General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

3 hours ago, GreatKnightEcho said:

I came up with this refine idea.

Henry : Ruinous Hex

Base (12 MT): After combat, if unit attacked, grants "Unit can counterattack regardless of distance" to unit and adjacent allies.

Refine: Sudden Panic 3

That sounds fun. Sudden Panic is also good, but Henry's HP is not super high though, and since his Atk is also abysmal, I think it is reasonable to remove Sudden Panic's HP requirement or give him HP+10 on top of it to make it trigger more reliable.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It occurred to me... could Saizo gets Adaptive damage on his weapon, like Felicia?

One of his "things" in Fates was his good Magic growth that let him wield the Flame Shuriken better than any other Ninja in the game bar a reclassed Felicia or Asugi with the right mom.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

It occurred to me... could Saizo gets Adaptive damage on his weapon, like Felicia?

One of his "things" in Fates was his good Magic growth that let him wield the Flame Shuriken better than any other Ninja in the game bar a reclassed Felicia or Asugi with the right mom.

I'm actually baffled that they didn't make the Flame Shuriken his prf.

22 hours ago, Xenomata said:

he needs it, but he also needs more then that. His Attack is low so he needs like Felicia a way to beef up his special counter faster.

Maybe he gets a gunnthra refine that lets him deal dmg depending on the amount of debuffs on the enemy, but that wouldnt really help since you kinda need to apply them first lulz.

Edited by Hilda

26 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Maybe he gets a gunnthra refine that lets him deal dmg depending on the amount of debuffs on the enemy, but that wouldnt really help since you kinda need to apply them first lulz.

It would be cool if his gimmick is to apply debuffs before combat, so that could help his damage output.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

It would be cool if his gimmick is to apply debuffs before combat, so that could help his damage output.

Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count−1). Before combat, if Special is ready, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res−6 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions. (If Special triggers before combat, this effect happens first.)

Refine: At the start of turn 1, if Special triggers before combat, grants Special cooldown count−3.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Kagero's Dart gives her +4 Atk and +4 Spd if her Atk is higher than her opponent's at the start of combat. Refine is 50% damage reduction from the opponent's first attack if she initiates.

Amiti's refine is Swift Sparrow 2.

I don't have the other two.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Saizo's base effect is the same as a refined Smoke Dagger+.  His refine is a bonus to his stats equal to the penalty on his opponent's stats (i.e. if the opponent has -4 Atk and -4 Spd, Saizo gets +4 Atk and +4 Spd).

Oscar has a slaying lance, with a refine of Drive Atk/Spd for infantry and cavalry, and +3 Atk/+3 Spd if he's in 2 squares of an infantry or cavalry ally.

Source:  https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/byr8rm/all_36_refines/

Overall I think this is a good batch of refines.

Kagero's weapon seems strong for both a Vantage roll on AR offense and makes her tough for a tank to 1 shot on defense. Doesn't protect her from being picked off but it can't do everything.

Saizo got a fun weapon that can make him a huge ball of stats if you invest in him, and if you have debuffs from other sources it could make his first round of combat fairly threatening. Gonna have to watch out for those recover staves and rally traps though.

Oscar's is nice flavor but nothing spectacular. Not that he needed anything spectacular. Still crying on the inside Mathilda has been left for last.

And Elincia is now a slightly more efficient murder machine. I think her raw damage output still lags slightly behind Palla, but all the the baggage and requirements that come with whitewing sword means Elincia is a far more versatile and consistent option.

Edited by colossus86

3 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

I think her raw damage output still lags slightly behind Palla, but all the the baggage and requirements that come with whitewing sword means Elincia is a far more versatile and consistent option.

Neutral Palla has 50/34 offenses plus Triangle Adept when she has Triangle Attack's buffs up. Neutral Elincia has 49/38 offenses.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Neutral Palla has 50/34 offenses plus Triangle Adept when she has Triangle Attack's buffs up. Neutral Elincia has 49/38 offenses.

Yeah I actually did the math right after I posted and saw their functionally the same. I do love when a 3-4 star and a 5 star have an interesting choice dynamic though. Palla is far easier to merge, but you either have to run CA or just live with Triangle Adept. Also Triangle Attack functionally limits her to flyer teams. Elincia has the high cost of a 5 locked Red unit, but is more consistent in damage output and more versatile in team composition.

24 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Now my question.
Double swift sparrow elincia? 
give her back deathblow (on top of swift sparrow refine). (My Elincia is +spd). 

so many options. 

Yeah, she got a lot of options.

With a consistent A skill on her Weapon, she can utilize more difficult skill set ups like double Brazen Atk/Spd if you want her to do crazy quading.

She can also just stick with Death Blow if you want her to Reinhardt her way through enemies.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, she got a lot of options.

With a consistent A skill on her Weapon, she can utilize more difficult skill set ups like double Brazen Atk/Spd if you want her to do crazy quading.

She can also just stick with Death Blow if you want her to Reinhardt her way through enemies.

i never even thought of that - double brazen atk/spd.... 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

i never even thought of that - double brazen atk/spd.... 

I personally would never use Grails for skill fodder, but players prioritizes resources differently. If you are comfortable with using Grails for Skill Inheritance, Linus got Brazen Atk/Spd at 5* if quading is something you want to try out on Elinicia.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

I personally would never use Grails for skill fodder, but players prioritizes resources differently. If you are comfortable with using Grails for Skill Inheritance, Linus got Brazen Atk/Spd at 5* if quading is something you want to try out on Elinicia.

