Happy International Single’s Awareness Day!

Yesterday I went to the grocery store and my mom offered to buy me something for this day. I had her buy me a four pack of chocolate chip muffins...

I get valentine's day/singles' awareness day presents from my mom. Free food so whatevs.

@Mad-manakete Omg that used to be my favorite movie when I was in first grade! Dressed up as Quasimodo two years in a row for Halloween...

Edited by Dragoncat

@Dragoncat
I keep a few of the songs from it in my play-list on my laptop. Bells of Notre Dame, Court of Miracles, and of course Hellfire. What I love about the film is the complexity of it compared to many other films aimed at a younger audience. Frollo's villainy is deeper than Maleficient or Jaffar could have ever hoped to be, in that the guy sees himself as a crusader for what is right. Then on reading the original novel I found it was even more complex,

Spoiler

with Frollo being so conflicted a man that he raised the abandoned Quasimodo out of the goodness of his heart, took him from the crowds that would torture him, attempted murder of Phoebus and framed Esmeralda, helped her escape the cathedral, then sent her to a death sentence when she rebuffed his advances. The man pulled so many face-heel and heel-face turns that it was like a revolving door. All because he thought his attraction to Esmeralda was a sin because he was a monk. Then there was the tragic story of Agnes that never made the film, and how her daughter was abducted by gypsies from the crib. She hated gypsies, and held Esmeralda for the guards. But then she realized Esmeralda was her long lost child.

All in all, both the novel and the film are personal favorites. But then, part of the reason I am a Fire Emblem fan is the fact I like interwoven plot-threads (as seen in supports), and low tech settings. So, it's kind of in my character. I'm also a sucker for a story with a memorable villain. The Black Knight, Ashnard, Zephiel, Manfloy, Alvis, Fernand, Berkut, Gharnef and Medeus (of course) being personal picks for some of the best in Fire Emblem. Walhart gets an honorable mention for design, and Nergal just because you don't forget your first (not counting Lyn mode).