How to play FEH on PC (Windows only)

mental_offence

On 20.10.2018 at 9:04 PM, FE Crisis said:

@mental_offence

I've got feh to work on bluestacks but after about a day it gives me error code: 801-3001. how can i fix this?

You didn't disable all apps listed in the guide.

On 20.10.2018 at 3:33 PM, Arialia said:

Thanks a lot for this topic , works fine , too bad is not working on last Memu version ( current is 5.6 ) , do you think it could work if upgrade Memu to his last version ?

You know, after your message I just wanted to check this new version of MEmu, so I've installed it, installed FEH on preinstalled ova (which is android 5.1) and well... it worked? I was confused at first, but apparently it's a thing! It just worked for whatever reason with no extra work. The only problem I'm facing is that it lags tremendously for me, but it may not be a case for you.
I also tried launching FEH on android 7.1 instance, but it didn't work there.

I need someone to test it out. Install newest MEmu, install FEH and see if it works or not. Do not connect your FEH account though even if it works - all google apps are still there.

Edited by mental_offence

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, mental_offence said:

I need someone to test it out. Install newest MEmu, install FEH and see if it works or not. Do not connect your FEH account though even if it works - all google apps are still there

Ok, I would follow these 4 steps, but would use the newest MUmu version in step 1 instead? 

On 8.2.2018 at 3:23 AM, mental_offence said:

Instructions are quite simple:

1. Download and install MEmu 3.3.0.2.
  2. Download and install Lollipop for MEmu.
  3. Download MicroG111-Blank.ova. Open Multi-MEmu, press Import and choose downloaded ova file. You can make a shortcut to desktop by pressing arrow button.
  4. Start the ova you imported just now. Now you can either launch Play Store, sign in and download FEH from there (also you can get updates from Play Store), or if you don't want to sign in you can download newest apk of FEH (x86 version) and install it, but you'll have to download new apk of FEH every time new update is out.
    If you encounter problems trying to link nintendo account then use any other browser instead of preinstalled one.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Ok, I would follow these 4 steps, but would use the newest MUmu version in step 1 instead? 

Nope. Just newest MEmu and FEH immediately after that. If it indeed works I'll make new ova with microg.

Edited by mental_offence

3 hours ago, mental_offence said:

Nope. Just newest MEmu and FEH immediately after that. If it indeed works I'll make new ova with microg.

I did this: Downloaded MEmu 5.6.2.1 and installed it over my memu-3-3-0-2. Started the new standard VM and installed the FEH 2.10 apk, which wouldn't run. It tells me the app can't be started. 

But now this: I tried to start my old FEH2.3full.ova (never upgraded to the new rooted one, I believe it doesn't have microG) and it still runs FEH 2.10: 

775DNR5.png

/Edit: Playing two seven maps in TTs, I must say it runs smother and also the sound doesn't lag anymore. 

Edited by mampfoid

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I did this: Downloaded MEmu 5.6.2.1 and installed it over my memu-3-3-0-2. Started the new standard VM and installed the FEH 2.10 apk, which wouldn't run. It tells me the app can't be started. 

But now this: I tried to start my old FEH2.3full.ova (never upgraded to the new rooted one, I believe it doesn't have microG) and it still runs FEH 2.10: 

New installer didn't do anything for me, either because I used online installer or in my case the older version of MEmu was installed in "Program Files (x86)" folder, but on default it will install in "Program Files" folder - so I had to uninstall old version before installing newest one. Check it for yourself, you may now have 2 separate versions of MEmu installed in 2 different folders on your pc.

FEH not working on default instance and working on older one in your case is confusing. Why does it work for me then just out of the box? I even tried both versions (arm and x86) and both do work.

This certainly needs more testing from other people. If anyone can help - please do. I made an ova for new MEmu with FEH preinstalled and disabled google apps. All you need to do is to install newest MEmu (and delete old one before doing that), download this ova, import it, launch FEH, press enable and get back 3 times and see if it works for you or not. (btw when it asks you to choose launcher use trebuchet)

Edited by mental_offence

53 minutes ago, mental_offence said:

New installer didn't do anything for me, either because I used online installer or in my case the older version of MEmu was installed in "Program Files (x86)" folder, but on default it will install in "Program Files" folder - so I had to uninstall old version before installing newest one. Check it for yourself, you may now have 2 separate versions of MEmu installed in 2 different folders on your pc.

