Seasonal banner: Love Abounds

SatsumaFSoysoy

My thoughts...

Well, I'm a bit sad Lyn's there due to the repeat, but I kinda like the theme of all the Elibe Lords so I'm not as disappointed as I might have been. Not pulling for her, though.  I suppose some people will be happy to have a complete Lyn Emblem. Just need a flying green Lyn to have all colours and movement types xD

Roy and Eliwood are very welcome additions - a male bow cavalry and better artwork for poor Eliwood. I definitely want both of them. Again... I thought I'd be annoyed that a seasonal is taking up a TT, but I'm kinda happy to have three male seasonals for once, which makes up a tiny bit for the brides. Still, I hope future TTs have original characters again...

For Hector... Why is he an axe armour? It just feels pointless >.< I mean, he's just Hector 2.0... It's annoying. I decided I wouldn't pull for him, despite his awesome normal art...

...Then I saw his damaged art...

Yeah, I'm going for him. I'm weak xD

As for Lilina... Not really interested in her as a character, but she could be cool as a unit. I won't be unhappy if I get her once when going for Hector... Once...

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

I find the disparity in reactions between the prospect of Camilla getting a fourth version and Lyn actually getting one to be more than a little hypocritical. Not to mention Roy getting his third version (with Hector 's already in the works), which other characters have been much more maligned for. But anything to get a dig in on that shitty Fateswakening and it's kiddy otaku fans, right?

Intsys business model hasn't changed in the slightest for this banner. They still follow the promise of most money, and Roy, Hector and Lyn all promise a maximum amount of cash. It's telling that they went straight for the most popular characters from those games in order to support their venture. Don't get me wrong, Camilla is no favourite of mine, but I don't see how Lyn the fourth is so much better than Camilla the fourth.. 

Anyway, I haven't played any of the Elibe games, so no particular draw for me to pull on this on. I can finally save my orbs...

Yea, well there's always going to be double standard reaction when it comes Tharja & Camilla. I don't think you have to look any further than how people were reacting to the mid-terms results of CYL 2.

Didn't have problem with Lyn or Camilla before & going off past reactions I never will.

My plan is to continue saving orbs, and wait until I see what's in the next Legendary banner at the end of the month.

By then I should have over 100 orbs saved, and will dump them into one banner.

If we go by popularity and both CYL polls, Nino will be the next character to get a seasonal variant. As for this banner, I’m sniping greens. Lyn doesn’t interest me and Eliwood is free, which is great for my remaining orbs. 

So it's First generation couple, second generation (Lilina wish would be) couple and Eliwood as third wheel Tempest trial reward. Priorities are of course Vector and Valeryn. Vector has glorious art and his wife while having worst art of banner (and herself) is still necessary for Lyn Emblem. 

Love paralogue already, Hector storming event with Armads and Lyn quip on it instantly. It's very like them. Though I am but disappointed with their daughter attitude. Does she really think Roy will notice her if she roleplay as Cecilia? It's not like he fell for horse and green tome alone!

Edited by Tenzen12

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

My thoughts...

Well, I'm a bit sad Lyn's there due to the repeat, but I kinda like the theme of all the Elibe Lords so I'm not as disappointed as I might have been. Not pulling for her, though.  I suppose some people will be happy to have a complete Lyn Emblem. Just need a flying green Lyn to have all colours and movement types xD

Roy and Eliwood are very welcome additions - a male bow cavalry and better artwork for poor Eliwood. I definitely want both of them. Again... I thought I'd be annoyed that a seasonal is taking up a TT, but I'm kinda happy to have three male seasonals for once, which makes up a tiny bit for the brides. Still, I hope future TTs have original characters again...

For Hector... Why is he an axe armour? It just feels pointless >.< I mean, he's just Hector 2.0... It's annoying. I decided I wouldn't pull for him, despite his awesome normal art...

...Then I saw his damaged art...

Yeah, I'm going for him. I'm weak xD

As for Lilina... Not really interested in her as a character, but she could be cool as a unit. I won't be unhappy if I get her once when going for Hector... Once...

I think the reason Hector is an Axe Armour is because if his title “Just Here to Fight”, and if you watch the trailer, there a part where Hector asks why the others are wielding goofy weapons in an actual fight. 

I'm going to be saving orbs for a while. I want some of these units, but with my current supply of orbs, its not happening for a while. There are going to be a lot of ways to earn orbs soon(TT, quests).

