How to play FEH on PC (Windows only)

mental_offence

5 hours ago, Kigu said:

Okay, I'm having an issue with the bluestacks version. It is saying I need to update it, so what should I do?

What needs updating, BlueStacks or google services? If it's just BlueStacks - go on, update it, there should be no problems afterwards.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/11/2018 at 6:52 AM, mental_offence said:

What needs updating, BlueStacks or google services? If it's just BlueStacks - go on, update it, there should be no problems afterwards.

it's saying I need to update fire emblem heroes, through the google play store....

Today my computer updated Windows 10 (kb4284835) and bluestacks 4.1.16.2004 now it's very slow (both Bluestacks and FEH). Anyone having the same problem? I'll try to report it to bluestacks.

Update: uninstalling the update solves the problem.

Edited by harimakenjibr

On 2/7/2018 at 7:23 PM, mental_offence said:

2.1. BlueStacks (disabled Google apps)
As of now FEH works on latest version of BlueStacks.

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Download BlueStacks from official site and install it. BlueStacks will start automatically after installation finishes.
  2. Wait until BlueStacks fully loads and sign in using your Google account. You can't skip this step. Or, well...
    2.1. If you're unwilling to sign in you can download BlueStacks Tweaker, launch it, go to "Oem" tab, toggle off "Login with Google" option, go to "Main" tab, press Full Stop BS, wait a little and press Start BS.
  3. Press on "My Apps" tab, go to System app -> Settings -> Apps. Press on gear symbol -> Special access -> Device administrators -> uncheck "Find My Device". Get back to apps list.
  4. Press on 3 dots symbol -> Show system. Disable these apps: Google Account Manager, Google Backup Transport, Google Partner Setup, Google Play services, Google Play Store and Google Services Framework.
  5. Download x86 apk of FEH and install it. When launching FEH the "Enable Google Play services" error will appear. Press "enable" and use Back button (3 times in total) and you'll be able to play FEH after that.

Thanks to @Ninferno and @Astellius for older guides, which were used as a basis for this one.

Thanks for this amazing guide! I am having trouble getting this going on my mac unfortunately, specifically points 3 and 4. When I click the settings, and then apps, it only shows FE Hero's there (I was able to install it from the app store but am unable to play it, which is why I'm using this guide to resolve this issue). Has the interface changed on bluestacks? I can't seem to find the disable the find my device option, let alone where to disable those google account apps.

I have also read the guide to the chinease bluestacks, and I'd try that out bit it says that I need to 'Extract everything from this archive to C:\Program Files (x86)\BluestacksCN\Engine\ProgramData\Android.' which I don't think is even possible on Mac?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks SerenesForest, you guys are the best!!

5 hours ago, Chunky_shtew said:

Thanks for this amazing guide! I am having trouble getting this going on my mac unfortunately, specifically points 3 and 4. When I click the settings, and then apps, it only shows FE Hero's there (I was able to install it from the app store but am unable to play it, which is why I'm using this guide to resolve this issue). Has the interface changed on bluestacks? I can't seem to find the disable the find my device option, let alone where to disable those google account apps.

I have also read the guide to the chinease bluestacks, and I'd try that out bit it says that I need to 'Extract everything from this archive to C:\Program Files (x86)\BluestacksCN\Engine\ProgramData\Android.' which I don't think is even possible on Mac?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks SerenesForest, you guys are the best!!

Bluestacks for mac is different from bluestacks for windows, it's based on android 4 while newer builds for windows are based on android 7.

I believe this guide won't work for your version of bluestacks. FEH didn't work on older non-chinese versions of bluestacks for windows (which were based on android 4 too).
Still you can atleast try to disable google apps. Press on round button at the bottom of "My Apps" tab and there should be settings, though I can't tell for sure.

Chinese BlueStacks wasn't released for mac at all, I think.

4 hours ago, mental_offence said:

Bluestacks for mac is different from bluestacks for windows, it's based on android 4 while newer builds for windows are based on android 7.

I believe this guide won't work for your version of bluestacks. FEH didn't work on older non-chinese versions of bluestacks for windows (which were based on android 4 too).
Still you can atleast try to disable google apps. Press on round button at the bottom of "My Apps" tab and there should be settings, though I can't tell for sure.

Chinese BlueStacks wasn't released for mac at all, I think.

