Boons And Banes?

SapphireZ

The class you choose really depends on what boons and banes you want for him. Also in case you didn't know getting skills is easy for most units now thanks to Castle Visits so if you're worried about that you needn't be. You can seize castles online (easily and do it without handicap in their castle) and inherit skills to your character from other people's same character. 

As for character creation:

I personally chose the Speed Boon (Quick) with the Luck Bane (Unlucky or something like that) and Cavalier as his secondary class. I mainly chose this because I wanted my Corrin to be able to double anything while as a Nohr Prince and Paladin, and also because I was making him after Ares (from FE 4). The class works out great for Corrin, and makes him very well rounded, but more dependent on physical attacks.

If you want to play through the story without the help of Castle Visits then really the best class for Corrin will almost always be Nohr Noble or Hoshido Noble because Corrin is for the most part a very well rounded unit. You might want a Magic Boon here (Clever) to take advantage of Dragonstones so that you have that edge. Dragonstones are a real game changer for this lord compared to other lords in other FE games so I would recommend that to you. So really you can choose whatever secondary class you want, and you might want to do it based off of what skills each class has. I recommend Spear Fighter so that you can become a Basara at one point and pick up the skills Rend Heaven and Quixotic (maybe just Rend Heaven actually) both of which are really useful, however keep in mind you won't be able to use the Yato or Dragonstones for a certain period of time if you do this (you would have to grind for a little bit until level 5 for at least Rend Heaven).

Really just choose what style you want, and do it rationally.