What I want for FE switch

This is gonna be damn fun. This is what id like to see in FE switch, though NOT A PREDICTION.

Ill separate it into categories, for fun mostly but it'll probably read better as well

(Just kidding there is only one category for detail) Editing and open for suggestion to fanboy over.

GAMEPLAY

• Distinct difficulty levels, for replayability and accessibility, standard, hard, no lunatic, though, as i think FE7 did the difficulty gap between hector normal, and hector hard mode better that conquest did, and, to be honest, it was a little daunting seeing lunatic on the start screen, first playthrough, for some reason. 
  • Rescue, not pair up. pair up is unbalanced to use and unbalanced to play against in the few instances that you do (Conquest, 17/18 cant remember , General bros being a fine example.)
  • I don't really want shove back unless the enemies also use it on hard, as it was a little broken.
  • Promotion to work kind of like a fusion between FE4 and Gaiden/ Echoes plus a little of the Gba norm. As in like that, promotions would only get you up to the promoted classes bases, never over, but promotion would not reset your level, or stunt exp growth. But also some three tier classes for good measure, not all classes though. but so that it was generally rewarding to see happen i would probably have the class bases for promoted classes be like, 40% stronger than the un-promoted variants. Third tier would, stat wise be less significant, but grant some gnarly skills. Also branching promotion would be cool, but only for first to second, not second to third, as that would be confusing. Second to third would join back together in one super class that combines the strengths of both lines together. Promotions, finally, would take items, like the riders whip, for mounts not just fliers, or the training guide for some standard infantry. etc
  • Level cap 40
  • Skills would be linked to the class, not the level of the class, like fates did it. So Gamble would be innate of fighters and Sol would be innate of heroes ETC. Proc skills would replace crits for their classes, so if a hero crits he deals triple damage and heals half the damage dealt. Sword-master crit would be weird in that, instead of doing three times five hits doing half damage, it would be five hits doing half damage with a mini luna (25% less def on hit) at base might. Killer weapons would be low might and rare but still have high crit to compensate. 
  • I want dungeon crawling like echoes did. Not like FE8s attempt, oh no no no. Lots of cool loot, not too much though.
  • Weapons unbreakable, but no shops, only forges, enemy, and dungeons.
  • I want more echoes, but with cherries on top. 
  • Fe6 style rush for the throne based map design; Gives the player more control without feeling overwhelming to figure out . Also map size similar to fe6 would be fun as I think it hits a nice sweet spot. Large but not overwhelming.
  • Gaiden chapters. I would prefer if the pause menu told you in advance the conditions for unlocking the Gaiden, At the very least, on a second play through.
  • NOTHING locked behind multiple playthroughs. Ever. Hard mode would be just a harder version of the same game. maybe some new gimmicks on certain maps but nothing crazy like enemies dropping new items on hard. NO characters you have to choose between, like Sonya or Deen, or Bartre and Echidna. Playthrough differences would be formed by a close balance of the cast to chose from.
  • Echoes/Gaiden/FE8 style world map, grinding possible, but slow and unnecessary.
  • Echoes style bonus exp, but max gained per battle is 30 instead of 20, otherwise, identical. 
  • Trinity of magic RETURNS! anima>light>dark>anima.
  • Light magic would actually be useful, having slightly higher range than other magic(1-3), but heavy-ish.
  • Weapon weight would be a thing, With a con stat as well, to calculate rescues

Visuals would just be HD sprites. GBA style animations

Music would be ... 

AH! Done by the same composer that did fates. Because to be honest, that is the only way to describe what kind of music i would want for an ideal Fe switch. By the composer. Yeah.

Im out of ideas.

Maybe you could help me though.

If so please comment.

Ta-ta!

Edited by bad touch

Off the top of my head, I don't like the following ideas you mentioned:

• Bringing back the trinity of magic. When most units ignore it and the few that are affected tend to have high resistance, it doesn't do anything to promote strategy.
  • FE6 style maps. They were tedious as hell.
  • Low might killer weapons. Fates tried that, and they stunk.

I think this sounds great, and I would love an FE game like this! 

