Seasonal banner: Love Abounds

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, one where I don't think Valentine's Day even existed.

Without actual Valentine's outfits though, I still disagree. A medieval/victorian theme is fine. Just not right now. It has nothing to do with Valentine's Day or even love. This is just what I think, aright? You don't have to agree. Just leave me be.

Valentine’s day is a Saint’s day.  It’s been a thing associated with romance since the 14th century, apparently.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine's_Day

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

And when you don't you go balls deep and list every single reason (you think) why it sucks when a good portion of users enjoy it.

Then you say you're being bullied.

That's why you have that reputation around here Ana.

It feels like you have a VERY SMALL portion of the game you love and everything else outside of that you talk trash about.

What? No I don't. Not even close. When I told you people bullied me, that was TWITTER people. Not anyone here. God damn.

I actually like quite a bit about this game. I wouldn't play it almost every day otherwise.

5 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

When I read your post what I heard is “I don’t like this so it sucks”. When I saw the datamine earlier I figured that your reaction would be something like this.

There’s glorification for all of the games to some degree. Elibe hasn’t had the spotlight in quiet awhile, let people have their fun. You don’t enjoy it just do what the majority of people do. Ignore it the way I do whenever you go off about Fredrick. It’s not hard. 

Wether or not we keep getting armors remains to be seen. I don’t hate them but I do agree with the hope that they stop giving us so many seasonal armors. 

Then you heard wrong. I don't like the banner, but I'm not saying it sucks or is trash or anything like that. I know that's too harsh. In fact, I tried to keep my post as civil as I could because I didn't want repeats of certain past incidents. Looks like that didn't work though. So I probably should just refrain from posting about banners I don't like period.

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Valentine’s day is a Saint’s day.  It’s been a thing associated with romance since the 14th century, apparently.

Huh, learn something new every day. I still would've rather seen non-Elibe units with heart-themed outfits with pink, purple, and red though. And I actually don't even like pink or red, ironically.

But, eh, good for people who do like this victorian/medieval theme, I guess?

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What? No I don't. Not even close. When I told you people bullied me, that was TWITTER people. Not anyone here. God damn.

Ana I have screenshots of all your tantrums. You play the victim card

A lot.

From the very beginning of Blazing Shadows.

And if I don't it's easily searchable especially in the general thread.

Including the ones on Discord. Attempting to deny what you're known for in this forum is futile.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Spoiler

Eliwood seems to be the one who might be the TT reward. Lilina and Roy were in the teaser. Hector is busted and Lyn is there to balance genders on a 4 unit banner.

I'm definitely going for Lyn. Not intrested in Roy, Hector and Lilina

Edited by silveraura25

Just now, silveraura25 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Eliwood seems to be the one who might be the TT reward. Lilina and Roy were in the teaser. Hector is busted and Lyn is there to balance genders on a 4 unit banner.

Spoiler

Other sources keep telling me Lyn is free. But then again this is hearsay.

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Ana I have screenshots of all your tantrums. You play the victim card

A lot.

From the very beginning of Blazing Shadows.

And if I don't it's easily searchable especially in the general thread.

Including the ones on Discord. Attempting to deny what you're known for in this forum is futile.

lol tantrums? So you think I whine and cry like a baby and stomp my feet and/or hit/throw things? I seriously have no idea where you'd get a ridiculous idea like that.

And if I think I'm being bullied, I think I'm being bullied. I don't pretend or fake anything to get attention, I don't try to excuse any wrong-doing I might've done (which I'm not denying that some of my past actions were indeed not right), I don't try to get people to pity me.

But hey, think what you want about me. I really don't care. I'm just going to keep being myself and enjoy what good I have in life.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

It still seems odd to theme it based on the start of the holiday (according to Wikipedia it started around Chaucer's time, which fits the clothing), given the modernization of other holidays in FEH (notably Christmas and Halloween).  I prefer this version by far though.

*claps several times*

Alright everyone. We all have our likes and dislikes. Ana simply dislikes the Elibe series. Nothing we can do about that. 

Instead, alongside this banner, I also heard about the weapon refineemtns:

• Cadea: Wing Sword - 16mt effective against armor and cavalry. Can be forged to get the same effect as Arya's blade (so cooldown acceleration if faster.

