How to play FEH on PC (Windows only)

mental_offence

28 minutes ago, Terragius said:

Indeed, I downloaded Memu from the topic, I don't know why it doesn't work.

Does your FEH .apk have the right architecture? I've seen both a ARM and x86 architecture, and my emulators couldn't install the ARM version but did work with the x86 version. I recall APKMirror supplying both.

Edited by Some Jerk

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there, I have successfully installed Memu and FEH on it, and so it's working, however, it is really laggy, and I remember when emulating on nox back in the day, Heroes was not this laggy. Is there something that might cause this in specific? Thanks for your time in advance.

1 hour ago, KazesBlade said:

Hey there, I have successfully installed Memu and FEH on it, and so it's working, however, it is really laggy, and I remember when emulating on nox back in the day, Heroes was not this laggy. Is there something that might cause this in specific? Thanks for your time in advance.

You can try to change number of cpu cores or/and add more ram in MEmu settings.

BlueStacks works a little faster for some old cpus, so you can try that too.

2 hours ago, Perigal said:

I've done all the steps for bluestacks, but it gives me a "connection error". I definitely have internet connection so I don't know why it occurs.
image.png.47b87528a0919e012ab3c371261823d0.png

Did you disable all listed apps, especially "Google Play services" and "Google Services Framework"?

1 hour ago, mental_offence said:

Did you disable all listed apps, especially "Google Play services" and "Google Services Framework"?

If the most updated list of apps to disable is in the original post, then yes.

I have double-checked everything, and I still get the error.

Edited by Perigal

39 minutes ago, Perigal said:

If the most updated list of apps to disable is in the original post, then yes.

I have double-checked everything, and I still get the error.

This error could appear if you started FEH before disabling these apps. To get rid of it you can clear user data in settings and redownload game again or you can get root access and remove deviceAccount:.xml from data/data/com.nintendo.zaba/shared_prefs.
To get root on bluestacks you can use bstweaker mentioned in the topic.

Ok, so I'm following the first comments steps, and start it up, but then once I try to access google play store, this message comes up:

An app on your device is trying to sign in to a Google account.

If this was intentional, use the Sign in button to connect to Google's sign-in page, if not, press Cancel to go back to the application that caused this dialog to show up.

I click, Sign in, then sign into a google account.

Then, it says something like retrieving info from Google or something

Then brings me to a screen that says "Error retrieving information from server. [RH-01].

There is a Retry button, but it does nothing.

Help?

7 hours ago, justthebomb said:

Ok, so I'm following the first comments steps, and start it up, but then once I try to access google play store, this message comes up:

An app on your device is trying to sign in to a Google account.

If this was intentional, use the Sign in button to connect to Google's sign-in page, if not, press Cancel to go back to the application that caused this dialog to show up.

I click, Sign in, then sign into a google account.

Then, it says something like retrieving info from Google or something

Then brings me to a screen that says "Error retrieving information from server. [RH-01].

There is a Retry button, but it does nothing.

Help?

Closing Play Store (and from recent apps too) and starting it again should help.

17 hours ago, mental_offence said:

Closing Play Store (and from recent apps too) and starting it again should help.

Ok, so I managed to get FEH, and access it, BUT every time I open it, it says "Unfortunately, Fire Emblem Heroes has stopped". Help?

8 hours ago, justthebomb said:

Ok, so I managed to get FEH, and access it, BUT every time I open it, it says "Unfortunately, Fire Emblem Heroes has stopped". Help?

Try to change number of cpu cores and ram in MEmu settings.

If it won't help - sadly, MEmu won't work for you, use BlueStacks instead.

Edited by mental_offence

13 hours ago, mental_offence said:

Try to change number of cpu cores and ram in MEmu settings.

If it won't help - sadly, MEmu won't work for you, use BlueStacks instead.

Dang, it didn't work.

Oh well, thank you anyways! Bluestacks works like a charm, and all I wanted was FEH on a computer anyways, thank you so much for your help!

21 minutes ago, TobayeMachi said:

Is there another way to download MicroG the site seems down for me...