I do want to point out a few of the disagreements I have though, because I'm too lazy to write my own post on what I want.

Firstly, I think that if third tier promotions were present, the level cap should be raised a bit above the usual 40, maybe to 50?

With the crits and proc skills being combined, while I do think that sounds like a neat idea, I think the effect of the proc skill should be reduced to make up for the additional x3 damage. Say, having Sol do x3 damage and heal 25% instead of 50%.

My last disagreement is on the visuals, while going back to sprites does sound nice, I would love to see what Fire Emblem could look like with high-res 3D models.

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Off the top of my head, I don't like the following ideas you mentioned:

• Bringing back the trinity of magic. When most units ignore it and the few that are affected tend to have high resistance, it doesn't do anything to promote strategy.
  • FE6 style maps. They were tedious as hell.
  • Low might killer weapons. Fates tried that, and they stunk.

I think fates killer weapons being bad had more to do with the reduced hit and avoid than the might.

I think that the killer weapon idea, considering that skills will all be buffed, in exchange for the fact that they will generally proc less than if in fates. By the way i dont mean THAT low. like a little stronger than a iron sword.

By fe6 style, i mean in terms of the size, maybe a little shorter, but nothing like genealogy, no no no.

The trinity of magic was cool okay? Really i just want dark and light magic back, and something other than the fates weapon triangle. Mostly just some nostalgia you know?

And come on, the gba animation style was cool. 

The proc skills doing extra damage seems unnecessary, until the fact that they are completely unpredictable comes in to play. Maybe half heal is too much, but i think, if its impossible to rely on, it should probably be pretty damned strong. Plus, only for promotes.

ta-ta 

Edited by bad touch

2 hours ago, bad touch said:

By fe6 style, i mean in terms of the size, maybe a little shorter, but nothing like genealogy, no no no.

You DO realize that's what I'm taking issue with, do you not...??? I'm not okay with taking forever to clear one map when I'm not turtling, which is what most FE6 maps felt like (while it is most often used for FE4, "Horse Emblem" still fits FE6 like a glove).

The trinity of magic was cool okay? Really i just want dark and light magic back, and something other than the fates weapon triangle. Mostly just some nostalgia you know?

Nostalgia, schmostalgia. You're basically saying "I want the magic triangle back just because", which is very far from convincing. The Fates weapon triangle did more to make battle strategic than the magic triangle ever did, and ever will...

I think that the killer weapon idea, considering that skills will all be buffed, in exchange for the fact that they will generally proc less than if in fates. By the way i dont mean THAT low. like a little stronger than a iron sword.

Your idea seems to only serve to complicate things... Also, it doesn't change the fact that killers would be inconsistent.

2 hours ago, worthathousand said:

I think fates killer weapons being bad had more to do with the reduced hit and avoid than the might.

I doubt it - they have the might of an unforged iron, which is far from amazing, especially when the weapons are inconsistent.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I doubt it - they have the might of an unforged iron, which is far from amazing, especially when the weapons are inconsistent.

I suppose it is up to personal preference, but I like the idea of killer weapons being low-mt weapons with high hit and crit.

I do have to give you credit where its due though, Fates went overboard. Fates killer weapons are basically just worse versions of iron weapons, aside from the crit rate of course.

20 minutes ago, worthathousand said:

I suppose it is up to personal preference, but I like the idea of killer weapons being low-mt weapons with high hit and crit.

I do have to give you credit where its due though, Fates went overboard. Fates killer weapons are basically just worse versions of iron weapons, aside from the crit rate of course.

