How to play FEH on PC (Windows only)

mental_offence

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installing the game on the Nox emulator now since memu was giving me a ton of trouble.

And will I have to worry about the one ban thing kicking in? Since in the instructions listed for Nox it doesn't mention anything about disabling the usual programs to avoid the game banning you on startup. So am i right to assume I should be safe just starting the game up without any steps outside of the ones listed in the original post?

49 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Installing the game on the Nox emulator now since memu was giving me a ton of trouble.

And will I have to worry about the one ban thing kicking in? Since in the instructions listed for Nox it doesn't mention anything about disabling the usual programs to avoid the game banning you on startup. So am i right to assume I should be safe just starting the game up without any steps outside of the ones listed in the original post?

Yes, Nox allows to play FEH without errors right out of the box, atleast for now. You should take in mind that the performance of Nox depends on hardware vitrualization in the same way as for MEmu.

Got the game working for one day on Nox. and now its giving me another problem...

Tried logging in today and it just keeps crashing without even opening the right window. Oddly I hear the main menu music, but the game doesn't open and just crashes a few seconds later.

On 28.04.2019 at 7:20 PM, Faellin said:

Got the game working for one day on Nox. and now its giving me another problem...

Tried logging in today and it just keeps crashing without even opening the right window. Oddly I hear the main menu music, but the game doesn't open and just crashes a few seconds later.

I'm still positive that it happens because of hardware virtualization issue. Either way - can't help you, sorry. You can still try to use LDPlayer.

Anyone know why the virtual keyboard won't work? I need it to type the stuff in app like user name and such, I've switched off the hardware detection and enabling it on memu's settings before, it worked before this version, did something change? Or is it because of the this newer microG?

Using 5.1 for rerference.

7 hours ago, Trestkon said:

Anyone know why the virtual keyboard won't work? I need it to type the stuff in app like user name and such, I've switched off the hardware detection and enabling it on memu's settings before, it worked before this version, did something change? Or is it because of the this newer microG?

Using 5.1 for rerference.

Just install any other keyboard app, Gboard for example, and set it as default keyboard app.

12 hours ago, mental_offence said:

Just install any other keyboard app, Gboard for example, and set it as default keyboard app.

It works for you? I tried it earlier actually before your suggestion, it just crashes says it stopped responding everytime i try to bring up its keyboard.

18 hours ago, Trestkon said:

It works for you? I tried it earlier actually before your suggestion, it just crashes says it stopped responding everytime i try to bring up its keyboard.

Just tested it - downloaded it from play store and it worked fine for me, had to enable showing virtual keyboard first. There're lots of keyboard apps though, keep trying.

Having trouble getting this game work on MeMU. Mine opens briefly but once I get to the "Fire Emblem Heroes" bit in the opening screen. The app closes down which is annoying.

Also the MicroG that is to be imported always get an "Import Failed" message.

Edited by Frosty

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Having trouble getting this game work on MeMU. Mine opens briefly but once I get to the "Fire Emblem Heroes" bit in the opening screen. The app closes down which is annoying.

Also the MicroG that is to be imported always get an "Import Failed" message.

Make sure you're using latest version of MEmu from the topic and not the older one such as 3.3.0.2.

If the problem won't be resolved - uninstall and install MEmu again.

Memu 6.2.3 is out.

Fix the issue that occasionally the usage of CPU is abnormally high.

Fix some other tiny bugs.

Now, some mobile games have supports to higher Frame rate than 60FPS. Now MEmu (version 6.2.3) is compatible with most of them.

Some of the games that support high FPS mode:

Fire Emblem Heroes

I enable high fps mode in settings but no fps boost for me

I feel like LDPlayer is the smoothest emulator but for some reason I can't play Fate/GO on it using the microG from the first page but it works fine for MEMu.. :mellow:

waiting for a fully compatible .ova file for MEMu 6.2.3 from mental_offense sama ?

Edited by Byleth

On 5/25/2019 at 3:43 AM, Byleth said:

waiting for a fully compatible .ova file for MEMu 6.2.3

The old one is still compatible with latest version.

That said, I can't test this new high fps mode because I can't get more than 40 fps with MEmu on my craptop.

If anybody can confirm that there's indeed over 60 fps on latest version of MEmu (and if it's capped at 60 fps using current .ova file) - then there'll be a reason for making new .ova, otherwise the old still works pretty fine.

Edited by mental_offence

13 hours ago, mental_offence said:

The old one is still compatible with latest version.

That said, I can't test this new high fps mode because I can't get more than 40 fps with MEmu on my craptop.

If anybody can confirm that there's indeed over 60 fps on latest version of MEmu (and if it's capped at 60 fps using current .ova file) - then there'll be a reason for making new .ova, otherwise the old still works pretty fine.

I was just more interested to the bug fixes just like what Warsteiner mentioned..

Fix the issue that occasionally the usage of CPU is abnormally high.

Fix some other tiny bugs.

On 5/28/2019 at 2:19 PM, mental_offence said:

nah, high fps not work with stock memu for feh

Edited by Warsteiner

• 3 weeks later...

My laptop died recently so I won't be able to update the guide anymore, atleast not for the next 7-10 months.

Gladly all emulators work with current instructions despite some of them being outdated. Hopefully it'll stay like that for some time.

Either way, thanks for using my guides!

15 minutes ago, mental_offence said:

My laptop died recently so I won't be able to update the guide anymore, atleast not for the next 7-10 months.

Gladly all emulators work with current instructions despite some of them being outdated. Hopefully it'll stay like that for some time.

Either way, thanks for using my guides!

Oh no! Thanks for all your hard work. This is the only place on the internet I can find instructions like this to get FEH working on PC!

6 hours ago, mental_offence said:

Darn, sorry to hear that. Hope you'll be able to fix your hardware situation somehow. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I would have a problem I would like to try fire emblem heroes, but I go to google play and it tells me the device is not compatible, I then downloaded it in apk but it makes me mistake and I don't know how to do those steps, I wouldn't want to remove bluestanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, is it possible to get updates on emulator workaround?

Newest version 3.7.1 refuses to install on Memu and Nox. Can't update from Google Play too since it's not available in my country. Thanks!

EDIT: Just downloaded apk file from apkpure and it still works with current instruction.

Edited by Moogle_Mage
Update