When I do decided to summon my priorities are Hector=Lyn > Lilina > Roy

Hector - I really like Hector, he is my favorite character-wise of these 5. His stats look amazing, and (if I get a second) DC fodder.
Lyn - The fastest Armor currently! I have Red and Green set on my Armor team, and having a good blue will help. 
Lilina - I do not have Gunnthra, so having a Green Mage cav will be nice(Cecilia is not my favorite).
Roy - I have Brave Lyn, so not needed. And I don't often use bows (except Lyn).

42 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I think the reason Hector is an Axe Armour is because if his title “Just Here to Fight”, and if you watch the trailer, there a part where Hector asks why the others are wielding goofy weapons in an actual fight. 

It doesn't stop me being disappointed when I already have an axe armour Hector and was hoping for another use for him. At first, I thought he was cavalry, which would have been handy. Or, if they insisted on keeping him as an armour, they could have given him a lance, since that's the other weapon he wields. Another axe armour isn't exactly exciting, especially when that's his normal form, too >.<

His art is, though. Darn it xD

I have to admit, I don't watch the story in the trailer. I prefer to read it as I'm playing it :)

I'm hoping regular Armads gets normal refinement options rather than upgrading to Berserk Armads. I'm not really a fan of the "replace this old version of a legendary weapon with the new one" upgrades since it just serves to make the original irrelevant rather than letting it shine in its own right. Especially Excalibur, which could have gotten a refinement for negating flier bonuses.

6 hours ago, Ildanach said:

If they go back to doing Awakening/Fates Seasonals next banner it'll still be a pretty valid complaint. As it is, this banner and Eliwood puts us to 7/37 non Awakening/Fates on Seasonals. Meanwhile Awakening and Fates together make up 1/6th of non-remake games. If the next Seasonal is from either of these games, it'll  put us to 7/41 or 7/42 = 1/6 (if they do like this one with a banner of 4 and a tempest reward). While this banner is a step in the right direction, there are still proportionally way too many Awakening/Fates Seasonals.

Lyn's eyes are a bit bigger than in her other variants' art. Sachiko Wada just draws her with bigger eyes than Kotaro Yamada I guess.

I still stand by Awakening needs a normal banner. I'm not saying give it all the banners, but, come on, it's had none.

6 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Eliwood surgically switched his eyes with Lyn's.

True love right there.

5 hours ago, Nanima said:

I find the disparity in reactions between the prospect of Camilla getting a fourth version and Lyn actually getting one to be more than a little hypocritical. Not to mention Roy getting his third version (with Hector 's already in the works), which other characters have been much more maligned for. But anything to get a dig in on that shitty Fateswakening and it's kiddy otaku fans, right?

Intsys business model hasn't changed in the slightest for this banner. They still follow the promise of most money, and Roy, Hector and Lyn all promise a maximum amount of cash. It's telling that they went straight for the most popular characters from those games in order to support their venture. Don't get me wrong, Camilla is no favourite of mine, but I don't see how Lyn the fourth is so much better than Camilla the fourth.. 

Anyway, I haven't played any of the Elibe games, so no particular draw for me to pull on this on. I can finally save my orbs...

It's okay cause it's Lyn/not 3DS...for some reason.

Yeah, I really don'y like Lyn getting ANOTHER version. I do agree the reaction isn't nearly as bad, even though it's the same issue. And I LOVE Lyn, just ... there's so many other characters.

Also, Hector's artwork is SO drool worthy, but I just realized he's an ARMOR and I literally refuse to use armors because I can't stand one movement (and it's not like I've pulled armor march or anything), AND I realized he's sharing a color, soooooooo not going to pull for him. I just wish he was infantry axe. I always need more physical green units, but ughhhh. Armor. 

But Eliwood is armor also (and I want to support them). I wish he had Armor March as his skill. Ughhh. Dilemma. 

5 hours ago, Nanima said:

Scathing, but not totally untrue.

Personally, I'm not a big Lyn fan. However, one of Lyn's versions was Brave, which is a little different from Seasonal. This said, this should be where IS draws the line on Lyn for now. Any more, and I think, hope, people will scream then. It helps Lyn's cause she doesn't attract the criticism of being blatantly fanservicey, even if she has nice legs and people will independently of whatever IS does ravish her with that infamous Engrish five letter title. She is the cute charming kind Tutorial Bot of the game many fans first bit their teeth on and which introduced FE to the international world. Of course Lucina isn't in the slightest sexualized by IS either, comes the game that introduced the younger generation of FE fans, and unlike Lyn, actually has real story relevance for most of the game. So touche.

