Who do you predict for future Seasonal Banners?

DefyingFates

54 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

the most popular and best character Lyn

Lyn isn't definitively the most popular. She could be, sure, but the first CYL poll isn't the best thing to go by for this. Also, I disagree that she's the best. I think she's pretty boring and that Ike is the best.

I wouldn't mind a Tellius seasonal banner being the next spring one, personally.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Lyn isn't definitively the most popular. She could be, sure, but the first CYL poll isn't the best thing to go by for this. Also, I disagree that she's the best. I think she's pretty boring and that Ike is the best.

I wouldn't mind a Tellius seasonal banner being the next spring one, personaly.

Ike isn't definitely the most popular, either. As you did with Ike, I expressed my opinion of Lyn. Also, I disagree that he's the best. I think he's boring in RD and not the best protagonist in PoR and that Lyn is the best.

See I can do it too.

Personally I can see a Tellius spring banner. Elincia's hair color reminds me of spring ESPECIALLY in her Heroes art. I hope they release Laguz first though because they could work for animal-themed springy-Eastery things.

So could Panne but...eh.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Ike isn't definitely the most popular, either. As you did with Ike, I expressed my opinion of Lyn. Also, I disagree that he's the best. I think he's boring in RD and not the best protagonist in PoR and that Lyn is the best.

See I can do it too.

Personally I can see a Tellius spring banner. Elincia's hair color reminds me of spring ESPECIALLY in her Heroes art. I hope they release Laguz first though because they could work for animal-themed springy-Eastery things.

So could Panne but...eh.

It could be either him or Lyn, I'm aware. And sure, you can think Lyn is the best, but please don't parade it around like it's fact. I mean no ill-will towards you, but sometimes your Lyn boasting bugs me a bit. If I've done the same with Ike at times though, I apologize, that was never ever my intention. So I'm not trying to be a hypocrite or anything, I swear.

Anyway, I'm honestly surprised Panne wasn't planned for the first Easter banner. But I wouldn't mind seeing her for the next one, if there's a next one. And yeah, Elincia's hair color is definitely really springy! She'd look great in a spring flowery dress!

I think you've given me a new idea to draw! I'll make her weapon a Flower Tome. Green tome flier!

A banner with two Cordelias and two Leos so I can have both Cordelia Emblem and Leo Emblem.

I'd also like to see a Tellius-focused banner at some point. Though so long as a seasonal banner isn't entirely filled with characters I don't care for, I'll be satisfied.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Lyn is the best

The CYL voting gauntlet begs to differ with you on that one pal.

I really hope if another wedding banner has to happen, we get brides and grooms. 

For people saying X is Canon, Y is Canon... If it doesn't happen specifically in the game, it is not canon. The game may hint at things or add things on certain pairings, but in the end, Hector x Lyn, Eliwood x Ninian, Chrom x Sumia, Robin x Lucina... none of these are canon - they're all one of various endings that a player can receive and none are seen as a 'bad' ending (unlike if people die in Echoes, etc). 

That being said, I like the whole alt realms thing in Awakening and Heroes... and wherever else they appear, because it means all of them can be canon in different universes xD 

For banners, I'd really like: 

Wedding banner: Sigurd, Deirdre, Quan, Ethlyn

Summer Banner: I kinda want to see Reinhardt on this one, honestly. He's normally very stiff so it'd be nice to see him a bit more relaxed (like Naked Xander's lvl 40 says he gets to be. I really liked that). I expect to see Ike on this one. Probably with chicken, for the memes. I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up with at least one seasonal alt this year. 

As for the females... I would say probably a busty woman and a loli... Not sure who, though. 

Halloween - While headless Eldigan would be sort of cool... I also don't want to see it because it's too much for me. Gah, Eldigan v.v Same for Sigurd on a barbeque. Not a meme I want to see >.< 

Pumpkin Fae would be adorable. Give me a pumpkin Fae. Or an Easter Chick Fae. Also would be adorable :) ...Maybe Easter Chick Fae and Pumpkin Myrrh. 

Christmas: Santa Athos. Make it happen, IS :D 

Edited by Cute Chao

After Nohrian/Hoshidan/Ylissean/Elibean seasonal banners, I could go for stuff like Valmese (SUMMER WALHART, also Virion, Cherche and I guess Say'ri?), Crimean (Nephenee and Elincia would look great in New Year's kimono), Magvelian and so on seasonal banners. I was going to say Daein instead of Crimea but then got stuck on its conjugation, plus Nephenee in kimono

Fae, young Tiki and other kid characters in full-body animal costumes would be great too. Make chicken Fae and pumpkin Fae happen please.

