How likely would it be for the TMS#FE characters to get in?

Corrobin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what they should do is if they do a port to the switch and then make a banner for them during that time, that would give them a better opportunity to put them in the game.  Just from a marketing stand point.

I would love to have them in the game.

1 minute ago, kingddd said:

I think what they should do is if they do a port to the switch and then make a banner for them during that time, that would give them a better opportunity to put them in the game.  Just from a marketing stand point.

I would love to have them in the game.

This pretty much.

I've still yet to play the game due to the trash localization, not sure if I'll ever, but I personally wouldn't mind as it looked good besides that. However, I don't think they will ever come along for FEH. Maybe in desperate times for new units and with a lack of new ideas, but I always had the feeling that they would prefer it if the entire thing gets forgotten. I'd definitely not count on it.

Besides, why put them in if you can just make a legendary Camilla instead?

I suppose Mamori would be a good way to get an Armored refresher into the game. Do they have a horse rider? I've never played it, but I don't recall seeing anyone on a horse in any of the videos I've seen(pegasus sure, but not a land horse).

I'm not sure if it would happen or not. But if I'd have yo give a yes or no answer then I'd say no. OCs of that game are probably Atlus property since that's the same reasoning people give the lemon twins for not being in the game due to them probably being Koei property.

I want Yashiro so much, I don't care if he would be red I want him.  My hope is they will port TMS to the Switch and TMS will get a full 4 person banner with Yashiro as a TT or GHB reward.  Of course they did not put the OCs from Warriors so I honestly gave up hope after that.  Plus like stated above me shared property with another company.  

6 minutes ago, Usana said:

I suppose Mamori would be a good way to get an Armored refresher into the game. Do they have a horse rider? I've never played it, but I don't recall seeing anyone on a horse in any of the videos I've seen(pegasus sure, but not a land horse).

Touma Akagi's Fire Emblem represent is Cain.  Though he's more lance his attack animations are pretty much a rider style.

Touma rides a horse-...motorcycle-... thing in some of his special moves. I think he'd be a mounted lance-user in FEH if he made it, though infantry is certainly possible. Tsubasa is in a similar position.

Anyway I'd be happy to see TMS characters in the game (particularly Touma, Tsubasa, and Ellie), but I don't think it's too likely. The fact that they didn't even show up as options in the CYL polls kinda shows that they aren't on the developers' minds.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm not sure if it would happen or not. But if I'd have yo give a yes or no answer then I'd say no. OCs of that game are probably Atlus property since that's the same reasoning people give the lemon twins for not being in the game due to them probably being Koei property.

Considering they have all appeared on Cipher cards, this shouldn't be the case. 

I think they will come eventually.

The TMS characters coming in Heroes is about as likely as the Cipher and Warriors OCs coming in Heroes. Considering the fact that you couldn't vote for the Cipher OCs in the second CYL, despite them being playable in Echoes kinda shows that we won't be seeing them in Heroes for a while, if at all. Warriors and TMS weren't even on the list. I'd love to see these guys in Heroes but the chances of that happening are really slim.

They probably won't ever be appearing. Imo, the FEW twins have a better chance. Not only could you not vote for those characters in either CYL event as others pointed out, TMS sold like shit and was not very well liked as far as I know. I wouldn't even expect a Switch port due to how poorly it did.

If they made a port and advertised it as a stand alone game rather than a crossover, then maybe.

I love TMS, and I'd love to have Touma and Ellie in Heroes. Tbh, I enjoyed TMS's story than the likes of Fates and Sacred Stones, but that's for another day.

the aforementioned legal problems would make that tricky, but I do think it would be doable if there was enough demand, but the game bombed and it is hard to tell if a switch re release would even be profitable, so the number of people who would even know who these characters are is already pretty low and thus even if everyone who played SMT requested the characters through feedback, I doubt even that would be enough. they would need some level of assurance that the SMT characters would get enough orb sales to compensate for any royalties that may need to be paid every time they use them in a banner or in a GHB or BHB or TT. of course that last part is just an assumption on my part, they could pay one big licensing fee and call it a day which is also a possibility, either way more money is likely spent on their inclusion than usual.

I personally don't want them but wouldn't really mind them.

