Seasonal banner: Love Abounds

SatsumaFSoysoy

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:
  Hide contents

Yep, I definitely have zero interest in this banner. I don't even want to do the free pull because I don't want to risk getting any of these.

I'm an Elibe hater, and on top of that, this isn't even a Valentine's theme. It's a random victorian/medieval/whatever theme. Which in itself isn't really a BAD idea, I just think it's the wrong time to do such a theme. Though at least it ships Hector x Lyn. And that Hector got better art, as did Eliwood. Even if I think Lyn didn't need another version since she already had three.

So yeah, 100% passing on this. Glad I can save my orbs. I don't have many anyway.

Not everyone has to like the game, but you should at least free pull for fodder. New armor units tend to have VERY good skills for armor emblem (March from Amelia/Henry, Panicbow from Jackob, Vengeful/Bold from winter...).

7 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:
  Hide contents

Stats are here!!!

Hector 40 def base!!! And 38 base Atk! Oh my!

Our first Blue Armor Mage with Lyn

Most armors. And Vector has the same class interesting. I think is the IS's way to put new armor untis since most wouldn't give much profit is to make the  alts armor units

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yep, I definitely have zero interest in this banner. I don't even want to do the free pull because I don't want to risk getting any of these.

I'm an Elibe hater, and on top of that, this isn't even a Valentine's theme. It's a random victorian/medieval/whatever theme. Which in itself isn't really a BAD idea, I just think it's the wrong time to do such a theme. Though at least it ships Hector x Lyn. And that Hector got better art, as did Eliwood. Even if I think Lyn didn't need another version since she already had three.

So yeah, 100% passing on this. Glad I can save my orbs. I don't have many anyway.

Thanks for not disappointing with that reaction Madam No Fun. c:

50 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Classical outfits instead of fanservice outfits?

Who are these people and what have they done with Intelligent Systems?!! :D

Spoiler

I'm not big on seasonal units, but I for one love the Tudor-era looking outfits.  It looks like something I'd love to cosplay as.

@Humanoid Anamnesis.

Regarding the banner itself...

Spoiler

Wow, Roy is super slow. He'll certainly be good for Brave Bow+, at least.

Eliwood is an Armored Lance, and has the highest BST in the game alongside Winter Lissa and Zelgius. So now the highest BST in the game has a unit of each color. Also he's super strong and comes with decent speed. Dude really wants to avoid the bench, huh?

Lyn looks pretty good... Is she the fastest Armor now? I don't know my Armors too well, so I dunno for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Just Here To Fight... I think that's just Hector in general, to be honest. Still, he looks... Wow, I think he just powercreeped himself. At least him having Armads means that it's probably gonna be refineable on regular Hector, hopefully.

Finally, Lilina looks like a serviceable alternative to Gunnthra if I happen to pull her.

I'm guessing Lyn to be the free unit, since she and Eliwood share a color and I don't expect him to be given away. I'd be extremely happy to be wrong though.

Overall, I look forward to pulling for these units and failing to get any of them

Just now, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

So is no one gonna talk about how Valentine!Roy is the second mounted bow user in the game?

Spoiler

19 speed with mixed bulk.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:
  Hide contents

What's wrong with not liking Elibe at all?

Also, how do these outfits relate to love at all? And remember, I didn't say the outfits were bad, I just think they don't fit the Valentine's theme. I actually would've preferred heart-themed dresses like you suggest.

I’m pretty sure they are meant to be going to ball. Which is pretty fitting for Valetines day. Not everything has scream loudly about what they are about. Sometimes being subtle is better.

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@Humanoid Anamnesis.

Hide contents

Eliwood is an Armored Lance, and has the highest BST in the game alongside Winter Lissa and Zelgius. So now the highest BST in the game has a unit of each color. Also he's super strong and comes with decent speed. Dude really wants to avoid the bench, huh?

Lyn looks pretty good... Is she the fastest Armor now? I don't know my Armors too well, so I dunno for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Just Here To Fight... I think that's just Hector in general, to be honest. Still, he looks... Wow, I think he just powercreeped himself. At least him having Armads means that it's probably gonna be refineable on regular Hector, hopefully.

Finally, Lilina looks like a serviceable alternative to Gunnthra if I happen to pull her.

I'm guessing Lyn to be the free unit, since she and Eliwood share a color and I don't expect him to be given away. I'd be extremely happy to be wrong though.

Overall, I look forward to pulling for these units and failing to get any of them

Spoiler

Yes, Lyn is now the fastest Armor. She has +2 Spd over Amelia, Henry, Robin, and Black Knight (34).

Old Hector - 52/36/24/37/19      168
New Hector - 50/38/21/40/24     173
Stats =          -2/+2/-3/+3/+5        +5

So, Hector powercrept himself similar to Zelgius. 