It wasn't just Fates that ruined killer weapons - Radiant Dawn also butchered them. They were only marginally more powerful than iron, but worse yet, the sky-high enemy luck stats tended to result in killer weapons being handily outperformed since your crit chance was seldom high enough for them to be relied on.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

9 hours ago, bad touch said:

GAMEPLAY

• Distinct difficulty levels, for replayability and accessibility, standard, hard, no lunatic, though, as i think FE7 did the difficulty gap between hector normal, and hector hard mode better that conquest did, and, to be honest, it was a little daunting seeing lunatic on the start screen, first playthrough, for some reason. 
  • Rescue, not pair up. pair up is unbalanced to use and unbalanced to play against in the few instances that you do (Conquest, 17/18 cant remember , General bros being a fine example.)
  • I don't really want shove back unless the enemies also use it on hard, as it was a little broken.
  • Promotion to work kind of like a fusion between FE4 and Gaiden/ Echoes plus a little of the Gba norm. As in like that, promotions would only get you up to the promoted classes bases, never over, but promotion would not reset your level, or stunt exp growth. But also some three tier classes for good measure, not all classes though. but so that it was generally rewarding to see happen i would probably have the class bases for promoted classes be like, 40% stronger than the un-promoted variants. Third tier would, stat wise be less significant, but grant some gnarly skills. Also branching promotion would be cool, but only for first to second, not second to third, as that would be confusing. Second to third would join back together in one super class that combines the strengths of both lines together. Promotions, finally, would take items, like the riders whip, for mounts not just fliers, or the training guide for some standard infantry. etc
  • Level cap 40
  • Skills would be linked to the class, not the level of the class, like fates did it. So Gamble would be innate of fighters and Sol would be innate of heroes ETC. Proc skills would replace crits for their classes, so if a hero crits he deals triple damage and heals half the damage dealt. Sword-master crit would be weird in that, instead of doing three times five hits doing half damage, it would be five hits doing half damage with a mini luna (25% less def on hit) at base might. Killer weapons would be low might and rare but still have high crit to compensate. 
  • I want dungeon crawling like echoes did. Not like FE8s attempt, oh no no no. Lots of cool loot, not too much though.
  • Weapons unbreakable, but no shops, only forges, enemy, and dungeons.
  • I want more echoes, but with cherries on top. 
  • Fe6 style rush for the throne based map design; Gives the player more control without feeling overwhelming to figure out . Also map size similar to fe6 would be fun as I think it hits a nice sweet spot. Large but not overwhelming.
  • Gaiden chapters. I would prefer if the pause menu told you in advance the conditions for unlocking the Gaiden, At the very least, on a second play through.
  • NOTHING locked behind multiple playthroughs. Ever. Hard mode would be just a harder version of the same game. maybe some new gimmicks on certain maps but nothing crazy like enemies dropping new items on hard. NO characters you have to choose between, like Sonya or Deen, or Bartre and Echidna. Playthrough differences would be formed by a close balance of the cast to chose from.
  • Echoes/Gaiden/FE8 style world map, grinding possible, but slow and unnecessary.
  • Echoes style bonus exp, but max gained per battle is 30 instead of 20, otherwise, identical. 
  • Trinity of magic RETURNS! anima>light>dark>anima.
  • Light magic would actually be useful, having slightly higher range than other magic(1-3), but heavy-ish.
  • Weapon weight would be a thing, With a con stat as well, to calculate rescues

Visuals would just be HD sprites. GBA style animations

Prepare for a long post, as I'm going to give an answer to every suggestion you made:

