Do you think full voice acting should return?

Do you think full voice acting should return?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think full voice acting should return?

• Yes, it made the series better
    • No, I would have the pre Echoes voice acting

21 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

How would that change anything? Not like that'll matter since they'll have a default name anyway plus they can easily use simple nicknames (ie Milord, Milady, Sire etc) it was fine in many other series games it was no problem same could be for this game.

I would say that is a great idea if they decide to put avatars in the game, it would make it more enjoyable with that style of address to whatever you named your avatar.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When done well it can really bring life to characters and I would like to see it return. However Warriors is unfortunately hit or miss it seems with it's voice acting, for example I think Minnerva's voice acting is superbly done but Hinoka's on the other hand really grates on me. So while I would like to see it return I hope that ALL the voice acting is well done not just some of it.

I'm fine with full voice acting -in the original Japanese-.  The English dubbing has been utterly cringeworthy, so far (Effie McSteroids and Buttercup Hinoka are the biggest offenders in Fates; I'd complain about Camilla, but that one's actually faithful to the original Japanese version, so I guess she's just annoying, period).  At minimum, I'd want to option to keep the original Japanese voice acting and install subtitles in the animated sequences, instead. 

Also, get rid of the voice cues in text-based dialogue sequences; they're unnecessary and often conflict with the emotions the writers are attempting to convey, to the point that significant amounts of narm are generated.  If there's going to be voice acting for a given segment, make it a fully-voiced segment, and if it's going to be text-based, leave it text-based.