When I installed MEmu 3.3 last year, I changed the installation directory to "d:\program files", because my SSD isn't that big. I didn't change any setting while installing the new version (with the offline installer). There is no new folder (in neither "c:\program files" nor "c:\program files (x86)"), so I'm assuming the old version was overwritten (the path to the .exe files didn't change). 

What I didn't mention was that when starting FEH (with the old OVA) the google play services want to get re-enabled and I keep getting into the App info Dialog. I have to exit from there 3-4 times with the back button until the game would start (like you wrote it would with the new test ova). With the old version of MEmu I had to click away the small windows, but I never saw the App Info dialog. 

FEH not working on default instance and working on older one in your case is confusing. Why does it work for me then just out of the box? I even tried both versions (arm and x86) and both do work.

I only tried com.nintendo.zaba_2.10.0-306602_minAPI17(x86)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com, because I din't think the arm version could work. 

The new default OVA is running Andoid 4.4.4, is this the reason FEH fails to start? 

I tried it again, uninstalling FEH, linking Andoid to my google account and reinstalling FEH. Didn't work, the app won' start. 

This certainly needs more testing from other people. If anyone can help - please do. 

Perhaps you should ping some people who are using emulators? Everyone in this topic pings you when running into trouble ... 

I made an ova for new MEmu with FEH preinstalled and disabled google apps. All you need to do is to install newest MEmu (and delete old one before doing that), download this ova, import it, launch FEH, press enable and get back 3 times and see if it works for you or not. (btw when it asks you to choose launcher use trebuchet)

I tried that with my current installation (where I didn't uninstall old MEmu before) and I can start the app like in my old OVA. (First time I saw the lite version of FEH, audio is really bad). 

Could do other testing tomorrow evening (~21 hours). 

/Edit: Didn't try the microg111-blank.ova yet. Have to wait until I have access to my PC again. 

Edited by mampfoid

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

The new default OVA is running Andoid 4.4.4, is this the reason FEH fails to start?

I assumed that the default ova was of Android 5.1, atleast it was so for me. Yeah, FEH won't work on Android 4.4.4 at all.

Test ova worked for you which is based on default android 5.1 of new MEmu - this means FEH actually works without the need of importing outdated ovas, although I need someone else to confirn this. And after that I can actually update the topic with new info!

Perhaps @Junior Z, @Arialia and @Mezarus could help out? Perhaps it would be interesting for you to run the newest MEmu version as well? 

14 minutes ago, mental_offence said:

although I need someone else to confirn this. And after that I can actually update the topic with new info!

Thanks for your help!

This would need to be confirmed by some of you: 

1 hour ago, mental_offence said:

. I made an ova for new MEmu with FEH preinstalled and disabled google apps. All you need to do is to install newest MEmu (and delete old one before doing that), download this ova, import it, launch FEH, press enable and get back 3 times and see if it works for you or not. (btw when it asks you to choose launcher use trebuchet)

Edited by mampfoid

18 hours ago, mental_offence said:

This certainly needs more testing from other people. If anyone can help - please do. I made an ova for new MEmu with FEH preinstalled and disabled google apps. All you need to do is to install newest MEmu (and delete old one before doing that), download this ova, import it, launch FEH, press enable and get back 3 times and see if it works for you or not. (btw when it asks you to choose launcher use trebuchet)

this is the 1st time i'm installing MEMU on my PC. i try this method and my result is i can get into game and finish the tutorial but while trying to get free summon 5* hero got error "communications error has occurred". after that i cannot get into the game anymore. btw i need to enable google play service in order to launch FIRE EMBLEM, if i don't enable it, it just coming back to google play service setting whenever i click fire emblem.