.... isn't that what they are there for? for skill inheritance? (or if you want to +10 them you can? most of the grail units i have no intention of +10ing so i just saw it as the skill shop as i figured it was intended to be). 

I can try the sacred seal on her to start. I'm fine with the death blow in her A. 

Below average batch I guess to me.

Elincia (don't have her)- not a bad effect, but not meta-shakingly strong either

Oscar- unfortunate that he lost the gem effect, but the interesting drive effects are appreciated (like Camilla's axe)

Saizo- no real comment, doesn't look that great, would've been interesting if all the debuffs got added to his atk like Gunnthra's tome did.

Kagero- underwhelming base effect, decent special refine to be annoying on defense only (like Seliph). Extremely disappointing that she lost anti-infantry effect. Won't be building her after all.

Oscar's weapon is actually pretty damn good, which is honestly surprising. He's already one of the best lance cavs thanks to his stat spread, yet they give him a weapon that's REALLY good for support, (basically Brave Lucina's effect limited to infantry and Calvary) and has really strong combat buffs (attack and speed +3 and special accel -1). Probably  the winner of this batch since this lets him be played in multiple different ways and works pretty well with drive / goad stacking teams. He's also easy as hell to obtain and his statspread has quite a bit of flexibility thanks to his super boon in def.

All I can say is that I hope Roderick gets a better refine. He's my first five star, but has been pretty outdated ever since Oscar was introduced and has gotten shafted in almost everything (being the least wanted unit for two years straight).

Elincia - Still don't get why they felt Amiti needed a refinement, but meh, not going to complain. Makes me want her all the more, and I already wanted her.

Oscar - Nice. I greatly enjoy Camilla's axe, and Oscar is one of my favorite characters. Will probably get around to promoting him once I have the feathers. If only there were actual worthwhile A skills besides Fury that were easily available. Maybe DB3? I have a +spd Oscar and plenty of Kleins. He can join Ares, Camus, and I guess Titania or Cecilia as my cavs that have an actual chance of reaching +10.

Kagero - Pretty nice. I'd been on the fence about raising her eventually, so this makes that a bit easier of a decision.

Saizo - Weapon seems nice, but I don't particularly like him so no real change in my stance on him. Now if it'd been Kaze...

All in all, pretty happy with this batch of refinements.

Edited by bottlegnomes

So just to compile it all into one post as opposed to slightly scattered...

Elincia: Amiti can be refined with Swift Sparrow 2.

Oscar: Loyal Greatlance. Accelerated Special Trigger, basically a Prf Killer Lance.
Refine: Grants Atk/Spd +3 to Infantry/Cavalry allies during combat, and grants the same boost to Oscar as long as he is within 2 spaces of an Infantry/Cavalry ally.

Saizo: Saizo's Star. Same effect as refined Smoke Dagger+ (-6 Atk/Spd/Def/Res on target and enemies within 2 spaces of target)
Refine: Grants bonus to Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat equal to current penalty on each of targets stats. Calculates each stat bonus independently.

Kagero: Kagero's Dart. At start of combat, if units Atk is greater than foe's Atk, grants Atk/Spd +4 during combat. (also describes Dagger effect as Dagger 7 for some reason?)
Refine: If unit initiates combat, reduces damage from foe's first attack by 50%

My thoughts?

Amiti is great, really no reason to take anything other than Swift Sparrow. It literally eliminates the speed penalty on Amiti altogether while also providing an Atk boost.
Loyal Greatlance looks fine. I'm not sure if this'll convince me to use Oscar, but it's at least a good start if I ever do.
Saizo's Star looks awesome. It's no Pyrotechnics translation or Adeptive damage, but it does really compliment itself well. Really glad I gave him Close Counter now, as this weapon really opens the door for Saizo to be one of the tankier Daggers in the game.
Kagero's Dart... TBH, it's a little weird to me. The base effect is fine, and Kagero can definitely get it to trigger on a good number of foes. But... the special refine is just weird to me. It doesn't really enhance her general playstyle, it just makes her less likely to die in one hit. Which... that's not bad, but it is kinda weird to me.

Edited by Xenomata

17 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

.... isn't that what they are there for? for skill inheritance? (or if you want to +10 them you can? most of the grail units i have no intention of +10ing so i just saw it as the skill shop as i figured it was intended to be). 

Since Grails are so limited, I prefer to use my Grails for merging only. As a paying player, I can always spend more to get the skills I want, but there is no amount of spending I can do to obtain more copies of limited Grail units once I get all 20 extra copies. I much rather have two 5*+10 F!Robin and a third 5*+#, than to have one 5*+10 Robin with a bunch of other units with B Tomebreaker.

Just now, XRay said:

Since Grails are so limited, I prefer to use my Grails for merging only. As a paying player, I can always spend more to get the skills I want, but there is no amount of spending I can do to obtain more copies of limited Grail units once I get all 20 extra copies. I much rather have two 5*+10 F!Robin and a third 5*+#, than to have one 5*+10 Robin with a bunch of other units with B Tomebreaker.

but why would you want 2 +10 robins?
(and robin is the only source of Blue Tomebreaker). so....i dunno.