• Felcia: Felicia's plate - 14mt, same debuff as silver dagger, uses weakes def or res for damage calculation. Can be forged for +1 cooldown charge if foe uses magic

• Hinoka: Hinoka's spear: 16mt, gets +4atk/spd if an friendly infantry or flying ally is within 2 squares. Can be forged for a built in guidance that instead works for fliers and infantry instead of infantry and armor.

• Zephiel's weapon now can be forged for a built in distant defense.

• Raven: Basilikos: 16mt killer axe. Can be forged for a built in Life or Death

4 out of 5 of these units I have at 5*. Guess who it is.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then you heard wrong. I don't like the banner, but I'm not saying it sucks or is trash or anything like that. I know that's too harsh. In fact, I tried to keep my post as civil as I could because I didn't want repeats of certain past incidents. Looks like that didn't work though. So I probably should just refrain from posting about banners I don't like period.

It’s not what you intended but it is how you came across. Communicating only via text is hard because tone does not carry over the same way it does in person or just through voice. I live in constant fear of my tone being misconstrued online.

Until you figure out restraint when it comes to picking fight and tone, then yeah not commenting on things you don’t like is the way to go. 

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

And here I’ve seen people saying Roy is going to be free. The mystery of the week. lol

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

*claps several times*

Alright everyone. We all have our likes and dislikes. Ana simply dislikes the Elibe series. Nothing we can do about that. 

I mean we don't want to do anything about it.

It's just funny to see her whining about Fates/Awakening in seasonal banners. Then IS gives a banner that DOESN'T have any characters from Fates and Awakening.

Then she turns around and calls it sucky.

Like ?????

1 minute ago, DarkLordIvy said:

It’s not what you intended but it is how you came across. Communicating only via text is hard because tone does not carry over the same way it does in person or just through voice. I live in constant fear of my tone being misconstrued online.

Until you figure out restraint when it comes to picking fight and tone, then yeah not commenting on things you don’t like is the way to go.

I don't understand how it came across that way at all, but I apologize that you saw it that way.

But I didn't pick a fight, others replied to my post first...?

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

*claps several times*

• Cadea: Wing Sword - 16mt effective against armor and cavalry. Can be forged to get the same effect as Arya's blade (so cooldown acceleration if faster.

• Felcia: Felicia's plate - 14mt, same debuff as silver dagger, uses weakes def or res for damage calculation. Can be forged for +1 cooldown charge if foe uses magic

• Hinoka: Hinoka's spear: 16mt, gets +4atk/spd if an friendly infantry or flying ally is within 2 squares. Can be forged for a built in guidance that instead works for fliers and infantry instead of infantry and armor.

And to add on to that, I think the awakening Falchion’s get +4 to all stats when near an ally, Marth falchion gives +2 to every stat, and Alm’s has a brave sword effect at 100%

Edited by Poimagic

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

And to add on to that, I think the awakening Falchion’s get +4 to all stats when near an ally, Marth falchion gives +2 to every stat, and Alm’s has a brave sword effect at 10hp

The question is does that crap go through Windsweep "no double"

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

It's just funny to see her whining about Fates/Awakening in seasonal banners. Then IS gives a banner that DOESN'T have any characters from Fates and Awakening.

Like ?????

Completely wrong. I'm glad it's at least not Fates/Awakening. But I'm not glad that it's all Elibe. Plus, I wasn't the only one getting tired of Fates/Awakening seasonals.

And I never once used the word "sucky" to describe this banner.

And to add on to that, I think the awakening Falchion’s get +4 to all stats when near an ally, Marth falchion gives +2 to every stat, and Alm’s has a brave sword effect at 100%

Bonds give them strength!

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

Like ?????

Well, its a seasonal banner of a series that she isn't fond of. But I'm sure that she is happy at the very least that for once, it isn't Awakening and Fates. 

@Anacybele: Isn't that right?

And to add on to that, I think the awakening Falchion’s get +4 to all stats when near an ally, Marth falchion gives +2 to every stat, and Alm’s has a brave sword effect at 10hp

I heard that Marth's Falchion gives a boost to allies. Not sure. Unless of course this is a reference to the Shield of Seals in New Mystery where it boosts all stats by 2. 

And Alm's is definitely the strongest. No doubt that he will be high up in the meta tiers.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't understand how it came across that way at all, but I apologize that you saw it that way.

