How to play FEH on PC (Windows only)

mental_offence

Ok, i''ve been using this for some time, but recently i've had a problem: Suddenly, my emulator has been running REALLy slowly, to the point where i can barely even play it, however, this is only the case for the emulator, it starts loading, gets stuck at 99% for 10+ minutes, and when it does start, it's really laggy, yet other programs run just fine. Is it something with my computer or do i have to reinstall?
Edit: Now it's just not starting at all, this is what i'm getting:
"MEmu failed to start. Please reboot the computer and try again, or install the lastest version!
Waiting for VM 'MEmu_2´to power on...
MEmuManage.exe: error: no error info
MEmuManage.exe: error: Details: code E_FAIL (0x80004005), component ProgressProxy, interface IProgress"

Edited by ActualScum

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 08/02/2018 at 1:49 PM, EzraFitz said:

I wanted to instal the 2.2 but every time i import the files the program said "Failled to import" can you help my pls

can be maybe a simple download erro, try download again.

Edited by Artoos

WoW!!! worked finally worked. I got crash with FEH2.2.ova, imported fine but when i click to open i got crash and emulator close. it got solved setting 1cpu. but why if im able to use up to 3 cpus in another emulators. this is a particularity of gms(xyz) in this ova?

Edited by Artoos

7 hours ago, ActualScum said:

Ok, i''ve been using this for some time, but recently i've had a problem: Suddenly, my emulator has been running REALLy slowly, to the point where i can barely even play it, however, this is only the case for the emulator, it starts loading, gets stuck at 99% for 10+ minutes, and when it does start, it's really laggy, yet other programs run just fine. Is it something with my computer or do i have to reinstall?
Edit: Now it's just not starting at all, this is what i'm getting:
"MEmu failed to start. Please reboot the computer and try again, or install the lastest version!
MEmuManage.exe: error: Details: code E_FAIL (0x80004005), component ProgressProxy, interface IProgress"

No idea what is this error about and what is it caused by. You should probably reinstall memu. If error still happens - revert to 2.9.6.1 version of memu.

5 hours ago, Artoos said:

WoW!!! worked finally worked. I got crash with FEH2.2.ova, imported fine but when i click to open i got crash and emulator close. it got solved setting 1cpu. but why if im able to use up to 3 cpus in another emulators. this is a particularity of gms(xyz) in this ova?

I don't know how exactly was this ova edited, can't tell you for sure. Maybe it's just some software incompatibilities.

hmm, you got something like this? 

E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ProgressProxy
Interfaz: IProgress {c20238e4-3221-4d3f-8891-81ce92d9f913}   <- maybe this dont appear in memu, this means that you get a erro in your virtual HD. If this is the case you can solve importing again ova file.

Edited by Artoos

So i started this up and everything works fine, except when I open Heroes and click on "update" for the google play message it just returns me to the home screen.

18 minutes ago, Nanima said:

So i started this up and everything works fine, except when I open Heroes and click on "update" for the google play message it just returns me to the home screen.

Are you sure that you have 3.3.0.2 version of memu?

Try to resume game after returning to home and press "Update" again 2-3 more times.
If it won't work - try to unfreeze play store and see what happens.
If this won't work too - unfreeze all apps and try launching FEH again. If it'll work and you'll proceed to FEH menu - get back to settings, freeze all previously unfreezed apps and clear cache of FEH.

15 minutes ago, mental_offence said:

Are you sure that you have 3.3.0.2 version of memu?

Try to resume game after returning to home and press "Update" again 2-3 more times.
If it won't work - try to unfreeze play store and see what happens.
If this won't work too - unfreeze all apps and try launching FEH again. If it'll work and you'll proceed to FEH menu - get back to settings, freeze all previously unfreezed apps and clear cache of FEH.

I checked and that does seem to be the version I have.

I tried all three steps but the same thing keeps happening. I also get pop ups saying "Unfortunately Google Play store/services has stopped" after unfreezing those apps.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

I checked and that does seem to be the version I have.

I tried all three steps but the same thing keeps happening. I also get pop ups saying "Unfortunately Google Play store/services has stopped" after unfreezing those apps.

Delete this instance of memu and import ova again. Before launching FEH try to set different number of cpu cores in memu settings and change graphic rendering mode.