I don't feel they fit the Fire Emblem universe and I'd rather get the Fire Emblem Warriors or Cipher exclusives instead. Or maybe Al/Tiena/Gant from the manga. 

It'd be cool, but due to copyright issues I personally don't see it happening.

Also iirc IS was asked about this once early in the game's lifespan, and they said something along the lines of "the modern aesthetic clashes" so it wasn't on the to do list or something like that.  I'll have to find a source though.

Edit: https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/fe-heroes-developer-interview-nintendo-dream-vol-276-translated/

Edited by Glaceon Mage

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

TMS sold like shit

55 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

but the game bombed

While it's true that the game only sold 10 copies (i'm exaggerating) i don't think the sales are affecting the characters chances. Thracia and Tellius also sold like shit (but sold more than 10) but Tellius has a decent amount of representation in Heroes (poor Thracia only has two and Leif isn't even in yet). Stuff like copyright issues provide a better case for the TMS characters not appearing.

38 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

"the modern aesthetic clashes"

I would've agreed with this at the start of the game's lifespan but considering some of the Seasonal Outfits and the fact that the Summoner canonically originates from modern day Earth, i'd say that the "modern aesthetic" clashing isn't too big of an issue anymore. Of course, i still doubt the TMS characters are anywhere near the developers' minds right now.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

While it's true that the game only sold 10 copies (i'm exaggerating) i don't think the sales are affecting the characters chances. Thracia and Tellius also sold like shit (but sold more than 10) but Tellius has a decent amount of representation in Heroes (poor Thracia only has two and Leif isn't even in yet). Stuff like copyright issues provide a better case for the TMS characters not appearing.

Tellius also has characters who are popular, including the possibly most popular of all in Ike. Not to mention Tellius is generally well liked by those who did play it. I've not seen much praise for TMS. Tellius and Thracia are also mainstream FE while TMS is a spinoff with little to do with FE.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Tellius also has characters who are popular, including the possibly most popular of all in Ike. Not to mention Tellius is generally well liked by those who did play it. I've not seen much praise for TMS.

Ok but what about the two Thracia characters in Heroes? Reinhardt went from being a nobody to one of the most popular characters in the series.  Olwen didn't get nearly as much popularity as her brother but she's still probably more well known than every other Thracia character who isn't Leif.

It's hard to see praise for TMS when only 10 people have played it (again, that's an exaggeration but from what i've heard from people who've actually played the game, TMS is extremely underrated).

1 hour ago, Coolmanio said:

Considering they have all appeared on Cipher cards, this shouldn't be the case. 

I think they will come eventually.

Actually, now that I think of it, it very much could be the issue with both TMS and Warriors.

Cipher's market is exclusively Japan, which means it likely has fewer intellectual property issues to deal with. Don't quote me on this, but I recall that Japan tends to form virtual companies for projects that require the work of multiple stakeholders (for example, Madoka Partners and GoodSmile Racing), which simplifies the issues of splitting costs and revenue as well as royalties for the use of intellectual property.

That model doesn't apply overseas where licensing agreements with the local distributors could end up being a problem.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok but what about the two Thracia characters in Heroes? Reinhardt went from being a nobody to one of the most popular characters in the series.  Olwen didn't get nearly as much popularity as her brother but she's still probably more well known than every other Thracia character who isn't Leif.

It's hard to see praise for TMS when only 10 people have played it (again, that's an exaggeration but from what i've heard from people who've actually played the game, TMS is extremely underrated).

Thracia didn't have any popular characters to start with and it's Japan-only. Tellius was released in the west and has some popular characters.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thracia didn't have any popular characters to start with and it's Japan-only.

And you just proved my point. Unpopular game with low sales (and region-exclusivity) gets small represantation in Heroes. All of a sudden, one of it's characters gets enough popularity comparable to that of Awakening and Fates characters, which is where 95% of the series' popular characters come from.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And you just proved my point. Unpopular game with low sales (and region-exclusivity) gets small represantation in Heroes. All of a sudden, one of it's characters gets enough popularity comparable to that of Awakening and Fates characters, which is where 95% of the series' popular characters come from.

TMS is still also a spin-off with very little to do with FE. Thracia is mainstream FE.