• I don't mind if the hardest difficulty has to be unlocked first (even though you have to beat Lunatic anyway to get Lunatic+). Just don't force me into playing on the easiest setting first.
  • I haven't gotten to far into the GBA games, so I don't know how useful rescue is. I wouldn't mind pair-up returning, but I also won't miss it if it doesn't.
  • Haven't played Tellius, so I can't comment.
  • I wouldn't mind this system, as long as the game is properly balanced around it. It brings up the question of whether or not one would be wasting levels by stalling promotions, or if there's anyway to circumvent hitting the level cap.
  • Again, I wouldn't mind if the game was built with this in mind.
  • I'm fine with skills being linked to classes, as that's how they were before Awakening and it worked just fine. I don't think that critical hit's should be different between classes, however, and I think killer weapons should remain as they were pre-fates.
  • As long as the game has a good in-universe reason for why I should be exploring dungeons, sure.
  • If the game had second wave options like in XCOM, I wouldn't mind this system as long as it was optional. Or if it was modeled after Echoes. However, I don't mind weapon durability returning as long as certain weapons have unlimited uses (with the necessary drawbacks).
  • What exactly do you mean by this?
  • I've only just started playing FE6, so I can't comment on the map quality in that game. However, I wouldn't mind if the game had a few large maps siege maps, but by no means would I want them to be the norm.
  • Sure, but I do think there are more creative ways to hint at the gaiden chapter requirements that just the pause menu. Making the turn limit obvious, having different victory conditions, or making it VERY clear that X unit needs to survive could do. I also wouldn't mind a system that Battle for Wesnoth occasionally applies with it's branching paths, where you have a limit on how many turns you can take before loosing the map, with multiple enemy commanders to battle. Depending on which one you take out before the time limit, you're forced to go on a certain path. If you manage to defeat both ahead of time, you get to choose which path you wish to take. This would force the player to prioritize, especially on harder difficulties, while still having providing the opportunity to plan ahead far enough to knock out both bosses.
  • It would be nice if it was possible to gain certain characters later, or to go through a much harder level to unlock both at the same time. That being said, as long as the character differences makes the choice
  • Agreed, although I think that they could expand upon this system greatly, such as offering multiple options of how to seige a castle (such as starving them out, attacking immediately, resorting to poisoning the food supply or hiring assassins, etc.) or how to approach certain levels beforehand (such as attacking at night, setting up an ambush/trap, building defenses, etc.), and choosing which of your commanders moves on a turn and which ones defend, etc.
  • Agreed, although I don't think there is a max gained in echoes.
  • Not in it's current state, as magic users tend to have to high of a resistance stat for the magic triangle to have much use. However, it could return if there was more to differentiate between each magic class, such as dark magic gaining some extremely damaging spells and some classes being able to summon animals or the dead, light magic having some positive side effects on allies that make them good as a support class, and anima magic having some creative and versatile uses, such as using fire magic to damage defensive walls, or to set fire to a forest, or using wind magic to shove enemies off cliffs. Follow on this train of thought, and magic can become surprisingly more versatile that it currently is (do note that these are just ideas, however, and obviously playtesting would need to take place to make sure whether they are any good or not).
  • Agreed on light magic not getting the short end of the stick, although I would like for specific spells to be able to attack from three range, not just light magic.
  • As long as it's limited to simple speed reductions, sure. I haven't played the GBA games enough to say whether or not I like the con system yet, though.

Considering the how high quality some sprites are nowadays, I wouldn't be against this. I found the GBA animates to be extremely well animated, but repetitive, so having multiple variations on a single attack would be an easy solution to this (and not having units walk back and forth for every attack). That being said, I really love the animations from Echoes, and I would love to see them upgraded.

As for my short list of ideas:

• Have New Game+, and include a built-in randomizer so the hackers don't have all the fun.
  • Have archers keep the 3-5 range from echoes, and allow them to counterattack, but with a penalty of some sort.
  • For magic, I would add runes, which have monstrous might but can only attack at 1 range, and staffs, which can attack at 3 range but are woefully inaccurate so mages don't replace archers (again). Also, some characters should have a personal spell list that can be cast with hp, but they can wield magical weapons regardless.
  • Each nation/faction should have unique armor, instead of having a universal design. The knights of Nation A would look very different from the knights of Nation B, and bandits should look like normal civilians who grabbed a weapon and whatever could qualify as "armor." This helps differentiate the enemy nations from each other, something that previous Fire Emblem games don't tend to do well.
  • Related to the above, the face, race, and gender should be randomized, so that you aren't fighting the same-haired soldiers all the time.
  • Having the ability to build and use siege contraptions for certain levels would be cool.
  • Having stats affect equipment would also be neat (a character with moderate defense would wear leather armor, while a character with higher defense would be wearing chainmail. Similarly, a character with low skill would use very obvious, broad, and impractical movements in their attack animations, while one with high skill would be subtle, direct, and efficient), though I can see the troubles in implementing such a system.
  • Have items be a separate category, so that shield, rings, and healing items from echoes can return, but you can only wield one at a time. This way, a unit can have a shield while also fighting with an actual weapon, instead of the "either or" situation SoV had.
  • Combine the paired-ending system of previous titles with the "one characters death affects another characters ending" system from echoes.
  • Also, have the choices made during the story matter, and have multiple endings.

