FE: Switch Asks?

Heruseus

One thing? Ah... That's difficult. There's so many things I could say (A proper story, far less blatant/ridiculous fanservice, light magic, a character with autism, better-written support conversations, fully fleshed out characters that aren't one-quirk wonders, and several other things). 

Trying to decide which one I most want to see in FE Switch is near-impossible... Ah; why is this so difficult?

Okay; I've given each thing that I want in FE Switch a number. The next person to post, please quote this and post a random number between 1 and 15. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want support conversations to be OUT OF BATTLE.

seriously, your in the middle of a war zone!! Who has time for a casual conversation about I don't know cooking or something she. You are FIGHTING FOR YOUR LIVES!!!?

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

4 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

One thing? Ah... That's difficult. There's so many things I could say (A proper story, far less blatant/ridiculous fanservice, light magic, a character with autism, better-written support conversations, fully fleshed out characters that aren't one-quirk wonders, and several other things). 

Trying to decide which one I most want to see in FE Switch is near-impossible... Ah; why is this so difficult?

Okay; I've given each thing that I want in FE Switch a number. The next person to post, please quote this and post a random number between 1 and 15. 

14 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Thank you. Now just to remember which one I assigned the number 7...

Oh; I remember. A final boss villain who is human. The only one we've had so far is Ashnard (unless you count possessed Takumi), and a villain who is human would be a great refresher after two senile dragon final bosses in a row, a fell dragon before those two, and Medeus in the two games before that.

• 3 weeks later...

More diversity in weapon types. I miss the multiple Fire, Wind, Light, Dark, and Lightning tomes, a wide assortment in swords, axes, lances and bows. Such as the Slim weapons, the Standard weapon of whatever, Heavy variants (i.e. Iron/Steel/Silver Blade Swords, Halberds and Poleaxes, Greatlances, Heavy Spears, Master Swords, Short Blades. Various kinds of crossbows, bows and long bows. Siege Tomes of various kinds, I want to see the Wind Edge, Storm Edge and Tempest Blade again but expanded to the other elements like Dark and Fire.

There are other things I would like to see as well but I think the biggest one is probably more weapon diversity I miss the diversity and creativity that a lot of the older games had with their extensive amount of weapon types.

Since this is gonna be on the switch and it'll have way more power than the handhelds...

I want a HUGE game. Hours of playable content, good graphics, I want light magic back, more variety in weapons, better supports, voice acting is always a plus but not needed.

WORLD BUILDING!!!! WELL WRITTEN CHARACTERS!!! (for that matter give us fewer so they can actually flesh them out and we won't have as many useless characters *looking at you Meg*)

Seriously, this will be the system capable of handling the most from an FE game, make it live up to that IS!

On 2/8/2018 at 8:13 PM, Heruseus said:

Yeah Hidari did some awesome work. They even made the Vocaloids into Echoes characters.

ACF08988-BBDB-4C67-BB3D-81CAC835547A.jpeg

I really like the Pink-Haired one to Miku's right costume. It's a good idea for a dancer. It sort of reminds me of Lene's- a more polished, detailed version of Lene's dancer garb.

I'd really like a self contained world. Basically Magevl but better. Magvel was interesting, but due to a lack of world building it wasn't amazing. Like we only know two of the heroes names, wtf. Also, I want to walk away from Archanea. I love Archanea, but I don't see much more you can do with it. Seeing as this game is on the Switch, there is so much potential to have a well built world like Tellius, or Archanea pre-Awkaneing (No shade to Awakening, but current day Archanea-Ylisse has really little world building). Also if they fuck up in the world department, it doesn't drag down another world with it.

Guest Dreamyboi

I've already said things like "Good Writing" and "No Child Units/S Supports" even though I honestly can't count on either of those things happening if we're being realistic so I'll say something original for a change.

Personally I'd love it if either the music team from Fates made a return or if Keiichi Okabe (along with Nier Automata's other composers) did the soundtrack. I mean just listen to this: 

Edited by Dreamyboi

A nice story, well written characters, and a final boss that isn't some evil god like dragon 

of course that last one probably won't happen. And I can look past a mediocre story if I like the characters. 

Honestly given the track record for switch games so far, I don't think we will be dissapointed. At least I hope not.

Guest Dreamyboi
46 minutes ago, Jave said:

Fates' Weapon system. Please never bring durability back.

As long as it's better balanced than in Fates I totally wouldn't mind this.

On 3/16/2018 at 9:41 PM, Jave said:

Fates' Weapon system. Please never bring durability back.

A twist on the durability mechanic: Weapon repair kits now exist and are readily available in armories. 

Edited by ElectiveToast

An OPTION to have set level ups.  Aka, if I played the game, used no stat boosters 100 times, the main character would get the same stat gains each level, each 100 times i played it.

Ideally I'd like the stats to gain "xp" equal to the characters growth each level, after 100 xp you gain a point in that stat.  So 75% strength gain, no gain first level, gain one point each level after that until you don't gain one at level 5.

This could be expanded, no character has to start at 0 on the gain, and maybe have a little bar beneath the stat to show you where it was at.  Maybe weapons/rings that affected your gain per level, along with classes affecting your growth rate!  SO MUCH REPLAY, and you are taking away the one part (in my opinion) where the RNG is most annoying.  It's bad enough when the enemy hits you 3 times in a row with only 10% hit chance, but then when you finally level and only gain one hit point!!?!! WTF man!  I HATE RNG level-up!!!!

Again, make this an option, as I know a LOT of people like them.

Options! A bit vague but Avatar options, though I would prefer if the Avatar wasn't the main character, but sort of like Avatar Creation akin to FE12, Heroes of Light and Shadow, where you are more of a support character to the main lord, and can pick its class. While I love how you could reclass the Avatar in Fates, being a main character and by default the Lord of the series and thus having a Legendary weapon, generally meant you were rocking a class with sword access all the time....