How to play FEH on PC (Windows only)

mental_offence

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, FE Crisis said:

I've downloaded the latest heroes update on memu but when i try to open it up it will just close it out right away. help pls.

So the problem started after updating apk or downloading game data? In first case be sure that you've downloaded x86 version of FEH apk - arm won't work. If problem occures after downloading game data - just uninstall and install FEH again and redownload all data.

4 hours ago, Junior Z said:

Just wanted to pop in say thank you to @mental_offence for maintaining this thread for months on end and patiently answering/helping us all :D:

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Sorry for bothering you with my problems, but at this point I'm helpless.

I have downloaded all three files from the front page (memu-3-3-0-2.exe, Memu-Lolipop-rc5.exe, and MicroG111-Blank.ova) and installed both MEmu and Lolipop. 

Next, I tried to import  MicroG111-Blank using Multi-MEmu (MemuConsole) but every time importing comes to 100% it just displays "import error" 

I'm also very new to this whole emulation, so sorry if this problem turns out to be trivial.

7 hours ago, Mezarus said:

Sorry for bothering you with my problems, but at this point I'm helpless.

I have downloaded all three files from the front page (memu-3-3-0-2.exe, Memu-Lolipop-rc5.exe, and MicroG111-Blank.ova) and installed both MEmu and Lolipop. 

Next, I tried to import  MicroG111-Blank using Multi-MEmu (MemuConsole) but every time importing comes to 100% it just displays "import error" 

I'm also very new to this whole emulation, so sorry if this problem turns out to be trivial.

Uninstall and install MEmu again, install lollipop after that and try importing again. If the same error appears then try to import this ova file and tell if it works or not. If not - then MEmu isn't compatible with your system, use Bluestacks instead.

Huuuuuh... It... Worked...? 

I did what You said, uninstalled, (by the way, I foud that for some reason Microvirt file was in local disc D, also is this normal that i can't delete MEmuDrv.sys?) installed again (this time in C),

tried to import ova...

and failed.

But I saw that MEmu has its own ova in the main file, so i dumped MicroG there. And it worked this time. For... Some... Reason...  Now in the MEmuConsole its called MEmu1 - Imported.

I have downloaded FEH and it's working fine, exept for really minor sound glitches, and that video from the beginning could't play.

But the game is in very playable state and only this matters because, oh man, we wasted too much time trying to get it to work.

Thank you for the help and patience.

20 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Following this topic for months, I'm admiring your patience and willingness to help @mental_offence.

Great stuff, will try the rooted variant for the first time to record videos with audio soon. 

I believe it'd be easier to use some screen capturing software for Windows, like OBS Studio for example. While it's mainly used for streaming it still can be used to record video with audio included in many variations of formats and quality.

7 hours ago, mental_offence said:

I believe it'd be easier to use some screen capturing software for Windows, like OBS Studio for example. While it's mainly used for streaming it still can be used to record video with audio included in many variations of formats and quality.

Tried OSB studios some months ago, but I was not able to fade out the application border of Memu. 

Good day! Thanks for the guide.It's been working absolutely well for me—until I try logging in to my actual Nintendo account, that is.

I've been playing on my Android phone this whole time, and I wanted to offload play to my laptop while I'm at home. I used the Bluestacks method and it works fine for FEH, save a couple of crashes every time I try opening the app through Bluestacks. (It just randomly works after a couple of attempts, but more often than not FEH just crashes after the three Google Play Store prompts and before the title screen even appears.)

I attempted a few rolls on a fresh unlinked account just to test things out, and now I want to actually sign in to my Nintendo account to import the data from my phone. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and tried linking the account once I got to the title screen. The app instantly exits every time I do this; reopening FEH leads me to the login page anyway. I can't press the Sign In button for some reason, despite already entering the correct login credentials, so I sidetracked the button by logging in through Twitter. Again FEH exits back to the Bluestacks home screen, so I open it again and it appears that I can finally select my Nintendo account to import my data—only to find out that clicking the "Select this person" button leads me to an ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME prompt and Error 803-3107. Turns out I can't get through the final step to link my Nintendo account, and I have no idea how to bypass it.

I tried opening the Bluestacks' built-in browser app and logged into my Nintendo account through there, then setting that browser as the default app for opening links, but it still didn't work. The app still exits back to the home screen every time it opens an in-game browser window, and reopening FEH just brings it back to the "Select this person" page, but clicking it leads me to the same Unknown URL Scheme error.

I'm very sorry if this appears too long a message—I just wanted to describe the steps I took fully, just in case the error lies somewhere else in my process. I'd very much appreciate any help I can get in this matter,  and thanks again for the guide!

@deoxys101 Did you try installing another browser? 