Hector, he I rather like, and we'll be expecting a third version soon since CYL2 was his. We just have to hope that it stops here for the year and sometime thereafter. He will have enough versions for now. Roy won't be getting fourth insofar as we know for any time in the future, and let us hope that is a long time away, enough not to be able to justify complaining about it.

2 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

If we go by popularity and both CYL polls, Nino will be the next character to get a seasonal variant. As for this banner, I’m sniping greens. Lyn doesn’t interest me and Eliwood is free, which is great for my remaining orbs. 

March is next month and they've already used up Easter. Unless they choose to invent new bunny costumes and rerun the Easter them again, what will they do? Maybe just a generic celebration of everything Spring sans bunnies? So Nino throwing newly sprung up flowers at people?

Though the New Years' celebration was distinctly Japanese in flavor, and Easter is more of a Western thing, so maybe they'll do a less than universal holiday? Leprechaun Nino? Crucified Nino?

Would they go ahead and do another menagerie Seasonal like Bridal? Or will they follow suit in the vein of this Elibe one and do all from one-two related non-3DS games? Or will they go back to full AF Seasonals, or go back to Bridal and do half AF and half not?

I should go and ask Micaiah what she predicts.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

So I was thinking, I realized I just recently had a blast pulling on the RD Ike banner since I got really lucky on it and stuff, so it's good that I take a bit of a break summoning anyway. You guys have your fun and good luck!

Though Hector is tempting because I also realized that having a DC unit other than BK would sure be nice for my armor team...

While all the units are nice, I have one nitpick. It’s artwork. No, the artwork itself isn’t bad, in fact the artwork itself is amazing. It’s just that the artwork shows that it makes no sense to be an armored unit. But, I should expect IS to be lazy with seasonal armors, considering C!Tharja’s design.

I am indifferent to Lyn because I saw it coming, since IS seems to like making character emblem and I expect a forth Camilla, Xander and Chrom sometime this year.  I  am just glad that games other then the 3DS ones managed to get a seasonal banner.  I use armor emblem a lot so new armors are nice for me and it will be nice to replace C!Robin with Eliwood and a DC ax user will be great since I have yet to pull regular Hector and I love his art.  Now if IS would have armor march as a seal in the TT I will be all set.

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

actually has real story relevance for most of the game

Lyn has story relevance for the first third, plus the final act.  Lucina showed up here and there (as Lyn does in Eliwood and Hector's routes), but she does not really do much until the second half (after mask is removed).  And most of what she does then is just guide the team towards Tiki (if I recall)  Granted, it's been a while since I played the game, but I don't recall her involvement actually being that much in terms of time.  Impact yes, time spent no.

58 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

March is next month and they've already used up Easter. Unless they choose to invent new bunny costumes and rerun the Easter them again, what will they do? Maybe just a generic celebration of everything Spring sans bunnies? So Nino throwing newly sprung up flowers at people?

It's silly to think that they won't do a season/holiday again just because they did it once before.  Do you think they won't do another summer/beach banner, a Halloween banner, a Christmas banner, or a New Years banner again?

17 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

While all the units are nice, I have one nitpick. It’s artwork. No, the artwork itself isn’t bad, in fact the artwork itself is amazing. It’s just that the artwork shows that it makes no sense to be an armored unit. But, I should expect IS to be lazy with seasonal armors, considering C!Tharja’s design.

Yeah these armors are getting pretty ridiculous. Like I guess if you want to be charitable, maybe the fancy clothing is really stiff but Lyn had no problems wearing a bridal gown so

I know special armors are hard to fit in and we need more weapons on them but there's gotta be better ways guys.

47 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Like with things such as Dagger units in general, and weird combinations like Bow Flier and Tome Armor, I expect IS to do whatever with unit typings for Seasonals, since FE doesn't have quite the unit variety as it could have for this game.

More Armor, even if lazy, is appreciable when you consider most Armors are stuck with personalities that won't exactly be popular.