Ah this is unfortunate news. When I opened the 'apps' option on Bluestacks for mac I didn't even have a round button on the bottom to press, it just shows "Internal storage" and has a bar showing my device's memory. So it seems my only options to be able to purchase windows to run via bootcamp, and then try to follow this guide from there?

10 hours ago, Chunky_shtew said:

Ah this is unfortunate news. When I opened the 'apps' option on Bluestacks for mac I didn't even have a round button on the bottom to press, it just shows "Internal storage" and has a bar showing my device's memory. So it seems my only options to be able to purchase windows to run via bootcamp, and then try to follow this guide from there?

You could also try to install MEmu or BlueStacks for Windows using Wine, though I believe someone else already tried that for bluestacks and didn't succeed.

Other than that - yeah, the only option for Mac is to use Windows via Boot Camp, though you don't certainly have to "purchase" it if you know what I mean...

Edited by mental_offence

Alrighty fam, got another issue after such a long time! Recently I upgraded my CPU and Memu has started to run slow. I changed from a Intel CPU to a Ryzen AMD CPU. I also upgraded my motherboard but I already checked to see if virtualization mode was on. Help? Might it be that I just need to reinstall memu or feh?

Edited by loonitick

21 hours ago, loonitick said:

Alrighty fam, got another issue after such a long time! Recently I upgraded my CPU and Memu has started to run slow. I changed from a Intel CPU to a Ryzen AMD CPU. I also upgraded my motherboard but I already checked to see if virtualization mode was on. Help? Might it be that I just need to reinstall memu or feh?

I really have no idea what's causing slowdown in your case - maybe there're some presets left from older cpu, or maybe memu sets things up differently depending on cpu.

You can try to change number of cpu cores in memu settings and if this won't help - you should probably reinstall memu and see the results.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to save link my nintendo account through Memu but it keeps saying "failed to link nintendo account if you have multiple apps open close them etc", I didnt use the built in browser, I tried using both Chrome and firefox but dont seem to work.

Does anyone know the problem? I'd like to link asap since I had pretty good rerolls.

5 minutes ago, generalgarchomp said:

so this still works? i downloaded the lolipop and all did all the stuff stated in the thing does it still work with latest memu or do i have to use the one stated. I say this cause it said i had to update to use the lolipop.

I followed the instructions as recently as last Friday and they worked fine. I used the direct links in the first post including that old version of MeMU.

Edited by Humanoid

Ok I have FE heroes up and running its just saying that I need to install the most recent update for it and I go to the play store and it says error retrieving information from server what do I do 

2 hours ago, Sanic said:

Ok I have FE heroes up and running its just saying that I need to install the most recent update for it and I go to the play store and it says error retrieving information from server what do I do 

Close play store from recent apps and start it again.

Hi!, i succesfully installed FEH on bluestacks and i can play it, the problem is when i want to link my nintendo account, the app closses and when i click back to the app keeps kicking me out of the app, sometimes i see the "link nintendo account" opcion but it closes so fast i cant click it, any sugestions ?

21 hours ago, p_e_a_c_h said:

Everything works fine but when I go into the play store and search Fire Emblem Heroes, it doesnt come up?

Please make sure that you're using 3.3.0.2 MEmu from the topic.

1 hour ago, DKGenova said:

Hi!, i succesfully installed FEH on bluestacks and i can play it, the problem is when i want to link my nintendo account, the app closses and when i click back to the app keeps kicking me out of the app, sometimes i see the "link nintendo account" opcion but it closes so fast i cant click it, any sugestions ?

Download another internet browser and try to link using the new one.

hi where is the "3 dots" that you talk about in the bluestacks instructions, if you could provide a screen shot that would be great.
and if you're talking about the system inside of "storage" for that step, it says "system includes files that android can't view individually".

18 hours ago, LilPoi said:

hi where is the "3 dots" that you talk about in the bluestacks instructions, if you could provide a screen shot that would be great.
and if you're talking about the system inside of "storage" for that step, it says "system includes files that android can't view individually".

I don't have Bluestacks installed right now, so here's some random screenshot I found:

Spoiler

Disable-dt-ignite-screens-02.thumb.jpeg.fd688d5eec7deecc69717df819a556b1.jpeg

5 hours ago, FIink488 said:

That means you didn't disable some google apps.