To reply to Levant mir Celestia,

This is not a prediction, This is just what i would want for a fire emblem game. You seem to have misinterpreted this as a prediction, which i shall clarify on the main post.

To Hawkwing, That's a long list of ideas, and for reference, rescue was far better balanced than pair up is, but I digress. I will expand on what i mean, and then edit them into the OG post

• Normal Would be similar difficulty to conquest normal, hard would be similar to HHM, which is tougher than Conquest hard, and so closer to lunatic. Don't worry, normal mode wouldn't be braindead and hard wouldn't be impossible, but still very hard.
  • Basically, if positioning correctly, you always got to approach and land the first hits with shove, some characters could even shove 2 squares, with a skill. This served mostly to correct errors, Approach for free or perform hit and run tactics on a boss with a squishy mage. Rescue was in tellius and served the same function to a more defensive extent, but was either, irrelevant or unbeatable. So yeah, a little broken, but also kind of unnecessary.
  • What i mean by Fusion of Fe4 (have you played that one?)/Echoes and some GBA, is that promotion would not; Decrease your level to level one, promoted class; Stunt exp growth; Change growth rates or lower specific stats. What it would do is; Bring your unit up to the base stats of the promo class(a la echoes); Take class group specific items to promote(a la GBA), as in, Certain classes would take a specific item for them to promote, as opposed to the universal promo of fates, as that hindered conservation of items, I felt; Would encourage the earliest promotion possible, as there would be no downside whatsoever.
  • The Fe6 style larger than average seize maps are just my favorite, so I kind of have a bias towards them but, i get it, they do take a while and obviously, i don't mean make every map seize, I just mean that i want the map size to be decently large.
  • Not sure what XCOM is or the second wave, no comment.
  • The thing is, i Had no idea that some of the gaiden chapters existed, and am personally a little salty, so a little bias, but i think it would be a way to help out newer players, or players that just skip the dialogue, for the gameplay. Got to disagree with you on no Gaiden menu.
  • Seige weapons would be cool. But not sure if it would really fit into fire emblem. 
  • Trinity of magic would be more extreme than regular triangle to make up for no reavers and high res, probably +/- 3 to damage dealt/ taken upon triangle advantage, +15 hit/avoid.
  • Max gained bonus in echoes is a thing, to test, just send a unit into a horde of terrors on their own and see the bonus exp. ALWAYS stops at 20. or just check any early game bonus exp screen. It is 20. but whatever, mostly just trivia.
  • The world map thing? is that what you wanted expanded upon? I dunno the post is kinda hard to read y'know? Yeah, pretty much on the same boat with you, but i don't think starving the enemy out would make particularly compelling gameplay, though assassination of the enemy commander would be cool, but only with a promoted thief and should not be reliable at all, as success would be an instant win, though equipping the right weapons would help with your chances. Other dirty tricks like poisoning the supplies should probably not be allowed for the fact that, A) Would probably be really cheap, B) De-humanize the leader, damning the story and making the player feel bad, though not saying it would be Impossible, to work it into a narrative. If the leader used it as a last resort against horrific murderers then it might add some nice moral grey.
  • Light magic having reliable 1-3 range, would be its niche, and if other mages had the same niche, with HIGHER might, then light would be worthless again. So yeah. If other classes got 1-3 range there would have to be significant drawbacks, opposed to light, such as, lower accuracy, High weapon rank, expensive, but all in all, leaning towards inaccuracy.
  • The con system, IMO, was cool. It meant usually amazing units with no drawbacks, such as most flyers, had a weakness, to make the game more interesting to play. 

Onto the things that you said.

