What Next?

SapphireZ

What next?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. So, after FE, Fates what FE game should i play? these are my top picks but if you want to suggest more comment on my profile

• Fire Emblem Warriors
    • Fire Emblem Echoes
    • Fire Emblem Awakening

Warriors is a spin-off crossover game, so it's a horse of a different color.

Both Echoes and Awakening should have elements you are familiar with from playing Fates, but they're both pretty different, so it's difficult to say which game to play first. Echoes does have a post game segment that ties into Awakening, although it takes place 2,000 years before Awakening.

If you're looking for a game similar to Fates, I'd suggest Awakening. Pair up is more broken in that game, and the maps aren't as good, but it's still an overall solid game. The characters are less one-note than they are in Fates, and the story is better (though that's not saying much).

As for Echoes, I suggest doing your research on the game before you buy it, as it's very different from other Fire Emblem games. You'll either love the gameplay, hate it, or think it's a nice deviation from the norm. The story and characters are the best of the 3DS games, and so are the animations. That being said, it's not the best Fire Emblem game if you aim to see what older Fire Emblem games played like.

Warriors is a spin-off, so I only suggest you buy the game if you're interested.

Definitely FEA. Warriors actually spoils stuff from FEA since the game is supposed to be played after Awakening and Fates (And Shadow Dragon to an extent but not as much). It is also a spin off and not a JRPG, it's a hack and slash. If you know the Dynasty/Samurai/Whatever title Warriors series, that is what FEW is like.

19 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

If you're looking for a game similar to Fates, I'd suggest Awakening. Pair up is more broken in that game, and the maps aren't as good, but it's still an overall solid game. The characters are less one-note than they are in Fates, and the story is better (though that's not saying much).

As for Echoes, I suggest doing your research on the game before you buy it, as it's very different from other Fire Emblem games. You'll either love the gameplay, hate it, or think it's a nice deviation from the norm. The story and characters are the best of the 3DS games, and so are the animations. That being said, it's not the best Fire Emblem game if you aim to see what older Fire Emblem games played like.

Warriors is a spin-off, so I only suggest you buy the game if you're interested.

i like spin offs, but if so many people think awakening is better, then i might buy that

2 hours ago, DawnedByAnime said:

i like spin offs, but if so many people think awakening is better, then i might buy that

It's not so much that Awakening is better - it's more that Warriors contains spoilers for Awakening.