But I didn't pick a fight, others replied to my post first...?

Picking fights always come after your first reaction for stuff like this. You are right you weren’t picking a fight but I could see the ensuing one coming a mile away based on other fights you’ve ended up in in the past.

Honestly don’t apologize to me. I’m getting a kick out of all this. 

8 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I've seen Lilina in YouTube, Lyn in Reddit, but they usually have gender balance and Hector is too busted.

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, now we'd better get an Awakening banner to balance this out. If it loses seasonals and doesn't get normals...

....It will be like everything else. Which is fine, since it's just yet another game. If it can't get used to showing up no longer on a monthly/bimonthly basis, it is a little petty.

Just be patient. Fates got a 2nd Gen banner a few months ago, with one Awakening reincarnation on it. Awakening will probably get a 2nd Gen banner this year.

Think of it like this, the 3 Thracia fans that exist have greater reasons to complain. And the Gen 2 Genealogy fans can complain about as much as Awakening fans I would say. FE6 fans also have reason to complain if Roy is not their forte- which is perfectly reasonable.

Spoiler
19 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

(Vector Only)

Vector? Makes him sound like virus. I believe a vector is what you call a host for a virus who spreads it to victims, but cannot actually get sick with it. Like rats and fleas carrying bubonic plague or mosquitos malaria.

Maybe Hector isn't clean after all.

Spoiler
32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So is no one gonna talk about how Valentine!Roy is the second mounted bow user in the game?

Being Seasonal probably isn't helping him.

Come on IS? Astrid isn't pretty enough to get added? Make it her better looking PoR self, she even has some depth to her character.

And reminder people, there is the Ignore function on SF. If there are posters that consistently unnerve you and you can't help responding in spite of how futile it is (which you should eventually learn with some people), consider putting the problematic poster on your Ignore List. If you're really want to know what they've posted, you can always temporarily turn it off the Ignore. They won't even know you're Ignoring them.

This said, I highly recommend not abusing the Ignore function. Ignoring too many opinions you don't agree with in your life and turning it into an echo chamber is how far-right radicals (and probably radical leftists too) get made. Ignoring too many opinions about Fire Emblem won't turn you into a threat to humanity (I hope), but just as a lesson for your life, restrain your want to block. Use it wisely.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

I heard that Marth's Falchion gives a boost to allies. Not sure. Unless of course this is a reference to the Shield of Seals in New Mystery where it boosts all stats by 2. 

And Alm's is definitely the strongest. No doubt that he will be high up in the meta tiers.

I should’ve pharaed that better. What I meant is that Marth’s Falchion gives a rainbow drive 1.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Bonds give them strength!

Does this mean the weapon refinement is just a pun?

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

*claps several times*

Caeda's and Raven's weapon refinement are insane. Can't wait to use them both once I get enough feathers. Marth got shafted so hard for the Falchion upgrade though(It's an obvious reference to his games but why?), I'm not even going to bother with the special upgrade but instead use either the speed or attack upgrade.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Well, its a seasonal banner of a series that she isn't fond of. But I'm sure that she is happy at the very least that for once, it isn't Awakening and Fates. 

@Anacybele: Isn't that right?

Yeah, I did just say that above. If it was more Fates/Awakening in these outfits, I probably would've hated this banner even more. Well, unless Ryoma was on it, I guess, but I doubt he ever would've been.

3 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Picking fights always come after your first reaction for stuff like this. You are right you weren’t picking a fight but I could see the ensuing one coming a mile away based on other fights you’ve ended up in in the past.

Honestly don’t apologize to me. I’m getting a kick out of all this. 

Oh, okay. I see then. I'll have to keep that in mind.

lol well, glad you could be entertained. :P

8 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Well, its a seasonal banner of a series that she isn't fond of.

So why spend the energy hating on it rather than staying away from the thread where people are discussing it?

It tends to come off as being the vocal "I don't like this so it sucks" when she's using very subjective material to justify her reasons?

Especially since her statements she's been saying have been contradicted by other members of the forum via a citation?

It feels like she values her design ideas far more than the input of other people. You know... Which is the goal of this mobile game: Appeal to both veterans and newcomers.

Also Felicia's plate looks dumb with the cooldown.

If she gets hit by a mage and she doubles you get a glacies to the face.

Edited by shadowofchaos