10 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I really hope if another wedding banner has to happen, we get brides and grooms.

This, this and this so much. In fact, to balance things out, clearly we need an all-grooms banner.

Also I would hope they release beast units in regular pool before making seasonal ones.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

It could be either him or Lyn, I'm aware. And sure, you can think Lyn is the best, but please don't parade it around like it's fact. I mean no ill-will towards you, but sometimes your Lyn boasting bugs me a bit. If I've done the same with Ike at times though, I apologize, that was never ever my intention. So I'm not trying to be a hypocrite or anything, I swear.

Yeah? Well your Ike boasting bugs me too, and you parade around your "Ike is best" opinion like fact way more than anyone has ever paraded an opinion on these forums before. In fact, I don't boast about Lyn all that much, if anything I boast about Brom way more.

Don't praise Ike, AT ALL, for the next...say...six months, THEN you'll have the right to say someone else's character-boasting bugs you.

4 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

This, this and this so much. In fact, to balance things out, clearly we need an all-grooms banner.

I wouldn't complain about that xD 

Who I'd want on a groom's banner: Ares, Kent, Geoffrey, Perceval (saving Volug and Cormag for summer ;) ) 

Who I'd sort of expect to see on a groom's banner: Marth, Sigurd, Ephraim, Alm... Maybe? I can't imagine them not going for lords for it xD 

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yeah? Well your Ike boasting bugs me too, and you parade around your "Ike is best" opinion like fact way more than anyone has ever paraded an opinion on these forums before. In fact, I don't boast about Lyn all that much, if anything I boast about Brom way more.

Don't praise Ike, AT ALL, for the next...say...six months, THEN you'll have the right to say someone else's character-boasting bugs you.

...Dude, chill. I was trying to be civil and not start anything. And I'm pretty sure I say "I think Ike is the best" or "Imo, Ike is the best" and only on occasion. Not as much as you make it out to be. I don't just go "Ike is the best" and that's it. There's a difference.

Also, six months has to be a huge exaggeration...

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

When reading their A-support, Ninian is harboring some secret that she states that she doesn't want to tell Eliwood. It's highly likely that this secret is what Nils says at the end of the game about how the air of the human world is poisonous to the dragon siblings if they'd remain. Plus the pair up affects Nils's ending.

The secret is that she is a dragon. You don't find out until after the chances to support are over- when the Durandal goes slashy slash. Not telling someone you're dragon is a pretty big hindrance to true romance. What does it matter she won't live for long if she can't say exactly why?

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

saving Volug and Cormag for summer ;) ) 

Volug already leaves rather little to the imagination. What do want, to see him in a thong? Do you have a thing for legs? Because he already has the chest on full display, and the Laguz Gems cannot be shown per FE rating standards.

I'd rather see someone already well covered stripped down in their swimmies. Merric would be cute actually. Surrounded by many guys with buff bods, his slightly flabby unathletic nerdy self leaves himself feeling inadequate, not realizing his ordinariness and insecurity has a certain appealing sweetness to it.

I'll approve of Cormag though. He can shovel sand for sand bars for the upcoming hurricane season (in a speedo....), he seems to be really humble and serious and would throw himself into the work without complaint.

As for the shipping of Eliwood or anyone else, I'll invoke the word (circa FE4) of the divine creator of FE the Ka-God:

Finally, there is a final word from Kaga who mentions that every player has their own story; the discussions here are just a few of these stories, they aren’t supposed to be the true answers or settings.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Volug already leaves rather little to the imagination. What do want, to see him in a thong? Do you have a thing for legs? Because he already has the chest on full display, and the Laguz Gems cannot be shown per FE rating standards.

I'd rather see someone already well covered stripped down in their swimmies. Merric would be cute actually. Surrounded by many guys with buff bods, his slightly flabby unathletic nerdy self leaves himself feeling inadequate, not realizing his ordinariness and insecurity has a certain appealing sweetness to it.

I'll approve of Cormag though. He can shovel sand for sand bars for the upcoming hurricane season (in a speedo....), he seems to be really humble and serious and would throw himself into the work without complaint.

As for the shipping of Eliwood or anyone else, I'll invoke the word (circa FE4) of the divine creator of FE the Ka-God:

Finally, there is a final word from Kaga who mentions that every player has their own story; the discussions here are just a few of these stories, they aren’t supposed to be the true answers or settings.

