General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

23 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

No, the only picnic unit I've gotten so far is Leo.

The joke is that lance just is a refineable, 14 Mt Bright Naginata and in addition to that, original Lukas is getting his own prf that will be refineable. Or to put more simply and bluntly, Shiro is getting completely crapped on because I guess someone at IS hates him or something.

My error then, I forgot Shiro was a canonical brown. For I keep remembering him as Azura's bluish-white,  due to that I think being his first mother for me, and his name Shiro can mean white in Japanese.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Shiro is still a pretty good unit!

I wasn't trying to say otherwise. That personal weapon of his on the other hand......I'll just put it kindly and say it (and by association Siegbert's Dark Greatsword) has not aged well.

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I wasn't trying to say otherwise. That personal weapon of his on the other hand......I'll just put it kindly and say it (and by association Siegbert's Dark Greatsword) has not aged well.

Seigbert's Dark Greatsword has built in Swift Sparrow right?

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Seigbert's Dark Greatsword has built in Swift Sparrow right?

Yup, and nothing more. Meanwhile, Eliwood and Hana can have that plus Death Blow 3 and effective damage against armors respectively.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

this reminds me for my daily begging that Healers get Prfs. 
(starting with Serra and Elise, best girls). 

I'd like this too, actually. Mist needs it the most, imo. And I don't even need Tellius bias here. Everyone hates pulling her because she's a 5 star with little to offer. I like having her because she's the best little sister imo, but even I can agree that she's a mediocre unit and should've never remained 5 star.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Yup, and nothing more. Meanwhile, Eliwood and Hana can have that plus Death Blow 3 and effective damage against armors respectively.

Siegbert has a much better offensive stat spread compared to Eliwood though. Even with Durandal's Refinement, Siegbert is still better offensively due to his higher Spd.

Hana is pretty good though, and her Refinement does make her even better in combat.

Quite happy to have the status quo where Gen 1 units at least have these refines over the Gen 2 units as an equalisation measure. Better weapons vs more BST and (generally) more optimal stat distribution. Seems fair to me. *shrug*

35 minutes ago, Etheus said:

As far as healers go, I'd definitely love a prf for Lucius. He's my preferred healer, but could use a little bump (not to say that other infantry healers couldn't use said bump more).  

honestly. I'd love to build up a chunk of healers. I like Lucius a lot too. I was trying sooo hard to get more veronicas so i could build up my other favourite cav (Priscilla) so that she + Serra would have wind fire balm + and wrathful/dazzle (Serra got my two extra Christmas Eirikas I got in the Legendary). but it's just not that fesible. I really wish, especially because healers are locked out of so many skills, that they could just refine via stones what they need nd their skills were like. legendary like. 300-400 1 skill transfer because it's nuts that you need a minimum of 2-3 5* units to really begin to outfit a healer. 

9 hours ago, Etheus said:

As far as healers go, I'd definitely love a prf for Lucius. He's my preferred healer, but could use a little bump (not to say that other infantry healers couldn't use said bump more).  

Yeah, Lucius is my preferred healer as well. Mine is +5, and he just need a prf  weapon.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I would merge up Sakura or Lachesis over Klein as my alt's colorless +10 if they got personal weapons.

No, I'm not still salty they (the healers, not Klein) showed up 5-stars instead of Brave Lyn on the starter hero fest one year ago.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Since we're likely to get these tonight or at daily reset (they'll probably want the new buildings in at the start of the arena season), does anyone have any last minute predictions for the weapons?

I'm thinking that Daybreak Spear will either be a Brave Lance with Sturdy Blow 2 or a Slaying Lance with Close Def 3.

I could see Faye’s Bow of Devotion being a ranged Vidofnir at base with the option to add “When an Infantry Sword or R Tome ally is within 2 spaces, grants DEF/RES +5 during combat” to make her a better defensive unit.

Lukas I could see getting a 16-MT Slaying Lance with optional Guard effect when above 50% HP.

I have no idea what Stahl and Sully could get, or if they’re gonna get basically the same weapon like Cain & Abel did.

Since Sully and Stahl are getting the Bull Lance and Panther Blade, I can imagine them getting similar weapons to Cain and Abel. Maybe with a different effect for the unrefined weapon. If they're boring it'll be Triangle Adept, but if they wanna be "unique" it'll be a form of Attack up and something else that the two of them can benefit from, because none of their stats synergize with the other whatsoever. Last idea for them, they'd do something to reference Pair-Up (from Awakening that is, not in Heroes)

Lukas and Faye meanwhile... I can see Lukas getting a Killer Lance prf with a Sturdy Stance refine, and Faye getting a Mirror Stance prf that has an effect similar to forged Brynhildr, or what ILikeKirbys suggested, or something...

Edited by Xenomata

4 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I could see Faye’s Bow of Devotion being a ranged Vidofnir at base with the option to add “When an Infantry Sword or R Tome ally is within 2 spaces, grants DEF/RES +5 during combat” to make her a better defensive unit.

Lukas I could see getting a 16-MT Slaying Lance with optional Guard effect when above 50% HP.

I have no idea what Stahl and Sully could get, or if they’re gonna get basically the same weapon like Cain & Abel did.

Faye is a bit misguided and all but that just seems cruel :P

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Last idea for them, they'd do something to reference Pair-Up (from Awakening that is, not in Heroes)

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that's a mechanic now.

30 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Faye is a bit misguided and all but that just seems cruel :P

Celica can recruit Kliff and Faye in Chapter 2 if Alm leaves them behind in Chapter 1.  And Faye seems fairly happy to see Celica again if you do this, separate from her complaints about Alm leaving her behind.

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Celica can recruit Kliff and Faye in Chapter 2 if Alm leaves them behind in Chapter 1.  And Faye seems fairly happy to see Celica again if you do this, separate from her complaints about Alm leaving her behind.

It was a joke.

With the new banner being revealed, I'd laugh if Faye's and Lukas's new weapons all have them wanting Warding Stance 4 and guess who's going to provide that? One peasant hating Rigelian noble.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I wonder if these refines will land before I die of old age. :lol:

Refines always come with a new banner update, so they'll likely be released a few hours before the upcoming banner.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Refines always come with a new banner update, so they'll likely be released a few hours before the upcoming banner.

Is it always? I could have sworn that they will often release early enough ahead that stat datamines often occur (not for that reason, only incidentally so). 

Eh. Whatever. It makes sense. I suppose it just feels like a longer gap when you actually care about one of the characters being refined.

Edited by Etheus