How to play FEH on PC (Windows only)

mental_offence

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/2/2020 at 5:24 PM, Othin said:

Are any of these compatible with Wine?

Just out of curiosity: have you tried Android emulators for Android? I know of Genymotion (commercial), Android-x86 and AVD. There is also Anbox (by canonical), which doesn't support Google play store. 

Haven't tried any of these myself, but I'm curious if any of these work with feh. 

51 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Just out of curiosity: have you tried Android emulators for Android? I know of Genymotion (commercial), Android-x86 and AVD. There is also Anbox (by canonical), which doesn't support Google play store. 

Haven't tried any of these myself, but I'm curious if any of these work with feh. 

I have not. What is the purpose of an Android emulator for Android?

Edited by Othin

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Sorry, I meant Linux, not Android. 

Haven't done anything with Linux, emulated or otherwise.

2 hours ago, mental_offence said:

Probably not since wine doesn't use hardware acceleration which is required to run emulators.

Unfortunate. Are there other ways to use these Windows methods on Mac?

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

My bad, you mentioned wine and assumed you'd use it on a Linux computer. 

There is a BlueStacks version for Mac, but BlueStacks was removed from the first post, does that mean FEH doesn't run on BS anymore? 

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

My bad, you mentioned wine and assumed you'd use it on a Linux computer. 

There is a BlueStacks version for Mac, but BlueStacks was removed from the first post, does that mean FEH doesn't run on BS anymore? 

I used to use Bluestacks, it stopped working around July 2017. I ended up getting a tablet for that reason, lmao.

10 hours ago, Othin said:

Unfortunate. Are there other ways to use these Windows methods on Mac?

Windows 10 doesn't actually require a licence to use these days, it's a lot more generous than in the past where Microsoft would stop access after 30 days if you didn't activate your installation. Nowadays all that happens with an unactivated installation is that you'll be locked out of some non-essential functionality like changing your wallpaper. So you can freely use Bootcamp to install Windows 10, completely legally, without paying a cent.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Windows 10 doesn't actually require a licence to use these days, it's a lot more generous than in the past where Microsoft would stop access after 30 days if you didn't activate your installation. Nowadays all that happens with an unactivated installation is that you'll be locked out of some non-essential functionality like changing your wallpaper. So you can freely use Bootcamp to install Windows 10, completely legally, without paying a cent.

Oh, nice! I'll have to figure out how to do that, then.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well my elderly tablet finally gave up the ghost and I won't be able to buy a backup for a few weeks or so, so after following the guide and getting LDplayer to work, i'm currently stuck in the play store. While its not the blank screen error that some others have reported, I am still frozen in a sense. Currently the play store is trying to connect to Google so I can sign in, and its been like that for the better part of an hour now. Any thoughts? Or am I just DOA for a little bit?

To give as much information as possible, I am currently using version 4.0 with the proper file, and I have gotten the actual emulation to load. I downloaded the APK for Feh that matches what I am supposed to be using, and besides signing in, the only step I still need to do is download a browser so I can sign in to my Nintendo Account. That i'm so close to getting it to work is very frustrating.

EDIT: Ok, so after swapping to Memu, I've got everything connected, and the app loads. But the game is currently stuck at the downloading screen for version data.  The game is not frozen, as I can swap the characters, the audio is playing, and the periods after the downloading are moving. Is this something that's normal, or is there something else I need to do?

Edited by MysticEl
Managed to solve part of the issue myself.

Any one got a way to make the memu emulator whit whit FEH (I was stupid and updated the emulator now it doesn't work anymore...)

Any way am not really good whit those thing and It seem like some of the stuff doesn't work anymore the OVA link for exemple seem to be off.

Any way if anyone can help me whit the emulation of FEH in 2020 I would be really plz.

Recently i decided to play FEH in PC through Bluestacks but i haven't been able to link my account whenever i pick the profile to link, it just keep opening the same page over and over, i tried looking for a solution but i couldn't find anything, if anyone knows how to fix this issue, please lemme know

Thanks

On 7/7/2020 at 1:03 AM, MysticEl said:

Well my elderly tablet finally gave up the ghost and I won't be able to buy a backup for a few weeks or so, so after following the guide and getting LDplayer to work, i'm currently stuck in the play store. While its not the blank screen error that some others have reported, I am still frozen in a sense. Currently the play store is trying to connect to Google so I can sign in, and its been like that for the better part of an hour now. Any thoughts? Or am I just DOA for a little bit?

To give as much information as possible, I am currently using version 4.0 with the proper file, and I have gotten the actual emulation to load. I downloaded the APK for Feh that matches what I am supposed to be using, and besides signing in, the only step I still need to do is download a browser so I can sign in to my Nintendo Account. That i'm so close to getting it to work is very frustrating.

EDIT: Ok, so after swapping to Memu, I've got everything connected, and the app loads. But the game is currently stuck at the downloading screen for version data.  The game is not frozen, as I can swap the characters, the audio is playing, and the periods after the downloading are moving. Is this something that's normal, or is there something else I need to do?

if u going use ldplayer like me dont  connect to  google playstore use apk pure if  u want summon u going have to turn google play service on and turn  it off before u log off the game sorry for  late reeplay i dont  check this often

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/10/2020 at 5:42 PM, ShikamaruNara said:

Any one got a way to make the memu emulator whit whit FEH (I was stupid and updated the emulator now it doesn't work anymore...)

Any way am not really good whit those thing and It seem like some of the stuff doesn't work anymore the OVA link for exemple seem to be off.

Any way if anyone can help me whit the emulation of FEH in 2020 I would be really plz.

Late answer but Memu still work for me, i'm using microG_637_71 and iirc i update the playstore and that's all i've been playing the game the last 2 months without problems, just don't update Memu

• 2 months later...

The ova I used for memu and ldplayer won't let me connect to the internet. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

The unmodified vanilla default instance let me access the internet, so I don't think it's my antivirus/firewall blocking access.  

Edit: Was able to get internet to work on Android 5.1 ova version (Memu). The ovas (Memu and LDplayer) mentioned above that did not connect to the internet were both the Android 7.1 versions. 

Edited by Kanatan

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Apologies for the thread necromancy, but there seems to be a new problem cropping up on emulators as of the latest FEH version update:

This problem doesn't seem to be happening on proper phones, so it looks like there's been another Google SafetyNet update expressly designed to fuck with emulators.