Can you switch from cartridge to download version?

I feel like this might be a commonly asked thing, but I can't find any threads about it when using the search.

I have a physical cartridge of the Fire Emblem: Fates Conquest, with both other routes, and all the DLC purchased on it. If I move all my saves from "normal slots" to "extra data slots" (I assume this means save to the SD card instead of the cartridge), if I sell the physical cartridge of Conquest, and buy the Download version of Conquest, will I still be able to use all my DLC, save files, and other routes I have already purchased?

I have recently discovered the utter convenience of full-digital, and am trying to make the switch, but I can't justify buying the game again if I can't sell the physical cartridge.

You can do a data transfer as well if you download it, I haven't done it in years but it's pretty easy.

I'm not sure if the extra data works that way but I think it does

the one thing I need to say is that it doesn't work with the special edition

Awesome, thanks for the fast replies.

Edit: So, I bought it, and while I can transfer my save files, other routes, and DLC just fine, my Castle Address, and more importantly, my UNIT LOGBOOK do not carry over.

The castle address is whatever, but losing the logbook actually does hurt a decent bit, for ease of access to a lot of units/skills that I had saved up, but couldn't get at those times cause reasons. I was over halfway through getting all the skills on all the conquest characters, with a solid chunk of what remained being in my logbook. Looks like I'm not gonna be able to actually sell my physical cartridge until I grab EVERYTHING saved up on my logbook, and that could take quite a while. It's a lot harder to get rare skills than it was back when the game was just released, after all.

Edited by ToP