• I disagree on a new game+, because i don't see it working with fire emblem, mostly due to how the system traditionally works. If new game plus happened to exist, it would not be a very standard new game +. Randomizers aren't my thing, so gonna have to say that i wouldn't really use it.
  • Archers, right, forgot about them. I think that they should have 2-5 range on their phase, and counter melee with a dagger. Same with clerics. If attacked at melee they would use standard, weak, and inaccurate daggers due to having little training in combat.
  • Mentioned siege stuff earlier, probably would be neat, though I honestly doubt it would work as amazingly as i would hope.
  • Faction differences seem cool, and probably would help with identifying what your up against as actual people, not just soldiers with the same face.
  • Random enemies might be  a little clunky but overall, if it wasn't to ridiculously randomized then I would be behind it all the way. Maybe some lookalikes to other bosses from the series as random enemies. That would be interesting.
  • The stats affecting animations and equipment would be freaking awesome.
  • Characters should have 6 inventory slots. This could be for weapons, shields, rings, heal items, promo items and other accessories and could be divided up at will. So yeah. That would be really cool.
  • I loved the ending system that echoes had, like python dying sending forsyth to his dark ending. That was so heartfelt. 
  • The choices throughout the story being that massively impactful, would lead to having things behind multiple playthroughs, and there should be different endings, but only via fulfilling certain supports, and should all be possible to change late enough on in the game. 

All in all, The suggestions were awesome.

Ta-ta.

6 hours ago, bad touch said:

This is not a prediction, This is just what i would want for a fire emblem game. You seem to have misinterpreted this as a prediction, which i shall clarify on the main post.

And I think some of the stuff you want are stuff that reek HEAVILY of a step in the wrong direction and/or are blatantly unrealistic...

• Normal Would be similar difficulty to conquest normal, hard would be similar to HHM, which is tougher than Conquest hard, and so closer to lunatic. Don't worry, normal mode wouldn't be braindead and hard wouldn't be impossible, but still very hard.

How is HHM harder than Conquest hard??? We're talking about a game that, even in lategame, still throws mostly unpromoted rabble at you.

• The con system, IMO, was cool. It meant usually amazing units with no drawbacks, such as most flyers, had a weakness, to make the game more interesting to play. 

H-e-two hockey sticks no. I will NOT be amused if they being that BS back. There's nothing cool about actively hindering certain units based on gender and class, not to mention it dumbs down strategy by removing options (I dunno about you, but there's no sense of progression when iron weapons are just better than steel weapons).

• What i mean by Fusion of Fe4 (have you played that one?)/Echoes and some GBA, is that promotion would not; Decrease your level to level one, promoted class; Stunt exp growth; Change growth rates or lower specific stats. What it would do is; Bring your unit up to the base stats of the promo class(a la echoes); Take class group specific items to promote(a la GBA), as in, Certain classes would take a specific item for them to promote, as opposed to the universal promo of fates, as that hindered conservation of items, I felt; Would encourage the earliest promotion possible, as there would be no downside whatsoever.

No. Just no. No going back to class specific items.

• The Fe6 style larger than average seize maps are just my favorite, so I kind of have a bias towards them but, i get it, they do take a while and obviously, i don't mean make every map seize, I just mean that i want the map size to be decently large.

No. I'd rather not have to endure large time-intensive maps, not in a game series like this.

• Trinity of magic would be more extreme than regular triangle to make up for no reavers and high res, probably +/- 3 to damage dealt/ taken upon triangle advantage, +15 hit/avoid.

This is obviously unrealistic.

@Levant Mir Celestia

OK So. I just said. right at the top. thAT this is a hopes list for crying out loud. little, nay NONE of this is likely to happen, just things that i like and want in particular for fe16. I am FINE with you not liking some of my suggestions, but I don't see a reason to get too worked up over this. So please, for everyone, gimme a break. 

Edited by bad touch

13 hours ago, bad touch said:

To Hawkwing, That's a long list of ideas, and for reference, rescue was far better balanced than pair up is, but I digress. I will expand on what i mean, and then edit them into the OG post

Thanks for responding. By the way, if you put the @ symbol in front of a name, you can inform them that you've responded without having to quote what they've said, like this: @bad touch.

As for your answers:

Basically, if positioning correctly, you always got to approach and land the first hits with shove, some characters could even shove 2 squares, with a skill. This served mostly to correct errors, Approach for free or perform hit and run tactics on a boss with a squishy mage. Rescue was in tellius and served the same function to a more defensive extent, but was either, irrelevant or unbeatable. So yeah, a little broken, but also kind of unnecessary.

