What your favorite FE Game says about you

Corrobin

39 minutes ago, Azz said:

Honestly that SD one is pretty accurate to me XD.

Yeah. Tell me about it. If only the colour palettes were better.
But Sacred Stones one speaks to me. And Fire Emblem Binding Blade. And Akaenia BS is pretty accurate, in that almost no one played it so you would be full of shit. Apart from the fact I didn't mind the Avatar (though found them over-done), the Est/Abel thing ruined me. I'd like a good ending for them but no.

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

Not inaccurate. I like more than the level design, but level design plays a heavy part into why I like it so much.

One day I have to get around to playing Thracia 776. It's the only one I haven't tried yet (unless you count the BS Akaenia Chronicles games). I just never could seem to get the translation patch I had to work. Which is weird, because the others all patched fine. Just not that one.

4 minutes ago, Mad-manakete said:

One day I have to get around to playing Thracia 776. It's the only one I haven't tried yet (unless you count the BS Akaenia Chronicles games). I just never could seem to get the translation patch I had to work. Which is weird, because the others all patched fine. Just not that one.

Apparently there's a new patch that's close to being a total translation, but I haven't tried it. I've been juggling the patch that focuses on translating the menu and the patch that translates the story for over 10 years.

Akeneia Cronicles- "You're full of shit." lol

Thracia's maps always did intrigue me. Thracia's beginning up to the end of Manster escape sequence is the one of the best early game chapters I've ever experienced in Fire Emblem.
Whatever happened to Bandit Keith... in America?

Edited by silveraura25

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Thracia's maps always did intrigue me. Thracia's beginning up to the end of Manster escape sequence is the one of the best early game chapters I've ever experienced in Fire Emblem.

This is something I always loved about Thracia, too.

Most FEs take a good... 10 or so chapters for shit to hit the fan.

Shit hits the fan at the end of chapter 3 of FE5.

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

This is something I always loved about Thracia, too.

Most FEs take a good... 10 or so chapters for shit to hit the fan.

Shit hits the fan at the end of chapter 3 of FE5.

Pretty much. You learn firsthand the kind of enemy you're dealing with.

Well, I'm not really one to discuss favorite characters much. By now I think my "favorite pick" is mostly just nostalgia. RD was the game that really pulled me into the series, cause compared to the GBA games it was just so grand. Things like bonus exp or the push command that weren't revisited in later entries I also liked very much. The cutscenes were amazing for that time. I didn't even think about the level design (which is pretty good tbh) that much, the whole package blew my mind in a way no other Fire Emblem game ever did.

19 hours ago, Slumber said:

Apparently there's a new patch that's close to being a total translation, but I haven't tried it. I've been juggling the patch that focuses on translating the menu and the patch that translates the story for over 10 years.

Oh that explains it. Now I feel like an idiot for not realizing that the patch didn't do both. I'll have to look into that patch, seeing as I'm doing a bit of a Marathon, having went from Iron-man on Shadow Dragon to a no-grind on Echoes. I plan to follow through with FE 12 (both for it's remake of Mystery of the Emblem book 2 and the Akenia Chronicles), probably without a challenge due to the fact I'm not as familiar with it. Then I was going to do a no-reclassing run of Awakening so I could kind of compare the continents before and after. Done with that continent, I'd move to the next. If this patch works, it's be Jugdral for sure. I'm not missing the chance to finally do Thracia like I should have years ago.