Why would you download microG apks separately? MEmu already has microG installed, no extra work needed.

If you want microG on BlueStacks - it's not as simple as just installing apks, gotta find a way to support signature spoofing.

Hello there im having a bit of a problem. I was able to once play Fire Emblem Heroes on the Memu emulator but now when I go to play it it says that I need to update google play services. When I go to do it however it gives me a error "Google Play services" can't be installed. Try again and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting. (Error code: -505) What can I do about this? Thanks!

Fire Emblem Error.png

15 minutes ago, mental_offence said:

Why would you download microG apks separately? MEmu already has microG installed, no extra work needed.

If you want microG on BlueStacks - it's not as simple as just installing apks, gotta find a way to support signature spoofing.

Sorry i've been using the Chinese Blue Stacks for a long time now~

12 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Hello there im having a bit of a problem. I was able to once play Fire Emblem Heroes on the Memu emulator but now when I go to play it it says that I need to update google play services. When I go to do it however it gives me a error "Google Play services" can't be installed. Try again and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting. (Error code: -505) What can I do about this? Thanks!

You can't update google services because they are replaced with microG.
When this "update google services" error started to appear? Either way, you can import MicroG111-Blank.ova again, download FEH and it will work just fine.

6 minutes ago, TobayeMachi said:

Sorry i've been using the Chinese Blue Stacks for a long time now~

Well, if you followed all steps from this post you should already have microG installed.

4 minutes ago, mental_offence said:

When this "update google services" error started to appear? Either way, you can import MicroG111-Blank.ova again, download FEH and it will work just fine.

Well, if you followed all steps from this post you should already have microG installed.

I actually don't remember sorry its been a while and I just now brought it up sorry if I took a guess id say like a little bit before 2.5? But ill look at that guide again and see what happens

Thank you for that tip but now I get a error saying that Fire Emblem has stopped unexpectedly... ugh this so much. Think you can help me with this last part?

1 hour ago, mental_offence said:

2 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Thank you for that tip but now I get a error saying that Fire Emblem has stopped unexpectedly... ugh this so much. Think you can help me with this last part?

Uninstall MEmu and try 2.9.6.1 version instead, install lollipop afterwards and import ova again.

If it won't help - you should either use older ovas, assuming they worked well (FEH2.2.ova, FEH2.3.ova, etc), or use BlueStacks instead.

Hi, I am having an issue with MEmu and purchasing orbs. I installed the game fine, and signed in with my Google account, but every time I try to complete an orb purchase I get an error message and it kicks me back. I tried with my credit card and with a google play gift card, but neither time did it work. I installed everything exactly as it said in the original post here. Is there anything I can do?

11 hours ago, lucygucy said:

Hi, I am having an issue with MEmu and purchasing orbs. I installed the game fine, and signed in with my Google account, but every time I try to complete an orb purchase I get an error message and it kicks me back. I tried with my credit card and with a google play gift card, but neither time did it work. I installed everything exactly as it said in the original post here. Is there anything I can do?

I'd be able to help you if I did any purchases, but I'm just a f2p :V
I assumed shop works for everyone since it worked for some people just fine.

Oh well, you have three choices:
1) Download FEH2.4.ova and import it, download newest apk of FEH and install it. Go to settings - apps and enable all disabled apps. Sign in using google account either in settings or in play store, launch FEH, sign in using nintendo account. Now that you're in game - buy anything you wanted ASAP, since 3-4 minutes later you'll be greated with 803-3001 error. If you'll need to buy anything later - you'll have to clear user data and redownload whole game again every time.
This very method can be applied to BlueStacks - just enable all apps and try to do a purchase.
2) Try to use Chinese BlueStacks with microG - I've seen some screenshots on Chinese forums with successful purchases.
3) Just use your phone for that :p Simplest and safest method so far.

@mental_offence I have tried both bluestacks and chinese bluestacks and can’t get either to work. MEmu was the only one actually launching FEH successfully. I will try your reinstall method because I really only want to buy the June pack.

I can’t play on my phone atm which is my reason for all this!  Thanks for the reply!!