What alternate units would you like to see?

Jotari

- Armored Mage Arvis

- Sword flier Narcian

- Maltet Eliwood as a lance cav

- Sword armor Hector as a reference to his Great Lord class in FE7

- Uta-loid Tiki

- Alondite Mist

- Staff or Dagger Faye

Edited by Lord-Zero

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He did once ride a horse...

Hide contents

Elphin:
“Percival. It is good to see you again.”

Percival:
“!! You…”

Elphin:
“Have you forgotten my face?”

Percival:
“No…it cannot be. The prince…is dead.”

Elphin:
“…I understand your confusion. After all, a man who was pronounced dead is now standing before your very eyes.”

Percival:
“Prince Mildain! You were alive…?”

Elphin:
“I have troubled you for a long time now. …It has been over a year since I was assassinated.”

Percival:
“Assassinated!? Your Majesty, did you not fall off your horse in an accident?”

Elphin:
“No. I was shot with a poisoned arrow. First to my horse…and then to me.”

Percival:
“No…”

Elphin:
“Douglas noticed first and made it public that I had been killed. A different corpse was placed in the coffin, and everything was set up as if the assassination had been successful. Douglas then entrusted me to his adopted daughter and let me escape to the Western Isles.”

Percival:
“Lord Douglas did that…”

Elphin:
“Even after I escaped to the west, I suffered from a high fever caused by the poison for many months. I was hovering between life and death so long that Douglas’ daughter gave up hope countless times.”

...it didn't end well. It left him quite fragile indeed.

Hide contents

Douglas: Prince Mildain…! What is wrong!? Your eyes…?
Elphin: That voice… Is it Douglas?
Douglas: Can you not see, your Majesty? I thought your eyes had recovered…
Elphin: I still temporarily go blind sometimes… I will be fine once I rest for a while.
Douglas: …I heard that the side effects of the poison had blinded you for several months… Forgive me, my prince… If only I had been on my guard, you would never have suffered this horrible fate…

Given Jugdrali Bards use magic, I'd think Elffin would also be a magic user, since he can't Breath it like Nils.

And nobody has said has said Florete!Mist yet.

One of these with an Angel Ring skill (Catria starts with one in Gaiden/SoV, Est has one in her Minerva Support in NM) would be neat. Not sure what to make Angel Ring do though. Obviously not growths, but since Luck plays a role in determining critical hit rates in Valentia, perhaps something affecting Specials?

I was actually thinking back to his assassination attempt when suggesting Elphin, but the way I remembered it, the horse story was entirely a fabrication. Now I want it even more. Such delicious irony.

Assassin Joshua and Marisa.

Rapier, infantry Eliwood.

Valkyrie Mist with Sonic Sword, or RD Mist with Florete.

Runesword Narcien.

Dark Knight Henry, with tome preferably, but sword is okay too.

Charlotte.

General with lance, or Griffon Rider with axe Frederick. 

Mounted sword Lachesis.

OG Marth with no pants.

SSBM Marth with DC.

Pajama Marth.

Anything seriously where is Marth.

Pegasus Knight Minerva. Not only it gets constantly referenced but she's an actual JP only DLC unit in Fates.

Bow Alm. I have a feeling not many used him as an additional bow user in Echoes but he was very good in Gaiden.

FE1 Marth.  Maybe with Mercurius instead of Falchion to reference that it was also Marth-only sword in the original.

29 minutes ago, Cat Villager said:

Pegasus Knight Minerva. Not only it gets constantly referenced but she's an actual JP only DLC unit in Fates.

Bow Alm. I have a feeling not many used him as an additional bow user in Echoes but he was very good in Gaiden.

FE1 Marth.  Maybe with Mercurius instead of Falchion to reference that it was also Marth-only sword in the original.

Echoes has Hunter's Volley. If people aren't using Alm as an archer in that game, then they're severaly nerfing him.

A sword-using Owain (Awakening, as opposed to Fates' Odin) using Missletainn. Why this hasn't happened yet I have no idea. Ophelia with her own Missletainn tome would be a nice thing too.

Ike dressing up as a Laguz for Halloween.

Hinoka, Leo, and F!Corrin dressed up in Nohrian garb (like what happened for this year).

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

Echoes has Hunter's Volley. If people aren't using Alm as an archer in that game, then they're severaly nerfing him.

He has Double Lion to himself, which does the same thing except at closer range.

I can see Alm with a KB, since it does have 1-3 range and flier effectiveness, but I'd rather give them to Tobin/Gray and Python, it spreads the power that way. And they also get Bow Range +2, which Alm doesn't, at most, he'll have Bow Range +1 in Thabes via DLC Conqueror. Admittedly, if you're using Alm in Thabes, the KB might be for the best, but you can swap him for Celica, who can heal and can Mage Ring snipe, making her quite arguably better than Alm as the mandatory lord to bring in.

