Shadow Dragon DLC images surface

Jedi

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit, I was ready to hit post, before I saw you @Jedi!

But anywho, unless translate is lying to me, in this support, there's supposedly a mention of Maria in it

1 hour ago, Homosexualbeard said:

I hope the next game has Sirius in it. I don't really see why everybody wants Camus. He died in the only game he was even in. I want more of Sirius. Who is he? Why is he so strong? How does he know Nyna? They could even give him Gradivus and maybe a costume of Camus since they look kind of alike.

Idk if I should spoiler this or nah, considering how old news this is, but just in case you actually arent aware:

Spoiler

Sirius literally is Camus in disguise. Plot twist, he survived the War of Shadows. I kid you not

14 minutes ago, Jedi said:

We have one confirmed support now. 

zUotXBq.jpg

I really like seeing smiling!Minerva.  She's had a hard life; she deserves a good moment or two every once in a while.

And her chatting with Sakura... surprisingly makes sense.  Maybe because she's a little redhead like Minerva's sister.

Also, the Navarre x Caeda support was a given.  She literally recruits him, and she seems to know him a little more personally; to not have the two talk more would be bizarre.

49 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Dammit, I was ready to hit post, before I saw you @Jedi!

But anywho, unless translate is lying to me, in this support, there's supposedly a mention of Maria in it

Idk if I should spoiler this or nah, considering how old news this is, but just in case you actually arent aware:

Reveal hidden contents

Sirius literally is Camus in disguise. Plot twist, he survived the War of Shadows. I kid you not

Don't be silly, they can't be the same person. Sirius wears a mask.

57 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So far it's one cross game, and one not. Not exactly a lot to go off of.

If I recall, Fates didn't have any cross-game ones shown (I could be forgetting one; December was kind of a crazy month beyond the usual 'here's your damn gift you adorable little brat')...

3 minutes ago, DIO said:

If I recall, Fates didn't have any cross-game ones shown (I could be forgetting one; December was kind of a crazy month beyond the usual 'here's your damn gift you adorable little brat')...

Niles and Frederick were shown on the English website.

I was looking at the website updates, and one of the Linde pics shows the blue energy that usually gets drawn in when a character is charging a crit.  So I think the giant light circle is her yellow stun gauge smash.  It's not conclusive proof that she's not a Robin clone, but it looks likely that she isn't since crits don't change for all the other clones, only specials.

chara30_02.jpg

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

5 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I was looking at the website updates, and one of the Linde pics shows the blue energy that usually gets drawn in when a character is charging a crit.  So I think the giant light circle is her yellow stun gauge smash.  It's not conclusive proof that she's not a Robin clone, but it looks likely that she isn't since crits don't change for all the other clones, only specials.

chara30_02.jpg

Some attacks do have extra blue effects like that. It's worth mentioning that it's also presented from the same angle we saw Azura's C5 (which we all thought was a musou). May be jumping the gun, but I'd say things are looking pretty good.

2 hours ago, dmurr said:

Honestly, I would be surprised if Linde was a clone. I don't know why everyone is so worried.

Four Archers that play the same and 3 Pegasus that all play the same kinda lead people to believe every similar thing will be similar.

its commonly assumed Minerva will be a clone of Camilla, that Tharja will be a clone of Robin as well etc.

Edited by Jedi

7 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Four Archers that play the same and 3 Pegasus that all play the same kinda lead people to believe every similar thing will be similar.

its commonly assumed Minerva will be a clone of Camilla, that Tharja will be a clone of Robin as well etc.

At the same time there is Oboro and Azura. Waiting and seeing is probably the best course of action.

4 hours ago, dmurr said:

Honestly, I would be surprised if Linde was a clone. I don't know why everyone is so worried.

Personally, I think people are looking for any excuse just to act negative towards this game. People also thought that Azura and Oboro would be clones of each other and that didn't happen.

Besides, Linde and Minerva are completely new characters being added into the game. It would just look bad and lazy to just add new characters using movesets that were already in the game especially since it has been two months they made Azura's moveset. I don't think I have ever seen a game whose DLC characters had a moveset of another character already in the game besides Roy in Smash4. But even then I think they attempted to make him slightly different but I'm not completely sure since I didn't get him.

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

Personally, I think people are looking for any excuse just to act negative towards this game. People also thought that Azura and Oboro would be clones of each other and that didn't happen.

Besides, Linde and Minerva are completely new characters being added into the game. It would just look bad and lazy to just add new characters using movesets that were already in the game especially since it has been two months they made Azura's moveset. I don't think I have ever seen a game whose DLC characters had a moveset of another character already in the game besides Roy in Smash4. But even then I think they attempted to make him slightly different but I'm not completely sure since I didn't get him.

Personally, I'm not looking for negatives.  I enjoy the game a lot, and already have the season pass (IMO it's worth it regardless of whether the new characters are clones or not).  I just expect clones because that way if they do end up as clones for any reason, I'm not disappointed.

It's pessimistic, but I'd rather expect the worst instead potentially being let down.

2 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Personally, I'm not looking for negatives.  I enjoy the game a lot, and already have the season pass (IMO it's worth it regardless of whether the new characters are clones or not).  I just expect clones because that way if they do end up as clones for any reason, I'm not disappointed.

It's pessimistic, but I'd rather expect the worst instead potentially being let down.

That's fine. I'm quite a pessimist myself and yeah it usually is best to keep your expectations low regarding game announcements and such especially in regards to Nintendo and their games.

It's just that I see way too much overblown negativism about this game in regards to character roster and movesets and the game in general that people seem to treat as Fates 2.0 and say nothing but complaints about it.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

At the same time there is Oboro and Azura. Waiting and seeing is probably the best course of action.

Yeah, I was just stating the common opinions I've seen regarding this.

The way I see the DLC characters in general, for every 3 new ones, there's going to be at least one that's unique. Fates had Azura, and Awakening will presumably have Olivia. As for this, out of these three (well, two, since we can already rule out Navarre), I'm willing to put my money on Minerva, but we'll see when the vids come out

16 minutes ago, Motendra said:

The way I see the DLC characters in general, for every 3 new ones, there's going to be at least one that's unique. Fates had Azura, and Awakening will presumably have Olivia. As for this, out of these three (well, two, since we can already rule out Navarre), I'm willing to put my money on Minerva, but we'll see when the vids come out

Oboro and Azura were both unique though in part due to having no lance infantry prior.

8 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Am I the only one who would be okay with Tharja or Linde being clones of Robin? His low lck stats makes him less suitable for Vanguard, essentially relegating one of the game's most fun movesets to support.

I can use him in Vanguard just fine.

11 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Am I the only one who would be okay with Tharja or Linde being clones of Robin? His low lck stats makes him less suitable for Vanguard, essentially relegating one of the game's most fun movesets to support.

I wouldn't mind with Linde being a clone per say, I just feel it would look out of place considering she is a light mage, and a light mage using Ruin seems odd.

I fully expect Tharja to be a Robin clone since A) both Plegian and B) she probably stalked Robin enough to clone his fighting style so yeah, so I don't mind and if I did I would expect it anyways.

Edited by Azz

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Oboro and Azura were both unique though in part due to having no lance infantry prior.

I prolly should have emphasized "at least" then

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

I wouldn't mind with Linde per say, I just feel it would look out of place considering she is a light mage, and a light mage using Ruin seems odd.

I fully expect Tharja to be a Robin clone since A) both Plegian and B) she probably stalked Robin enough to clone his fighting style so yeah, so I don't mind and if I did I would expect it anyways.

Also this