Seasonal banner: Love Abounds

SatsumaFSoysoy

Got my Hector! That just leaves Roy! Lyn would be a bonus but those 2 and Lilina who I got yesterday were my most wanted. 

This art for Hector is leagues better than his original version, so I'm thrilled.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got Hector in 20 orbs but nothing after that for quite a bit. I've got a 4.5% pity rate right now and 200 orbs left. I'll have to wait until the next trailer before deciding what to do; you never know when Morgan could show up.

7 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Got my Hector! That just leaves Roy! Lyn would be a bonus but those 2 and Lilina who I got yesterday were my most wanted. 

This art for Hector is leagues better than his original version, so I'm thrilled.

Congrats! However, I must disagree. I actually like Hector's original art quite a bit. It just has a classic type of feel to it.

Spent like 30 orbs, got a +spd -def Lilina, and a 5* Athena (forgot to check IVs, but it doesn't really matter since I have Marisa as my main sword-infantry). I'm pretty happy with it, so I will probably not summon more on this banner, since there are at least 2 new heroes banners coming, I'll have to save up some orbs for that

6 hours ago, Ae†her said:

I just want Hector, but I instead I got his daugther with the right IVs for Hector, but not Lilina. +Atk/-Spd 

So damn close.

Wow, exactly same scenario for me. So close, yet so far.

At least I can make a Horse B team with Brave Roy and Lilina supporting each other.

@Anacybele If you don't mind me asking, what kind of clothes would you consider suitable for Valentine seasonals? I'm curious since I can't think of anything that's particularly Valentine-like except horrible anime fanservice.

2 hours ago, Sylphid said:

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of clothes would you consider suitable for Valentine seasonals? I'm curious since I can't think of anything that's particularly Valentine-like except horrible anime fanservice.

Anything themed around hearts, pink, red, white, and maybe some purple too. So cute heart-themed dresses or something for females, and funny heart-themed suits for guys. These things are what come to mind for Valentine's Day, right? And they don't have to be fanservicey. They could be long dresses and suits that cover a lot like what these Elibe characters got, except with heart themes and the colors I mentioned. Though since we've seen long dresses in the form of the bridal gowns already, a short dress or two wouldn't hurt. But even that doesn't have to be fanservicey.

Could be a style like this one:

2015-cute-sleeveless-knee-length-women-w

Not as plain looking, it would have the hearts theme and more of an FE flare to it, of course, but you get the idea, right?

I think hearts would've been cute and pretty, even if I actually don't like pink and red much... Maybe IS thought it would be too girly for male characters? I wouldn't see why though, seeing as they're fine with designing men that look like women and even dress like them *cough*Forrest*cough* So I'm not sure why they went with a generic medieval England theme over an actual Valentine's Day theme.

Don't get me wrong, a medieval England theme isn't a bad idea either, I just think it would've been better off used in another month.

Terrible luck on this banner. Got a Soren at 3%... then nothing until Valentine Hector at 5.25%. He's also +Res -Atk. I'll make it work but MAN.

At least I got two Sothes (whom I didn't have) and a Klein, as well as tons of feathers that allowed me to complete my 5*+10 Nino.

EDIT: Nah, what they did is perfectly fine for Valentine. As long as there's a love theme of some sorts (which there is), it fits just as well.

Edited by Jave

I actually think this was a great idea for Valentine's Day after playing the paralogues. They themed it off of several kinds of love, and this day internationally is known as the day of love and friendship, so it's a lot better than just making it themed around dating/having more sexy outfits.

You have family love with Lilina reuniting with Hector after his death and wanting to spend her day with him, you have romantic love between her and Roy, and you have the three best friends in Eliwood/Hector/Lyn. Super cute and well thought out all around imo.

4 hours ago, Usana said:

Congrats! However, I must disagree. I actually like Hector's original art quite a bit. It just has a classic type of feel to it.

