How to play FEH on PC (Windows only)

mental_offence

Having an issue with memu saying "Drive component error detected" and "Memu failed to start, please reboot the computer and try again or reinstall the latest version." The thing is that I have rebooted my computer and I did completely reinstall and I keep getting this error. I'm not sure why though. The only thing that's changed is there was a recent windows update.

Update: For some reason after uninstalling and reinstalling three times it started working again. However, I received the dreaded 803-3001 error this time. I'm using the 7.1 import along with the new MircoG that you posted. I uninstalled FEH and reinstalled and worked again for a while, but the 803-3001 error keeps coming back.

Edited by Dnarris

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dnarris said:

I'm using the 7.1 import along with the new MircoG that you posted. I uninstalled FEH and reinstalled and worked again for a while, but the 803-3001 error keeps coming back.

If I understood correctly you reinstalled MEmu, replaced image files and imported the 7.1 ova you exported earlier. Problem is - for whatever reason if you try to import 7.1 instance - it will end out as 5.1. At this point you can't properly export 7.1 instance - that's exactly why there's no disabled google apps for Android 7.1 option in the topic.

So if you want to use Android 7.1 - you have to create new instance and redownload everything again.

Edited by mental_offence

3 hours ago, mental_offence said:

If I understood correctly you reinstalled MEmu, replaced image files and imported the 7.1 ova you exported earlier. Problem is - for whatever reason if you try to import 7.1 instance - it will end out as 5.1. At this point you can't properly export 7.1 instance - that's exactly why there's no disabled google apps for Android 7.1 option in the topic.

So if you want to use Android 7.1 - you have to create new instance and redownload everything again.

I'm not sure I'm understanding at the moment. 

I completely uninstalled Memu, reinstalled Memu, then downloaded the new image files, replaced them in image 71, imported a 7.1 instance, and used the latest APK. 

I still have to create a new instance and redownload what?

The problem is 

3 hours ago, Dnarris said:

imported a 7.1 instance

Due to unknown reason if you try to import 7.1 instance - it'll convert to 5.1. They changed the way the ova is imported and now it doesn't just copy and paste all files from ova - system files are copied from files in image folder. And since image files for 5.1 are original ones - you get all google apps back.

Edited by mental_offence

5 minutes ago, mental_offence said:

The problem is 

Due to unknown reason if you try to import 7.1 instance - it'll convert to 5.1. They changed the way the ova is imported and now it doesn't just copy and paste all files from ova - system files are copied from files in image folder. And since image files for 5.1 are original ones - you get all google apps back.

Ah, okay. I'm just going to stick with 5.1 then. Thanks, @mental_offence

Hey, thanks for your work mental_offence

I tried installing MEmu with fire emblem heroes, and while I got it to run with the Lite version (300mb download), I was never able to get it to run with the normal version of the game, as the download always stopped at around 80%, no matter how often I tried. Do you maybe know a solution to that or a reason why there are struggles with this >1gb download? What usually happens when the download stops is

• The game and MEmu completly freeze
  • Or the Android logo appear (probably restart I guess) and I'm sent back to the Home screen

Edit1: On BlueStacks it works without this however, just tried. Thanks

Edit2: Somehow BlueStacks crashes on my PC within 5mins of using it. Unlucky, guess nothing works for me

Edited by SuluX

11 hours ago, SuluX said:

Hey, thanks for your work mental_offence

I tried installing MEmu with fire emblem heroes, and while I got it to run with the Lite version (300mb download), I was never able to get it to run with the normal version of the game, as the download always stopped at around 80%, no matter how often I tried. Do you maybe know a solution to that or a reason why there are struggles with this >1gb download? What usually happens when the download stops is

• The game and MEmu completly freeze
  • Or the Android logo appear (probably restart I guess) and I'm sent back to the Home screen

Edit1: On BlueStacks it works without this however, just tried. Thanks

Edit2: Somehow BlueStacks crashes on my PC within 5mins of using it. Unlucky, guess nothing works for me

First I'd like to know what processor do you have. If both latest MEmu and BlueStacks don't work for you - it's probably because of some hardware incompatibilities.

You can still try MEmu 3.3.0.2, though I'm not sure it'll help in your case.

2 hours ago, mental_offence said:

First I'd like to know what processor do you have. If both latest MEmu and BlueStacks don't work for you - it's probably because of some hardware incompatibilities.

I currently have a Ryzen 2700X. I've tried the newest MEmu with both methods you provided and it always crashed. Now I disabled AMD-V, and it works without crashing, for longer than half an hour now at least.