At this point nothing else can be done. If it won't work - try chinese bluestacks.

10 minutes ago, mental_offence said:

Delete this instance of memu and import ova again. Before launching FEH try to set different number of cpu cores in memu settings and change graphic rendering mode.

At this point nothing else can be done. If it won't work - try chinese bluestacks.

Aaand now Memu is stuck at 99% during start up forever. Maybe it's just my PCs age showing in which case I am well and truly fucked. Thanks anyway.

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

Aaand now Memu is stuck at 99% during start up forever. Maybe it's just my PCs age showing in which case I am well and truly fucked. Thanks anyway.

Probably you hd need be retired like mine, i got this problem with fullova, but worked well with  FEH2.2.ova. You can try import this ova with everything closed in your pc, unistall and redo the steps can be a good idea in case you had tried lot of things...

47 minutes ago, Artoos said:

Probably you hd need be retired like mine, i got this problem with fullova, but worked well with  FEH2.2.ova. You can try import this ova with everything closed in your pc, unistall and redo the steps can be a good idea in case you had tried lot of things...

Hm, it still doesn't work. I suppose I'll just wait until I can hopefully afford a new pc later this year. Still thank you for the advice.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Hm, it still doesn't work. I suppose I'll just wait until I can hopefully afford a new pc later this year. Still thank you for the advice.

An alternative to Memu is a Chinese version of Bluestacks 3. This is what I use when I want to play FEH on my PC, because the Memu method never worked for me. The main downside is that the emulator displays moon runes rather than English in the emulator menus, but, other than that, I haven't had any problems with it after I got it up and running (which was probably about half a year ago). If you wanted, I could try to dig out the information and downloads for how to set it up from the old 803-3001 error thread.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

I was trying lot of settings and i think i got all bugs in this forum.

99% bug - This always happened with when i set graphic to directx

Emulator instace crashing - This happened when i let more than 1 cpu

FEH app crash - This happend after i created a new memu vm instance and clicked yes to update android.

1. I only got fully recovery after a complet unistal:  <flying window key>  + <R>  ; type  appwiz.cpl <enter>; look for MEmu and unistall; 
  2. Redo all steps with not full ova  FEH2.2.ova (in case your pc is old,  close all programs including programs running in background : <ctrl> + <esc> , select some programs that you can recoganize and click end process or just press <delete>);
  3. before open FEH app set vm instance to 1 cpu and nothing more... 

To me this was what worked, hope this can be of some help.... sry for language issues hasuahsuahsua

cap1.PNG

cap2.PNG

cap3.PNG

10 hours ago, Artoos said:

I was trying lot of settings and i think i got all bugs in this forum.

99% bug - This always happened with when i set graphic to directx

Emulator instace crashing - This happened when i let more than 1 cpu

FEH app crash - This happend after i created a new memu vm instance and clicked yes to update android.

1. I only got fully recovery after a complet unistal:  <flying window key>  + <R>  ; type  appwiz.cpl <enter>; look for MEmu and unistall; 
  2. Redo all steps with not full ova  FEH2.2.ova (in case your pc is old,  close all programs including programs running in background : <ctrl> + <esc> , select some programs that you can recoganize and click end process or just press <delete>);
  3. before open FEH app set vm instance to 1 cpu and nothing more... 

To me this was what worked, hope this can be of some help.... sry for language issues hasuahsuahsua

cap1.PNG

cap2.PNG

cap3.PNG

Well, at least it gets past the 99% after switching to one cpu now. But the app still doesn't open for me. I guess I'll try out the chinese emulator next. Thank you for all the help though. Even if it didn't work, I really appreciate it.

• mental_offence changed the title to How to play FEH on Windows (updated for 2.3)

The URL for the OVA are dead and removed by google since it breaks the terms and conditions. I suggest using mega as a mirror site. It is also recommended to RAR the files with a password so it doesn't get removed so easily. 

Edited by honoka_tits

17 hours ago, Nanima said:

Well, at least it gets past the 99% after switching to one cpu now. But the app still doesn't open for me. I guess I'll try out the chinese emulator next. Thank you for all the help though. Even if it didn't work, I really appreciate it.

