Games that Should Get a Port/Remake/Remastered Version for Switch

vanguard333

Since the Switch's release last year, a number of games have been announced and/or released for the Switch; many of which have been ports, remakes, or remastered versions of previous games, including a Skyrim port, Dark Souls Remastered, Ys VIII, etc.

What games do you want to see become available for the Switch; either as a port, remake, or remastered version? What changes, if any, do you want to see made to said game?

(My list is in the spoiler below)

Spoiler

1. Dragon Age: Origins Remastered. This version would include everything that was DLC for Dragon Age: Origins.

2. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Switch (it was the best pun I could think of). This version would utilize the joy-cons in place of the Wii Remote, and, with this change, would include the option to play the game either left-handed or right-handed. Your choice would be reflected in-game with Link being either left-handed or right-handed, depending on your choice.

3. Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I know the game was just released, but a version of it for the Switch would be cool to see at some point.

(Also, if someone could please suggest a shorter title for this thread)

Skyward Sword for switch is rumored to be at E3

I personally want to see Tokyo Mirage Sessions Switch port, Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn remake/port, then 3 obscure games I want on the switch, Valkyria Chronicles 3 port, Super Robot Taisen OG saga endless frontier exceed port, and Namco X Capcom remake. Also Xenosaga collection. I would also love it if FE12 happened to be released even on VC but it'll never happen.

For changes TMS would need the update to not have the gamepad reliance of the wii-u, and the others are fine.

Morrowind, but I just want that remastered in general. Skyrim for Switch gets me hopeful for a Switch version should Morrowind ever be remastered.

And any non-3ds FE game.

None. I'd rather have new titles/sequels made than for the Switch to have a software line-up consisting of nothing but ports of older titles. In fact, literally the only port I'd ever consider buying would be Super Mario Maker (although I'd rather have a sequel).

31 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Literally every remaining Wii U exclusive should come to Switch. Let's just bury the console under the carpet and pretend Nintendo was late to the 8th generation.

You'd rather have a Smash 4 port than a brand new Smash game? Why? Oh, and they aren't going to port Splatoon over, given that it's sequel is already out on Switch.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

1 minute ago, NinjaMonkey said:

You'd rather have a Smash 4 port than a brand new game? Why?

There can be both. Zelda had 2 remasters and a brand new game on 1 system. Hell make it like Hyrule Warriors where it includes the 3DS stages into the mix. Besides to get the real "full" game with all the DLC would cost well over $100.

1 minute ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Zelda =/= Smash. Smash has always been one game per console, Zelda hasn't.

It doesn't always have to be that way. Nintendo can change the formula. They have for their other IPs, might as well do the same for Smash. Besides, it's a money making IP so Nintendo will be rolling in cash with 2 Smash games.

Any single player Wii U games are worth porting if you ask me. Don't need to slap Deluxe on the name with some new content, just port it directly to the eshop at a price point of 40 dollars or less. It's the multiplayer games that bother me. I couldn't play Pokken or Mario Kart 8 with friends when they came out. And I still can't, because they didn't put cross platform play on them. But I love the idea that more people get to play Bayonetta 2 and DKC Tropical Freeze. Having those sink with the Wii U is a crime to the industry. While we're here, get out TMS and Fatal Frame 4. Most people don't seem to remember these existed.

If we're talking virtual console, well, throw in everything that is feasible I say. The Switch is the definitive merge between nintendo's handheld and home consoles, so I'd okay everything from game boy to Wii back to the Virtual Boy. The ultimate Nintendo system that runs it all.

Finally, for third party games, more RPGs would be nice. If it weren't for the Switch's adaptive nature I never would have stuck with Xenoblade 2 for the two months it took me to beat it. Square Enix is leaving money on the table if they're not figuring out how to get FF15 to run on Switch. Or the Kingdom Hearts Remix collections. Or FF10 and 12 HD. I'm also not opposed to 3DS games getting remasters as the bulk of these games are single player focused and not so large that they'd have trouble fitting into a Switch cartridge. 

I know these answers are overly inclusive, but I know Nintendo has ran into quite a lot of money with the Switch that they've got plenty to burn on hiring people to port stuff over, even if these ports would see middling returns.

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

It doesn't always have to be that way. Nintendo can change the formula. They have for their other IPs, might as well do the same for Smash. Besides, it's a money making IP so Nintendo will be rolling in cash with 2 Smash games.

