Feedback for Fanfiction: Tsubaki vs Takumi. Who would win?

MoonRose

Hello! I'm working on a Birthright fanfiction in which my male Corrin, Everona, becomes embroiled in a love triangle between Takumi and Tsubaki. I'm having trouble deciding who Everona should go with. :) If it helps, please imagine female Corrin or insert the female Corrin in your playthrough. Perhaps you had her marry one of them.

Here I go. Everona struggles to adjust to life with his Hoshidan family and friends, wracked with grief over leaving behind Xander, Elise, Camilla and Leo. Xander in particular because of their emotionally intimate background and their mentor-pupil relationship. The Hoshidans, save for Takumi, do everything in their power to make Everona feel warm, welcome and loved. Despite Takumi's increasingly frosty nature towards him, Everona grows fascinated with him, even calling him beautiful at one point. 

Through a series of unbearably emotional events and battles, Takumi slowly opens up to Everona. Seeing Everona interact with Ryoma, Sakura and the others helps Takumi to feel more and more comfortable with him, Everona all the while continuing to call him beautiful and amazing (despite knowing Takumi's his brother).

Everona asks Takumi to tutor him in archery. That expedites the process, the physical distance between them helping. Takumi stumbles upon Everona weeping over a recent encounter with Xander, and silently hugs him. Whenever Everona compliments him, a blushing Takumi's temper flares and cue him throwing/punching Rona into oblivion. Hatred gradually becomes aggravation.

Enter Tsubaki. Everona counsels him and comforts him over his brutal self-loathing. At one point, Rona finds the flower Tsubaki was named after and puts it in his hair. Tsubaki soon becomes smitten with Everona and dotes over him as the war unfolds.

Cue another encounter with Xander. Takumi prevents Xander from wounding a panic-stricken, grief-stricken Everona but aims an arrow right at Xander's forehead. Tsubaki steps in front of Xander, steely-eyed: "Forgive me, Prince Takumi, but I won't allow anyone, Hoshidan or Nohrian, to break Lord Everona's heart".

There you have it-what I have so far. :) Who do you think Everona/Corrin should side with: Takumi or Tsubaki? Who should my protagonist choose? How should Takumi respond? And please, if it helps, think of your female Corrin and why she married Takumi or Tsubaki.

Thank you!

15 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Not a yaoi fan, but Takumi sounds violent and abusive here, so I'll say Subaki.

I always recommend this site for things like this, it has a whole section on writing romance and shipping. Good luck!

Ow. Did I really make Takumi sound that horrible? :( I've been through the site thanks to you and it really does have great information I can use for all of my writing.

Anyways, thank you for being friendly about the yaoi element. It took heart for you to respond like that.

Glad I can help!

I used to hate yaoi, it's still not my preference, but I've found that it's not worth it to complain if someone likes it. I've become much more accepting over the years of gays, bis, transgenders, and non binary people due to meeting all of those groups online. I still write and roleplay hetero cisgender though because it's what's normal to me.

As for Takumi, if you read through the romance and shipping articles on that site, you'll see that he's displaying tons of red flags, yeah...realistically, would you want to be romantically involved with someone who beats you up like that, physically and mentally, even if they were very attractive? Think of it that way. It might even be slightly out of character for him to get that physically aggressive. I'd say he'd just lash out verbally.

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Glad I can help!

I used to hate yaoi, it's still not my preference, but I've found that it's not worth it to complain if someone likes it. I've become much more accepting over the years of gays, bis, transgenders, and non binary people due to meeting all of those groups online. I still write and roleplay hetero cisgender though because it's what's normal to me.

As for Takumi, if you read through the romance and shipping articles on that site, you'll see that he's displaying tons of red flags, yeah...realistically, would you want to be romantically involved with someone who beats you up like that, physically and mentally, even if they were very attractive? Think of it that way. It might even be slightly out of character for him to get that physically aggressive. I'd say he'd just lash out verbally.

I say this from the bottom of my heart-thank you for your change of heart. It really does make a difference in the world.

But hm. Now I'm considering nipping the love triangle altogether, because Takumi does a bit more (as in a lot more) before calming down. Then he and Ryoma disappear as they do in-game, giving Tsubaki more time to be sweet and adorable.

Thank you so much!