Strange but I'll take it, dont feel the difference in performance either way. I'm using BlueStacks with disabled gapps now. Thanks again

Edited by SuluX

Using BlueStacks, and I'm experiencing a problem where FEH (x86 version) just automatically closes itself once I hit the 3rd update. This started occurring after I played and closed FEH once. I followed all the instructions in the OP but the only way to get it working again is to uninstall and reinstall everything, including BlueStacks itself, and even then the app still has this problem. Any idea how to fix this? 

Not sure if this is significant, but instead of seeing "Find My Device", I see "Android Device Manager" instead on the Device administrators part.

2 hours ago, Skfoos said:

Using BlueStacks, and I'm experiencing a problem where FEH (x86 version) just automatically closes itself once I hit the 3rd update. This started occurring after I played and closed FEH once. I followed all the instructions in the OP but the only way to get it working again is to uninstall and reinstall everything, including BlueStacks itself, and even then the app still has this problem. Any idea how to fix this? 

Not sure if this is significant, but instead of seeing "Find My Device", I see "Android Device Manager" instead on the Device administrators part.

Enable all google apps when FEH stops working and see if FEH will be able to start up.

If not (I assume it won't) - it's probably because of hardware issues, though I can't be sure in your case. Try enabling/disabling hardware virtualization and try again.
And if it starts - well, I have an idea, but first you should confirm if FEH actually works or not.

I tried opening the FEH app again (without having changed anything) and the game started working. I tried to see if it was working for good and just kept opening and closing the game over and over. And... whether it works or not just seems random. It's probably not actually random, but I changed nothing, and the number of attempts of opening/closing the app required to make it work changes each time I start up BlueStacks.

Well, this thread seems fairly active.

I've been trying to use MEMU without the google apps thing, and whenever I get to actually installing the game from the apk it just continues with that for like 10-15 minutes or so before resulting in failure. I seem to be able to open it, I just can't install. I've tried installing from a different APK source, and it seems to have the same results.

Help?

EDIT: Nevermind, it works now, somehow???

Edited by Leona

On 16.12.2018 at 7:41 AM, Skfoos said:

I tried opening the FEH app again (without having changed anything) and the game started working. I tried to see if it was working for good and just kept opening and closing the game over and over. And... whether it works or not just seems random. It's probably not actually random, but I changed nothing, and the number of attempts of opening/closing the app required to make it work changes each time I start up BlueStacks.

Sorry for the long absence.

Your problem is sort of unique. I've tried looking into it and found more people with the same problem, but they never found a fix for that.

So if it isn't hardware accerelation or cpu related - your only choice is to use MEmu, or, well, to find some other miraculous solution which I'm not aware of.

5 hours ago, GurasuJoe said:

Hoy there. I've been getting an error 803-3001 on Bluestacks recently and I deleted the data and redownloaded it and it didn't work. I'm not even using a rooted device, so is there a solid reason why this is happening for me?

Did you follow the guide in the topic? You have to disable some google apps to get rid of this error.

When I start the emulator, it doesn't say update Google play store it says enable. I feel as though this is why I'm getting a communications error. Any thoughts on what I should do next?

EDIT: I'm trying MicroG using 7.1 instead and the only issue is the actual emulator is in chinese. Do you know how to change languages through the settings? Solved.  But I could not find Fire Emblem Heroes in the play store for some reason so I'm downloading the APK

Edited by Tummus

1 hour ago, Tummus said:

When I start the emulator, it doesn't say update Google play store it says enable. I feel as though this is why I'm getting a communications error. Any thoughts on what I should do next?

That probably means you didn't disable all needed apps, since 803-3001 can't appear at all with all disabled google apps.

1 hour ago, Tummus said:

But I could not find Fire Emblem Heroes in the play store for some reason so I'm downloading the APK

MicroG guarantees that FEH will be in Play Store, and if it's not there - something's wrong. Make sure that your instance has microG (you can search for "MicroG settings" in apps list), otherwise you still have google apps and you'll get 803-3001 error again.

13 minutes ago, mental_offence said:

That probably means you didn't disable all needed apps, since 803-3001 can't appear at all with all disabled google apps.

MicroG guarantees that FEH will be in Play Store, and if it's not there - something's wrong. Make sure that your instance has microG (you can search for "MicroG settings" in apps list), otherwise you still have google apps and you'll get 803-3001 error again.

I don't see it... What should I do? 

