Camilla Is Way To O.P.

SapphireZ

Lol so imma just rant on camilla's stats.. first of all HER GOSH DARN ATTACK's!!! if you know the right weapon to give her, you will be blowing through the entire game in one day. IF THAT'S NOT ENOUGH, JUST HER STUPID AMOUNT OF POPULARITY IN ONLINE BATTLES.. IVE SEEN HER IN ALMOST EVERY TEAM. I EVEN USE HER IN MY TEAM. THATS HOW O.P. SHE IS!!!!!!!! look, im triggered your triggered. so comment how triggered you are.. :MarcusYoung:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camilla is considered to be one the the best units in Fates. With good starting stats, availability, growth rates, mother for pairing, class, and personal skill. The only things holding her back are being a flier, weakness to dragon weapons, and iffy hp growth later down the line. But that does not stop her from being one of the best. 

... and it's yet another reason I don't use her.

Team Beruka for dayz!

Get it?  Because Beruka's actually part of Team Camilla anyw- oh, nevermind...

Seriously though, I've never been one to put my stock in what other people say, which is why I've always been so against the grain when it comes to tier lists and the like.  Camilla is a solid unit as a prepromote, but I prefer other units.  Or I should say, other characters.  Key difference, that.

27 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Camilla is considered to be one the the best units in Fates. With good starting stats, availability, growth rates, mother for pairing, class, and personal skill. The only things holding her back are being a flier, weakness to dragon weapons, and iffy hp growth later down the line. But that does not stop her from being one of the best. 

Camilla is the best unit in both of the routes she's usable on. "Being a flier" itself is a net positive.

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I know that, it just sometimes when I play. I leave Camilla too close to an archer, crippling her. My mistake.

lol same thing and i get SO mad

Camilla is awesome! Camilla is top tier for many reasons: unhampered mobility, early join, great bases, great growths, great personal skill, proficient in axes to counter the ever annoying shurikens, and heart seal access to skills that negate her main weaknesses.  She doesn't need to be babied at all and doesn't siphon resources from the rest of your army.  Most prefer her as a Wyvern Lord due to better stats, but I keep her as a Malig Knight to take advantage of the class' higher MAG stat.  She's usually rocking the Bolt Axe and Horse Spirit for that versatile 1-2 range attacking.

Actually all the pre-promotes are awesome in this game!  Conquest is Pre-Promote Emblem!

> UST HER STUPID AMOUNT OF POPULARITY IN ONLINE BATTLES

I mean... she's actually nothing special in PVP

Camilla is OP, but what she really is was to show the player how broken Fates really is for free.

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Personally, I find Camilla better as a Wyvern Lord - Malig Knight runs afoul of the awkward situation that being a hybrid class gives birth to. It also actually has a good level 5 skill, unlike said class.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

16 hours ago, Motendra said:

Idk, I never saw what was so great about her in any of my runs, other than her being an early pre-promote. But hey, that's just my exp

This.

6 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Personally, I find Camilla better as a Wyvern Lord - Malig Knight runs afoul of the awkward situation that being a hybrid class gives birth to. It also actually has a good level 5 skill, unlike said class.

And that.

Camilla is good when you get her, but as soon as your other folks start to reach promotion levels, they quickly eclipse Camilla stat-wise. I think they lied their asses off on her growth rates, because for me, Camilla never levelled the way her growth rates would suggest.

It's likely that your focused unit's will be stronger than Camilia at her join if you've played this game... a little too much, but even in that setting she's free, has fast exp growth and the second best support personal in the game.

She's pretty fucking awful in pvp though by virtue of not being one of the gen2 CQ girls, kana or Azura.

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Camilla is good when you get her, but as soon as your other folks start to reach promotion levels, they quickly eclipse Camilla stat-wise. I think they lied their asses off on her growth rates, because for me, Camilla never levelled the way her growth rates would suggest.

For me Camilla leveled even better than her growths would suggest. That's why we call it RNG.

If Camilla's arrow weakness is a problem, just reclass her to Hero or Berserker (easily achieved via A+ on her retainers among other options), and enjoy your giant statstick.

RNG gonna RNG but normally Camilla is ridiculous upon jointime and retains arguably the best stat build of any character at equal "real" level (that is, her being +3 levels above Leo and +5 above most other units who aren't Gunter/Jakob/Felicia), along with having access to many great classes and skills. The idea that her unpromoted competition catches up to her is largely a myth.

6 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

If Camilla's arrow weakness is a problem, just reclass her to Hero or Berserker (easily achieved via A+ on her retainers among other options), and enjoy your giant statstick.

RNG gonna RNG but normally Camilla is ridiculous upon jointime and retains arguably the best stat build of any character at equal "real" level (that is, her being +3 levels above Leo and +5 above most other units who aren't Gunter/Jakob/Felicia), along with having access to many great classes and skills. The idea that her unpromoted competition catches up to her is largely a myth.

what seal do i use?

1 hour ago, DawnedByAnime said:

what seal do i use?

Fren off A+ Beruka is pretty easy to set up since Cam enjoys fighter line more than hero (+12 stack is Cam's benchmark for serious brave axe abuse) as x/1 dracobaracuda gives move+1 in 11/12/13/14 where it really matter a silver str statue and a late Be pairup.

