Most boring/obnoxious/badly-designed maps from any game?

TGenzo

These aren’t really “maps” but most of the dungeons in Echoes were disappointing. Most of them aren’t terribly complex and are easy for the 1st 3 acts. Only the act 4 and onward featured more interesting and puzzle based exploring. Speaking of which, I hated the transporter gimmick in the last dungeon, for they weren’t exactly the easiest points of viewing for the brands under the transporter. My main complaint was stopping during the dungeons; it was like driving a car, so when you stop, you have to break. It made avoiding enemies a lot more difficult. Speaking of which, who else was annoyed at the fact that enemies respawned whenever you got left the room? It made dungeon like Thabes much harder, discouraging me to pick up weapons so I wouldn’t face those absurdly strong enemies.

Speaking of Thabes a.k.a the Cerulean cave of Fire Emblem, was my least favorite dungeon. The enemies are absurdly strong ( Some of the Terrors have 45 attack ) and have debuffing abilities like the Venin Sword. Another disappointing factor that the only place to reliably gain gold marks was the spring area on the 9th floor. What’s the point of putting it there? When your done with this dungeon, that’s it. The game is over no need to play any further. There’s no PVP more this time. They also decided to put Astra, Sol, and Luna hidden in the crates with a less than 1% encounter rate. Again, too late, and way too impractical. The biggest problem I had though, was with the fact that there place to save. If you mess up just once you have to start all over. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I've gotten a different gba emulator and finished FE6, I agree that chapter 21 is annoying. There are just so many wyvern riders! They have such high movement that it can be hard to keep your weaker units out of danger, and it just takes a lucky hit or two to lose them. Getting close to the end only to lose a unit (sometimes Roy himself) is really obnoxious.

Weirdly, chapter 14 only took me a couple of tries this time. I guess because I had it in the back of my mind and was kind of preparing for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@CyberController And don't forget, they hit obnoxiously hard for classes that are just supposed to debuff your units. Ugh, even thinking of that chapter gives me a sour emotion. I'd rather do chapter ten multiple times than whatever that chapter was. 

Chapter 3 of Fire Emblem 8. 

There is just so much standing around your units will do and you try to stuff everyone through those tight gaps and generally leave some of the ally units to do nothing. I think it would have been more fun if it was a bit more open and reinforcements spawned by the entrance, preferably cavilers. 

Edited by Martin