I can't seem to find how to reply to your last message..... Don't know why but I did replace the files, but I checked again and they were gone again. I just replaced but still can't see the microG in app list. Do I have to create the Android 7.1 again from Multi MEmu? 

Edited by Tummus

1 minute ago, Tummus said:

I don't see it... What should I do? 

Make sure that you replaced all files correctly. "71" folder in ~\Microvirt\MEmu\image\ should contain 3 .vmdk files (which you're supposed to get from the archive): MEmu71-2018121000000FFF-disk1, MEmu71-2018121000000FFF-disk2 and MEmu71-2018121000000FFF-disk3.

Hi everybody,

does anyone having problems with BlueStacks after today's update on 3.0.1?

Until yesterday I could play fine with BlueStacks. But since the update I keep getting the 803-3001 error . I tried to delete FE Heroes and reinstalled it, which allowed me to pass the starting screen, however if I try to do a fight I am getting blocked out again... Any workarounds?

Best regards

On 12/13/2018 at 10:12 PM, Dnarris said:

Having an issue with memu saying "Drive component error detected" and "Memu failed to start, please reboot the computer and try again or reinstall the latest version." The thing is that I have rebooted my computer and I did completely reinstall and I keep getting this error. I'm not sure why though. The only thing that's changed is there was a recent windows update.

Update: For some reason after uninstalling and reinstalling three times it started working again. However, I received the dreaded 803-3001 error this time. I'm using the 7.1 import along with the new MircoG that you posted. I uninstalled FEH and reinstalled and worked again for a while, but the 803-3001 error keeps coming back.

I'm having this same issue everytime I restart my pc. I uninstall MeMu  and reinstall it, play feh normally. But when I turn off and turn my computer on again this same error pops up. It's tedious. What could be causing this?

I tried using the 7.1 method, and I'm having the same issue as Tummus. I noticed that when I went to replace the files, there were only 2 .vmk files. Either way I deleted them and replaced them, but I too couldn't get the APK, found it and now I'm getting 3001 errors. Any ideas?

23 hours ago, Diabman said:

I noticed that when I went to replace the files, there were only 2 .vmk files.

Memu installator don't have 7.1 files by default. Launch multi-memu and press new->android 7.1 and emulator download 7.1 files.

After download go to \memu\image\71\ and replase these files. Launch multi-memu, delete all vm's here and then press "new->android 7.1. Configure if needed and run. That's all.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20181227-011458.thumb.png.606099c2c26be22a4800f5c5200dabdc.png

UPD Now i see the problem. It's work for 6.0.1, but 6.0.6 have only two vdmk file in 71 directory. They change something again...

Edited by Warsteiner

Sorry for the long absence everyone, I hardly have any free time nowadays.

On 21.12.2018 at 3:39 PM, Dragole said:

Hi everybody,

does anyone having problems with BlueStacks after today's update on 3.0.1?

Until yesterday I could play fine with BlueStacks. But since the update I keep getting the 803-3001 error . I tried to delete FE Heroes and reinstalled it, which allowed me to pass the starting screen, however if I try to do a fight I am getting blocked out again... Any workarounds?

Best regards

Check once again if all apps listed in the guide are disabled. Some of them could be re-enabled for whatever reason.

On 22.12.2018 at 8:54 AM, Seriatim said:

I'm having this same issue everytime I restart my pc. I uninstall MeMu  and reinstall it, play feh normally. But when I turn off and turn my computer on again this same error pops up. It's tedious. What could be causing this?

Can't tell for sure what's the problem. If problem persists - use BlueStacks instead (or MEmu 3.3.0.2).

On 26.12.2018 at 11:54 AM, Diabman said:

I tried using the 7.1 method, and I'm having the same issue as Tummus. I noticed that when I went to replace the files, there were only 2 .vmk files. Either way I deleted them and replaced them, but I too couldn't get the APK, found it and now I'm getting 3001 errors. Any ideas?

6 hours ago, Warsteiner said:

mental_offence can you make microG files for 6.0.6 please? Or tell how you make these files. Thanks.

I'm looking into it. You can still use 6.0.1 or 6.0.5 with older files. New archives will be available soon.

I can describe the process of installing MicroG on default instance when I'll have some extra free time.

Edited by mental_offence

I've updated instructions for latest version of MEmu.

Also from now on to avoid confusion and to make sure that instructions always work I won't include link to actual latest version of MEmu. In the future I'll update links after checking if current archives work for newer version.