How to play FEH on PC (Windows only)

mental_offence

35 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Is there any advantage in using Nox over Memu? 

Not sure yet. I didn't even know about Nox until last hour.

Gotta check if 803-3001 error appears and if it does - I'll have to install microG on it, probably. Also it seems a bit slower to me, atleast on my laptop.

In the meanwhile everyone is welcome to download Nox and try it out. Just make sure to create android 5.1.1 or 7.1.2 instance in Multi-Drive - FEH doesn't work on android 4.4.2.

Seems like on both 5.1.1 and 7.1.2 instances you can download FEH from Play Store even without microG.
803-3001 didn't happen yet after testing for an hour on 5.1.1. Played through some story maps and even got in arena using new account - no error so far.
Still I need someone else to confirm this.

Edited by mental_offence

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Due to my old PC can't use the "Hardware virtualization", so I can't use the Memu, then I found another emulator named "LD", I'm using the Simplified Chinese version (v3.58) and it's totally worked for FEH, no crash no 803-3001, you just need to download the emulator from their homepage and install FEH by apk, there are no any google apps need to disable because government of China ban google. Also I tried the lastest Blue Stacks but it's crashed.

If anyone the situation like me then you can try this. But one thing I need to remind that I have never use this emulator before, so I recommend that when you complete make the FEH account on this emulator, go to Nintendo homepage and change the password by PC browser will be safety.

24 minutes ago, lifeisfkup said:

Hello,

Due to my old PC can't use the "Hardware virtualization", so I can't use the Memu, then I found another emulator named "LD", I'm using the Simplified Chinese version (v3.58) and it's totally worked for FEH, no crash no 803-3001, you just need to download the emulator from their homepage and install FEH by apk, there are no any google apps need to disable because government of China ban google. Also I tried the lastest Blue Stacks but it's crashed.

If anyone the situation like me then you can try this. But one thing I need to remind that I have never use this emulator before, so I recommend that when you complete make the FEH account on this emulator, go to Nintendo homepage and change the password by PC browser will be safety.

Hmm, I've just tested FEH on international 3.59 version of LDPlayer and it's able to boot up just as fine. Thanks for your contribution! I'll see if 803-3001 appears on international version (since all google apps are still there), and if it won't - I'll add it to the topic, or chinese version otherwise.
Interesting, alteast 2 more emulators work with FEH, how comes no one else knew about this?
Aaaand... 803-3001 in 5 minutes. I guess disabling google apps would work in this case, but it'll probably be easier to use chinese version. Need to check it out first though.

Edited by mental_offence

I also try the international version before Chinese version, but it'll get 803-3001, so I suppose disable google apps is must. The only advantage of Chinese version is there are no google apps in default setting.

Edited by lifeisfkup

3 minutes ago, lifeisfkup said:

I also try the international version before Chinese version, but it'll get 803-3001, so I suppose disable google apps is must.

I've tried chinese version and even though FEH works - there's another error about google services which you can skip, but still...
So I just decided to add microG to international version of LDPlayer and make backup of it (sort of like .ova for MEmu), and if everything goes correctly - I'll update topic with new emulator soon enough.
Once again, thanks for sharing!

Sorry, I forgot to say that, when you use the Chinese version to launch FEH, that will be have an error said you haven't google play, service etc., but you just need to click "OK" few times > black screen > click the "switch" on bottom right corner on emulator > choose FEH > work.

I suppose microG + international version also work, hope my opinion will helpful.

Edited by lifeisfkup

1 minute ago, lifeisfkup said:

Sorry, I forgot to say that, when you use the Chinese version to launch FEH, that will be have an error said you haven't google play, service etc., but you just need to click "OK" few times > black screen > click the "switch" on bottom right corner on emulator > choose FEH > work.

Yes, I already got that, it's just that it would be nicer to not have any errors and also being able to see english interface as well, so...

