Seasonal banner: Love Abounds

SatsumaFSoysoy

Spoiler

So it begins. The domination of Elibe will engulf the net in fire.

Btw. anyone wants to go back in time and switch out Eliwood's artist. Looking at this just reminds you of the cruel treatment, his regular form got. He kinda looks like Prototype Saber with that get-up. Also, Lance.

Hector shares his artist with Camus, I think. Curious, why they kept Armads on him. Hopefully he doesn't keep Armads in his CYL version.

Lilina and Roy have Bunbun's handwork on them.

First Lyn who isn't drawn by Yamada Kotaro, no?

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

The artwork is so pretty, Lyn makes sense with this banners theme but now that she has two seasonals I hope they let some others have a shot, that said I like the look of all of these and who I pull will depend on skills and weapons

Spoiler

Even though I don't care for Seasonals, all these units look really good! So, once I get more orbs I might pull. (I also need an extra Raven to promote...)

I'll want to see stats and skills first, but wow!

Roy - Cav Archer
Lilina - Cav Green Mage
Hector - Infantry? Axe
Eliwood - Infantry? Lance
Lyn - Infantry? Blue Tome

There should be one Armor unit, but no idea who. New skill sheet shows something armored related

Spoiler

Wp8mVrw.png

Edited by Lord_Grima

The aesthetic of their outfits doesn't particularly appeal to me, and it seems that going for either of Lyn or Lilina could end up in being spooked by one of the guys. Probably won't drop too much on this banner, but we'll see.

9 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Classical outfits instead of fanservice outfits?

Who are these people and what have they done with Intelligent Systems?!! :D

Spoiler

Lyn does show cleavage

Spoiler

Unless IS does something weird, we should be getting one of these units for free from a TT. 

Who would you want, or who do you expect?
Hector is my favorite character of these, so I'd want him to be free the most, but I'll guess that Eliwood is free.

1 minute ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I would not mind being spooked by any of them. I have 12 orbs. I am doomed. 

I have around 10. Hopefully the Illusion Dungeon can give us some. There is also a new Squad Assault.

Uh, yay? Yay? Yay?! I'm supposed to be happy about

Spoiler

A male-slanted banner. And an A&F free banner to boot.

But I'm not really feeling it.

Could it be I've come to like bashing things and want them to stay bad so I can continue to bash them? That is not good.

Or maybe this just isn't something that is natural I wouldn't feel that happy about. I don't really know.

Even though I like one of the characters in the banner, I don't find them appealing, nor anything of them at all. Neither the mere notion of them being in it, nor their aesthetics. Perhaps I'm just not really ever going to be suited for Heroes.?

The classy romance appearances unfortunately kills one joke I was planning making. I was going to invoke a certain Titantiac forum member and ask them to make sure everyone in the sultry banner was "clean". But I can't do that now. And it'd be really really really awkward to ask that given

Spoiler

Roy and Lilina

aren't quite appropriate to ask that about! Even though the former has a lover in every country. And the latter enjoys chatting to a couple of individuals from low and immoral backgrounds.

On the bright side, it is good that the fanservice is curtailed. The passions may run wild on Valentine's Day, but the amor for this one will be sans carnality, at least for our eyes, if not for some of our minds. May this restrained eros teach our hearts there is a higher state of love than that of the flesh. And may one day with we learn to cherish a Ascetic Banner. I'm waxing unfunny/poetically here.

3 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:
  Hide contents

Only really interested in Lyn, though Roy’s Bow Valor could prove very useful.

The outfits are kinda dorky to me. 

Spoiler

Roy has Bow Valor? Gimme. Vector first, then Voy. Must have that Bow Valor to build up a few bows.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the bright side, it is good that the fanservice is curtailed. The passions may run wild on Valentine's Day, but the amor for this one will be sans carnality, at least for our eyes, if not for some of our minds. May this restrained eros teach our hearts there is a higher state of love than that of the flesh. And may one day with we learn to cherish a Ascetic Banner. I'm waxing unfunny/poetically here.

*slowly claps*

3 hours ago, Kazuya said:

There is clearly enough marketing material considering what they did with Ayra, like there is over 800 FE characters last I checked so the excuse that marketing is bullshit plus they released unpopular characters before and look how that turned out (#5 in CYL2) 

I mean Ayra was popular because she was OP.  If she wasn't I highly doubt she would have been so popular. 

Edited by Lushen

Spoiler

I know no one cares, but this art look incredible and I take all back about not pulling seasonals. I like this style for Ostian boi, Eli finally got an alt after being more benched in Heroes than in FE7.

As for Lyndis, I like this alt better than the bridal one. I don't think most people mind the sex appeal as long as:
a) Their "style" complements the charcter- Long dress for valentines X Girl trying to be normal by being almost naked in christmas.

b) There is enou- I don't have the numbers, but I would risk the guess that there is enough players interested in alt like Summer Xander, for example

Spoiler

Yep, I definitely have zero interest in this banner. I don't even want to do the free pull because I don't want to risk getting any of these.

I'm an Elibe hater, and on top of that, this isn't even a Valentine's theme. It's a random victorian/medieval/whatever theme. Which in itself isn't really a BAD idea, I just think it's the wrong time to do such a theme. Though at least it ships Hector x Lyn. And that Hector got better art, as did Eliwood. Even if I think Lyn didn't need another version since she already had three.

So yeah, 100% passing on this. Glad I can save my orbs. I don't have many anyway.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:
  Hide contents

Yep, I definitely have zero interest in this banner. I don't even want to do the free pull because I don't want to risk getting any of these.

I'm an Elibe hater, and on top of that, this isn't even a Valentine's theme. It's a random victorian/medieval/whatever theme. Which in itself isn't really a BAD idea, I just think it's the wrong time to do such a theme. Though at least it ships Hector x Lyn. And that Hector got better art, as did Eliwood. Even if I think Lyn didn't need another version since she already had three.

So yeah, 100% passing on this. Glad I can save my orbs. I don't have many anyway.

That sounds like a very irrational hate.

And the outfits are fitting for a love theme given what Fire Emblem is based on. Better than a bunch of girls running around in heart-shaped dresses or anything. They actually went with something tasteful.

Edited by Sentinel07

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:
  Hide contents

Geez so 2 horses and 3 armours...this is going to be fun.  Are those fancy clothes armour that make a million time heavier?

enough with the armors already! geez. haven't they pushed the meta to armors enough??

5 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

That sounds like a very irrational hate.

And the outfits are fitting for a love theme given what Fire Emblem is based on. Better than a bunch of girls running around in heart-shaped dresses or anything. They actually went with something tasteful.

Spoiler

What's wrong with not liking Elibe at all?

Also, how do these outfits relate to love at all? And remember, I didn't say the outfits were bad, I just think they don't fit the Valentine's theme. I actually would've preferred heart-themed dresses like you suggest.