I should specify I don't dislike the style, I just don't really like details like his face and the colour of his armour. I do like Raven's art a lot!

The face is no question; Vector's smirk just tells you everything you need to know, yes?

I definitely like Vector's art, I just had to contest the 'leagues better' part. Better, but I do quite like Hector's art. Though I did always think his armor color was in kind of a weird spot. I think Olivia is the only one done by AKIRA that I am not fond of. But that I think is more because I am not particularly fond of Olivia's design in general. So I would imagine Raven/Lon'qu>Hector>Olivia as far as AKIRA rankings go.

Edited by Usana

@AnacybeleOkay I get what you mean by Valentine-like now. It's not something I personally would like much I think (though pink suits for the guys would be awesome now that I thought of it), but it definitely sounds fitting for the occasion. And don't worry, I understand you don't dislike the theme we got, just it being paired with Valentine's Day.

Also I don't think IS should be afraid to do seasonal designs that are too *anything* after Bunny Xander and Chrom lol. Those were a blast. Unless they got massive amount of complaints about those designs, which I sadly can imagine was the case.

@Book Bro  Yeah the paralogues were great, easily my favorite ones this far. The whole bait-and-switch with Lilina's gift was nice if a bit predictable, but wow the comment about Hector's death hit the feels.

1 hour ago, Sylphid said:

@AnacybeleOkay I get what you mean by Valentine-like now. It's not something I personally would like much I think (though pink suits for the guys would be awesome now that I thought of it), but it definitely sounds fitting for the occasion. And don't worry, I understand you don't dislike the theme we got, just it being paired with Valentine's Day.

Also I don't think IS should be afraid to do seasonal designs that are too *anything* after Bunny Xander and Chrom lol. Those were a blast. Unless they got massive amount of complaints about those designs, which I sadly can imagine was the case.

Glad you understand. :) And yeah, Bunny Xander and Chrom were things too, so I don't see why IS should ignore the idea of a guy wearing pink. :P

Managed to get Hector on my first summoning session but Lyn took me at least ten more tries of sniping for blue to get her. Hector is +SPD -HP, not the best but at least it isn't -DEF like my normal Hectors have. Lyn is +HP -DEF, probably gonna need to slap a defense seal on her to fix that or just keep her strictly as a magic tank. Will probably try for Roy and Lilina next week when I get paid.

I just want Lyn, but I've been pulling blue and green because Hector or Lilina would be cool too. But so far I've been pity broken by Olwen, Micaiah, and Sonya. Micaiah is the only one of those three I already had so the two new ones are nice, but...Lyn...

I got a neutral Lyn when I was Desperation 3 summoning with the orbs I scrapped together from the quests and maps. Also got +SPD -DEF Brave Lucina from the Movement banner. Still want Hector but I also want Guidance and Flier Formation fodder. Don't know which I want more, though.

My luck's still nowhere to be found. After a all-blue summon (didn't see that comming) with no Lyn to be seen, now I got a rate-breaker Nowi. Lightning Breath fodder, but... If things goes the same as before, I'll never see Lyn, since the only Lyn I got before was... with the free brave summon.

Lady Lyndis, why are you avoiding me ? T_T

I'm sniping colorless with all free orbs I'm getting these days (quite a lot), but pity breakers seem to like me on this banner: Innes, Takumi and Priscilla so far. 

Priscilla was the free pull from the TT-banner, while Innes (+SPD,-DEF) and Takumi (neutral) are new in my roster. While I can't complain and especially Innes is an awesome pull, I just want a Roy ... 

Less than 50 orbs in and I had 2 Lilinas. Pity rate never went above 3.25%.

Currently have it up to 3.50%. I really hope I don't have to spend much at all to get the rest of them. I need to tighten my wallet after the last month or so.

Just checked, one of my Lilinas is +Spd/-HP so that's pretty great. I should be able to use her to get all of the TT rewards until I max her HM. Then I can do more pulls to hopefully get more 40% bonus units.