Yup, I fully agree with that last part about canon. I mean, there's still some canon pairings, but not the ones mentioned. I really like the relationship they have set up between Hector, Eliwood and Lyn in the latest one, though. Someone mentioned it was about three different types of love - crush (Lilina), Parent/Child (Roy/Eliwood, Lilina/Hector) and friendship (Hector/Lyn/Eliwood), and I really liked that :D

For Volug, it's more the playful side of summer I'd like to see (although I'm sure he has great legs under his baggy trousers xD). He lives in the desert and he seems fairly serious and loyal at first glance, but he does look to have a bit more of a playful side (wondering if anyone would be scared if he ate the enemy springs to mind... though only if you take it as a joke xD ). I'd kinda like to see that, and I feel summer would bring it out more in him. Maybe Easter would work... but I just don't see it. And he really wouldn't be right as a groom. Maybe Christmas, again, since he gave Micaiah the gift, but unless they go like Tharja, it'll just cover him up and why would anyone want to do that? xD  

That being said, speedo Camus would totally work. And speedo Cormag is a complete yes :D I really like his personality in SS. I do tend to go for the more serious, loyal types (can you tell? xD), so nearly all my picks would be of that type, though, to be fair. 

Never really thought of Merric for summer, but I wouldn't complain. Nerdy guys need love, too :) 

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I really like his personality in SS. I do tend to go for the more serious, loyal types (can you tell? xD), so nearly all my picks would be of that type, though, to be fair. 

Well that explains Volug then. He is a loyal quiet dog following Nailah and Rafiel across the uncrossable Desert of Death, and then staying beside Micaiah loyally thereafter and fetching a Blue Gem for her (which Ilyana always steals to pay for Oscar's cooking in the Greil Mercenaries).

I wonder why the Queen of Hatari brought him with her. She never actually says why, but she should have had some good reason for choosing him. Adding real supports to RD- I'm not sure if that would explain things since Volug can't speak the Common Tongue and Nailah-Volug would probably be incomprehensibly in all Ancient Tongue.

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Someone mentioned it was about three different types of love - crush (Lilina), Parent/Child (Roy/Eliwood, Lilina/Hector) and friendship (Hector/Lyn/Eliwood), and I really liked that :D

Sounds nice. I remember reading once the Classical Greeks divided love into three types: Eros- passionate love, can be sexual, but it doesn't have to be and can be applied to something or someplace instead of someone. Filial love- love for family and close friends. Lastly Agape- world love, the universal love for everything and everyone, even if there is nothing to love about them.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well that explains Volug then. He is a loyal quiet dog following Nailah and Rafiel across the uncrossable Desert of Death, and then staying beside Micaiah loyally thereafter and fetching a Blue Gem for her (which Ilyana always steals to pay for Oscar's cooking in the Greil Mercenaries).

I wonder why the Queen of Hatari brought him with her. She never actually says why, but she should have had some good reason for choosing him. Adding real supports to RD- I'm not sure if that would explain things since Volug can't speak the Common Tongue and Nailah-Volug would probably be incomprehensibly in all Ancient Tongue.

I think SF has translations of the Ancient Tongue, and Nailah always spoke to him in English (probably for our benefit) on screen, so it could still work. I always figured Volug was her second in command or something and she wanted more than one guard for Rafiel, although I guess that theory goes away. His loyalty would probably be a factor. But all guessing. I think one reason RD and SD are my least replayed translated FEs are because of the supports. I wish they'd left the support system in but still given certain people special supports for RD... and just given supports in SD. Abel and Cain still can't support, even in MotE v.v

That being said, I'd really like Leanne and Volug in Heroes just to see how they do it. I mean, Leanne can speak some Common Tongue in RD although she is hesitant, but I just imagine all Volug's quotes being in a different language. I mean, they had some of it in RD, so maybe we could have it again :) Then someone will have to translate xD Shame Volug wasn't more popular :( 

Then again, he's more popular than Kent, so he's more likely, I guess... Maybe after the twentieth alt Camilla, Lyn, Hector, Ike, Eirika, etc, etc... I might get a shadow that looks like one or the other and turns out just to be a seasonal Ike in wolf ears or something >.<

Sounds nice. I remember reading once the Classical Greeks divided love into three types: Eros- passionate love, can be sexual, but it doesn't have to be and can be applied to something or someplace instead of someone. Filial love- love for family and close friends. Lastly Agape- world love, the universal love for everything and everyone, even if there is nothing to love about them.