14 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Thanks for not disappointing with that reaction Madam No Fun. c:

...Uh, what? Why would I not want to have fun...? I'm just not a fan of this banner or Elibe glorification at all. There have been other banners I've liked a lot.

Also, is every seasonal banner going to have a bunch of armors now? I'll never want to pull on them again no matter who's in them if that's the case. I'm personally not a fan of armors in this game at all either.

EDIT: @Water Mage I've never heard of anyone going to balls on Valentine's Day...?

Edited by Anacybele

Spoiler

Lilina! Oh dear I only got around 65 orbs yet here's Lilina just begging me for my orbs. (It should be noted I have a thing for blue haired girls in FE) Elibe isn't my favourite game but Hector and Lilina are so dear to me that it's going to be really hard trying to pass on this banner. I've tried several times using armor emblem but I just can't bring myself to enjoy them so 3 armor units is kinda of a turn off.

Spoiler

So the generic weapons negate the buffs of ranged units and the new Armads is busted. Normal Hector might get a new refinement. I'm not sure about the new armor skill this Hector has.

Edited by silveraura25

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

MY CYNICAL SELF WAS WRONG IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE.

I’ll definitely be gunning for Roy first and foremost.  I’ve got a Klien and a Gordin officially set aside.

Lilina is second priority and Eliwood third.  

There are pretty dresses and nice looking male formalwear.  I love everything about this (other than Eli being armor).

Guessing Eliwood is the likely tempest.  Hector is powercreeping himself, Lyn is $$$, and Lilina and Roy were the teaser.  

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:
  Hide contents

So the generic weapons negate the buffs of ranged units and the new Armads is busted. Normal Hector might get a new refinement. I'm not sure about the new armor skill this Hector has.

Spoiler

Most upgrades improve the effects of the base weapon, and maybe add something else.

Vector's Armads has a completely different effect. So either it is separate (Vector Only), or Hector gains it as a new weapon skill (similar to Raven, Caeda, etc.), then you can either make Hector player phase or enemy phase oriented.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: @Water Mage I've never heard of anyone going to balls on Valentine's Day...?

Balls are often know as romantic events, particulary in medieval times and fairy tales, a good example is Cinderella. It looks pretty clear that these characters are going to a fairy tale like ball. Fits Valentine’s day pretty well.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's almost as if it's representing a different time period.

Yeah, one where I don't think Valentine's Day even existed.

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

Balls are often know as romantic events, particulary in medieval times and fairy tales, a good example is Cinderella. It looks pretty clear that these characters are going to a fairy tale like ball. Fits Valentine’s day pretty well.

Without actual Valentine's outfits though, I still disagree. A medieval/victorian theme is fine. Just not right now. It has nothing to do with Valentine's Day or even love. This is just what I think, aright? You don't have to agree. Just leave me be.

17 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@Humanoid Anamnesis.

Hide contents

Robin is about 37ish. I think mine is +speed though. He's my fastest unit right now with upgrades.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

So is no one gonna talk about how Valentine!Roy is the second mounted bow user in the game?

Spoiler

All the more evidence that Lyn is his mom.

Spoiler

Well, now we'd better get an Awakening banner to balance this out. If it loses seasonals and doesn't get normals...

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There have been other banners I've liked a lot.

And when you don't you go balls deep and list every single reason (you think) why it sucks when a good portion of users enjoy it.

Then you say you're being bullied.

That's why you have that reputation around here Ana.

It feels like you have a VERY SMALL portion of the game you love and everything else outside of that you talk trash about.

Edited by shadowofchaos

26 minutes ago, Crux404 said:

Not everyone has to like the game, but you should at least free pull for fodder. New armor units tend to have VERY good skills for armor emblem (March from Amelia/Henry, Panicbow from Jackob, Vengeful/Bold from winter...).

No thanks. With every other free pull I've done lately being a focus 5 star, I'd rather not. I don't want to press my luck.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Uh, what? Why would I not want to have fun...? I'm just not a fan of this banner or Elibe glorification at all. There have been other banners I've liked a lot.

Also, is every seasonal banner going to have a bunch of armors now? I'll never want to pull on them again no matter who's in them if that's the case. I'm personally not a fan of armors in this game at all either.

When I read your post what I heard is “I don’t like this so it sucks”. When I saw the datamine earlier I figured that your reaction would be something like this.

There’s glorification for all of the games to some degree. Elibe hasn’t had the spotlight in quiet awhile, let people have their fun. You don’t enjoy it just do what the majority of people do. Ignore it the way I do whenever you go off about Fredrick. It’s not hard. 

Wether or not we keep getting armors remains to be seen. I don’t hate them but I do agree with the hope that they stop giving us so many seasonal armors. 

20 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@Humanoid Anamnesis.

Hide contents

The typo was intentional - Eirika has certainly been allergic to me given that I've gotten five pity breakers on her banner so far. :)