Alright, I think it's done, here it is. To install it launch LDMultiPlayer, press New/Clone -> New player, then Backup/Restore -> Restore -> downloaded .ldbk file.

@lifeisfkup, could you try this out? You'd have to install international version of LDPlayer though, I hope it's not too problematic for you.

Edited by mental_offence

1 hour ago, mental_offence said:

Instructions for NoxPlayer and LDPlayer are added to the topic.

I'd like to see what you think of these emulators and are they better/worse in case of performance compared to MEmu.

In the past I have used nox a few times with fiddler open and it shows the emu transmitting things such as my MAC address to suspicious chinese website addresses. I suggest blocking all the addresses listed in this post <https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerspirits/comments/74flks/configuring_nox_app_player_to_remove_adware/>

I suggest swapping the nox loader (as the default one, I believe, logs all the apps you have opened and some other things besides) and that you should avoid using a real email with this emulator if you choose to use it.

Edited by darketernity

21 hours ago, mental_offence said:

Alright, I think it's done, here it is. To install it launch LDMultiPlayer, press New/Clone -> New player, then Backup/Restore -> Restore -> downloaded .ldbk file.

@lifeisfkup, could you try this out? You'd have to install international version of LDPlayer though, I hope it's not too problematic for you.

Sorry for late reply. Be honest, the international version of LD (v3.59) was very slow and lag on my potato pc (assembled at 2010). So I already uninstall it. Chinese version (v3.58) is smoother on my pc.

I also want to try Nox, but I saw what @darketernity said, I'm hesitate.

Edited by lifeisfkup

Sorry for posting again, but it doesn't seem to work with Memu and MicroG, despite trying the things from the latest posts...
Would you recommend using anything else than Memu for FEH?

Edited by Sylin

On 8/2/2018 at 3:23 AM, mental_offence said:
  1. Launch Multi-MEmu, press "Create" - Android 7.1. Wait until the instance is created and delete it after that.
  2. Go to installation folder of MEmu (that'll probably be "C:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu"), from there go to image - 71. Delete both vmdk files.

I'm reinstalling memu. In the point 1 above, it's not "create" but "new mapping". If I delete the instance after the creation, all the files in the memu folder will be deleted (this method isn't the same as with memu on android 5).

Cattura1.PNG

@ale

Open Multi-Memu

Press "New" (new mapping) and choose android 7.1 (first time memu download android 7.1 files from internet)

Close Multi-Memu

Go to folder \memu\image\71\

delete MEmu71-2019030700003FFF-disk1.vmdk and MEmu71-2019030700003FFF-disk2.vmdk

copy two *.vdmk files here from microGfor6.1.1(7.1).zip

Open Multi-Memu and if you see any instance here, delete.

Press "New" (new mapping) and choose android 7.1. Now memu make 7.1 instance with files from microGfor6.1.1(7.1).zip

If you have problem with built-in browser (account linking) install chrome from appstore.

PS or just use 5.1 guide.

12 minutes ago, Warsteiner said:

@mental_offence memu 6.1.2, no errors

Thanks for confirmation! I hope it'll work for everyone.

MEmu guide is updated for 6.2.1. Ovas make a comeback! Instead of replacing files now you can just import one of .ova files from the topic.
Also android 7.1 .ova is added for "Disabled Google apps" solution.

Trying to run the game on Memu, and it runs pretty slowly. I have hardware virtualization on but the emulator can't seem to read that it is enabled. Which might be the problem i'm having. Any ideas?

I NEED to get back in the game, Legendary Alm!

Edited by Faellin

8 hours ago, darketernity said:

Works for me too!

Thanks! At this point I'll just assume it's working for everyone, hopefully.

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

Trying to run the game on Memu, and it runs pretty slowly. I have hardware virtualization on but the emulator can't seem to read that it is enabled. Which might be the problem i'm having. Any ideas?

I NEED to get back in the game, Legendary Alm!

I can't personally help you since I don't know much about this stuff in general, however I found this page which should be helpful.