That's pretty cool :D I mean, they're all excited about the day and the festival, so maybe they all display Agape, too :) 

As for who I think is going to appear, I think we are finally going to start seeing seasonals from non 3DS games on a regular basis, and I think Tellius will get the next batch of seasonals. 

But really, I just want a seasonal Cherche

Can we go ahead and get banners for the remaining lords in the series? Thanks for whenever you get to that, IS. probably never at this point

We've had the Bridal banner. Am I ever going to get my Grooms? No? Okay.

Seriously though, I predict a Groom banner because we've already had the females only banner. It's the guys' turn now. And, whenever we get one, I'mma need ma boi Virion to be on it front and center because he was your first ally in Heroes; he deserves some kind of reparation for the injustice of being dethroned by Fjorm. Marth comes to mind as another unit that could be on the banner because WHY DOESN'T THIS MAN HAVE AN ALTERNATE YET his wife was on the Bridal banner. The other two slots could be filler, I guess.

If there are gonna be more varied special characters I just hope they tone down the more, like... how can I put this... "easy" fanservice. I don't wanna see stuff like Sigurd with bunny ears or beach loli Fae. The Valentine's banner is a good start. 

10 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I wouldn't complain about that xD 

Who I'd want on a groom's banner: Ares, Kent, Geoffrey, Perceval (saving Volug and Cormag for summer ;) ) 

Who I'd sort of expect to see on a groom's banner: Marth, Sigurd, Ephraim, Alm... Maybe? I can't imagine them not going for lords for it xD 

Honestly, I would like Groom Marth and Groom Benny to go with Caeda and Charlotte. Though I would want Charlotte and Benny as regular units first, but bridal Charlotte kind of killed that wish already.
No idea who two could pair well with Lyn and Cordelia at least without massive fanwar over it, but I guess Chrom and Eliwood/Hector would make the most sense because lords? I would prefer other characters though.

Volug would certainly be interesting as a seasonal! Almost makes me go back on my wish to see regular beast units before we get seasonal ones. Not going to lie though, unless Volug's art has him in his wolf form, IS can only disappoint me in regards to him.

12 hours ago, Sylphid said:

Honestly, I would like Groom Marth and Groom Benny to go with Caeda and Charlotte. Though I would want Charlotte and Benny as regular units first, but bridal Charlotte kind of killed that wish already.
No idea who two could pair well with Lyn and Cordelia at least without massive fanwar over it, but I guess Chrom and Eliwood/Hector would make the most sense because lords? I would prefer other characters though.

Volug would certainly be interesting as a seasonal! Almost makes me go back on my wish to see regular beast units before we get seasonal ones. Not going to lie though, unless Volug's art has him in his wolf form, IS can only disappoint me in regards to him.

Nooo, no wolf for his art form! I want to see him in all his beauty. 

They knew how to get me with his art. I have a love of purple eyes, which work amazingly with his tanned skin (and lack of shirt :D )... and then he has ears and a tail, which are just adorable :D I only wish we got to learn more about him. 

That being said, Nailah is my favourite FE female from what we saw of her. I love her design and her character. She's just amazing. Her wolf form is beautiful, too. I really wish those two could get into the game (and Rafiel to make a neat three person banner :D )

Honestly, I think I'd want the grooms to be fully separate from the brides, with the exception of Marth. I mean, this Valentine's banner went down well in the end, but everyone is so sensitive about the idea that their pairing might suddenly be seen as not canon or another one will become more canon. Makes me wonder if there was such an uproar when Thracia sort of confirmed a few pairings from HW as 'canon'. Honestly, Awakening and Heroes' alt realities make everything a possibility these days xD 

I can definitely see Nino getting a variant this year. I’d say as part of the Spring banner next month. Maybe even bringing Raigh along so he can get a better version of himself. 

As for others:

- Camilla is most likely getting Brides or Summer. One of them.

- Ryoma gets Summer or Halloween

- Ninian will probably get a variant this year. Spring, Summer or Brides. 

- Sumia gets Brides

- Arvis gets Summer (Time for a barbecue!) 

- Genny gets Spring or Christmas 

- Delthea gets Summer, err, Spring, Brides or Halloween

- Luthier is probably getting one of Delthea gets one

- Tobin or Gray gets Spring or Summer

- Faye gets Brides or Summer

- Tsubasa for Brides or Summer

- Kiria gets Halloween

- Zephiel gets Spring, Summer, Halloween or Christmas alongside Idoun or Fae

I hope Hinoka gets a variant this year. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I'm glad that they're moving beyond just Awakening/Fates characters for seasonals. I fully expect them to give Marth a seasonal variant, and, really, I'm surprised they haven't done so yet, given how popular he is. There's also a good chance Ephraim and Ike will get seasonal costumes as well. Reinhardt, too, given his fame in Heroes.