On 28.9.2018 at 3:11 PM, mental_offence said:

FEH uses web browser to link nintendo account, so it opens the preinstalled one automatically. People mentioned this problem several times already and installing another browser helps in most cases.

On 10/11/2018 at 5:37 AM, mampfoid said:

@deoxys101 Did you try installing another browser? 

Very sorry! I've been out for some time.

I tried it with Chrome, with little to no success. I wasn't able to try it with other browsers since I already adapted the game as a secondary instead of an access point for my main. In any case, thanks a bunch for the suggestion; I'll be sure to try that out once I muster the effort to download everything again.

Hi there! Just passing by to add a random bit of info and to thanks @mental_offence again, seriously, thanks a lot for your dedication and help.

Yesterday to play Dragalia on BlueStacks, I had to turn on back Google Pay Services. I forgot to turn it off to play FEH today and got the awful Error 803-3001 -which also killed Dragalia, somehow-. Turned off GP services to see if if the error would go away, but nope. I used a back up I had around and somehow the error was still present both in FEH and Dragalia.

So I made a back up of the"Android" folder inside the "Engine" folder on the Bluestacks installation root and uninstalled everything Bluestacks related, cleaned up temp archives and registry with Ccleaner. Restarted the PC and installed Bluestacks again, then overwrited the new Android folder with the back up of the old installation -which is also rooted- and vualá! everything is back to normal, even Bluestacks is working faster now.

Also, doing this also works to install the game on different computers, just tried on another PC and it seems to work, even with both Bluestacks instances opened the same time, useful to share the game without the need to re-download everything again. It's seems to work like the Memu OVA, though is heavier and I don't really know what else may trigger, so have caution while doing so.

That's all, a quick fix if ever someone finds itself on my situation. Good luck!

Hello, I'm new here and I'm trying to play FEH on my pc, I do not speak English completely so I'll try to be clear.

I completed all the steps on the first page:

MEmu 3.3.0.2 installed.
MicroG111-Blank.ova imported.
FEH x86 version downloaded from apk mirror because in the app store only variations appear but not the game.

the emulator works but when I enter the game it does not reach the title screen when the message "Unfortunately, Fire Emblem Heroes has stopped" appears.

Try tips how to disable google play services but it just does not work.
try other emulators s
uch as bluestacks and nox player but the same message always appears.

feh stopped.png

On 15/10/2018 at 11:27 AM, mental_offence said:

Make sure that you've downloaded x86 version of FEH apk. Also FEH won't work on amd cpus.

i got a intel(R) Core (TM) i3-2100 CPU @3.10GHz,  with this could work for me?

Edited by ud mutsurini

19 minutes ago, ud mutsurini said:

MEmu 3.3.0.2 installed.
MicroG111-Blank.ova imported.
FEH x86 version downloaded from apk mirror because in the app store only variations appear but not the game.

Did you install " Lollipop for MEmu" before importing MicroG? FEH only works on this one. Also, check the other pages in the thread, a lot of people had this same problem, one of their solutions may work. Outside of that, sorry I can't help you, I use Bluestacks so I don't really know how to approach this.

Also yes, your CPU should work, and since Memu starts, that means you have Virtualization ON too.

Edited by Neoragex

35 minutes ago, Neoragex said:

Did you install " Lollipop for MEmu" before importing MicroG? FEH only works on this one. Also, check the other pages in the thread, a lot of people had this same problem, one of their solutions may work. Outside of that, sorry I can't help you, I use Bluestacks so I don't really know how to approach this.

Also yes, your CPU should work, and since Memu starts, that means you have Virtualization ON too.

ty for answer, yeah i installed lollipop succesfully before import the ova, also I read several post, I have changed the time, I have disabled the services of play store, try to change to Spain vpn to be able to download FEH from the pay store and it still does not appear, with other emulators the same error appears.

1 hour ago, ud mutsurini said:

feh stopped.png

That's certainly not a 3.3.0.2 version of MEmu on your screenshot. Uninstall MEmu fully and install older version.

1 hour ago, Neoragex said:

So I made a back up of the"Android" folder inside the "Engine" folder on the Bluestacks installation root and uninstalled everything Bluestacks related, cleaned up temp archives and registry with Ccleaner. Restarted the PC and installed Bluestacks again, then overwrited the new Android folder with the back up of the old installation -which is also rooted- and vualá! everything is back to normal, even Bluestacks is working faster now.

Well, I suppose it works, but there's a faster solution - clear data of feh in settings or uninstall and install game again if unrooted, or delete deviceAccount file if rooted. Either way after redownloading all data there'll be no 803-3001 error.

Keeping the backup folder though is certainly an interesting idea, may be useful for some people.

Edited by mental_offence