8 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Fren off A+ Beruka is pretty easy to set up since Cam enjoys fighter line more than hero (+12 stack is Cam's benchmark for serious brave axe abuse) as x/1 dracobaracuda gives move+1 in 11/12/13/14 where it really matter a silver str statue and a late Be pairup.

thx

Another way to give her Fighter is to S with Keaton.  He gives her a ridiculous +7/4/2 boost to STR/SPD/DEF on pair-up.  And Velouria turns out quite vicious.  Plus the purple streak in her hair is very cute :)

33 minutes ago, anniec8711 said:

Another way to give her Fighter is to S with Keaton.  He gives her a ridiculous +7/4/2 boost to STR/SPD/DEF on pair-up.  And Velouria turns out quite vicious.  Plus the purple streak in her hair is very cute :)

yeah i already have them married

Camilla is definatly a good unit but on average her overall stats especially HP, STR and DEF are going to be signaficantly better as a Wyvern lord. The only reason I have ever seen to keeping her in Malig Knight is to pick up skills like Savage Blow. Frankly I prefer the better stats of Wyvern lord, even though I do like Malig Knight's skills so I always class changer her to Wyvern lord. It just seems no wyvern rider in Fates can take full advantage of the Axe or Tome weapon options for Malig Knight most if not all units who have this class available to them will be great with one and alright or poor with the other, which is unfortunate because I really like the idea of a wyvern rider who can also use tomes in addition to axes.

2 hours ago, SavageVolug said:

Camilla is definatly a good unit but on average her overall stats especially HP, STR and DEF are going to be signaficantly better as a Wyvern lord. The only reason I have ever seen to keeping her in Malig Knight is to pick up skills like Savage Blow. Frankly I prefer the better stats of Wyvern lord, even though I do like Malig Knight's skills so I always class changer her to Wyvern lord. It just seems no wyvern rider in Fates can take full advantage of the Axe or Tome weapon options for Malig Knight most if not all units who have this class available to them will be great with one and alright or poor with the other, which is unfortunate because I really like the idea of a wyvern rider who can also use tomes in addition to axes.

Slightly off topic but...

The bolt axe is absolutely an axe.

2 hours ago, SavageVolug said:

Such is the cruel reality of hybrid classes... There's also the issue of being good at neither. Far more often than not, you have a unit who's good at one or the other, OR you have someone who is relatively good with both, but they're outclassed by someone in one of the two categories, in which case it's hard to find a spot for them on the team.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I thought Camilla was very well balanced with very high Atk and decent Spd, but she's not the best. She isn't the perfection that is Ryoma, but when paired up with Ryoma they both help each other out a lot, and eventually you get a bulky Camilla with very high Spd and High Atk, and decent Def and Res that lets you crush most units. However, the underlying problem for Camilla still persists even after proper support and skills, which is her vulnerability to Bows, even with Bowbreaker the RNG in Fates makes things crazy hard to avoid for sure. I'd say Camilla is the 5th best of the Hoshido and Nohr siblings after Ryoma, Xander, Corrin and Takumi.

2 hours ago, Ae†her said:

I'd say Camilla is the 5th best of the Hoshido and Nohr siblings after Ryoma, Xander, Corrin and Takumi.

In Rev? I'm inclined to disagree since she isn't even hampered by her base level in terms of EXP; she's actually a LV15 tier 1 in that regard, so her growth is even better than suggested.

And being a flier in general more than makes up for weakness in bows. That's how FE has always been. She becomes even better when heart sealed to Wyvern Lord (to remove the hybrid gimmick which gimps her a little overall). Either way, fliers in general are always the best candidate to hog resources, or make the best use out of them.

In Conquest, she's the undisputed best unit, for factors already mentioned. Bases are fantastic for her join time (again, for what's essentially a level 15 unit that doesn't need a master seal -- consider that for a second). Granted, dodge tanking is the best way to cheese BR/Rev (aka Ryoma), but in Conquest it's not a reliable strategy. And someone like Takumi is stuck outside of the game where player phase actually matters a lot, which is something against him as well. Considering CQ is by far the more difficult of the three games I think she deserves the most praise as a unit, with Xander very close behind (I'd say he's arguably better than Camilla past his own join time but she has availability).

Stat spread or potential is only one aspect of a unit. Instead, bases vs. avaliability is the most important factor for almost any unit.

Wouldn't say she's 'OP' though (although could have certainly been a bit weaker than she is, same for Ryoma/Xander). Enemies in CQ actually put up a fight, so unlike say, FE7 Marcus who has a similar niche, doesn't really trivialize a portion of the game or anything; she isn't invincible. Wasn't really a fan of the Royals overall since they are basically the game being designed around using all of these units, which is an indirect way of lowering your deployment slots (otherwise you're low-key gimping yourself). Although I suppose that just goes for powerful units in general (like Mathilda, Orsin or Caeda etc..).

Edited by Dunal

In a vacuum,  Xander could be considered a better unit due to his weapon. But when you consider things like Camilla's join time and her bases when joining, on top her growths, I don't think you can dispute her being the best unit in Conquest (Corrin is probably better in Rev though).

I mean, Camilla joins at chapter 10 with bases comparable to Xander, who joins on Chapter 16. And she flat out has better bases than Leo.