Eirika can be explained both lore-wise, and as a glitch homenage. Ephraim helps lore-wise as well

-Veronica is more uncertain because of her being an OC. Not because of lore and anything, quite the opposite, her status as OC gives her far more liberty of whatever role the devs feel like giving her, so guessing is harder. I think she should be a magic unit, or manakete, to have someone ditching magic damage

@Lushen, I think Ephraim has an archery competition off-screen at one point? It's mentioned in a support conversation (between their sisters I THINK). But you're correct that he canonically should be able to wield swords and possibly axes, since he taught Eirika. (Then again she uses a Rapier, which uses stabbing motions just like a lance~)

Edit: Forgot to mention, I think it's likely that all four units will have boosted BST this time, though I hope the first place winners aren't boosted even more than the others since that would open the door for even more units getting double boosts!

Edited by DefyingFates

My idea was siblings, which somewhat works since all of the winners have a sibling.

•Hector: An Axe user, who could come with an alternate version of Armads, which regular Hector can get via weapon refinery

•Ephraim: A sword user. Have no idea what his weapon could be though. They have a good amount of SS swords to choose from.

•Celica: A Lancer. As for her Lance, maybe the could use the Rhompia, a refinement for the horseslayer in Echoes. Maybe they could make it a DC weapon with a reference for the long arch skill it learns. They could even add an anti horse effect

•Veronica: This is a bit interesting. Maybe they could make her the Lucina, with her having a never before seen staff/dagger/bow as her weapon, with the thing being that her brother used to use it.

I don't think they will follow a "theme" like they did last time, but I think they will have one from each color. If they do follow a theme, I think it will be mentors/guardians. I also don't think just because a character had a Prf. weapon in their original game that they didn't get yet means they'll get it now (i.e. Beloved Zofia). Lucina didn't get Noble rapier, and if I remember correctly 3 of the 4 weapons from the last CYL weren't even in the characters' original games.

Hector: Lance armor (Uther). No ideas on skills but Lycian/Ostian blessing will be one.

Celica: Staff infantry (Nomah). Saggitae - 14 Mt, Atk+3, grants damage +5 while special is fully charged. Martyr+. Earth/water balm. Brazen def/res. Twin God blessing - dazzling/wrathful staff combined.

Ephraim: Axe cavalier (Dussel). Garm - Spd+3, built in Granni shield. Quick Riposte. Hone Atk/Spd.

Veronica: Sword Cav (Xander). Enhanced Siegfried - normal Siegfried with Def+3. Earth/fire boost. The effect of great flame; some seem to think it will be called earth sweep.

I picked the skills just because they seemed neat to me, but the movement types and weapon types are logical for the theme I stated above while covering all colors.

It kind of depends on if they want all four to be different colors. The first did, but it kind of just worked out perfectly with those four, so I don't think we can call it a hard rule. I'm going to guess they won't bother with that.

Celica - Sword infantry or cavalry (in reference to Conrad) with Beloved Zofia is what I'd like to see since it's her personal weapon. They could also go with a unique staff build.

Veronica - I have no damn clue lol. Likely a tome regardless, but if they ever plan to give us the regular Veronica the Brave version probably shouldn't be green. Though if she's a staff user (or red tome with Celica staff) it would go with my other ideas to have all four colors in. First staff flier, perhaps?

Hector - Sword is his alternate weapon, yet I'm not sure they'd actually go with that. Sword doesn't really feel like it "fits" Hector to me, I guess, and there's no obvious existing sword for him to use (though considering Geirskogul, that's not necessary). I could see him with another version of Armads like Roy's Blazing Durandal. And he'll likely still be armored. If not, infantry. This guy isn't getting on an animal.

Ephraim - Lance cavalry for sure. Reginleif? It would be pretty funny to have infantry Ephraim with Siegmund and cavalry Ephraim with Reginleif.

42 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I don't think it'll be each color because last one made sense since they were secondary weapons to the previous winners (excluding Roy since be had no secondary so they gave him a horse and Durandal like his father as a homage)  Mulagir to Lyn because she can't wield S-Rank bows normally so they gave her a mount which also ties to her Sacae heritage.

What do you mean by "normally"? In all my playthrough she was my Reinfleche user as Manni Katti suck (and you don't need rank on it anyway).

I'm expecting Veronica to be a staff user.

To be obnoxious as all fuck, they could make it have HP Ploy (the Ploy version of Sinmara's Threaten HP).

4 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Wolf Beil is terribly underwhelming both narratively and practically. Horse mages would cripple him even if it cancelled buffs because poor resistance. It's hard to believe Hector would became speedster in this alliteration either so he will get doubled a lot...

yeah WB infantry Hector would be worse then vanilla Hector.

It would have the same effect as Thany and reduce the damage from the first hit if the opponent has a ranged weapon and is armored or cavalry

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm expecting Veronica to be a staff user.

To be obnoxious as all fuck, they could make it have HP Ploy (the Ploy version of Sinmara's Threaten HP).

I expect her to be either a tome user to staff user. I don't see a 12(ish) year old girl to be swinging a sword or lance around.