I have this same problem in my brother's computer, FEH keeps crashing no matter the difference in configurations. Nevertheless, in my computer I have an old version of Memu (2.9.6) and I can run the game without any problems. You could try to use a previous version of Memu and see if it works for you, and if you need the config that I'm using (its the default one I think), I can send you screenshots.  

Edit: Tried to use the downgraded version of Memu in my brother's computer and it still didn't work. It seems is a problem with certain computers or the specs of these. 

Edited by Rhein
Solution didn't work after testing it.

17 hours ago, Nanima said:

Okay, here's the way to install the appropriate Chinese version of Bluestacks. This works even with the newest update (2.3.0).

Spoiler

Steps:

1. Download and install Bluestacks from this Mega link, which was originally posted by Ninferno (who is the one who provided all this information, credit goes to him for this method).

2. Switch the emulator's language to English. Click on the icon that has 4 pictures on it (a cog, an earth, a menu, & a camera). Now click on the cog, which should open the settings menu. Scroll down until you see a colorful icon with various flags on it (US, Japan, China, & Italy), click on that, and scroll down to English and select it. The back button for the emulator is on the bottom left. Exit back to the main screen.

3. Change the engine setting. To do this, click on the triangle symbol on the top right corner of the main interface to bring up the menu.

set.PNG.3505b9acace02c030f2b4e14c31397ee.PNG

Now, there might be a couple different things here, so I'll post the original instructions followed by what I see. Follow whichever matches what shows up for you.

Spoiler

Select the second item which is Engine Setting ("引擎设置").

engis.PNG.75ea86fd91dfa23dd916fc4dcd9c8105.PNG

Change Engine Mode ("引擎模式") from Performance ("性能优先") to Compatibility ("兼容性优先") like below, and then Apply and Restart Engine ("重启引擎生效").

comp.PNG.e7ccf1d9abdeec6ff6ff4b44b5361d88.PNG

Mine:

Spoiler

8BjnaIk.jpg

So for me, I have to select the first option below the triangle. Then it opens up another menu, as you can see on the right. I select the second option, which opens up the engine settings.

Change Engine Mode ("引擎模式") from Performance ("性能优先") to Compatibility ("兼容性优先") like below, and then Apply and Restart Engine ("重启引擎生效").

Leave DirectX selected for now.

4. Install FEH. Find a Fire Emblem Heroes APK file and download it from somewhere (just use Google, or there might even be one in this thread already). To install the APK, just drag and drop it onto the Bluestacks screen. This is also what you do when you want to update the game. Start FEH, link your account, and exit out of the game, before starting the download.

*Note: If FEH doesn't start, but gives you a black screen, try going back to the engine menu from the previous step, and selecting OpenGL instead of DirectX. That fixed it for me. You might consider trying this if the app runs really slow too.

5. Disable Google Play. Go back into the Settings menu (where we turned on English). Under "Device," click on "Apps," and then swipe right until the header reads "All." Go through and disable all the apps with "Google" in the name (e.g., Google Play Games, Play Services/Store/Framework/etc.). If there's an option to uninstall the app, do that too. This needs to be done so you don't get the 803-3001 error.

6. Start up FEH. You'll get an error message telling you to enable Google Play services. Hit the back button once, and the message should blink once. Now click "Enable," which will take you to the Google Play services settings. Do NOT enable it, just hit that back arrow again. FEH will start up, but hit you with that "enable Google Play" message again. Just hit back and it will go away. You'll need to do this every time you start up the app, it's a minor annoyance.

With that, you should be all set to start playing. Hopefully this works for you!

Credits go to Ninferno, and here's the original post:

On 09.03.2018 at 5:03 PM, THD said:

I'm getting a "Failed to Import" error with the FEH2.3full.ova file.

There're two possible problems - either you didn't install lollipop for memu or it's some software incompatibility.

Try to reinstall lollipop and see if it works. If it doesn't - uninstall memu and try 2.9.6.1 version.

10 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Okay, Memu is stuck on the loading screen at 59%.  Any ideas what might be causing this?  If not, could I use another emulator or is this the only one that works with FEH at current?

Either your videocard driver is outdated or you didn't enable hardware virtualization in bios.

If it won't work after updating driver and enabling hardware virtualization - you can try chinese bluestacks, there's a post about it on this page.