FE1 Tier List That No One Wanted

BlueCavalier

I decided to post an FE1 tier list because I tended to disagree with what I found on the web. A few things of note:

Firstly, this is a LTC/Draft tier list. When playing the game casually, certain units get a lot better and certain units get a lot worse. FE1 is a really easy game so you could theoretically use anyone you wanted to, but for LTC/Draft it gets a little more complicated.

In addition, this tier list does not take into account full recruitment LTCs. As such, I do penalize units for wasting turns to recruit.

Pantsless Tier:

1. Marth

Top Tier:

2. Rena (Lena)

3. Sheeda (Caeda)

4. Abel

5. Hardin

6. Wendell

7. Cain

8. Merric

9. Boha

High Tier:

10. Julian

11. Ricardo (Rickard)

12. Jagen

13. Oguma

14. Navarre

15. Barts (Barst)

Mid Tier:

16. Wolf

17. Roshe

18. Kashim (Castor)

19. Maji (Cord)

20. Midia

21. Astram

22. Fresh squeezed bench juice Matthis

23. Doga (Draug)

24. Saji (Bord)

25. Thomas (Tomas)

26. Chainy (Xane)

Low Tier:

27. Radd

28. Caesar

29. Gordin

30. Maria

31. Minerva

32. Biraku (Vyland)

33. Zagaro (Sedgar)

34. Elice

35. Godoh (Gotoh)

Bottom Tier:

36. Lawrence (Lorenz)

37. Darros

38. Dolph

39. Macellan

40. Roger

41. Bantu

42. Tiki

Complete Waste of Time Tier:

43. Riff (Wrys)

44. Beck

45. Paola (Palla)

46. Samson

47. Arran

48. Katua (Catria)

49. Linde

50. Jake

51. Est

52. Jeorge

Feel free to discuss placement below.

In FE3, Lorenz can beat Medeus in a 0% growths run. Maybe I should check later and see if he can do the same in FE1. FE3's Lorenz has slightly higher stats and the ability to use Gradivus.

Bantu has that bizarre promotion item glitch, if you're counting it.

I'm kinda surprised Palla and Est ranked so lowly. Similar Jeorge seemed to be a good pre promote. I really should play FE1 again.

Thanks for posting this, FE1 doesn't get a lot of attention.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Jeorge would be way better if he wasn't very out of the way. As stated this is with LTC in mind.

He's much better in Mystery overall.

Edited by Jedi

Being more accustomed to rating the characters without their recruitment costs I don't have too much input on the list overall, though on its own terms I'd contest at least Shiida's and Tomas' placements.

Silver lance (being just a heavier and less accurate silver sword) doesn't net Shiida any ORKOs other units couldn't easily reach. Doubling thresholds are lenient enough to the point that her speed won't give her a distinctive advantage and the low strength starts to show; promotion by C19 at the earliest is a bit too late to really remedy her issues.

This is the one game where Tomas can actually be really good, given just two level ups and the C12 bolt to cash in on those delicious Sniper bases. That means decent combat in general, capacity to ORKO all enemy Dracoknights and tasty riverwalk capabilities. Mid tier hosts a few others with more questionable utility.

On 2/12/2018 at 12:48 PM, Emperor Hardin said:

In FE3, Lorenz can beat Medeus in a 0% growths run. Maybe I should check later and see if he can do the same in FE1.

Three power rings net him 2x2 damage with the devil sword; not likely. Bar Jagen and Midia, any Draco/Paladin can pull 5x2 with the same amount, a manual and the Gradivus.

Edited by Topazd

On February 13, 2018 at 6:48 AM, Topazd said:

Being more accustomed to rating the characters without their recruitment costs I don't have too much input on the list overall, though on its own terms I'd contest at least Shiida's and Tomas' placements.

Silver lance (being just a heavier and less accurate silver sword) doesn't net Shiida any ORKOs other units couldn't easily reach. Doubling thresholds are lenient enough to the point that her speed won't give her a distinctive advantage and the low strength starts to show; promotion by C19 at the earliest is a bit too late to really remedy her issues.

The thing with Shiida in non-full recruitment LTC is that she's likely going to be your only flier. Recruiting Minerva, Paola, and Katua wastes turns and you're probably going to Warp-skip Chapter 18, not that you'd be using Est anyway. While I'd agree she's not as good of a raw combat unit as Abel, Hardin, or even Cain, she's certainly usable, especially with Silver Lance, and with flier utility I'd say she's still a solid top-tier.

On February 13, 2018 at 6:48 AM, Topazd said:

This is the one game where Tomas can actually be really good, given just two level ups and the C12 bolt to cash in on those delicious Sniper bases. That means decent combat in general, capacity to ORKO all enemy Dracoknights and tasty riverwalk capabilities. Mid tier hosts a few others with more questionable utility.

Agreed. Tomas also has the added benefit of being one of two viable Partia users, and Wolf is by no means irreplaceable. My issue with Tomas is that he has pretty late availability and though it's very easy to get him to Sniper, he still has to deal with two levels of being an Archer in the game where they (arguably) suck the most.

I'm curious as to who in Mid Tier you consider to have questionable utility.

• 3 weeks later...