For the ladies, I think they'll do Lucina again, and I think Celica, Ninian, and Eirika are strong possibilities as well, maybe Micaiah, Mia, and Elincia. I personally would really like to get alts of Minerva and the Whitewings. It's at least a possibility. And, at some point in time, they are going to do a Summer Camilla. We all know it's going to happen eventually.

On 2/10/2018 at 1:07 PM, SoulWeaver said:

For some reason I only saw the headphones and thought it was a TWEWY Tiki. Someone make a TWEWFE Banner happen.

TWEWY Tiki needs to happen! They can release her as a promotional for when the TWEWY remake comes out!

On 2/10/2018 at 2:26 PM, Lau said:

I can see Bride!Sumia making an appearance...

Or how about a random Bride!Villager?

On 2/10/2018 at 6:36 PM, Cute Chao said:

Summer Banner: I kinda want to see Reinhardt on this one, honestly. He's normally very stiff so it'd be nice to see him a bit more relaxed (like Naked Xander's lvl 40 says he gets to be. I really liked that). I expect to see Ike on this one. Probably with chicken, for the memes. I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up with at least one seasonal alt this year. 

As for the females... I would say probably a busty woman and a loli... Not sure who, though.

I think Reinhardt would be a good option. And I think it'd be really funny if they did Y!Tiki, since they did A!Tiki last year.

Edited by Astellius

13 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Nooo, no wolf for his art form! I want to see him in all his beauty. 

They knew how to get me with his art. I have a love of purple eyes, which work amazingly with his tanned skin (and lack of shirt :D )... and then he has ears and a tail, which are just adorable :D I only wish we got to learn more about him. 

That being said, Nailah is my favourite FE female from what we saw of her. I love her design and her character. She's just amazing. Her wolf form is beautiful, too. I really wish those two could get into the game (and Rafiel to make a neat three person banner :D )

Honestly, I think I'd want the grooms to be fully separate from the brides, with the exception of Marth. I mean, this Valentine's banner went down well in the end, but everyone is so sensitive about the idea that their pairing might suddenly be seen as not canon or another one will become more canon. Makes me wonder if there was such an uproar when Thracia sort of confirmed a few pairings from HW as 'canon'. Honestly, Awakening and Heroes' alt realities make everything a possibility these days xD 

Wolf form doesn't have to be in all of his art ;) I was mostly thinking of the attack art.

I would defnitely like that three person banner! Nailah is awesome.

I can definitely see your point on separated groom banner. I was just thinking about combining characters who had an obvious connection in their base game (not necessarily romantic one), not really how it would seem if they were in bride/groom banner lol.

13 hours ago, Astellius said:

TWEWY Tiki needs to happen! They can release her as a promotional for when the TWEWY remake comes out!

Why stop there? Make an entire TWEWFE Tempest Trial while we're at it, with Tiki as the Free Unit representing Neku and four other Units representing Shiki, Beat, Rhyme and Joshua as the Banner!

On 2/11/2018 at 6:10 AM, saisymbolic said:

Can we go ahead and get banners for the remaining lords in the series? Thanks for whenever you get to that, IS. probably never at this point

We've had the Bridal banner. Am I ever going to get my Grooms? No? Okay.

Seriously though, I predict a Groom banner because we've already had the females only banner. It's the guys' turn now. And, whenever we get one, I'mma need ma boi Virion to be on it front and center because he was your first ally in Heroes; he deserves some kind of reparation for the injustice of being dethroned by Fjorm. Marth comes to mind as another unit that could be on the banner because WHY DOESN'T THIS MAN HAVE AN ALTERNATE YET his wife was on the Bridal banner. The other two slots could be filler, I guess.

The event calendar showed that there would be 2 new heroes summoning events in a row. Seeing that IS has been putting in some effort into patching up the holes of low-representation of certain games like Genealogy, SS, PoR, RD, it would't be too farfetched for them to release a Thracia banner. RIP my orbs for Fin. I would also like to see more BB representation.

Edited by silveraura25

I'm really really hoping for a grooms banner in the future. Marth, Chrom, Sigurd, and Pent grooms in white tuxes please and than you IS.

At least I can be certain of getting said costume for Marth in the FEW Shadow Dragon DLC pack in a couple days.