Screenshot_2018-10-24-00-26-50.png

Edited by zen

23 minutes ago, zen said:

this is the 1st time i'm installing MEMU on my PC. i try this method and my result is i can get into game and finish the tutorial but while trying to get free summon 5* hero got error "communications error has occurred". after that i cannot get into the game anymore. btw i need to enable google play service in order to launch FIRE EMBLEM, if i don't enable it, it just coming back to google play service setting whenever i click fire emblem.

Screenshot_2018-10-24-00-26-50.png

Basically if you try to launch FEH after disabling all google related apps it'll ask to enable play services, so you just press "enable" and then back button. Repeat this two times and you'll be able to play FEH after that.

Well now the fact that FEH is working on new MEmu is more or less confirned I can update instructions in the topic and I'll do that in next few hours. Thanks to everyone who tested this!

There's a little problem though. They changed the way ovas are extracted and imported, so even if you delete some system apps they'll be installed again after importing. This makes impossible to create ova with microg, so it won't be available for now.

On 8.2.2018 at 3:23 AM, mental_offence said:

Thanks to @mampfoid, @darketernity, @zen and this guy 1.jpg.486d38163d7a87fa95bfa81b1d25b78e.jpg for testing FEH on new MEmu.

Glad it helped, keep up the good work! 

1 hour ago, mental_offence said:

There's a little problem though. They changed the way ovas are extracted and imported, so even if you delete some system apps they'll be installed again after importing. This makes impossible to create ova with microg, so it won't be available for now.

microg is needed for root and to update from the playstore, right? 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

microg is needed for root and to update from the playstore, right? 

MEmu is prerooted, you can enable/disable root in MEmu settings.

MicroG is mostly for skipping this "enable google services" error, also it makes in-game shop usable. 

1 minute ago, mental_offence said:

MEmu is prerooted, you can enable/disable root in MEmu settings.

MicroG is mostly for skipping this "enable google services" error, also it makes in-game shop usable. 

Ok, thanks. 

Your ovas are modified default MeMu ovas, right? So no chance to get an Android 7/8 in the medium term?

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ok, thanks. 

Your ovas are modified default MeMu ovas, right? So no chance to get an Android 7/8 in the medium term?

I assume that they recently updated kernel or added some new ways to mask 5.1 version of MEmu as actual android device which somehow made FEH playable.

So if something similar will happen to 7.1 version - we'll be able to use it too. Not sure how long it will take for them to update it though.

32 minutes ago, mental_offence said:

So if something similar will happen to 7.1 version - we'll be able to use it too. Not sure how long it will take for them to update it though.

I didn't find a 7.1 version at all, but I'd like to try it. 

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I didn't find a 7.1 version at all, but I'd like to try it. 

Uh, I didn't phrase it right, I meant android 7.1 of current MEmu version.

You can choose version of Android when creating new instance.

Edited by mental_offence

24 minutes ago, mental_offence said:

Uh, I didn't phrase it right, I meant android 7.1 of current MEmu version.

You can choose version of Android when creating new instance.

Yeah, I also meant the Android version, but didn't find an ova. Didn't think of creating a new instance, thanks! 

/edit:  Created an 7.1 instance and installed the FEH apk. The app starts, but stops after 2-3 seconds. No luck this time

/Edit: Ok, didn't disable gapps. Which are important? 

@mental_offence

Edited by mampfoid

32 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, I also meant the Android version, but didn't find an ova. Didn't think of creating a new instance, thanks! 

/edit:  Created an 7.1 instance and installed the FEH apk. The app starts, but stops after 2-3 seconds. No luck this time

/Edit: Ok, didn't disable gapps. Which are important? 

@mental_offence

It won't work. It even manages to generate new account (you can see id at the bottom left corner), but then it'll just crash. Basically the same thing happened on android 5.1 on previous versions of MEmu.

22 hours ago, mental_offence said:

I finally figured out a way to import instance with MicroG to latest MEmu. It's a little harder than just importing ova, but still easy enough. I've updated instructions in the topic.

I tried the MicroG Version with the updated instructions and it works: the app starts without the usual play services error. Very nice, thank you. 

(Don't want to use root and I don't want to link my google account (sorry), otherwise I would check the in-game shop for you.)

• 2 weeks later...