FE 12 Pick My Units

I'm kind of stuck for ideas as to how to play Fire Emblem 12 again atm, so decided this would be a good idea

You guys get to pick what units I use for the whole game ( Marth and Avatar are being used anyway), and you get to choose my Avatar's class and backstory.

now please be gentle

Unit's picked

Marth

Frey (Hunter)

Gordin (Fighter)

Catria (Falcon Knight)

Warren (Merc)

Nagi

Vyland (end me)

Katarina

Roger

Matthis ( Growth Drop)

Tomas

Linde

and seeing as the max units allowed is 12 we are done! (I know 13 have been picked but I'll rotate a bit when all 13 are available)

Edited by Hugh of Ilia

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dear, dear, so many choices... I'll try to be reasonable.

Use Frost, Tomas and Matthis. Sorry.  As for the MU, let her be a female Archer, and no, I don't hate you.

If you had to pick one of those three who would you pick?

Just now, Hugh of Ilia said:

If you had to pick one of those three who would you pick?

Oof...

Well, while the sheer hilarity of using Forgettable #1 and #2 would be great, I think Matthis's a more sensible choice. He arrives quite early, which gives him a slight chance at growing into something decent. Mercenary's a good early class for him, since it allows him to train his sword rank up a little, and a higher speed growth without sacrificing much in the way of stats. Although, he should hop back on his horse after a few levels (level 10, perhaps, but that's up to you).

Will you be using the DLC items? If so, I highly recommend giving him the growth drop, though, since his growths are rather low for FE12's standards, but not so much that they wouldn't work even with a boost (Arran, Bantu).

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Will you be using the DLC items? If so, I highly recommend giving him the growth drop, though, since his growths are rather low for FE12's standards, but not so much that they wouldn't work even with a boost (Arran, Bantu).

I shall be using all the DLC items so he will get the growth drop, which could make him quite good

1 minute ago, Hugh of Ilia said:

I shall be using all the DLC items so he will get the growth drop, which could make him quite good

Since his growths aren't that good, it'll help him match everyone else. I don't know what anybody else thinks, but with FE12's growths, I feel that giving the growth drop to most units is overkill. Only a few (like Matthis) can actually make good use of it.

7 hours ago, Solvaij said:

So how's the playthrough going??

Gordin sucks, Matthis and Warren are serviceable and I'm so annoyed by the fact that my avatar is really good stat wise but has no enemy phase. I'm playing on Maniac and every chapter is destroying a little bit more of my sanity as I play. Also I'm on Chapter 10 and keeping Merric alive is giving me a headache to the point of me considering letting him die

So in other words it's great