1. Roger is over and out of my mind with the ending of this sentence.
  2. Dolph? Who is this?
  3. Macellan? Who is this?
  4. Lorenz- too old.
  5. Horace
  6. Lang.
  7. Emperor Hardin. He'd be very cool, one of the few exceptions and likely a GHB.
  8. Valbar- maybe some popularity and familiarity? But not a lot I think.
  9. Forsythe- about the same as Valbar, and he might be just made into standard Lance Infantry and not Armor.
  10. Hannibal- too old.
  11. Emperor Arvis?
  12. Dalsin- forgettable.
  13. Xavier- too old, but I want the recruit from hell and I want him to be GOOD!
  14. Bors- blah!
  15. Barth- blah!
  16. Murdoch.
  17. Douglas MacArthur- old! (I need to go and actually read his and Bors's and Barth's supports, but they won't help too much.)
  18. Wallace might have meme potential or something, but is otherwise a bit dull and old.
  19. OsW1N is dull and old.
  20. Gilliam is too silent and old.
  21. Fado.
  22. Vigarde.
  23. Gatrie is flamboyant and gullible, which can sell orbs, but not so well known and overshadowed by better characters.
  24. The person who is friends with Nephenee.
  25. Tauroneo- really cool, but so old!
  26. Bryce.
  27. Meg- one of two Armor girls left, and somehow one of the more popular RD characters. I hope they save her for later, we don't need anymore Sword Armors at the moment thanks to Zelgius.
  28. Kellam is memes.
  29. Kjelle? Does she jelle with anyone?
  30. On that note, Ignatius is the least popular Fates kid I think.
  31. Though I do hope Benny comes in with a great mixed wall stat spread. But will people get past his outer appearance?

If I'm sounding superficial, it's because Heroes is.

30 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Lyn has story relevance for the first third, plus the final act.  Lucina showed up here and there (as Lyn does in Eliwood and Hector's routes), but she does not really do much until the second half (after mask is removed).  And most of what she does then is just guide the team towards Tiki (if I recall)  Granted, it's been a while since I played the game, but I don't recall her involvement actually being that much in terms of time.  Impact yes, time spent no.

Lyn's involvement outside her Mode is rather forced. Why did Laus need to attack Caelin again? Kinda seems odd if Darin just plans to run to Dread Isle, and I don't think it really helped his plans to start a war in Lycia (that as far as my memory goes collapsed with Erik's defeat in Laus). If you look at a map, unless no good roads run from Laus to Badon, going to Caelin would extend the trip. Her footprint tracking in Pale Flower of Darkness doesn't do a whole lot either other than just be there, nor does her five seconds as a hostage of Uhai (though having a Sacaean Black Fang member is cool and I'm not sure we'd had gotten one without Lyn). Her filler "I'm here" dialogue is not bad for the whole of the story, you could just write things without her and they wouldn't change much on E & H Modes, other than it being more of a bratwurst festival with Ninian the only girl around.

As for Lucina, her saving Chrom in Chapter 6 seems to have massively altered the course of things according to what she says later. Since Emmeryn doesn't get assassinated, Chrom doesn't get wounded, and the Plegia War ends much faster with Emmeryn's sacrifice and Chrom being in full health. The only reason it failed to do more good was because Validar got Grima'ed back to life.

She also tells Basilio Walhart will kill him and hence keeps him alive, which might have been needed for Robin's "fooled you!" trick on Validar later to work as well as it did. This I think is the full extent of what Lucina does with an impact besides her pre-C6 stuff.

Now every kid not Lucina, they're all irrelevant in the story yes. Thanks to variable hair color, mothers you might never recruit (Noire) much less pair, and the fact IS wanted to let the player recruit them at their leisure.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

54 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

This is my biggest issue with the banner too, personally. If IS wants armors in the game so bad, why not just add some actual ones from the series instead of making every seasonal banner have armors now? :/

4 hours ago, Nanima said:

Then we are in full agreement. My post referred to people who got up in arms over Camilla potentially getting a fourth version from CYL (because it's "too much"), but now don't mind or even celebrate Lyn getting a fourth one.

It is pretty hypocritical, but with the bias for the older games in these online communities I see no surprise in less complaints now that those fans are the ones being catered to. Lyn is non-3DS and cool with the older fanbase, so she gets a pass from most. Lyn getting that pass while Camilla gets scrutinized to an extra degree is usually just the community liking and disliking things more than concern over alt numbers.

Like you said in your other post, IS is just following the money, which has meant a lot of 3DS pandering. They're just finally doing the rounds on a different part of the fanbase today.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

It is pretty hypocritical, but with the bias for the older games in these online communities I see no surprise in less complaints now that those fans are the ones being catered to. Lyn is non-3DS and cool with the older fanbase, so she gets a pass from most. Lyn getting that pass while Camilla gets scrutinized to an extra degree is usually just the community liking and disliking things more than concern over alt numbers.

Like you said in your other post, IS is just following the money, which has meant a lot of 3DS pandering. They're just finally doing the rounds on a different part of the fanbase today

In my opinion is every alternative version wasted space, but the 3DS was predominant so the older games can better pass now. Lyn has now her  second alternative version, I think this more than enough, but it is just my opinion. As you said IS want just money and this characters were in CYL very popular so they are the best way to catch some whales.