Blessed Gardens Mode

Water Mage

Now that we need to apply at least one water blessing (because of the missions), did you guys make progress with the blessing team building?

So far I only gave Siegbert the water blessing for the missions. Fjorm is fixed. I'd add Cherche, but she doesn't profit from the SPD boost. Perhaps Minerva? 

Also the name of the new mode is known: Blessed Gardens (and another one called Rival Domains). You could change the topic title @Water Mage

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I decided to hold off on those missions until the mode drops. So far, I think I might give winter Chrom an earth blessing and Lucina and winter Robin a water blessing.

That was my first thought as well. But I need the orbs and I want to do the missions together with the march missions. I still have 4 water blessings left, that's enough flexibility. 

I gave one Water blessing to Athena today. 
As for the other blessings. I still will decide later if the mode becomes available.
Maybe Axura, B!Lucina and Felicia/Genny (With that I have my full Infanterie emblem team together).

I've only given a water blessing to Ayra, which was to help my team score in AA a bit during water season a bit ago, and a spd boost + pairing with Fjorm all line up well for her. Luckily I happened to be able to do the water blessing quests with her thanks to that as well.

I'm going to wait until we get more info on the mode before committing any other blessings. It doesn't help I'd like to use some blessings on certain units but I don't really want to be stuck teaming them with X particular legendary hero, or the other way around. Like my Cherche would make out best with an Earth blessing, but I don't really think I'd want to be stuck teaming her with L Ike.. Perhaps the future heroes will cover the other stats within each blessing type, so you could have a water blessing, for example, and have it give +2 atk because that's what some hero down the line could add. And that really just makes it even more complicated to choose.. God forbid I later want to change a blessing and thus waste it.

Mainly just thinking of how to complete my water team for now. With Olivia and Bridelia the current holders, a tanky green would be the ideal next addition to the team, but who? Michalis is the current arena bonus unit and would fit the role, but he's inferior as a general purpose unit to Dorcas and my shiny new Bike. That leaves six more water blessings to distribute when the new mode opens.

For the sake of a good balance, I'm thinking, maybe one blade mage and one raven mage to handle the magic side, say Tharja and M Robin. (Oh god, I didn't intend to pair them up here, I swear) From here it opens up for the last three or four slots (depending on whether taking a healer to the new mode is desirable). I'm thinking Fae for countering magic that Fjorm can't, Ephraim as an offensive and more physical lancer (and to buff Tharja who he's S-supported with) and uh, regular Ike maybe? Or possibly one of the Tikis. Final slot for a dagger or healer.

As for the other elements, I just got Horse Ephraim so the fire blessings will initially all go to horses, naturally. Say Xander, Reinhardt, Lilina, Lyn, Clarine. I don't have Gunnthra but she takes the other half of the horses, Sigurd, Camus, Cecilia and a couple others. Earth I think will house my primary Dragon team. The trickiest part for now might be deciding where Flier emblem goes because there's every chance of a Legendary flier being added soon.

I had already given Nowi the water blessing as soon as Fjorm dropped and just used her to do all the water blessing quests.  I still have all the other free blessings handed out plus an extra 2 fires from the last legendary banner.  I don't have Gunnthra or Ephraim so I hope it doesn't required them in the team.

Have all four legendary heroes now. Current blessing assignments:

Water - BK, Christmas Robin, Hector, Caeda, Valter

Wind - Brave Roy, Ursula, Brave Lyn

Earth - Zephiel, Grima

Fire - Xander, L'Arachel, Frederick

Planning on assigning another Water blessing to either Narcian or (regular) Camilla when I get more, and I'm planning on giving my third Earth blessing to Hardin if I get him soon or Valentine's Eliwood if I don't. My Wind team needs some sturdier units so I'm planning on adding some combination of Sigurd/Oscar/Titania, depending on how many more Wind blessings I get in the near future since I don't want to run out.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Now that we need to apply at least one water blessing (because of the missions), did you guys make progress with the blessing team building?

So far I only gave Siegbert the water blessing for the missions. Fjorm is fixed. I'd add Cherche, but she doesn't profit from the SPD boost. Perhaps Minerva? 

Also the name of the new mode is known: Blessed Gardens (and another one called Rival Domains). You could change the topic title @Water Mage

Changed the name.

Think I’m gonna wait until we see more to distribute the blessings.

is it coming tomorrow?

Well I gave out one of each blessing to my armor team, BK has water, C!Robin has wind, C!Chrom has earth and H!Henry has fire.  My armor team is my go to team for missions so I now have one good team ready to go for this mode, I will hold off on using the rest of my blessings until I see who else would be good for this mode.

28 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Changed the name.

Think I’m gonna wait until we see more to distribute the blessings.

is it coming tomorrow?

It'll probably be released alongside the next New Heroes banner in about a week.

My current Water Blessing team is:

Arvis - With water blessing, Fury, and Spd+3 Seal he gets 41 spd! Pair that with 52 Atk, 37 Res and the debuffs he is very good!
Fjorm - Needed to give the Blessing boost.
Raven - I really like Raven as a character, and his stats are really good thanks to Basilikos! 46 spd without other skills is nothing to laugh at!
??? - still deciding what Colorless unit to give a Water Blessing. Lucius is my first choice, but I might use PA!Olivia for dance utility.

