Shadow Dragon DLC images surface

Jedi

59 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

On the other hand, Ryoma and Hinoka got 2 new ones while Xander and Camilla got 0, Lianna's had one less than Rowan since the Fates DLC, and Sakura now has 1 more than Elise.  Edit: Counting things, Hinoka has 8 conversations to Camilla's 5, Ryoma and Xander now have the same number at 10, and Elise and Sakura now both have 7 (apparently I was misremembering).  Lianna and Rowan are still no longer equal.  It's still lopsided, just not as much as I initially thought.

I'm pretty certain they aren't trying to balance out the number of support conversations certain characters get in the DLC.

Early datamining showed some conversations that apparently got cut, notably Camilla with Cordelia (still wouldn't make her even with Hinoka, though), Lianna with Niles (which would have kept her even with Rowan), and Sakura with Niles.

I haven't seen any of the new conversations yet so maybe they make sense, but I'm kind of surprised by the abundance of supports with Hoshidans here, especially Hinoka, the least popular of them. Both Navarre and Minerva get Ryoma, Hinoka, and Sakura, yet there's no supports with the Awakening cast, characters who actually exist in the same universe but thousands of years later...

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, we don't know if Gungir will have some weird effect.

As much as I prefer using Cordelia over Hinoka and Caeda I kind of doubt Gungnir will get a seventh ability if Aura and Hauteclere didn't. Especially if they choose to base Gungnir from Awakening instead of Genealogy.

4 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

As much as I prefer using Cordelia over Hinoka and Caeda I kind of doubt Gungnir will get a seventh ability if Aura and Hauteclere didn't. Especially if they choose to base Gungnir from Awakening instead of Genealogy.

Yeah, it's unlikely, but not impossible. Though, if you really want to use Cordelia, it's not like she's unusable.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, it's unlikely, but not impossible. Though, if you really want to use Cordelia, it's not like she's unusable.

I never said Cordelia was bad, she works great with topsy-turvy. It's just that Caeda's stats and personal weapon makes her stand out among the Pegasus Knights.

2 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I never said Cordelia was bad, she works great with topsy-turvy. It's just that Caeda's stats and personal weapon makes her stand out among the Pegasus Knights.

I know, but in the end, this is still a Warriors game.

Also, I seem to find that Topsy-turvy is more likely to end poorly for me. 

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Why do you say this?

It seems that whenever I use it (Celica and Lianna for example) things seem to take longer to kill almost like resistance is the generally higher stat which seems weird. Sakura would be the main exception.

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I know, but in the end, this is still a Warriors game.

Also, I seem to find that Topsy-turvy is more likely to end poorly for me. 

Yeah, but for me if there is a way to finish a game faster or if there is a character/strategy that works better than the other options I usually take said speedier options. I'm not saying people have to use Caeda over Hinoka or Cordelia but its just how I play games these days. I am aware that people don't play the game the same way I do. Besides, I do try to make characters I like as optimal as possible.

I hope, if there''s ever a sequel or enhanced edition or just big game update, that they do more things like Rampage

Like what if Spellbane Yumi had Wing Slayer AND Tomebreaker (I'm aware the skill didnt come until the fates pack, stay with me here). What if each twin had something else mixed with beast slayer? Dragon slayer for Velzedark, for example.

In general the weapons getting extra skills, even if they didn't in their originals, would have been nice. Wo Dao & Oboro's Lance (based on the killer naginata iirc) with Critical+. Aura with Warrior+. Yato with Pair Up+. And so on.

2 hours ago, Florete said:

Early datamining showed some conversations that apparently got cut, notably Camilla with Cordelia (still wouldn't make her even with Hinoka, though), Lianna with Niles (which would have kept her even with Rowan), and Sakura with Niles.

I haven't seen any of the new conversations yet so maybe they make sense, but I'm kind of surprised by the abundance of supports with Hoshidans here, especially Hinoka, the least popular of them. Both Navarre and Minerva get Ryoma, Hinoka, and Sakura, yet there's no supports with the Awakening cast, characters who actually exist in the same universe but thousands of years later...

I'm pretty happy with the support conversations overall. I think they did a good job with the writing of them in all the ones I've seen, but they did a bizarrely shit job at balancing them, yes. Not that we necessarily needed it to be perfectly balanced, but there's definitely some characters getting the short end of the stick. I'm pretty disappointed that Linde doesn't have more, for example, and agree that it's super weird the Shadow Dragon characters don't have more Awakening character supports given that tidbit you mentioned that I bolded of them canonically being in the same universe.. literally the same continent. Hell, country. I'm pretty sure Ylisse is supposed to be Archanea. 

I guess they'll likely give Awakening characters supports with other Awakening characters. Though I'm starting to feel like the developers have a tad bit of Fates bias.

Edited by dmurr

Just a question to see if anyone tested it, but when using Staff flip on a weapon, if you get armour striked, does you Atk and Res decrease or you Def and Res?

10 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Um, does someone know how much Awakening gauge Linde's skill gives....???

50%

The twist is it only gives 50% on yellow gauges and never gives any during awakening. So everyone hoping for infinite Tiki is out of luck

36 minutes ago, r_n said:

50%

The twist is it only gives 50% on yellow gauges and never gives any during awakening. So everyone hoping for infinite Tiki is out of luck

Only on yellow gauges, huh...? That's completely contrary to what the Skills page said...

7 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Only on yellow gauges, huh...? That's completely contrary to what the Skills page said...

If you mean the Skills page on the wiki, that's the in-game description of the skill so something's amiss here.

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

If you mean the Skills page on the wiki, that's the in-game description of the skill so something's amiss here.

Yeah, that's what I was looking at.

Tiki infinities are still possible with quick wit, if you use her awakening finisher to break the stun gauge you get the half awakening restoration, it requires much more precision than is prefered but it is still doable. The same can be assumed for the rest of the characters.

Edited by thecrimsonflash