Just to consider another alternate possibility- Kinshi Hinoka or Takumi or Setsuna- just to have some Bow Fliers besides the eventual Reina. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He has Double Lion to himself, which does the same thing except at closer range.

I can see Alm with a KB, since it does have 1-3 range and flier effectiveness, but I'd rather give them to Tobin/Gray and Python, it spreads the power that way. And they also get Bow Range +2, which Alm doesn't, at most, he'll have Bow Range +1 in Thabes via DLC Conqueror. Admittedly, if you're using Alm in Thabes, the KB might be for the best, but you can swap him for Celica, who can heal and can Mage Ring snipe, making her quite arguably better than Alm as the mandatory lord to bring in.

Just to consider another alternate possibility- Kinshi Hinoka or Takumi or Setsuna- just to have some Bow Fliers besides the eventual Reina. 

Double Lion's great (better than Sendscale), but I think Hunter's Volley is objectively better, due to the 20% extra crit (factoring in the Killer Bow having 10% over the Royal Sword), and on two attacks, that extra crit makes a difference. Competition for resources is a valid point though. But it's not too difficult to get two Killer Bows by late game. Just need to upgrade a Silver Bow if I remember correctly. If you are promoting a few of your villagers into Archers, then yeah, you probably want to keep the Royal Sword on Alm. But generally speaking, Alm makes a fantastic archer in both Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia.

Edited by Jotari

Hey, we got Sword Celica. Just like people were asking. And a lot more creative a version of her than simply just using a sword ? Though, I am disappointed she can't teleport.

Edited by Jotari

Christmas Grima, @Poimagic is calling it.

- Summer Athena would be awesome, but my wishes will never come true.

After the Possession banner I hope that we will get some other characters who are possessed. Or other themes on main Story Banners are possible too. Delthea and Gunther are good examples.

Edited by Stroud

2 hours ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

- Possessed Berkut

- I really want Rinea added to the game (maybe as a blue mage or a cleric?) 

- fire witch Rinea 

(please I need Berkut/Rinea emblem)

- vampire Leo for Halloween? He already looks kind of like one, with the cape and red eyes 

- Summer Marth (or anything Marth)

Possessed Berkut seemed like a bit of a missed opportunity for a TT unit. I guess he might've overdone the Echoes characters for the theme though.

Possed Julia could've been a good one.  

Let's see...

- Mist using Ragnel

- Roy as a mage

- Lilina using Armads

- A Halloween themed Serra.

- Morgan wielding Falchion

- Emperor Alvis as an armored mage

That's all, for now.

EDIT: Well, if we continue with the "evil counterpart" trend, then...

- Ike (Fire Emblem possessed), or even a berserker Greil

- Julia (brainwashed) as a red mage, maybe

- Corrin (Anankos possessed)

- Morgan (from Future of Despair)

- Gunter (as a lethal joke character)

- Hardin (pre-corruption, therefore being his counterpart before FE12).

Edited by Rapier

Ok so.. I actually have a few ideas here...

• Dagger Serra (Infantry)

So the reason why dagger Serra could be a thing is because her past was never fully fleshed out but who knows what potential hard times she could have fallen on, so we could go the route of a Serra that had to do a bit more to survive, a bit more of a hardened, damaged Serra rather than the "pretend I'm important" mechanism Serra we have today, since that's all mostly just a front.

•  Sword Lachesis (Infantry)

I didn't even play FE4 but this is a no brainer as I hear nothing but complaints about her FEH incarnation. A good niche for her would probably be the Prayer Sword giving her RES+3 and Brazen ATK/RES or something like that along with Miracle to make her some sort of semi-magic tank or something of that sort.

• Blue Tome Lucius (Infantry)

As someone who played FE7 myself, I can see why this bothers people, more so the art, but why he's a healer makes no sense to me when there are boatloads of units that could be healers, I see no reason why they needed to make him one. His healer statline would translate pretty perfectly into his Blue Tome variant and if we're doing powercreep BST a few extra points into ATK or SPD would be great. Slap on Luce which could have literally any effect (as it had none to base it from in FE7) and you have a potentially very nasty unit.

• Sword Mist (Cavalry)

I don't know why people want Mist to wield Ragnell when Florete was a perfectly good weapon in both Tellius games for her. Slap that on her in Heroes as a red cav and she would probably target the lower of her foes' DEF or RES which would be great. She'd have to break the mold by having an additional skill on top of Distant Counter built into her weapon but for a unit with a statline like hers it would hardly be an issue.

• Sword Inigo/Severa/Owain (Infantry)

Maybe I'm being hipster, but really I just think the Awakening versions of these characters are cooler than their Fates counterparts. Especially Owain. Releasing all of them on a single banner as 3 red swords powercreeping their old selves (Except Odin obviously) would be absolutely rage inducing and profitable and I'd love every bit of it and would probably still pull on the banner.

