Bound Hero Battle: Into the Ground (Corrin and Azura)

SatsumaFSoysoy

Highly doubt anyone has the exact units I have in this, but if it can help someone out that's super cool.

things of note is mainly Ninian being able to kill the Red Wyvern after he hits her on EP (thanks Threaten Speed Seal which I'm pretty sure I called useless before!)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fliers really trivialized this map. Camilla, S Corrin, NY Azura and Elincia (Elincia never actually did anything) beat Infernal first try for me.

I just flew them all to the bottom middle first to buff up, then let Camilla eat all the enemies besides M Corrin who was taken out by S Corrin. Camilla also had Iote's Shield seal to deal with the archer easier. She's really pulling her weight in these challenge maps lately.

Why are people saying fliers are good for this map? I tried it and there's an archer that kills any one of them in one hit, even on hard. Did people put Iote's Shield on all their fliers or something? I've seen flier teams that didn't do that...

Ranged horse/infantry units are better for this imo. It was a lot easier to win, at least on hard. I don't know how I'm going to do lunatic or infernal though, Azura really adds to the difficulty...

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why are people saying fliers are good for this map? I tried it and there's an archer that kills any one of them in one hit, even on hard. Did people put Iote's Shield on all their fliers or something? I've seen flier teams that didn't do that...

Ranged horse/infantry units are better for this imo. It was a lot easier to win, at least on hard. I don't know how I'm going to do lunatic or infernal though, Azura really adds to the difficulty...

It's just a matter of watching your positioning, and making sure Azura isn't close enough to him to dance him for a surprise kill. It also helps that between the water and the forests fliers have great mobility on this map that other teams don't have.

Flier emblem in general (or at least my team lol) is a bit more on the fragile side, so it's better make use of your positioning/Airzura (if you're lucky enough to have her) to kill enemies during player phase instead of enemy phase.

This one took several tries to clear, but eventually I managed with my regular flier team of Elincia, Azura, Nowi, and Tana. Had to really pay attention to the enemy's movement range (especially Azura and the bow user), but that flier mobility works wonders. 

1 minute ago, kirauza343 said:

It's just a matter of watching your positioning, and making sure Azura isn't close enough to him to dance him for a surprise kill. It also helps that between the water and the forests fliers have great mobility on this map that other teams don't have.

Flier emblem in general (or at least my team lol) is a bit more on the fragile side, so it's better make use of your positioning/Airzura (if you're lucky enough to have her) to kill enemies during player phase instead of enemy phase.

This one took several tries to clear, but eventually I managed with my regular flier team of Elincia, Azura, Nowi, and Tana. Had to really pay attention to the enemy's movement range (especially Azura and the bow user), but that flier mobility works wonders. 

I don't have NY Azura, unfortunately. The only Azura I have is regular Azura. But I see. I tried Elincia, Hinoka, Witch Nowi, and Inigo. Inigo isn't a flier, but I thought his dancing would come in handy and it did help... until Azura danced the archer.

Though I didn't notice how many of my fliers lack positioning skills. I thought I'd given those to them. I have to fix that.

I just dumped about ten stamina pots on this because I really wanted to clear it with Soren and the Ike’s and I don’t know when to quit. 

Dragon Fang has won me many a GHB and BHB and having it turned against me hurt more than expected lol. 

This Infernal BHB took longer than I care to admit, I had to switch out Cherche and Cordelia on my main team for Tana and Minerva. I ended up finally beating it with Minerva, Elincia, Tana and NY!Azura. I'm really not proud of how long it took :(

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

It seems strange but there’s an explanation. The mage attacked Inigo because Matthew was able to double, activate bonfire, and consequently kill the mage, whereas Inigo could not. The same thing applies to Azura and Ayra. While Azura could have left Ayra near death, Ayra would have straight up obliterated Azura so she opted to attack Matthew instead.

With that out of the way, I glad you did record it since I always look forward to seeing your clears.

It was a theory that the enemies would rather attack the enemy that was less likely to kill them even if they could do more damage to the unit that would. Interesting, I don't remember self preservation being a factor in the main FE series unless we were just attacking units that couldn't counter.

And thank you, I actually really appreciate that.

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

What was astounding to me isn't that blue mages keep attacking Inigo instead of Matthew for some reason, but that Azura with her Sapphire Lance+ chose to attack Matthew over Ayra during her turn. What on earth would make her choose a colorless unit over a red she has a 40% advantage over? How much bulk could she have possibly had at that point? Mysteries abound.

Azura would have died trying to fight Ayra, so her AI chose the "safer" option of fighting Matthew, even if it was strategically poor. If Matthew didn't hit her, she probably would've gone for Ayra. Very groovy.