I'm pretty sure that no one would be stupid enough to get the Switch port of Smash 4 if they knew that a Smash 5 was coming. 

The only specific desires I had for Switch ports were Hyrule Warriors and Smash 4. The first is happening, the second is TBD. Soul Calibur VI is another I'd like to see, though.

Anything else that can come would, of course, be welcome.

3 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

You'd rather have a Smash 4 port than a brand new Smash game? Why? Oh, and they aren't going to port Splatoon over, given that it's sequel is already out on Switch.

An enhanced Smash 4 port is something a lot of people want. There's a lot of content in Smash 4 and a completely new game would likely have to make cuts, which people don't want. A project that uses the Smash 4 base but adds new modes, characters, etc. would be just as much a new Smash game.

17 minutes ago, Florete said:

An enhanced Smash 4 port is something a lot of people want. There's a lot of content in Smash 4 and a completely new game would likely have to make cuts, which people don't want. A project that uses the Smash 4 base but adds new modes, characters, etc. would be just as much a new Smash game.

What would a Smash 4S look like exactly?

Obviously it should be the entire Smash 4 roster with all DLC included by default. Maybe not the Mii Fighters costumes, but if included they could be made randomly obtainable like some of the garb.

The one character I would have issues seeing again would be Cloud, assuming SE is miserly with him.

New characters? Well Smash games are running out of new franchises and new games to add without going to 3rd Parties. Who beyond Inkling could be added from Ninty itself that would represent something totally new?

Perhaps bring back Ice Climbers or Wolf for nostalgia's sake?

New music and stages would be easier to add though.

8 player Smash would possibly have to go. Smash Tour might too, but maybe keep Smash Run?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What would a Smash 4S look like exactly?

Obviously it should be the entire Smash 4 roster with all DLC included by default. Maybe not the Mii Fighters costumes, but if included they could be made randomly obtainable like some of the garb.

The one character I would have issues seeing again would be Cloud, assuming SE is miserly with him.

New characters? Well Smash games are running out of new franchises and new games to add without going to 3rd Parties. Who beyond Inkling could be added from Ninty itself that would represent something totally new?

Perhaps bring back Ice Climbers or Wolf for nostalgia's sake?

New music and stages would be easier to add though.

8 player Smash would possibly have to go. Smash Tour might too, but maybe keep Smash Run?

This post I made on the Smash board basically answers all that:

On 1/23/2018 at 12:36 AM, Florete said:

Characters:

Since I'm still guessing we'll be getting an enhanced Smash 4 port, every Smash 4 fighter should return. Cutting them would likely be more work than just leaving them in anyway. The one possible exception is Cloud since it seems like there may have been licensing issues, but they would likely do what they need to to keep him in.

For newcomers, Inkling is basically a no-brainer. After that, I don't really have any predictions, but I'd personally like to see Dixie Kong and Shantae in. Since we always get a new Pokemon, Decidueye would be my choice there. I'm 50/50 on an Arms character getting in (Nintendo pushed it, but it didn't exactly make waves), and I don't want to see a Xenoblade 2 character anywhere near the Smash roster. And bring back Wolf and Ice Climbers.

More alts would also be great, and I imagine would be easier than most other things, especially since team color isn't even based on outfit color anymore. Really dive into the history of these characters for new costumes. Give FE characters promoted costumes, give Mario his vacation shirt from Sunshine, Toon Link his Windwaker pajamas, Samus her actual light and dark suit (and others), etc. Giving every fighter at least 1 or 2 special outfits like this (and some already have them) would probably even be better than fighter #65, if it came down to that.

And for the love of god make female Corrin the default.

Stages:

I'd like to see them all return, but I fear that they may think the stage selection screen could end up too bloated and cut a few. I think we'll definitely see new stages from Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, and Splatoon, and others could depend on what newcomers arrive.

Omega stages should stay, but it would be nice if we could also get Battlefield versions, and For Glory would just pick one at random.

Single player:

Needs to exist. Well, it doesn't really need to be "single" player, but a primary mode that can be done solo or with one other person like Subspace Emissary. I highly doubt we'll get something as expansive as SSE, but a mix of that and Melee's adventure mode could work pretty well. But really, anything is better than Smash Tour.