I do know what shove is, I just don't know how it works in practice. I wouldn't be surprised if it does/doesn't return.

What i mean by Fusion of Fe4 (have you played that one?)/Echoes and some GBA, is that promotion would not; Decrease your level to level one, promoted class; Stunt exp growth; Change growth rates or lower specific stats. What it would do is; Bring your unit up to the base stats of the promo class(a la echoes); Take class group specific items to promote(a la GBA), as in, Certain classes would take a specific item for them to promote, as opposed to the universal promo of fates, as that hindered conservation of items, I felt; Would encourage the earliest promotion possible, as there would be no downside whatsoever.

I haven't played FE4 (I took one look at the prologue map and said "So THIS is what they mean by the game having ridiculously large maps! I think I'll play this when I actually have some time on my hands), but I do know that a units level remains consistent after promotion. I do think that this system could work, but I also think that they'd need to balance the game out in order for it to do so. Also, while I don't mind class specific promotion items, having a universal one saves a lot of hassle.

The Fe6 style larger than average seize maps are just my favorite, so I kind of have a bias towards them but, i get it, they do take a while and obviously, i don't mean make every map seize, I just mean that i want the map size to be decently large.

I don't mind having a large siege map, I just don't want them to be considered the norm of the game. I'd be fine with two or three really large maps, as long as there is some warning beforehand that the next level will be long.

Not sure what XCOM is or the second wave, no comment.

XCOM is a hard-as-nails tactical strategy game about defending the earth from aliens, spawning several jokes about how recruits are inaccurate as stormtroopers despite being the worlds finest.

Second Wave options can be chosen to alter the game before it starts to have a different gameplay experience, such as having recruits stats be randomized and different from each other (when they're normally static and similar), having aim and movement decreased when getting injured, not being able to retrieve soldier gear if a unit dies, increasing the cost of research, etc. It makes several aspects of the game more random and more difficult, and it's the players choice of which ones they want to have activated.

I think that this kind of system would work very well in a Fire Emblem game.

The thing is, i Had no idea that some of the gaiden chapters existed, and am personally a little salty, so a little bias, but i think it would be a way to help out newer players, or players that just skip the dialogue, for the gameplay. Got to disagree with you on no Gaiden menu.

Well, I basically have this site up for gaiden chapter requirements, as well as recruitment requirements and support bonuses, whenever I play FE 6 or 7 (though I do have two monitors set up, making this pretty practical), as I don't really care for spoilers in general. But I can see your point.

Seige weapons would be cool. But not sure if it would really fit into fire emblem.

I could see them working for castle assaults or on really large maps. They just wouldn't be common, is all.

Max gained bonus in echoes is a thing, to test, just send a unit into a horde of terrors on their own and see the bonus exp. ALWAYS stops at 20. or just check any early game bonus exp screen. It is 20. but whatever, mostly just trivia.

You gain less bonus experience in dungeons than in larger fights, although the bonus limit is really only present in Echoes (dungeons in the original game just consisted of a single fight, excluding the end-game ones which were more like marathon levels).

The world map thing? is that what you wanted expanded upon? I dunno the post is kinda hard to read y'know? Yeah, pretty much on the same boat with you, but i don't think starving the enemy out would make particularly compelling gameplay, though assassination of the enemy commander would be cool, but only with a promoted thief and should not be reliable at all, as success would be an instant win, though equipping the right weapons would help with your chances. Other dirty tricks like poisoning the supplies should probably not be allowed for the fact that, A) Would probably be really cheap, B) De-humanize the leader, damning the story and making the player feel bad, though not saying it would be Impossible, to work it into a narrative. If the leader used it as a last resort against horrific murderers then it might add some nice moral grey.

A lot of my ideas are short in though or speech, but long on paper, so I apologize if it is a little difficult to read. I think that staving out the enemy could work gameplaywise if you had multiple commanders to control (while one is attacking the castle, another could be attacking an enemy army) and if it was occasionally broken up by fights with those trying to bring supplies into the sieged castle.

