FE switch story predictions & hopes

20 hours ago, BZL8 said:

Pretty early posting this, topic creator, as we don't know anything about the story. Anyway:

Narrative-wise, I don't want anything that feels derivative of any of the previous games. Some people want something like "PoR" or "RD", others like "Genealogy", and some like the newer games; I am not one of those people. Personally hoping for something that doesn't feel like treading on the same grounds. I don't care if the story is simple. If the story of FE16 can distinguish itself from past FE titles and be executed well, I am in Day 1. Copy pasting a post I made on the TV Tropes forum:

I kind of want a cosmic horror type story myself. It would be interesting to see how characters fare when love, friendship or a blessed sword still won't save them in the end.

But I doubt IS will be that hardcore.

Edited by saisymbolic

• 3 weeks later...

Expecting a darker take this time, maybe with a strong female lead and an avatar side character rather than lead. I'm assuming they're collecting data from heroes and think this sounds about right while also not being too bad. I'm not huge on avatars really so them being on the side is kinda more of a hope lol.

Prediction: Whatever makes it as profitable as possible, while devoting as little effort from IS as possible. I fully expect the avatar to be the MC again. I fully expect a focus on royalty, dragons, and bloodlines again. I fully expect the 'plot' will be a derivative and trite combination of the same overused tropes and pulls from already-established worlds in the series (safe money's on Archanea again) for the sole purpose of providing a backdrop for their Date-Mate-N-Procreate simulator again. I fully expect there to be a large number of microtransactions/DLC content that should've been part of the main game release again. In fact, I wouldn't look twice if IS proved to be so lazy as to take the core group of Fire Emblem Heroes (You!Breidablik, Alfonse, Sharena, Fjorm, and Gunnthra) and just transition them into this as the main cast. Hell, that'd make it canon that absolutely every single past FE character ever is in there with them (and you can date/fuck them, obviously); do not even pretend that wouldn't sell like mad, and allow them to cut tons of corners in the process.

Hopes: That absolutely everything in the Prediction section is wrong. No MC Avatar (maybe no Avatar period, that's fine if it saves the quality of the plot), no dragon bullshit, no royalty/bloodline focus, no a-4th-grader-wrote-this plotline, no callbacks to already established worlds, no variable marriages/sudden children/Pokemon IV-optimization nonsense, a game release that actually has the vast majority of the content already loaded (I know, that's such an 80s concept, my age is showing), a completely original cast, and absolutely no goddamn amiibos (costumes are fine, units are not).

I would like a rather cerebral, challenging story, if not a cosmic horror story (I already detailed the latter in a previous post).

Edited by BZL8