Looks like I won't be able to complete this on infernal. Just about everyone is using NY Azura with other fliers and I don't have her. And the few people that didn't use her are also using units that I don't have/can't use others in place of. That's just not right. Even the hardest maps should be doable with plenty of different team setups/units...

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Looks like I won't be able to complete this on infernal. Just about everyone is using NY Azura with other fliers and I don't have her. And the few people that didn't use her are also using units that I don't have/can't use others in place of. That's just not right. Even the hardest maps should be doable with plenty of different team setups/units...

I don't have Azura or other seasonal fliers, but of the few units I know you have, I think you could pull this off. Here are some suggestions:

• A blue mage or other ranged attacker who can kill Corrin in one turn. I personally used Atk+ Robin with TA3, Swordbreaker, and Atk 1 seal (so I guess 44 Atk minimum needed on a TA blue). One of the most important things you can do is kill Corrin early, since he's by far the most dangerous unit.
  • Someone who can kill the Axe Flier on a counter kill. I used Vanguard Ike, but practically any red or hardy green with QR or Axebreaker should be fine here. Not sure if it's worked this way for everyone else, but Azura has always sung for the flier, bringing them to attack whoever is on the trench tile (you'd need to use Reposition or Draw Back to get a cavalry there).
  • Any kind of unit who can dispose of the blue mage. He's the only magic user here, so removing him would open the way for a Def monster like your Frederick to clean house (even the sword flyer would struggle against Frederick).
  • Whatever you're missing in terms of coverage for your main offense, whether that's just a dancer, healer, or more offense.

If you wanna list off a few units you're considering, I'd be glad to help come up with some ideas.

20 minutes ago, Johann said:

I don't have Azura or other seasonal fliers, but of the few units I know you have, I think you could pull this off. Here are some suggestions:

• A blue mage or other ranged attacker who can kill Corrin in one turn. I personally used Atk+ Robin with TA3, Swordbreaker, and Atk 1 seal (so I guess 44 Atk minimum needed on a TA blue). One of the most important things you can do is kill Corrin early, since he's by far the most dangerous unit.
  • Someone who can kill the Axe Flier on a counter kill. I used Vanguard Ike, but practically any red or hardy green with QR or Axebreaker should be fine here. Not sure if it's worked this way for everyone else, but Azura has always sung for the flier, bringing them to attack whoever is on the trench tile (you'd need to use Reposition or Draw Back to get a cavalry there).
  • Any kind of unit who can dispose of the blue mage. He's the only magic user here, so removing him would open the way for a Def monster like your Frederick to clean house (even the sword flyer would struggle against Frederick).
  • Whatever you're missing in terms of coverage for your main offense, whether that's just a dancer, healer, or more offense.

If you wanna list off a few units you're considering, I'd be glad to help come up with some ideas.

Okay, Reinhardt should be able to smoke Corrin. RD Ike might be able to kill the axe Peg, but he'd get quadded by her because he's -Spd, so I dunno if he'd take a lot of damage or not. I was considering my Ryoma instead, even though he's -Spd too. He's got 36 spd thanks to some skills/seals I gave him though, so he wouldn't be quadded.

Yeah, my Frederick's 56 enemy phase Def makes a lot of physical units struggle against him. lol I wasn't sure about trying many horses since map limitations, but maybe he could work too.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, Reinhardt should be able to smoke Corrin. RD Ike might be able to kill the axe Peg, but he'd get quadded by her because he's -Spd, so I dunno if he'd take a lot of damage or not. I was considering my Ryoma instead, even though he's -Spd too. He's got 36 spd thanks to some skills/seals I gave him though, so he wouldn't be quadded.

Yeah, my Frederick's 56 enemy phase Def makes a lot of physical units struggle against him. lol I wasn't sure about trying many horses since map limitations, but maybe he could work too.

If you have the quick repose seal your Ike should have no issue taking the axe peg out even if it isn't upgraded. The quad won't hurt him much at all.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah like @DarkLordIvy said, Ike should be fine; he shouldn't take any damage, and even if he does, he'll Aether it all back. The Axe guy is unquestionably the weakest unit you have to deal with. Not sure who else you'd use, but if, say, you put Frederick and Ike on the right hand side, Ike will want either Swap or Draw Back to get Frederick into the trench without wasting a turn. You could potentially gear Ike up to counter kill the archer as well with QR, though he may need at least 1 extra point of Spd somehow to keep from getting doubled by said archer; Reprisal would likely kill him. You definitely want to leave Warding Breath on him though, and Def Tactic may help Frederick, so Frederick may have to use Spur Spd 1 or something unless Ike is getting an A support from somewhere unless you give Ike QR as a B skill.