Admittedly, the poisoning Idea came from the Scout class from Eador: Genesis (it's an obscure game, so I don't blame you for not knowing about it), where you have the option before a fight to raise a false alarm (which reduces the enemies stamina at the start of the fight, meaning they must rest more often), poison the water (which makes all your enemies start the battle poisoned) or raise a panic (which reduces the enemies morale). If the protagonist/commander was already morally grey to begin with, this wouldn't be to out of place.

I think that assassination could work either as an RNG thing or it could be a gameplay one, where you have to avoid the guards and reach the target in a modified turn-based style similar to, but still different from, the Fire Emblem norm. Having several ways to assassinate the enemy leader and having each thief having a different perk from each other (such as being able to pass by some guards without raising an alarm, or you can get money after the ordeal is over because your thief, you know, stole stuff on the job).

It would also be cool if your decisions here affected the storyline. For instance, attacking a castle immediately without any preparations beforehand and succeeding would gain you a reputation of being a mighty warrior who defies odds, but as an unreliable strategist. Repeatedly using underhanded tactics would cause many problems down the line, as your allies trust you less and less, etc.

Light magic having reliable 1-3 range, would be its niche, and if other mages had the same niche, with HIGHER might, then light would be worthless again. So yeah. If other classes got 1-3 range there would have to be significant drawbacks, opposed to light, such as, lower accuracy, High weapon rank, expensive, but all in all, leaning towards inaccuracy

I get your idea, I just don't want light mages to be better archers, and vice versa.

Onto the things that you said.

• I disagree on a new game+, because i don't see it working with fire emblem, mostly due to how the system traditionally works. If new game plus happened to exist, it would not be a very standard new game +. Randomizers aren't my thing, so gonna have to say that i wouldn't really use it.
  • Archers, right, forgot about them. I think that they should have 2-5 range on their phase, and counter melee with a dagger. Same with clerics. If attacked at melee they would use standard, weak, and inaccurate daggers due to having little training in combat.
  • Mentioned siege stuff earlier, probably would be neat, though I honestly doubt it would work as amazingly as i would hope.
  • Faction differences seem cool, and probably would help with identifying what your up against as actual people, not just soldiers with the same face.
  • Random enemies might be  a little clunky but overall, if it wasn't to ridiculously randomized then I would be behind it all the way. Maybe some lookalikes to other bosses from the series as random enemies. That would be interesting.
  • The stats affecting animations and equipment would be freaking awesome.
  • Characters should have 6 inventory slots. This could be for weapons, shields, rings, heal items, promo items and other accessories and could be divided up at will. So yeah. That would be really cool.
  • I loved the ending system that echoes had, like python dying sending forsyth to his dark ending. That was so heartfelt. 
  • The choices throughout the story being that massively impactful, would lead to having things behind multiple playthroughs, and there should be different endings, but only via fulfilling certain supports, and should all be possible to change late enough on in the game. 

All in all, The suggestions were awesome.

• Fair enough. I have several ideas for new game+, as I've had the idea for a while, but I understand and respect your opinion.
  • I think it would be cool if an archer got a shot in first, then switched to their dagger, even if the difference is just cosmetic. Depending on their personality and background, healers would use hand-to-hand combat or staffs to fight, as historically, monks weren't allowed to wield bladed weapons, and instead used blunt weaponry such as maces to fight.
  • I really like the game Stronghold, so I admittedly just want to see the siege contraptions/tactics from that game used in Fire Emblem.
  • I actually created a thread about cosmetic ideas I had for the Switch game a few moths back. It was one of the first topics I made, in fact.
  • I may have not been as clear in the original post. I just want the appearance to be randomized, not their stats.
  • If programmed/designed correctly, it wouldn't even be that complex to insert. It would also be cool to see every weapon a unit is wielding, instead of it being there in hammerspace. That being said, I worry that it would be among the first things to be cut if they had to make any.
  • I just suggested a single inventory slot (the unit could still wield multiple weapons) so that their isn't the conundrum of a unit wielding multiple shields.
  • Exactly the reason why it should return.
  • I'm not asking for a thousand page script or anything like that, but I do think that Fire Emblem is a series that could use them very well.

Thanks for the compliment.