Training up VaIke now, so I'll decide on a team for him later. I don't have Gunnthra or LEphraim, so not worrying about those yet, but will start planning on who to give blessings to.

5 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

Arvis - With water blessing, Fury, and Spd+3 Seal he gets 41 spd! Pair that with 52 Atk, 37 Res and the debuffs he is very good!

Arvis could go on my Gunnthrá team, since she profits from debuffed opponents. Alternatively I could give her a full Cav team. 

Marisa has a ice affinity so I'm going to give her the water blessing and train her up. Raven is the same which gives me the triangle. I might think about using one on a healer as well.

Edit: wait, Raven might not be.

Edited by Zelgius

Eh, can't say I'm super looking forward to this, but at least they're giving out lots of blessings.

Already gave Rein and Lyn water blessings just for the score boost. In retrospect, probably not that best idea and I may switch them to earth since they're S supported and Rein would really prefer the attack boost to speed, even if Lyn would like speed, and for color coverage. Don't know that I care that much though. Will have to see if it's worth it.

Sigurd has wind, which again, isn't ideal, but again, not sure it's worth changing. He's probably be better off with water, or Eliwood. Plus I.habe some weird fondness for Sigurd x Gunnthra.

Overall, it seems like they'll be giving out plenty so I might just give the new ones to people who make sense and leave the rest where they are.

Just gave Nino a water blessing for the missions. Nino would enjoy the speed boost I will probably also give Eirika water blessing when the new mode comes. It seems like she would also enjoy the boost. As for the others? Haven't quite decided. I feel like a lot of fast swords would enjoy a speed boost over any others which doesn't give me a whole lot of choice

Nothing could possibly go wrong with my earth blessed Heroes:

L!Ike, Odin, Leon, Lucius, and LA!Eliwood

I’m lacking a green to make a team with color diversity but I can’t decide between Soren or Inigo.

It’s probably gonna consist of battling but I wonder what’s the chance of IS throwing a curveball here and it turns out to be something completely different like the Tap Battles

See... this new mode causes me problems... I like the idea of forcing players to build multiple teams to endure what's likely very difficult challenges and promote using and pulling for these legendary heroes. But it also... makes it difficult to construct teams properly. It's limiting especially if you want to use the Hero themselves (ex. Why give a Sword unit an Earth blessing when you'll have to Field Ike?) My initial idea was to field my main team Matt/Inigo/Ayra/Genny with all Fire blessings since I don't have Ephraim and they're a team that can handle just about anything. But now I've blessed Matthew with the Water Blessing and field him with Fjorm and taking that from him will drop my Arena score. 

My only water blessed allies are Matthew and S!Frederick. Matthew may not want to keep the water Blessing and S!Frederick is my only other promoted Dagger unit and he debuffs all 4 stats which is something Gunnthra wants so ideally he should swap that out for a Wind blessing and run with her. Then there's my other units and what to do with them. I really don't want to split my team up but it seems silly not to run the Legendary heroes in their mode when I have them. Gonna toss around some ideas I guess.

Water: - Fjorm/Chrom/B!Ike/Serra: This team benefits because the HP boost is great and Serra could use the extra speed. Problem is B!Ike and Chrom don't really care about speed and Chrom is forced to become Ike or Serra's partner (since the two of them will likely run on my AA team as a result as well and that undermines his future partner that will probably run Drive/Spur DEF/RES on him. I just hate wasting resources on temporary things. Not to mention there's no ranged unit but Serra on this team and that can be a big problem.

Wind - Gunnthra/S!Frederick/Y!Tiki/Nowi: S!Frederick would provide the debuffs Gunnthra so desperately needs and the S Supported Dragons wreck things together. Mia and Lute would probably be the other two options for those colors. Thing is there's no healer now and I don't know what this mode is going to be like and there isn't a single offensive nuke on this team.

Earth - L!Ike/Reinhardt/B!Cordelia/PA!Azura - The idea of this team is to capitalize on the ATK Bonus that Earth gives while using a mixed team to get DEF tactic going. Only issue is that #1: Matthew can't be ran with the earth blessing as he and Ike could potentially be (normal) arena staples soon and #2: The units getting the DEF boost basically never want to get attacked to begin with.

Fire: Matthew/Inigo/Ayra/Genny - The only team that doesn't have boosts, but one that doesn't need them. This team can pretty much demolish whatever comes their way. Only thing is Matthew wants boosts for Arena scores and not only will I probably not ever run Ephraim in my main arena team, but if I do get him then that completely throws the team composition off (if I actually want to use him in the mode).

With how limited the blessings are. These decisions will be long standing and that makes this tough... @Ice Dragon @Hawk King any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Anyone know the exact date? I really hope it's before Ephraim disappears so I can get orbs to get him.

Exact Date is unknown, but it will be early March.

New Heroes come March 8th, VG and GHB Takumi end the 7th, so my best guess is around then.

Which is after the Legendary Banner ends.

Nothing is known, so it could come as soon as this Saturday, or around the 8th.