Oliver, Admirer of Beauty

Nébulya

Hello everyone! I'm doing the thread for Oliver, one character i like because of his beauty haha!

So, Oliver can be a great unit in many different situations, all depends of what you want him to do, i'll show you my build of him.

First, here is how he looks like at level 40 5* and with his default skills:

Level 40 stats:
HP: 42
Atk: 32
Spd: 20
Def: 23
Res: 34
Total: 151

Default skills:
Weapon: Shine +
Assist: —
Special: Blazing Light
Passive A: Mirror Strike 2
Passive B: — 
Passive C: Atk Ploy 3

The only skills he could keep would be the Passive C, to debuff enemies when they'll attack him.

Great Blarowlaether:

Weapon: Blarowl+ (Def)
Assist: Swap
Special: Aether
Passive A: Close Counter
Passive B: Quick Riposte 
Passive C: Atk Ploy 3

Sacred Seal: Close Defense 3

This build makes Oliver strong against every units. His beauty must be protected from these infidels aswell as protecting peoples like him, so this build is going to unleash what's inside him.

Blarowl+  helps him better than any other weapons, gaining a lot in all stats when allies are besides him. And as he can be supported by them (Drive Res from Lyon and Drive Def sacred seal are really good) don't forget to put some great buff skills to his allies (sacred seals included for them, obviously)

Swap is one of the most interesting support skill, as it's really useful with Blarowl positionnment and same for his allies (one, at least!)

Oliver is a really slow unit, so I gave Aether to him to help him recover from battles and to do some great damages against a lot of units, the cooldown isn't a problem as he's going to be doubled by almost every units.

Don't forget to merge him to +2 to gain some needed stats.

I chose Close Counter as his passive A to ripost against some units who can't kill him, and have a better use of Quick Riposte. But you can replace this skill if you don't have it with Close Defense, Atk/Def - Res Bond or Earth Boost (EB only if you're going to put him as your summoner support)

Passive B don't need any explanations and Passive C is already a good skills, and makes him more annoying to beat by debuffing enemies's atk.

The sacred seal Close Defense is really good on him as he can't attack physical units, it'll always protect him unlike the distant one. And he gains a lot of the needed Def stats. 

Budget Blarowlaether:

As for a budget build skills, I'll just replace Close Counter with Defiant Atk 3 and Quick Riposte by Brash Assault. As these two skills activates in the same time, he'll have a huge boosts when his hp are low. This is my actual use of him as i don't have Close Counter, and Quick Riposte is less useful without it, so I went with Brash Assault. Aether could be replaced by Luna if you want to evolve it into Aether or Ignis/Glacies if not.

And I'm done, maybe i'll make some changes in the future! If someone needs more explanations, just ask!

Thanks to everyone who readed this!

Edited by Metakirby

6 hours ago, BANRYU said:

This one build is pretty solid; are you planning to flesh it out with other builds like possibly Raven, budget, etc? 

Of course!  I'm going to include more builds when I'll have some spare time! :)