• Axe Bartre (Infantry/FE7)

Why they used FE6 Bartre to begin with is a mystery to me, I know they wanted to do him with Fir as the FE6 characters, but the FE7 version, while dumber is definitely more awesome at least in my opinion after playing both games. And he had to be a pretty fierce fighter in order to match up with Karla (even if he still wasn't in her league). His stats would be straight up better than the current Bartre most likely and we can give him a Slaying Axe+ or we can go the Dorcas route and hand him a straight up prf. Devil Axe wouldn't be a bad fit for him tho.

Some other units also.

• Sword Eliwood (Infantry) - Rapier, effective damage vs the meta, that is all. That and it would be really nostalgic.
  • Lance Seth (Cavalry) - ...Why does he have a sword again to begin with?
  • Sword Reinhardt (Cavalry) - It's sitting on his hip for a reason. Make it a Brave Sword with built in Distant Counter for the memes.
  • Sword Raven (Infantry) - Would be authentic, even if he'd be lost in the sea of red swords.
  • Red Tome Nino (Infantry) - Technically she came with an Elfire tome and never actually used Wind, so this makes more sense in the scheme of things. More red tomes are never a bad thing, just freaking demote her.
Edited by Zeo

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

Ok so.. I actually have a few ideas here...

• Dagger Serra (Infantry)

So the reason why dagger Serra could be a thing is because her past was never fully fleshed out but who knows what potential hard times she could have fallen on, so we could go the route of a Serra that had to do a bit more to survive, a bit more of a hardened, damaged Serra rather than the "pretend I'm important" mechanism Serra we have today, since that's all mostly just a front.

•  Sword Lachesis (Infantry)

I didn't even play FE4 but this is a no brainer as I hear nothing but complaints about her FEH incarnation. A good niche for her would probably be the Prayer Sword giving her RES+3 and Brazen ATK/RES or something like that along with Miracle to make her some sort of semi-magic tank or something of that sort.

• Blue Tome Lucius (Infantry)

As someone who played FE7 myself, I can see why this bothers people, more so the art, but why he's a healer makes no sense to me when there are boatloads of units that could be healers, I see no reason why they needed to make him one. His healer statline would translate pretty perfectly into his Blue Tome variant and if we're doing powercreep BST a few extra points into ATK or SPD would be great. Slap on Luce which could have literally any effect (as it had none to base it from in FE7) and you have a potentially very nasty unit.

• Sword Mist (Cavalry)

I don't know why people want Mist to wield Ragnell when Florete was a perfectly good weapon in both Tellius games for her. Slap that on her in Heroes as a red cav and she would probably target the lower of her foes' DEF or RES which would be great. She'd have to break the mold by having an additional skill on top of Distant Counter built into her weapon but for a unit with a statline like hers it would hardly be an issue.

• Sword Inigo/Severa/Owain (Infantry)

Maybe I'm being hipster, but really I just think the Awakening versions of these characters are cooler than their Fates counterparts. Especially Owain. Releasing all of them on a single banner as 3 red swords powercreeping their old selves (Except Odin obviously) would be absolutely rage inducing and profitable and I'd love every bit of it and would probably still pull on the banner.

• Axe Bartre (Infantry/FE7)

Why they used FE6 Bartre to begin with is a mystery to me, I know they wanted to do him with Fir as the FE6 characters, but the FE7 version, while dumber is definitely more awesome at least in my opinion after playing both games. And he had to be a pretty fierce fighter in order to match up with Karla (even if he still wasn't in her league). His stats would be straight up better than the current Bartre most likely and we can give him a Slaying Axe+ or we can go the Dorcas route and hand him a straight up prf. Devil Axe wouldn't be a bad fit for him tho.

Some other units also.

• Sword Eliwood (Infantry) - Rapier, effective damage vs the meta, that is all. That and it would be really nostalgic.
  • Lance Seth (Cavalry) - ...Why does he have a sword again to begin with?
  • Sword Reinhardt (Cavalry) - It's sitting on his hip for a reason. Make it a Brave Sword with built in Distant Counter for the memes.
  • Sword Raven (Infantry) - Would be authentic, even if he'd be lost in the sea of red swords.
  • Red Tome Nino (Infantry) - Technically she came with an Elfire tome and never actually used Wind, so this makes more sense in the scheme of things. More red tomes are never a bad thing, just freaking demote her.

Maybe instead of Florette having Distant Counter, it can just be a skill for Most herself. I find it kind of limiting that only Hector has the skill version of the attack (course that would instantly make Mist inheritance fodder but...I'm not against that per se).

I find it hilarious that Raven quite clearly has a sword strapped to himself in his artwork yet uses axes for some inexplicable reason.