Reinhardt will likely have to come in from the left side. I'd suggest putting him with a dancer (any?), and have him swoop him, kill Corrin, dance, and then Draw Back or Reposition the dancer to safety.

Edited by Johann

33 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

If you have the quick repose seal your Ike should have no issue taking the axe peg out even if it isn't upgraded. The quad won't hurt him much at all.

16 minutes ago, Johann said:

Yeah like @DarkLordIvy said, Ike should be fine; he shouldn't take any damage, and even if he does, he'll Aether it all back. The Axe guy is unquestionably the weakest unit you have to deal with. Not sure who else you'd use, but if, say, you put Frederick and Ike on the right hand side, Ike will want either Swap or Draw Back to get Frederick into the trench without wasting a turn. You could potentially gear Ike up to counter kill the archer as well with QR, though he may need at least 1 extra point of Spd somehow to keep from getting doubled by said archer; Reprisal would likely kill him. You definitely want to leave Warding Breath on him though, and Def Tactic may help Frederick, so Frederick may have to use Spur Spd 1 or something unless Ike is getting an A support from somewhere unless you give Ike QR as a B skill.

Reinhardt will likely have to come in from the left side. I'd suggest putting him with a dancer (any?), and have him swoop him, kill Corrin, dance, and then Draw Back or Reposition the dancer to safety.

Yeah, my RD Ike has Vantage 3 at B and the QR seal. I also fully upgraded the QR seal for him. But he doesn't have Swap or Draw Back, he has Reposition. I hope that can work.

And I see. I'll have to see what I can do then.

15 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

My 5★ Catria (Def/HP, +Def slaying lance+, Reposition, Luna, Close Def 3, Quick Riposte 3 seal) worked just as well as your Valter. I didn’t even need to spend any feathers! She had to tank a shot from the archer, but she lived with 3 (or 4?) HP which was nothing for Wrys. Thanks for the clear!

Nice! Glad it helped out.

16 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

@LordFrigidActually...I have those particular 4 units at LV40 including Valter but he’s a 4*. I can attempt to recreate your clear. 

Turns out 4* Valter will work with some seals. Narcian needs Spur Atk 1, Valter needs Speed +3, Olivia needs Fortify Def 1, and Wrys needs Spur Spd 1. It’s also very important that Wrys has Slow equipped. Movements are the same, but Wrys needs to attack the Sword Flier (he can deal 4 dmg with the Hone Atk buff and Slow) for the KO on T6, and Valter needs more than 2 rounds for Corrin.

I couldn’t find a way to not need Speed +3, unfortunately.

Edited by LordFrigid

Took me a couple tries, but I did it! That team setup was a good idea. Frederick had to take a hit from the blue mage, but he survived with 1 HP, holy shit. Go Freddy Bear! <3

What else I did included baiting sword wyvern and Corrin to the left towards Reinhardt and letting Ike and Frederick take care of the others. I can't remember who killed the archer though...

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

It was a theory that the enemies would rather attack the enemy that was less likely to kill them even if they could do more damage to the unit that would. Interesting, I don't remember self preservation being a factor in the main FE series unless we were just attacking units that couldn't counter.

And thank you, I actually really appreciate that.

This is the case. If you have a unit with activated Miracle sitting at 2 HP and a full health unit, the AI wont attack the unit with Miracle (unless the enemy can double) but instead will charge for the unit it can deal the most dmg against (if 2 are in range). (There is an example of this in my video of BHB Cecilia against Healer emblem, where Cecilia opts to attack Wrys instead of Azama because Azama has miracle ready and thus would only take lik 5 dmg compared to wrys taking 20 or so)

The AI also will target the unit that wont kill it in the counterattack if there are multiple in range.

The AI also will opt to attack units that cant counter, you can easy check this when running stuff with weaponless dancers and healers. Even if the AI deal 0 dmg they will opt to attack those weaponless units, unless they can kill the other weaponed unit.

The AI also prioritizes killing over healing, you can see that in autobattle on tempest trial if you run it with healers as support. sometimes your healers wont heal your units in the mid of the battle if they can opt to kill another unit (they will allways heal at start of turn 1 because no enemy is in range though), this is important to know, because wrathfull staff actually  puts healing "on the lower priority" list, because the healer can kill more enemys easy.

Edited by Hilda

This map infernal was incredibly annoying (stupid cancer dancers) but eventually I won with Erika, Nephenee taking out the axe flier and corrin and Henry and BK on the other side to kill everyone else 

@Zeo One thing that I know about why Azura won't attack your Ayra is because the AI will never attack on the one who can finish them on counterattack. In this case, your Ayra have Regnal Astra ready to chop Azura in pieces so she scare and attack Matthew instead.

Edited by Ginko