If it wouldn't be too difficult, Smash Run would be nice to see back, and since it will be on a more powerful console, it would be nice if you could actually see other players.

Miscellaneous:

I think the general flow of gameplay is pretty solid as-is in Smash 4. I can't think of anything I want to change about it aside from fixing some of the wonky hitboxes and knockback properties on certain attacks.

Custom moves, though. I really love them, but their implementation was pretty awful. Have them all available right away, have them for everyone, and allow them to be selected at character selection instead of forcing us to make a custom build. And let us use them online with anyone.

Make saving/uploading replays better. It really sucked every time the game was updated to lose all of my replays. It would also be nice to let us snip replays since it's often one particular moment that was worth saving, not the whole match.

If 8 player Smash could work on Wii U, why wouldn't it on Switch?

40 minutes ago, Florete said:

These are exactly my sentiments. Considering that Hyrule Warriors will contain all content from both Wii U and 3DS, there's no reason to think that a Switch version wouldn't as well, which would mean more stages and Smash Run. Ice Climbers (cut because they weren't working on 3DS) and other returning/new characters would be highly likely as well. The best thing a game like Smash or Mario Kart can provide is to add more characters, levels, and modes.

I really really miss the "Bonus" style of Vs play from Melee too and would love to see it come back.

My top 3 most wanted Switch ports are Xenoblade X, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and DKC: Tropical Freeze. Except Tropical Freeze's Switch port has already been confirmed so we're 1/3rd of the way there.

As for remakes, i really hope the Xenosaga Trilogy gets remade for the Switch. The Xenosaga Trilogy and Xenoblade X are the only Xeno games i haven't played and while the latter has a high chance of being on the Switch, the former kinda doesn't. That said, there is that one guy who went to a Namco press event and said that Dark Souls and Xenosaga weren't coming to the Switch. But as we all know, Dark Souls IS coming to the Switch. While it's possible that the games just weren't at the press event, i want to hang on to hope that a Xenosaga Trilogy remake is in the works.

Ideally, i'd love to see a Xenogears remake on the Switch, with the fully realized content that was cut out or shortened in the original game's Disc 2, but Square Enix has done basically jack shit with the game, apart from having Xenogears appear as a boss in World of Final Fantasy. Though they are celebrating it's 20th anniversary with a concert so maybe they'll announce a remake there. I'm not expecting it but i'd be so happy if it happened.

Edited by Armagon

5 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

Here's a better question what else is left?  I can only think of that would feasibly be brought over would be Smash 4, Mario Maker, and Xenoblade X

Yeah, i do feel that these three are the most likely. Smash is Smash, Mario Maker was a success and it'd be perfect on the Switch and with Xenoblade 2 breaking one million sales over the course of a month, Nintendo might want to capitalize on that by porting X. That and an X2 is likely and unlike 2, you probably will need to play X to understand X2.

15 hours ago, Florete said:

An enhanced Smash 4 port is something a lot of people want.

A new Smash is also something a lot of people want.

a completely new game would likely have to make cuts, which people don't want. 

I've seen a lot of hate over the years for Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina, saying that they should be alternate costumes instead of characters in their own right (which I fully agree with), so if they were cut from Smash 5, I'm sure that not too many people would complain or be outraged.

Two things I want remakes for:

• Fire Emblem Tellius remasters, with an expansion on the story. Make the story more ambitious, with Micaiah's story told in full, in addition to what's already there. What? 40+ Chapters? I don't care; just make it.
  • F-Zero GX needs a remake with an addition in story which tells what eventually happened to Captain Falcon and others, what eventually happened to the Galaxy, and how society transitioned to how it was in Maximum Velocity

On 2/17/2018 at 7:40 AM, henrymidfields said:

Two things I want remakes for:

• Fire Emblem Tellius remasters, with an expansion on the story. Make the story more ambitious, with Micaiah's story told in full, in addition to what's already there. What? 40+ Chapters? I don't care; just make it.
  • F-Zero GX needs a remake with an addition in story which tells what eventually happened to Captain Falcon and others, what eventually happened to the Galaxy, and how society transitioned to how it was in Maximum Velocity

Tellius remasters would be great as far as F-zero GX goes I'd rather them VC it and make a new follow up F-zero game entirely.  GX was released like what 2003?  I'll get out the sad violin now...