FE: Switch Asks?

Heruseus

Guest Dreamyboi

One thing I'd LOVE to see specifically is a new type of villain, one that isn't just another Mad King/Demon Dragon/Possessed Sorcerer

Like I said before I think the series could benefit from an antagonist who opposes the protagonists either for their own well intentioned goals or idealogical difference, it'd be much more interesting and entertaining than just another possessed sorcerer or another mad king or another motherfucking demon dragon. I hate to bring up Fates again but if it didn't resort to the lazy plot devices like demon dragons or possession then we could have gotten a conflict that wasn't so one sided and lame and the plot's BIG DECISION wouldn't have been a joke.

It just seems like a massive waste of potential to do the same thing over and over.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I'd really like for FE Swhitch is a way to make our fav characters a little more present in the story.

There was so many characters in Fates that besides the Royals and Corrin's "retainers" the characters had no impact on the story.

In awakening, the pairing system allowed some alternative scenes, like Lucina and her mother, or Robin's wife/husband's reaction to your choices at the end of the games. It was the first time I saw this way of giving your favourite characters and pairing a reaction to the plot, and I really loved it.

In fates there was so many occasions to do that, but there was only a tiny sequence where your team talked but nothing important. I was also very surprised that the final sequence was with Corrin and Azura, with no mention of Azura's husband !

In Echoes talking to the characters in the village to see their reaction to what was happening was a nice touch, and there was something similar in PoR if I remember correctly.

• 2 months later...